FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Eureka - what a disappointment

Eureka - what a disappointment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyfuckery999 OP   Couple 47 weeks ago

Yarmouth

So we made the almost 4 hour drive down to eureka this week, booked a “cabin” for 2 nights and was looking forward to enjoying the grounds and the facilities, when we arrived we had a idea it wasn’t going to be great, and it got worse from there, from the initial welcome saying if we wanted to stay past 11 on the last day we would have to pay the full price for another day, it just got worse and worse,

very very run down and Dilapidated venue, nothing looked clean or as if it had any maintenance what so ever, the accommodation wasn’t a cabin but a very sparse shed with a bed. And I use the term bed loosely most uncomfortable nights sleep ever, the coffee provided was out of date and didn’t even get a spoon to stir it with,and don’t even mention the rule about no food or drink to be brought into site,but can purchase over priced drinks from the bar,the pool wasn’t heated and filthy, the “spa” was a disaster showers were rubbish and the steam room out of action, half the jets in the hot tub not working

We were the only people there other than one person we spoke to, a regular by all accounts with not a good word to say about the place

We stayed one night and had booked the breakfast, but having seen the state of the people cooking it we suddenly wasn’t hungry, this didn’t go down well with staff and when we made our complaints known to one of the managers he started to get angry,rude and dismissive that no one had complained before, no apology or offer to refund us, didn’t ask if there was anything they could do, was like once they had our money we they didn’t give a shit

Would highly recommend everyone to avoid this venue, shame as the back lawns area is lovely, that’s the only highlight never will we go back there

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ruxruMan 47 weeks ago

sheffield

I've been there in summer 2020 for day visit... grass was green but "pool" was actually just a "water reservoir", rude staff (well after entrance fees were sorted out lol).

By *inkyfuckery999 OP   Couple 47 weeks ago

Yarmouth

Exactly! Once they have your money they don’t care, oh forgot to mention, we went out for dinner and was asked if “we was going to use the facilities” later in the evening, er yeah we’ve fucking paid for it

By *leasureseekers123Couple 46 weeks ago

Hythe

"Exactly! Once they have your money they don’t care, oh forgot to mention, we went out for dinner and was asked if “we was going to use the facilities” later in the evening, er yeah we’ve fucking paid for it "

Sorry you had such a bad experience and such a shame that you received such a negative response from the staff. Such a waste of what good be a great place.

By *inkyfuckery999 OP   Couple 46 weeks ago

Yarmouth

Exactly, even tried to blame covid. If anywhere could survive covid it’s there, the grounds are huge !

By *oxycouple28Couple 46 weeks ago

bexley

We went for a night out years ago and walked out after 30 minutes. Sounds like nothing has changed!

By *atonMan 46 weeks ago

barnet

There had a rotten culture of rude obnoxious staff for years initially cultivated by the horrible little Welsh geezer and that's carried on. Wheel tappers and shunters vibe and decor . Terribly run

By *partharmonyCouple 46 weeks ago

Ruislip

We had a couple of good visits there but our last one was bad and we won't go again as a result. One time we went the pool wasn't heated. For our next trip the following summer I specifically rang the wek before we went to ask if the pool was heated. They said yes. When we arrived we asked again and they said yes, so we paid our membership fees for the year. When we got to the pool it was freezing. We were told later by another visitor that the heating had broken, so the staff simply lied.

When we went for a jacuzzi a guy came and sat down right next to Hannah when it was empty except for the three of us. Hannah got up and moved, which he clearly took offence to. We later went for a steam while that same guy wanked as he looked at us.

Eureka could be great but we won't be back again.

Yarmouth

Seems like we’re not the only ones with a negative experience, shame really as could be really nice,

By *wfunCouple 46 weeks ago

West Kent

We lasted an hour a few years back - went home and had a very large gin.

Never, ever again!

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

That sounds a lot like the Eureka many have experienced in recent years.

Such a shame, as it's a really lovely site

Yarmouth

Maybe the owners will read this and make some changes…… this post isn’t aimed at the hosted nights by the way as I’m sure it could be a fun club if ran properly

"Maybe the owners will read this and make some changes…… this post isn’t aimed at the hosted nights by the way as I’m sure it could be a fun club if ran properly "

There's a bigger chance of me winning the Lottery on Saturday - and I don't play it.

Seriously, just do a forum search on the subject of Eurekas and see how much notice of user complaints they've taken in the past.

The attitude you saw on your visit is exactly the attitude they take to all their customers. They don't give a s**t

By *ed and WolfieCouple 46 weeks ago

Gravesend

The hosted club nights are trying to get the place busy again, but i hear that numbers going are no where near the party nights that we used to attend and enjoy.

The problem is the management really don't seem to know about customer service, and / or have the money to improve it and / or really care as they know that it has a short future because of the planning permission.

Agree on the 'cabins', they are relatively spartan, and the no food or drink rule is divisive. In my view you should be able to take consumables for the cabins, or even for the grounds.

It could be great, but I'm not sure it ever will be again.

Yarmouth

"Maybe the owners will read this and make some changes…… this post isn’t aimed at the hosted nights by the way as I’m sure it could be a fun club if ran properly

There's a bigger chance of me winning the Lottery on Saturday - and I don't play it.

