FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Are clubs going to survive?

Are clubs going to survive?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *azpiz1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Camberley

Honest question. Are clubs still viable in our current economic climate?

I'm told that Kestrels / Ab Fabs bills are the wrong side of £25k a month (yes, you read that right), and will go up like the rest of our bills in October and again in January.

Rumour has it, and it IS just a rumour they are considering closure.

Obviously, the same is true for all other clubs and every other business, but clubs are only open on certain dats, at certain times, and have a limited clientele.

So what's the answer? Raise prices, right? If your favourite club suddenly doubles its prices (or more), would you still go?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

As much as I'd love to support my favourite club, I'm not made of money. Already had to cut down slightly, mainly due to lack of transport. But if they double their prices, then I could only go occasionally rather than once or twice a month.

By *eamworkboyMan  over a year ago

Irvine

I think its a bit of a niche market so people will find a way to visit, maybe less than they do now, we need more clubs not less but I can understand the financial implications to clubs so maybe some need to find other ways of raising funds such as share issues etc I would certainly buy into one right now.

By *ECADANCE CLUB ROCHDALECouple  over a year ago

ROCHDALE

As a club it us increasing difficult to stay open amid all the costs. We haven't raised our prices as we don't want to pass the costs onto customers as we know how hard things are. Unfortunately we are seeing less genuine swingers on this site and more and more guys who just think they can get a guaranteed shag.

By *etWetWet453Couple  over a year ago

CAMBERLEY

"Honest question. Are clubs still viable in our current economic climate?

I'm told that Kestrels / Ab Fabs bills are the wrong side of £25k a month (yes, you read that right), and will go up like the rest of our bills in October and again in January.

"

As you say - it IS only a rumour - BUT -let`s spread it around regardless.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you think a couple going for a meal and a few drinks with taxi each way spend £150 on a Saturday night with ease a swinger club is a cheap night out and a lot more fun. If we ditch the expensive and nasty steak and few pints we'll save money by clubbing and clubs survive. I think prices will go up- no one's going to get their kit off if the room isn't warm!

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Honest question. Are clubs still viable in our current economic climate?

As you say - it IS only a rumour - BUT -let`s spread it around regardless."

Very much so. Best to leave Adele to the rumours. Also can only presume being told this info on their finances came from the owners/managers?

By *urse234Woman  over a year ago

somewhere in Essex

Why not just support clubs, rather than trying to spread rumours ? Everyone is feeling the pinch!

By *ssexgalWoman  over a year ago

Essex

Positive thinking on all gets results x

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

We were at a club this very afternoon with another couple and were discussing how likely it is that a lot of swingers cubs won't survive over the winter.

The huge price rises of fuel, remember that businesses are NOT price-capped, will hit clubs at least as hard as public houses.

No one would go to a club unless it is warm enough to get your kit off without shivering.

One club we know of has an indoor swimming pool, can they afford to keep heating it ?

Clubs with very large floor areas will be paying massive bills for heating, so they need big crowds to generate heat and cashflow.

Perhaps smaller clubs will come off better due to lower heating costs ?

By *allyQWoman  over a year ago

Forumtown

[Removed by poster at 31/08/22 20:30:17]

By *yphodMan  over a year ago

London

To be honest, it is quite surprising how cheap UK clubs are compared to their European counter parts (especially for single men). However most European clubs tend to be of a higher decorative standard.

The answer is either increase prices, but try and offer better value for money (better decor, more themed events), rent out the venue's for private parties during the week. Or just try and get more people through the door. One thing (again compared to Europe) is swinging tends to attract a more mature crowd so need to get more younger people in.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

We were talking about this today. It's not just the rising operation costs to worry about. I worry that many people simply won't have any disposable income remaining to go to clubs (or for a pint or even a tea and cake) once the recession really hits. Sadly I think most people will be just about managing to put value range bread on the table at best. And I'm talking about middle income earners too here.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Having said the above in any recession the best businesses tend to survive. As people's free money reduces there is always some money out there and those with it tend to find it for the best places.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Thinking back to Covid19 and lockdown how many clubs did we lose of the top of my head 3-4 in the North of England.I know in London we didn’t lose any and Essex actually got a club which it didn’t have before lockdown.

Plenty of people will still find places to play and the money to do it.

It’ll be sad to see some close but maybe some new clubs will be better.

The new Essex club is very nice.

Some of the clubs are getting kind of run down.

"Thinking back to Covid19 and lockdown how many clubs did we lose of the top of my head 3-4 in the North of England.I know in London we didn’t lose any and Essex actually got a club which it didn’t have before lockdown."

Positive vibes

Edmonton

"Thinking back to Covid19 and lockdown how many clubs did we lose of the top of my head 3-4 in the North of England.I know in London we didn’t lose any and Essex actually got a club which it didn’t have before lockdown.

