FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Eureka NYE

Eureka NYE

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anielFab OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Ain’t been for years and thinking of going,does anyone know if it’s going to be busy on NYE

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illyvMan  over a year ago

bexleyheath

Thinking of going only know of one person so far whos gonna be there

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Things are ramping up apace!

I'm sure we will see good reports tomorrow.

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"Thinking of going only know of one person so far whos gonna be there "

Wow used to be 200+ on a NYE a few years back and fab would be flooded with status updates about going

How times have changed

By *rthur WrightusMan  over a year ago

Round the Bend

"Thinking of going only know of one person so far whos gonna be there

Wow used to be 200+ on a NYE a few years back and fab would be flooded with status updates about going

How times have changed "

Yep certainly have. Had some of the best New Year Eves there, . , shaking my foot in and out

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Was just wondering about Eurake NYE party this morning.

Hope it went well for those that attended.

Bexley

Will find out shortly.I'm going up there this afternoon for a soak. F

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Will find out shortly.I'm going up there this afternoon for a soak. F

"

I was working so unable to go anywhere unfortunately

By *x2 4 funCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Any reports on numbers or did no one go

Essex

25 people I was told from someone that was there

Southampton

That is so sad to think what it use to be like

By *peak and SpellCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

Wow.. Yes, that is really sad. Such a shame

By *Four_uCouple  over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

"25 people I was told from someone that was there "

If that is true then it's both shocking and sad, I remember when eureka was so busy on nye that you could hardly move in the club house

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Hythe

It’s just had its day. They’ll probably have their planning permission approved soon and that will be the end of that. I think a lot of people ran out of sympathy for them a while back.

By *iles49Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

Yes it's sad. It is such a charming and historic venue. But nothing lasts for ever...

By *ark choc333Man  over a year ago

around

Penthouse was packed

By *ngel and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Dover

Only 25 people, wow.

It use to be the place to be on NYE, so much so that you had to buy a ticket way in advance or you couldn't get it.

Such fantastic parties, wonderful people and it had a great reputation.

Hythe

"Only 25 people, wow.

It use to be the place to be on NYE, so much so that you had to buy a ticket way in advance or you couldn't get it.

Such fantastic parties, wonderful people and it had a great reputation. "

Now that planning permission has been granted it will probably just close down

By *hellebelleWoman  over a year ago

ashford

"Only 25 people, wow.

Now that planning permission has been granted it will probably just close down "

So it’s finally been granted.. it was pending for months and months.

Hythe

"Only 25 people, wow.

Now that planning permission has been granted it will probably just close down

So it’s finally been granted.. it was pending for months and months. "

They had to have tree surveys etc but finally it’s been granted

Bexley

Maybe time for a new thread, the way the topic is unfolding. People won't be looking for the emerging news under New Year's Eve!

By *uthenticDreamsMan  over a year ago

manchester

I went there end of last year the place needs a revamp 2 play rooms Looks run down

Huge dance floor with seating on the edge with banging music , you can’t talk to people in that environment, there was people there but I dint understand how it works as a club with two play room at the back , Very disappointing

By *Four_uCouple  over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

"I went there end of last year the place needs a revamp 2 play rooms Looks run down

Huge dance floor with seating on the edge with banging music , you can’t talk to people in that environment, there was people there but I dint understand how it works as a club with two play room at the back , Very disappointing "

What you need to understand about eureka is that it's never really been a swingers club, its was naturist club that evolved into an adult oriented nightclub and that is where it reached its peak and should have stayed. Unfortunately the last two sets of owners tried to promote it as a swingers club and they failed, for that to have happened the venue needed a full revamp and serious investment. You can't expect to charge top money without giving your customers a highly rated experience and in turn value for the money they are spending. On top of the high entry prices post covid, which of course they were told were wrong and later tried to back pedal without success, they introduced a mandatory paid bar which pushed the cost of a night out there beyond the limit. The equation was all wrong and they took there clientele for fools which was a huge mistake, especially when they had local competition in the form of 4/5 other venues either close by or within in 90 mins by car. Lots of the eureka faithful have moved over to pleasures which whilst not being perfect certainly offers value for money and a fun night out. The lesson to be learnt here is think before you take your customers for fools, because we aren't and the interweb offers communication.

Personally I think it's a crying shame that this has happened and I will always remember the many many long weeks I spent at Eureka. As the man who knew what he was doing said " thanks for your money, now fuck off!" Of course he never actually meant it and that was the secret to its success.

Essex

"I went there end of last year the place needs a revamp 2 play rooms Looks run down

Huge dance floor with seating on the edge with banging music , you can’t talk to people in that environment, there was people there but I dint understand how it works as a club with two play room at the back , Very disappointing

What you need to understand about eureka is that it's never really been a swingers club, its was naturist club that evolved into an adult oriented nightclub and that is where it reached its peak and should have stayed. Unfortunately the last two sets of owners tried to promote it as a swingers club and they failed, for that to have happened the venue needed a full revamp and serious investment. You can't expect to charge top money without giving your customers a highly rated experience and in turn value for the money they are spending. On top of the high entry prices post covid, which of course they were told were wrong and later tried to back pedal without success, they introduced a mandatory paid bar which pushed the cost of a night out there beyond the limit. The equation was all wrong and they took there clientele for fools which was a huge mistake, especially when they had local competition in the form of 4/5 other venues either close by or within in 90 mins by car. Lots of the eureka faithful have moved over to pleasures which whilst not being perfect certainly offers value for money and a fun night out. The lesson to be learnt here is think before you take your customers for fools, because we aren't and the interweb offers communication.

Personally I think it's a crying shame that this has happened and I will always remember the many many long weeks I spent at Eureka. As the man who knew what he was doing said " thanks for your money, now fuck off!" Of course he never actually meant it and that was the secret to its success.

"

Absolutely spot on !

Those of us that were die hard Eureka’s have wonderful memories of such great party nights

Sad to see it go forever but was sadder to see it’s decline

Southampton

The end is nigh

Hythe

"Maybe time for a new thread, the way the topic is unfolding. People won't be looking for the emerging news under New Year's Eve!"

Well 4 people have posted since your comment and you clicked on it so maybe they will!

Bexley

"Maybe time for a new thread, the way the topic is unfolding. People won't be looking for the emerging news under New Year's Eve!

Well 4 people have posted since your comment and you clicked on it so maybe they will!"

...and more have posted on the new thread which I wasn't aware of when I posted the suggestion of a new thread!

Two active threads on Eureka now. There's nothing like publicity!

» Add a new message to this topic