Seriously, just do a forum search on the subject of Eurekas and see how much notice of user complaints they've taken in the past.

The attitude you saw on your visit is exactly the attitude they take to all their customers. They don't give a s**t"

We always make our own opinions and thought would give it a try, expensive mistake to make for us unfortunately, the manager certainly didn’t take criticism very well at all ! Oh and mrs dropped the key back to hear them all slagging us off lmao

By *g1979Man 46 weeks ago

bexley

The last time we stayed in a cabin we got quite a rude phone call from the female owner giving us a warning as they had found a water bottle in our cabin that we hadn't bought on site.

She also said that we had ruined the hot tub that came with the cabin as we there was fake tan all in it.

I pointed out my partner is mixed race so doesn't have much use for fake tan.

We haven't been back since.

By *eastyJMan 46 weeks ago

Camberley

My partner and I nearly booked a stay for our anniversary next weekend. I was put off when I called to ask a few questions and the runner didn't even know what his events were for that weekend, and he was so desperate to get our money that he said "I can take your payment now" more than once. I said I would call back, but I went with my gut and looked elsewhere.

I spoke to a friend who runs a few kink nights and they had very little good things to say about the place and recommended VA instead, so we're going there.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman 46 weeks ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I thought they ceasing trading?

By *eastyJMan 46 weeks ago

Camberley

"I thought they ceasing trading?"

With the way they seemingly do business, it feels like it's overdue.

By *ZZaMan 46 weeks ago

Belfast

I went traveled there today. It was shut. Very disappointed

By *exy and HotCouple 46 weeks ago

New Mills

"I went traveled there today. It was shut. Very disappointed"

Shut for the day?

By *attyloveCouple 46 weeks ago

london

Was the gate shut at the entrance or the whole "clubhouse"?

By *uffnmuffCouple 46 weeks ago

London

"Exactly! Once they have your money they don’t care, oh forgot to mention, we went out for dinner and was asked if “we was going to use the facilities” later in the evening, er yeah we’ve fucking paid for it "
try pleasures you have a great time x

Yarmouth

Will look it up, we don’t mind travelling for clubs thanks

"Exactly! Once they have your money they don’t care, oh forgot to mention, we went out for dinner and was asked if “we was going to use the facilities” later in the evening, er yeah we’ve fucking paid for it try pleasures you have a great time x"

By *g1979Man 46 weeks ago

bexley

"Will look it up, we don’t mind travelling for clubs thanks

Exactly! Once they have your money they don’t care, oh forgot to mention, we went out for dinner and was asked if “we was going to use the facilities” later in the evening, er yeah we’ve fucking paid for it try pleasures you have a great time x"

Totally agree about pleasures. Much better atmosphere.

We normally make a weekend of it and do silverleigh on a Friday and pleasures on a saturday

By *carlettxWoman 46 weeks ago

Essex

"Exactly! Once they have your money they don’t care, oh forgot to mention, we went out for dinner and was asked if “we was going to use the facilities” later in the evening, er yeah we’ve fucking paid for it try pleasures you have a great time x"

I second that ! Love Pleasures , fab place and the very best people

By *ZZaMan 46 weeks ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 08/06/23 20:47:59]

By *ZZaMan 46 weeks ago

Belfast

"Was the gate shut at the entrance or the whole "clubhouse"?"

Gate shut at the front. I walked up and it was a ghost town

Yarmouth

May have to give it look sometime !

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 46 weeks ago

Watford

As a previous regular at Eureka, I had been a little encouraged by some recent forum posts saying that new people had taken over, realised their mistakes, and were making amends, and had made improvements. I had said that in that case, I might give them another try.

It seems like that isn't the case from reading this, and now I'm definitely not going to bother.

The place was reasonable when it way 'Bring your own booze', and party nights were buzzing, but on my last visit last summer, it was £3 for a 440ml can of lager and food was highly overpriced and of basic quality.

The thing about them searching your cabin bins for 'contraband' food and drink is just pathetic. If I'm booking their spartan accommodation, nobody's going to tell me what I can and cannot take into my room.

And the attitude of the staff is another point. They have always been surly and generally unpleasant in my experience. Rarely did I ever see a smile from the staff, and the checking-in experience at the little hatch always seemed like some sort of interrogation as they 'checked your papers' and scrutinised your ID. No "Thank you for visiting" or "Have you had a good journey". No, just grab the cash and throw a cabin key at the punters, and tell them all the things you're not allowed to do!

The place has had its day. The stopping of the BYOB and petty rules and Easyjet style 'charge for everything extra' is, what I feel, killed it off finally.

The only thing going for it, like others have said is the grounds.

I think they'd get more cabin stays and more visitors overall if they scrapped the paid bar. It would encourage people to visit and stay overnight, and what they aren't making on overpriced drinks would be compensated by more entry fees and more cabin hires as more visitors returned. I think that's a no-brainer, but no doubt somebody on here will tell me that I don't know anything about running a club, which is true of course, but I remember how it was before the change took place and we were frequent visitors. Surely an almost empty place where they sell a few drinks isn't going to be viable. They must know that their visitor numbers plummeted after the BYOB was stopped and maybe they should experiment by bringing it back and seeing if the overall income goes up, which, I think, it would! Oh, and to smile a bit and treat your customers like you value them!