Positive vibes "

. Yes positive vibes but I honestly know we didn’t lose any in London.You could say we didn’t have many to lose in London.Rios reduced its hours and unfortunately prices went up which is understandable.They gave the place a lick of paint and Essex gained a club and I believe a social it could have been a lot worse so let’s appreciate today and what we still have.

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

"Thinking back to Covid19 and lockdown how many clubs did we lose of the top of my head 3-4 in the North of England.I know in London we didn’t lose any and Essex actually got a club which it didn’t have before lockdown."

I only know of 2 clubs in the north that closed due to the pandemic. But have visited two lately and they've been quiet. So maybe some are staying away...

Edmonton

"Thinking back to Covid19 and lockdown how many clubs did we lose of the top of my head 3-4 in the North of England.I know in London we didn’t lose any and Essex actually got a club which it didn’t have before lockdown.

I only know of 2 clubs in the north that closed due to the pandemic. But have visited two lately and they've been quiet. So maybe some are staying away..."

. So if the North of England lost 2 clubs London zero clubs and Essex gained a club I guess we only lost one club so swingers clubs came out of Covid19 and lockdown quite well.Unfortunately there are people that are not attending clubs for various reasons and sadly we have lost people through Covid19 and other reasons.Now with energy bills going up and cost of living clubs have another situation to deal with.

By *Four_uCouple  over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

The simple answer, if you can call it simple, is lays in attendance volume. If any venue over prices without giving something extra then they will obviously struggle. Unfortunately there are likely to be casualties before this is over.

By *asons_CarounnCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

The Townhouse seems to be busier than ever when we attend. I guess if you have a quality product people will want to attend.

By *allyourgirlfriendCouple  over a year ago

Kent

The year is 2023, civilisation has fallen, the earth is now a barren landscape of abandoned sex clubs, and swingers are forced to swap partners in the street…

By *uff the Boner!Man  over a year ago

SWANSEA

Money makes the world go round and if its too expensive with the cost of living increases then clubs will be the last thing people will be thinking about.Sorry to say but people will be trying to keep a roof over their heads.

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

I only know of 2 clubs in the north that closed due to the pandemic. But have visited two lately and they've been quiet. So maybe some are staying away..."

Desperately wracking my brain of the 2 in the north that have closed? Adam & Eves has reopened and Blackpool also has a new swingers hotel that’s going from strength to strength so maybe not the North West?

Come on guys loose the negativity and get behind our clubs and support them hey?

Oh and some North West clubs have some major investments planned so how’s that clubs closing?

If we can’t have fun and escapism from the every day what do we have eh, I for 1 will continue to support clubs as much as I can xx

Nr Blackpool

I only know of 2 clubs in the north that closed due to the pandemic. But have visited two lately and they've been quiet. So maybe some are staying away...

Desperately wracking my brain of the 2 in the north that have closed? Adam & Eves has reopened and Blackpool also has a new swingers hotel that’s going from strength to strength so maybe not the North West?

Come on guys loose the negativity and get behind our clubs and support them hey?

Oh and some North West clubs have some major investments planned so how’s that clubs closing?

If we can’t have fun and escapism from the every day what do we have eh, I for 1 will continue to support clubs as much as I can xx"

You make a good point, of course its worth remembering that the cost of living in the North is considerably less than most parts of the south, which will have a big geo-economic influence.

"The year is 2023, civilisation has fallen, the earth is now a barren landscape of abandoned sex clubs, and swingers are forced to swap partners in the street… "

love this ..........

I've noticed Northwich sauna is getting quieter and quieter everytime I go.before lockdown it was very busy but it seems since they reopened the numbers have not returned and yet this is a good club and is cheap.i worry because it's a big floor space and it must be costing the new owners a fortune to run.would be a shame if they have to double there admission prices or even worse shut.im hoping the bi day they have planned works and think it could be a good idea.

I think clubs should speak to each other 2 clubs that are near maybe join as 1 club spreading the cost I'm sure if their not 50+ miles apart they should be able to combine their regulars in one club that way keeping membership the same but only 1 lot of overheads just an idea

somewhere only i know!

If we can’t have fun and escapism from the every day what do we have eh, I for 1 will continue to support clubs as much as I can xx

You make a good point, of course its worth remembering that the cost of living in the North is considerably less than most parts of the south, which will have a big geo-economic influence."

Hang on a Minuit who said the cost of living up north is cheaper? Let’s not have a north/south divide eh? When you look at relative costs wages, house prices etc we ain’t deprived up here at all and have the same energy costs as anywhere else in the country, just cos I’m posting from an old mill town doesn’t mean I live in a shack with no running water and central heating!xx

Nr Blackpool

You make a good point, of course its worth remembering that the cost of living in the North is considerably less than most parts of the south, which will have a big geo-economic influence.

