FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > eurekas membership

eurekas membership

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kescape OP   Couple  over a year ago

Windsor

has anyone else given up trying to get membership online? We have spent months back and forward with emails and still we are pending. Such a shame as we used to love spending summers there pre covid. Need a new outdoor safe space in the south east.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *euve4usCouple  over a year ago

Teddington

We just applied to renew and made sure we filled in online and then turned up - they confirmed our application and paid membership there and then.

By *rivatepitMan  over a year ago

Battle

"has anyone else given up trying to get membership online? We have spent months back and forward with emails and still we are pending. Such a shame as we used to love spending summers there pre covid. Need a new outdoor safe space in the south east."

From my experience last year, if you go through the process, submit scanned documents, pay online then you go into the pending pool. I then called and they confirmed they had everything they needed, and approval followed a few days later.

This year the renewal was similar, except it would not allow me to use the same email address. A quick phone call, and all sorted. If you are having problems, then they are well worth calling as they are extremely helpful and want to help.

By *otshot14Woman  over a year ago

nuneaton

There was a post on here saying there were going to close for good.

That I can say isn't true,I've spoken to the owners about this.

Just a rumours started.

I would say ring them up and go down to sort it out in person.which is why I'm going this weekend to sort mine out.

I like this place for what it is,during the day and when they have there theme nights.

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"There was a post on here saying there were going to close for good.

Just a rumours started.

I would say ring them up and go down to sort it out in person.which is why I'm going this weekend to sort mine out.

I like this place for what it is,during the day and when they have there theme nights."

I saw that post

It was about the planning application from the owners that eureka rents the premises and grounds from - Eureka is only a tenant

Its a proposal for Cessation of the existing use, clearance of the existing built development and the erection of 3no. detached dwellings with enhancements to the landscape and ancient woodland. Associated parking and landscaping.

Local residents on the whole are supportive and decision is this week apparently

All info on Sevenoaks district council so a tad more than a rumour

For years the parish council and residents have been against the club but never seen such a definitive plan like this

By *Four_uCouple  over a year ago

from the land of milk & honey

Just a rumours started.

I like this place for what it is,during the day and when they have there theme nights.

I saw that post

It was about the planning application from the owners that eureka rents the premises and grounds from - Eureka is only a tenant

Its a proposal for Cessation of the existing use, clearance of the existing built development and the erection of 3no. detached dwellings with enhancements to the landscape and ancient woodland. Associated parking and landscaping.

Local residents on the whole are supportive and decision is this week apparently

For years the parish council and residents have been against the club but never seen such a definitive plan like this "

I wasn't sure about this but I have just checked the council planning site and it's absolutely true, planning has been applied for and a decision is due soon.

Teddington

Just a rumours started.

I saw that post

For years the parish council and residents have been against the club but never seen such a definitive plan like this

I wasn't sure about this but I have just checked the council planning site and it's absolutely true, planning has been applied for and a decision is due soon. "

Planning does not mean closure now. The club have a long lease. It is the freehold owner who has applied. They have to honour the lease and cannot evict as it is a business lease which is different from a residential tenancy.

Usually a developer will try and get planning to set a precedent for the future. It is green belt land set in an ancient woodland so whilst it may be supported locally it does not mean planning will be granted.

Even if it is granted then the lease still applies so keep going and enjoying.

We do not have any connection save for being members who enjoy attending Eureka - our tans are looking good

By *Four_uCouple  over a year ago

from the land of milk & honey

Just a rumours started.

I saw that post

I wasn't sure about this but I have just checked the council planning site and it's absolutely true, planning has been applied for and a decision is due soon.

Planning does not mean closure now. The club have a long lease. It is the freehold owner who has applied. They have to honour the lease and cannot evict as it is a business lease which is different from a residential tenancy.

Usually a developer will try and get planning to set a precedent for the future. It is green belt land set in an ancient woodland so whilst it may be supported locally it does not mean planning will be granted.