It seems now that, as somebody said earlier, it's a ghost town. I won't be bothering this year.

By *rivatepitMan 46 weeks ago

Battle

It seems like the trend for banning BYOB is taking off!

I went to a Harvester the other day, and their food was really basic, and they got the right hump when they found my stash of cans

By *oupleJBCouple 46 weeks ago

Chislehurst

Did you pay to get into the Harvester. Whenever we stay in a hotel we often take our own snacks and drinks for the room.

By *yphodMan 46 weeks ago

London

I gave them a go a few weeks ago. Some improvements have been made. A new locker room with new lockers (a bit small mind). So the spa area is less crowded.

Showers are now warm again (but only last 5 seconds).

However no steam room.

The grounds have been well maintained, bit the pool is not heated.

It was quite busy on the Sunday as there was an event on, and the couple's outnumbered the singles, but they kept to the bottom field (they did have some sneaky bottles of wine).

However in future I'll go back to Silver Leigh.

Yarmouth

We 100% agree with everything you said

We wasn’t even made aware you couldn’t take your own drinks/snacks before booking first we heard of it was when it was plastered all over doos and donts on the notice in the cabin if I’d found out they had searched the cabin for food/drinks I doubt it would have been a pleasant ending

The place is dump will never return

"As a previous regular at Eureka, I had been a little encouraged by some recent forum posts saying that new people had taken over, realised their mistakes, and were making amends, and had made improvements. I had said that in that case, I might give them another try.

It seems like that isn't the case from reading this, and now I'm definitely not going to bother.

The place was reasonable when it way 'Bring your own booze', and party nights were buzzing, but on my last visit last summer, it was £3 for a 440ml can of lager and food was highly overpriced and of basic quality.

The thing about them searching your cabin bins for 'contraband' food and drink is just pathetic. If I'm booking their spartan accommodation, nobody's going to tell me what I can and cannot take into my room.

And the attitude of the staff is another point. They have always been surly and generally unpleasant in my experience. Rarely did I ever see a smile from the staff, and the checking-in experience at the little hatch always seemed like some sort of interrogation as they 'checked your papers' and scrutinised your ID. No "Thank you for visiting" or "Have you had a good journey". No, just grab the cash and throw a cabin key at the punters, and tell them all the things you're not allowed to do!

The place has had its day. The stopping of the BYOB and petty rules and Easyjet style 'charge for everything extra' is, what I feel, killed it off finally.

I think they'd get more cabin stays and more visitors overall if they scrapped the paid bar. It would encourage people to visit and stay overnight, and what they aren't making on overpriced drinks would be compensated by more entry fees and more cabin hires as more visitors returned. I think that's a no-brainer, but no doubt somebody on here will tell me that I don't know anything about running a club, which is true of course, but I remember how it was before the change took place and we were frequent visitors. Surely an almost empty place where they sell a few drinks isn't going to be viable. They must know that their visitor numbers plummeted after the BYOB was stopped and maybe they should experiment by bringing it back and seeing if the overall income goes up, which, I think, it would! Oh, and to smile a bit and treat your customers like you value them!

It seems now that, as somebody said earlier, it's a ghost town. I won't be bothering this year.

"

By *nfiniteAdventuresCouple 46 weeks ago

Maidstone

Exactly! Once they have your money they don’t care, oh forgot to mention, we went out for dinner and was asked if “we was going to use the facilities” later in the evening, er yeah we’ve fucking paid for it try pleasures you have a great time x"

Yeah definitely try pleasures. On first glance it seems a bit run down but the staff are lovely and so is everyone that visits. As the pool, it has been clean and warm every time.

By *ools and the brainCouple 46 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

OP have you left a review in the club's section?

Essex

"OP have you left a review in the club's section?"

Eureka took themselves off of fab I think last year after a tirade of bad reviews

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 46 weeks ago

Watford

"Did you pay to get into the Harvester. Whenever we stay in a hotel we often take our own snacks and drinks for the room. "

Exactly this! What you do in your own paid for accommodation is up to you. You can't conflate that with a visit to a Harvester or a pub.

Also, nobody searches your bags in a pub to make sure you aren't bringing in an illicit bag of crisps or a can of lager!

Essex

"Did you pay to get into the Harvester. Whenever we stay in a hotel we often take our own snacks and drinks for the room.

Exactly this! What you do in your own paid for accommodation is up to you. You can't conflate that with a visit to a Harvester or a pub.

Also, nobody searches your bags in a pub to make sure you aren't bringing in an illicit bag of crisps or a can of lager!"

100%

When I’m at the Prem inn before Pleasures drinks are flowing lol and then again at Pleasures cos it’s BYOB !!

By *ogerBottomsMan 46 weeks ago

Aberdare

"We were the only people there other than one person we spoke to, a regular by all accounts with not a good word to say about the place"

I love it. Someone who keeps going somewhere they can't stand. Very British.

By *ovebirdsupnorthCouple 46 weeks ago

kent

Not every club can do the same it’s not always their rules it maybe required for there license

By *alredMan 46 weeks ago

Sittingbourne

"Not every club can do the same it’s not always their rules it maybe required for there license"

Simple answer to that is for the club to stop selling alcohol, then they don't need a licence.