Hang on a Minuit who said the cost of living up north is cheaper? Let’s not have a north/south divide eh? When you look at relative costs wages, house prices etc we ain’t deprived up here at all and have the same energy costs as anywhere else in the country, just cos I’m posting from an old mill town doesn’t mean I live in a shack with no running water and central heating!xx"

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort, everyday cost are of course the same but housing costs are hugely different.

somewhere only i know!

Hang on a Minuit who said the cost of living up north is cheaper? Let’s not have a north/south divide eh? When you look at relative costs wages, house prices etc we ain’t deprived up here at all and have the same energy costs as anywhere else in the country, just cos I’m posting from an old mill town doesn’t mean I live in a shack with no running water and central heating!xx

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort, everyday cost are of course the same but housing costs are hugely different. "

Seriously you should look at housing prices in the ‘so called deprived’ of the north of England you’ll be shocked at what you can’t get for you’re hard earned cash!xx

Nr Blackpool

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort, everyday cost are of course the same but housing costs are hugely different.

Seriously you should look at housing prices in the ‘so called deprived’ of the north of England you’ll be shocked at what you can’t get for you’re hard earned cash!xx"

I've never called the north deprived in any way shape or form, I'm not quite why you think I did. FYI, we are seriously considering moving to the North West from the South Coast and part of our considerations are based on house prices, our house is currently valued at £280k and a similar house in the town we are looking at are around £85k - £110k, which I'm sure you will agree is a quite considerable difference.

Shipley

If we can’t have fun and escapism from the every day what do we have eh, I for 1 will continue to support clubs as much as I can xx"

The two I know of was asylum and la chambre

By *ittle MonkeysCouple  over a year ago

Kimberley

Agreed.

Going for nasty steak tomorrow and club next week

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

A club to me is a cheap night out. Buffet and bring your own alcohol. Obv some clubs have a licence so would be more expensive.

Shipley

"A club to me is a cheap night out. Buffet and bring your own alcohol. Obv some clubs have a licence so would be more expensive. "
well yes it's a cheap night for women!

By *ink and inkedCouple  over a year ago

Essex

It is an expensive night out for us now hence why we can only go every now and then

We are at Pleasures for Halloween as it’s the best value. Take your own alcohol and pay for mixers. Entry cost is fair at £40 and Prem inn £100

I guess all in all will be a £200 nighter

We would love to get there more often but just not possible

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"The Townhouse seems to be busier than ever when we attend. I guess if you have a quality product people will want to attend.

"

Townhouse: 'Tis a nice place.

Edmonton

"It is an expensive night out for us now hence why we can only go every now and then

We are at Pleasures for Halloween as it’s the best value. Take your own alcohol and pay for mixers. Entry cost is fair at £40 and Prem inn £100

We would love to get there more often but just not possible "

. Not sure if you are aware but there is a fairly new club open in Essex Monkey Business.Depending on what part of Essex you are in it may perhaps be easier to attend there and drive home after there by saving on the hotel.Off course if it’s too close to home and your not comfortable with that then I apologise.

By *ink and inkedCouple  over a year ago

Essex

"It is an expensive night out for us now hence why we can only go every now and then

We would love to get there more often but just not possible . Not sure if you are aware but there is a fairly new club open in Essex Monkey Business.Depending on what part of Essex you are in it may perhaps be easier to attend there and drive home after there by saving on the hotel.Off course if it’s too close to home and your not comfortable with that then I apologise."

We have been to Monkey Business and it is a really nice club but part of going to Pleasures is to see all our old friends from Eureka that now go there instead

Plus we love the dance floor lol

Edmonton

We would love to get there more often but just not possible . Not sure if you are aware but there is a fairly new club open in Essex Monkey Business.Depending on what part of Essex you are in it may perhaps be easier to attend there and drive home after there by saving on the hotel.Off course if it’s too close to home and your not comfortable with that then I apologise.

We have been to Monkey Business and it is a really nice club but part of going to Pleasures is to see all our old friends from Eureka that now go there instead

Plus we love the dance floor lol "

. Fair enough you will do what is best for you.£40 entrance fee for a couple seem fair to me.It’s just the cost of the hotel that is perhaps hurting you financially but at least you have a good time and enjoy the dance floor

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Should clubs diversify and provide overnight/daytime accommodation outside where possible?

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

We would love to get there more often but just not possible . Not sure if you are aware but there is a fairly new club open in Essex Monkey Business.Depending on what part of Essex you are in it may perhaps be easier to attend there and drive home after there by saving on the hotel.Off course if it’s too close to home and your not comfortable with that then I apologise.

Plus we love the dance floor lol . Fair enough you will do what is best for you.£40 entrance fee for a couple seem fair to me.It’s just the cost of the hotel that is perhaps hurting you financially but at least you have a good time and enjoy the dance floor "

The hotel is the sting … seems Prem inn are well aware that they are the only hotel near Pleasures and push their prices right up !

» Add a new message to this topic