We do not have any connection save for being members who enjoy attending Eureka - our tans are looking good "

I guess time will tell. There are many ways to end a lease if they really want too. It might be a case of the current tenants want to get out of the lease, let's be honest it's not been an easy few years and if you aren't making money then getting out and letting the landlord re-develope the land might be the best option. Any way as I say time will tell and it really doesn't effect us as we now attend different venues and have left eureka in the past as it isn't what it once was..

Teddington

Just a rumours started.

I saw that post

We do not have any connection save for being members who enjoy attending Eureka - our tans are looking good

I guess time will tell. There are many ways to end a lease if they really want too. It might be a case of the current tenants want to get out of the lease, let's be honest it's not been an easy few years and if you aren't making money then getting out and letting the landlord re-develope the land might be the best option. Any way as I say time will tell and it really doesn't effect us as we now attend different venues and have left eureka in the past as it isn't what it once was.."

Yes there are ways of getting out of it but our understanding is that they want to remain and have raised there own concerns around the planning

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

Just a rumours started.

I saw that post

I guess time will tell. There are many ways to end a lease if they really want too. It might be a case of the current tenants want to get out of the lease, let's be honest it's not been an easy few years and if you aren't making money then getting out and letting the landlord re-develope the land might be the best option. Any way as I say time will tell and it really doesn't effect us as we now attend different venues and have left eureka in the past as it isn't what it once was.."

Definitely a possibility

Many reasons a lease can end

Not paying rent , antisocial behaviour , a ‘break clause’ in the contract …. All these allow the landlord to take back the property before the end of the fixed term

And as you said , if Eureka isn’t profitable as it was before then getting out of the lease might seem appealing

Be interesting to see what the planning decision is tho

By *ensualminxCouple  over a year ago

Orpington

The "determination date", per the planning application on the Sevenoaks District Council website (therein, Planning) was Tuesday 16th August, so this past week, therefore one would imagine that there will be news over the next week or so. Odd that membership applications are being accepted in the meantime.

Teddington

"The "determination date", per the planning application on the Sevenoaks District Council website (therein, Planning) was Tuesday 16th August, so this past week, therefore one would imagine that there will be news over the next week or so. Odd that membership applications are being accepted in the meantime. "

Why wouldn’t a business with a separate lease continue to operate? Granting a planning permission does not usurp a business lease held by the club. It is the owner of the land that has applied and not the club who I have been told are going to continue to operate.

By *ed and WolfieCouple  over a year ago

Gravesend

"The "determination date", per the planning application on the Sevenoaks District Council website (therein, Planning) was Tuesday 16th August, so this past week, therefore one would imagine that there will be news over the next week or so. Odd that membership applications are being accepted in the meantime.

Why wouldn’t a business with a separate lease continue to operate? Granting a planning permission does not usurp a business lease held by the club. It is the owner of the land that has applied and not the club who I have been told are going to continue to operate."

The club will continue to operate normally up to the point when they can't, I.e. the day that they have to leave. If they stop taking memberships, or money over the counter they will cease to generate cash, and be unable to cover overheads or take any salary. Any staff will leave and find new jobs, and then they will not be able to operate and will close down even earlier.

Unfortunately thats how business works.

By *ickbeachbumMan  over a year ago

Dartford

Yes the Sevenoaks website shows decision pending since 16th August. Further reading shows that process has been ongoing since 2020.

Bat survey completed July 2021 and agreement made for new design to retain trees deemed to be ancient woodland. So seems owners likely to get planning consent this time and sadly club doomed?

By *aughty6570Couple  over a year ago

maidstone

[Removed by poster at 31/08/22 15:08:02]

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

Who gives a monkey's cunt

By *ussexboytmMan  over a year ago

Crawley

Anyone going tonight?

By *ovebirdsupnorthCouple  over a year ago

kent

"has anyone else given up trying to get membership online? We have spent months back and forward with emails and still we are pending. Such a shame as we used to love spending summers there pre covid. Need a new outdoor safe space in the south east."
add us to hot list we are re camping eureka

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"...add us to hot list we are re camping eureka "

Eureka has always been about much more than just party nights.

Is your new venue going to be able to replicate the outdoor daytime scene?

» Add a new message to this topic