By *leasureseekers123Couple 46 weeks ago

Hythe

"Not every club can do the same it’s not always their rules it maybe required for there license"

This was discussed about 2 years ago. It’s not a condition of their licence it’s their choice.

By *rivatepitMan 46 weeks ago

Battle

"Did you pay to get into the Harvester. Whenever we stay in a hotel we often take our own snacks and drinks for the room. "

Am I missing something?

I don't see night clubs encouraging BYOB. They make money from selling drink to their customers. That money pays for the staff, club, and a profit... hopefully. They charge admission and hope to make money, they are businesses, it's what they do. For any old school ravers, maybe you remember water bottles being confiscated at the entrance to raves. Somewhere water was definitely needed!

Even hotels don't like you taking your food into their restaurants, they get the right hump. Once again, they need to make a profit to pay wages, dividends, and maintain their premises.

I'm sure some people with special needs do take food and drink to hotels, but then why bother paying for a hotel when you could sleep in your own house with none of the hassles? Hint. If the answer is you want the benefits and services offered by an establishment, you need to pay for them. Some of that is charged as entrance, accomodation etc, and some is charged on top of the cost of food and drinks.

Capitalism means you decide where your money goes, and suppliers compete for their share. If you don't want to pay them, save your money. Show them who's boss, and deny them your custom.

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

"Did you pay to get into the Harvester. Whenever we stay in a hotel we often take our own snacks and drinks for the room.

Am I missing something?

I don't see night clubs encouraging BYOB. They make money from selling drink to their customers. That money pays for the staff, club, and a profit... hopefully. They charge admission and hope to make money, they are businesses, it's what they do. For any old school ravers, maybe you remember water bottles being confiscated at the entrance to raves. Somewhere water was definitely needed!

Even hotels don't like you taking your food into their restaurants, they get the right hump. Once again, they need to make a profit to pay wages, dividends, and maintain their premises.

I'm sure some people with special needs do take food and drink to hotels, but then why bother paying for a hotel when you could sleep in your own house with none of the hassles? Hint. If the answer is you want the benefits and services offered by an establishment, you need to pay for them. Some of that is charged as entrance, accomodation etc, and some is charged on top of the cost of food and drinks.

Capitalism means you decide where your money goes, and suppliers compete for their share. If you don't want to pay them, save your money. Show them who's boss, and deny them your custom. "

Can you please stop being so positive about Eureka’s Private Pitt?

Can’t you see that some people are determined to see the place close for their own personal victory?

See ya there later!

By *inkyfuckery999 OP   Couple 45 weeks ago

Yarmouth

Don’t mind spending money at places but some information before travelling down would be nice, can’t say you’ve never taken a bottle back to a hotel you’ve stayed at are you ?

We were more than happy to eat/have dinner and breakfast there however upon seeing the people potentially cooking who didn’t even have the capability to “poach” a egg and also the general cleanliness of the place thought we’d swerve it, also £10 for 2 drinks in a small plastic cup is taking the piss a little

We only intended on taking some snacks to enjoy in the room and when sunbathing on the field not cooking a full on meal

And yes I do hope the place closes. The fact the management hasn’t responded to any of email since proves a point how much they care

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 45 weeks ago

Watford

Am I missing something?

Capitalism means you decide where your money goes, and suppliers compete for their share. If you don't want to pay them, save your money. Show them who's boss, and deny them your custom. "

You're missing the point.

Eureka was successful before it brought in the compulsory paid bar.

Now they struggle to get customers at all, but don't seem to see the link.

They've alienated the regulars who made them successful.

Searching bags and cabin bins to see if you've brought food or drink in is a disgrace.

I still think that if they went back to BYOB, they'd make more money due to more people going and paying entrance fees & more cabin bookings.

Their dwindling customer base is down to poor management.

By *x2 4 funCouple 45 weeks ago

Southampton

As far as I’m aware there are only 3 clubs in Kent all charge to get in only one charges for drink do the maths it’s cheaper to go elsewhere

By *leasureseekers123Couple 45 weeks ago

Hythe

Am I missing something?

Capitalism means you decide where your money goes, and suppliers compete for their share. If you don't want to pay them, save your money. Show them who's boss, and deny them your custom.

Can’t you see that some people are determined to see the place close for their own personal victory?

See ya there later! "

Why aren’t people allowed to have anything other than a positive opinion? Just because it’s the naturist and swinging scene does it mean that we all have to say that everything’s great?

Eureka was a fantastic place and now it’s run down and they’ve alienated most of their customers with their attitude and pricing- in the middle of a cost of living crisis.

Their new business model obviously doesn’t work- attendance figures show that. It’s blind positivity and stubbornness that is running a much loved place into the ground.

It’s nothing to do with hoping the place closes down it’s people screaming from the rooftops that something needs to change there and please listen to your customers!

By *entle_lover_xMan 45 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

Am I missing something?

DV8 not too far away is BYOB and they have outdoor space, woods etc. Hotels would rather you bought everything onsite but they happy for you to bring a bottle of water, takeaway food etc into your room. Perhaps if they were nicer about it and a little flexible people wouldn't mind as much.

By *ools and the brainCouple 45 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Well we won't be returning there anytime soon.

Our last visit was pre pandemic and it was run down then.

It used to remind us of if the carry on film's made a "carry on swinging"

Now it sounds like if Fawlty Towers made a swinging version with bad management and over the top rules.

By *ovebirdsupnorthCouple 45 weeks ago

kent

Lots of changes been done

kent

Am I missing something?

See ya there later!

Why aren’t people allowed to have anything other than a positive opinion? Just because it’s the naturist and swinging scene does it mean that we all have to say that everything’s great?

Eureka was a fantastic place and now it’s run down and they’ve alienated most of their customers with their attitude and pricing- in the middle of a cost of living crisis.

Their new business model obviously doesn’t work- attendance figures show that. It’s blind positivity and stubbornness that is running a much loved place into the ground.

It’s nothing to do with hoping the place closes down it’s people screaming from the rooftops that something needs to change there and please listen to your customers!"

slowly surly things are changing for the better

[Removed by poster at 11/06/23 11:42:59]

By *oupleJBCouple 45 weeks ago

Chislehurst

That’s the point. Wouldn’t expect to sit in the club house eating our own stuff, however the field is a different matter.

Why would we pay for bottles of water to drink in a field we have paid to sit in.

Chislehurst

Can you elaborate….

Just had a lovely afternoon there.

Place was really busy with lots of happy and positive people.

Bit of a rain shower which soon cleared but that’s almost certainly the fault of the management.

By *hehavenduoCouple 45 weeks ago

Near Brighton

We spent a very good afternoon there on Thursday..6 or 7 hours to be precise. Was a hot hot day in more ways than one. We read good things about the outside areas so skived the day off work and decided to just go for it. My misses had a wonderful time in one of the play rooms and even better time in the bottom field..Will definitely be returning in the near future!!!

"We spent a very good afternoon there on Thursday..6 or 7 hours to be precise. Was a hot hot day in more ways than one. We read good things about the outside areas so skived the day off work and decided to just go for it. My misses had a wonderful time in one of the play rooms and even better time in the bottom field..Will definitely be returning in the near future!!!"

Love the pics!

By *addyjonMan 45 weeks ago

grays

The system that if I was management would be daytime visits ok to bring your own food and drink (picnic) for all outside but not inside where the rule to buy would operate.

Night time during events then a buy on site rule would apply. You can only increase profit by increasing footfall. Pricing also dictate if people are willing to pay for overpriced drink.

It's easy to loose customers but much harder to attract old and new.

I am a member and only attend a few times a year, it suits me but attention should be made to people's comments.

By *he Bi Fun ClubCouple 45 weeks ago

Kings Cross

"The system that if I was management would be daytime visits ok to bring your own food and drink (picnic) for all outside but not inside where the rule to buy would operate.

Night time during events then a buy on site rule would apply. You can only increase profit by increasing footfall. Pricing also dictate if people are willing to pay for overpriced drink.

It's easy to loose customers but much harder to attract old and new.

I am a member and only attend a few times a year, it suits me but attention should be made to people's comments."

The right approach has to be a compromise and this proposal seems like a good one.

By *wingin CatMan 45 weeks ago

London

This really is NOT the same Eureka I first started going to in the 90s, when Mark, the founder, still owned it. It was, and always has been, a "nudist" club. However, on my last visit a few years ago, just before lockdown, I couldn't even walk around the club naked without a few people commenting on "how brave/weird I was going around completely naked". That sort of thing was expected at the time I was a regular (clothes optional, of course). Most things do change for the better over the course of time, but this has changed over time, and NOT for the better. A lot of other clubs I know haven't changed their ways or policies in the same way Eureka has over the years, with far better results.

By *orobinCouple 45 weeks ago

preston

First visit to Eureka last Saturday - almost everyone naked, soaking up the sun, pool cold but ok on the hottest day of the year. People friendly. Maybe it’s not what it was, maybe a bit shabby, but everyone seemed very happy. We even managed a bit of public slap and tickle in one of the shadier spots in the lower meadow. What’s not to like?

By *exy and HotCouple 45 weeks ago

New Mills

[Removed by poster at 13/06/23 11:23:57]

By *exy and HotCouple 45 weeks ago

New Mills

"There had a rotten culture of rude obnoxious staff for years initially cultivated by the horrible little Welsh geezer and that's carried on. Wheel tappers and shunters vibe and decor . Terribly run "

Customer service is at the heart of any business, without it you won’t last.

Most clubs seem to understand this, but not all unfortunately.

By *g1979Man 45 weeks ago

bexley

Are they still allowing male friends of the owners in on couples only nights?

By *oyeur for youMan 45 weeks ago

Canterbury

I didn't know thay done couples only night. Must be a new thing

As far as I know they don’t do couples nights, single men are invited

One of the few clubs that single guys are always welcome.

bexley

"One of the few clubs that single guys are always welcome. "

We went to an event there about 2 years ago and it was advertised as couples only.

By *hellebelleWoman 45 weeks ago

ashford

"One of the few clubs that single guys are always welcome.

We went to an event there about 2 years ago and it was advertised as couples only.

"

They used to have couple and single women only nights held by hosts Sally and Steve … pre Covid…. No idea if these are still being held.

By *SocialsCouple 45 weeks ago

Stanford-le-Hope

Before we start, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and this is exactly what these forums are for, we are not here to defend Eurekas because ultimately we all need to make our own minds up.

We can only say what we have seen over recent weeks, we are hosting one of our parties there next weekend which has meant we have visited the venue at various times for business and pleasure. We have, on each occasion found the place spotless and the staff friendly. The improvements being made are looking good and there are further improvements in the pipeline.

What we would say is give it a try and see what YOU think, it won't suit everyone, no club does. Why not come along and form your own opinon of the place whether that be good or bad x

kent

Totally agree we host there too once a month the improvements are slowly being made all for the good. Rather than follow everyone opinions why not try it your self’s you maybe presently surprised

Lots of new things happening there so changes only for the better.

By *allDaddyMan 45 weeks ago

Essex

"try pleasures you have a great time x"

I second this. Always lovely people. Could also do with a refurb in some of the play areas but dance floor and bar nice as are the staff x

By *ools and the brainCouple 45 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"Totally agree we host there too once a month the improvements are slowly being made all for the good. Rather than follow everyone opinions why not try it your self’s you maybe presently surprised

Lots of new things happening there so changes only for the better. "

No thanks we'd rather wait to see if customers opinions are listened to.

Until then we'll take the word of the majority rather than waste money attending then complain about it afterwards.

If they are going to change everything,then change it not a little bit at a time.

Also if someone went through my bags checking my stuff then they would be getting told where to go.

I will be there for the Essex social, am looking forward to it

"I will be there for the Essex social, am looking forward to it "

Me too babes look forward to seeing you there! xx

By *ed and WolfieCouple 45 weeks ago

Gravesend

Clearly people are all entitled to their opinions. The frustration is really around those who have agendas.

You can boil it down to

Strengths

The grounds

Enthusiasm of the party hosts

Weaknesses

Quality of the accommodation

Staff attitudes

Lack of transparency about what is going on

Poor management sticking their heads in the sand

Lack of investment

Poor reputation under current management

Opportunities

Huge opportunity to develop the business and reinvent itself, but needs money and time, neither of which it has

Scope for large events to be held

Marketing is Poor, it does nothing to address the perceived and widely talked about poor reputation.

Threats

Site redevelopment

Dilapidations extending because of Lack of capital to invest

Better alternatives locally

Macro economic pressure

Some of the people / hosts involved over promising updates and improvements leading to dissapointment.

Have we been? Yes many times. Would we go again? Possibly but we wouldn't rush.

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 45 weeks ago

Watford

"Totally agree we host there too once a month the improvements are slowly being made all for the good. Rather than follow everyone opinions why not try it your self’s you maybe presently surprised

Lots of new things happening there so changes only for the better. "

You keep saying that improvements are being made "slowly".

It seems to be going ever downhill.

Just exactly what are the improvements? Can you state exactly what they have improved?

"I will be there for the Essex social, am looking forward to it

Me too babes look forward to seeing you there! xx "

Looking forward to it

By *ssexcouple99Couple 45 weeks ago

brentwood

We visited for the day on Tuesday (13th June) and had a fantastic time we can't comment on the evening parties as we haven't been to one for ages. On a sunny day you can't beat Eurekas, its not going to be for everyone but we think its well worth a visit. We will be visiting again as soon as we can

By *ed and WolfieCouple 45 weeks ago

Gravesend

"We visited for the day on Tuesday (13th June) and had a fantastic time we can't comment on the evening parties as we haven't been to one for ages. On a sunny day you can't beat Eurekas, its not going to be for everyone but we think its well worth a visit. We will be visiting again as soon as we can "

I think that's the exact point. On a hot day when you are using the grounds and maybe popping in to the bar for a drink, it's a great place.

If you are there in the evening when you are more fully using the facilities and being inside, then that's when it is a bit underwhelming.

kent

"We visited for the day on Tuesday (13th June) and had a fantastic time we can't comment on the evening parties as we haven't been to one for ages. On a sunny day you can't beat Eurekas, its not going to be for everyone but we think its well worth a visit. We will be visiting again as soon as we can "

We hope to see you at one of the exciting parties too one evening

By *he fab twoCouple 45 weeks ago

brentwood

Well we used to be regular goers but not been back since covid but we are booked to go back there 24th June for Esocials party and hope it’s a good night!

As for all the people saying about harvester and hotels, I wouldn’t each a sandwhich in the Resturant of a hotel but would eat or have a drink in my room that’s been paid for separately, you pay to sleep in the cabin what you do from there on in is your own choice! BYOB or paid bar debate, byob will always be better as you will drink what you like to drink not what’s on offer! Plus people will tend to drink more and have a better night, plus it makes night cheaper so more bums on seats plus you spend the night drinking and socialising instead of queuing at bar

Fingers crossed for 24th

kent

"Well we used to be regular goers but not been back since covid but we are booked to go back there 24th June for Esocials party and hope it’s a good night!

As for all the people saying about harvester and hotels, I wouldn’t each a sandwhich in the Resturant of a hotel but would eat or have a drink in my room that’s been paid for separately, you pay to sleep in the cabin what you do from there on in is your own choice! BYOB or paid bar debate, byob will always be better as you will drink what you like to drink not what’s on offer! Plus people will tend to drink more and have a better night, plus it makes night cheaper so more bums on seats plus you spend the night drinking and socialising instead of queuing at bar

Fingers crossed for 24th "

be great to see you at sone of our amazing parties on offer

brentwood

"Well we used to be regular goers but not been back since covid but we are booked to go back there 24th June for Esocials party and hope it’s a good night!

Fingers crossed for 24th be great to see you at sone of our amazing parties on offer "

We’re there on 24th hope it’s as good as it used to be years ago be nice to go back

brentwood

Well this time next week we’ll be going will report back on findings lol

Anyone else going?

By *aysOfOurLivesCouple 45 weeks ago

Chigwell

We’ll be there with bells on…and really looking forwards to it.

A lot of the negs on this thread do surprise us, it sounds like some had had terrible experiences.

We were at the club a few weeks ago when it was super hot. So the frosty pool was refreshing. We spent the day in the fields and loved it.

We haven’t been in the club side so can’t comment other than it’s a huge room with lots of seating for socialising

We’re going because we been to a few ESocials and love them, they could be hosted in a caravan and we’d come for the fun xx

J&L xx

"We’ll be there with bells on…and really looking forwards to it.

A lot of the negs on this thread do surprise us, it sounds like some had had terrible experiences.

We were at the club a few weeks ago when it was super hot. So the frosty pool was refreshing. We spent the day in the fields and loved it.

We haven’t been in the club side so can’t comment other than it’s a huge room with lots of seating for socialising

We’re going because we been to a few ESocials and love them, they could be hosted in a caravan and we’d come for the fun xx

J&L xx"

If you wrote Eureka on a wall in chalk some people would crawl a mile over broken glass to write a negative comment.

There are personal and historical vendettas being run follow the green arrows.

Chislehurst

So you think people who have had a bad experience at Eureka shouldn’t be able to comment.

We first went there nearly 30 years ago. We’ve seen many changes.

The management over the last 5 years have ruined it.

bexley

"So you think people who have had a bad experience at Eureka shouldn’t be able to comment.

"

Exactly

We used to be regulars before covid.

The last few years have been completely off putting.

We used to always rent a cabin and then had several bad experiences. The last time we stayed we rented a cabin with a hot tub. I got a phone call on the Monday morning from the female owner being very rude.

They had found an empty bottle of water in the bin that hadn't been bought on site.

The hot tub was ruined because of fake tan apparently. I pointed out my partner is mixed race so doesn't have much need for fake tan but I got a shitty reply to that.

She then said the bed sheets had been ruined with a lipstick stain on them. I pointed out if the worst stain the bed sheets had on them was lipstick after a weekend then she had a result.

She said we had an official warning and to take it seriously. We never returned.

They also ran a few couples only nights which we prefer. You had lots of male friends of the owners allowed in defeating the whole point of a couples only night.

I would have to physically accompany my partner to the toilets after the club had closed as lots of creepy single guys would hang around and follow women into the toilets.

It's pleasures all the way for us now.

"Lots of changes been done "

Thought they were renovating and improving the place over covid - that's how the massive price hikes were aggressively justified by the current owner and his now departed wife/partner.

I still don't get why it has taken years to start listening, and why the much needed changes (optional bar, heat the pool, free membership to get people over the threshold etc) have to take yet further months or years to implement.

"So you think people who have had a bad experience at Eureka shouldn’t be able to comment.

"

If people follow the green arrows they can decide for themselves whether people are being fair or not in their comments.

By *x2 4 funCouple 44 weeks ago

Southampton

As much as there are people slagging the place off you also have the brown noses that can’t help but try and big the place up. We were promised that there would be a new profile on here by the owner and a statement both of which never appeared

By *leasureseekers123Couple 44 weeks ago

Hythe

"As much as there are people slagging the place off you also have the brown noses that can’t help but try and big the place up. We were promised that there would be a new profile on here by the owner and a statement both of which never appeared "

Exactly. People trot out this ultra positive rhetoric without any knowledge at all.

Statement is coming - no statement

What changes are being made- “lots of changes”

How many people were there on (insert date)- well attended

Just because it’s a naturist club why aren’t people allowed to feel disappointed and lied to?

Some people say it’s because we want the club to fail- it’s the opposite- we want it to be treated like the successful business it once was where people felt welcome and not lied to or fobbed off when they have a bad experience.

Why not have an open day and get people’s feedback? Ask what they think about things such as not bringing their own food and drinks. Have a discussion about the realities of not heating the pool and find out if people are really bothered by it.

It would be so easy for them to do so much more just by opening the lines of communication and having a dialogue with people.

By *itsalena2Couple 44 weeks ago

Kent

"As much as there are people slagging the place off you also have the brown noses that can’t help but try and big the place up. We were promised that there would be a new profile on here by the owner and a statement both of which never appeared

Exactly. People trot out this ultra positive rhetoric without any knowledge at all.

Just because it’s a naturist club why aren’t people allowed to feel disappointed and lied to?

Some people say it’s because we want the club to fail- it’s the opposite- we want it to be treated like the successful business it once was where people felt welcome and not lied to or fobbed off when they have a bad experience.

Why not have an open day and get people’s feedback? Ask what they think about things such as not bringing their own food and drinks. Have a discussion about the realities of not heating the pool and find out if people are really bothered by it.

It would be so easy for them to do so much more just by opening the lines of communication and having a dialogue with people. "

Even if the club was busy all the time

The cost of heating the pool would not be viable in these current times due the extreme cost

You only have to look at how many second hot tubs are for sale right and how cheap they are people can’t afford them

By *etiton45Man 44 weeks ago

Basildon

I never found it great did membership a couple years been few times never enjoyed it to be fare.

By *leasureseekers123Couple 44 weeks ago

Hythe

"As much as there are people slagging the place off you also have the brown noses that can’t help but try and big the place up. We were promised that there would be a new profile on here by the owner and a statement both of which never appeared

It would be so easy for them to do so much more just by opening the lines of communication and having a dialogue with people.

Even if the club was busy all the time

The cost of heating the pool would not be viable in these current times due the extreme cost

You only have to look at how many second hot tubs are for sale right and how cheap they are people can’t afford them

"

That’s not exactly true in a commercial environment. We have a farm with a pool and a heat source pump. It cost a lot to get set up but we recoup the money in rentals. That’s my point. Speak to the membership and say “if you want the pool heated it will cost x pounds in your membership. Do you want it or not.” Have the dialogue and involve the membership.

How do you know it isn’t viable until you cost it and ask the people who ultimately would pay for it?

By *os19Man 44 weeks ago

Edmonton

I have never been to Eureka but reading this thread there does seem to be more negative than positive comments.I appreciate Kent is a large county but the fact that DV8 & Pleasures are both in the Kent area there is a possibility that members will start going there. I have met a few couples who have attended OP4F in North London who have said that given the choice of the 3 clubs in Kent Eureka is a distant 3rd these were couples talking from experience and 2 of the couples I spoke to live in the Kent area.

By *inkyfuckery999 OP   Couple 44 weeks ago

Yarmouth

[Removed by poster at 18/06/23 22:06:09]

By *inkyfuckery999 OP   Couple 44 weeks ago

Yarmouth

"We’ll be there with bells on…and really looking forwards to it.

J&L xx

If you wrote Eureka on a wall in chalk some people would crawl a mile over broken glass to write a negative comment.

There are personal and historical vendettas being run follow the green arrows. "

No personal vendetta here, just a review from our own personal experience, wasn’t expecting this much interaction from our post tbh

By *he fab twoCouple 44 weeks ago

brentwood

All said and done it used to be fantastic and can be again but people need to attend with open mind for that to happen! Previous owner who I understand caused all the problems now gone and current owners trying to rebuild reputation, we’re willing to give it chance and are going on 24th this Saturday, will go and enjoy regardless

By *hellebelleWoman 44 weeks ago

ashford

"All said and done it used to be fantastic and can be again but people need to attend with open mind for that to happen! Previous owner who I understand caused all the problems now gone and current owners trying to rebuild reputation, we’re willing to give it chance and are going on 24th this Saturday, will go and enjoy regardless "

The current owner was a previous owner… just maybe now he has decided to start listening to the paying customers who drive through those gates.

By *arleysarCouple 44 weeks ago

Redhill/Reigate

Let's all be honest it worked a few years ago as it was Its not ROCKET SCIENCE go back to how it was and people will return keep all the changes that have been made then unfortunately it will fail the place is a legend

By *andDeeCouple 44 weeks ago

Ashford

A second vote for Pleasures. It’s not 30 minutes further down the road, but much friendlier and cleaner. Not been to a club in a few years, but Steve the owner is constantly changing/refurbishing the rooms. A more comfortable relaxed attitude that doesn’t require outside security. Etiquette is explained and happily abided by all that go (don’t enter a room if the door is closed and only touch if invited is the main two). Theme nights tend to attract more people.

We visited Eurekas once and the term ‘meerkats’ one of the regulars called the masses of single desperate men wanting their money’s worth was so fitting. You get up and go explore and immediately their heads pop up.

By *he fab twoCouple 44 weeks ago

brentwood

"Let's all be honest it worked a few years ago as it was Its not ROCKET SCIENCE go back to how it was and people will return keep all the changes that have been made then unfortunately it will fail the place is a legend "

Excactly that!

By *he fab twoCouple 43 weeks ago

brentwood

Well last night we went back to eureka after a long break pre covid! Very apprehensive after reading all the bad reviews on here but pleased to say we wasn’t disappointed! The upgrades to dance floor and seating area big improvement, the bar well stocked and very reasonable priced and 2 staff serving so no waiting! The atmosphere was great and full of sexy people! Esocials run a great night and every thoroughly enjoyed them selves! Couldn’t have asked for more!

By *ssexcouple99Couple 43 weeks ago

brentwood

We visited for the day today & had a great time well worth a visit

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

I had a great night and day too! x

brentwood

"I had a great night and day too! x"

Gotta say was worried it was gonna be a wasted night after reading all the bed stuff on here but just goes to show you that you really need to make your own minds up! Great atmosphere and great club can’t wait to return

By *SocialsCouple 43 weeks ago

Stanford-le-Hope

"I had a great night and day too! x

Gotta say was worried it was gonna be a wasted night after reading all the bed stuff on here but just goes to show you that you really need to make your own minds up! Great atmosphere and great club can’t wait to return "

100% right x it won't be for everyone, but give it a go and make your own minds up xx

By *addyjonMan 43 weeks ago

grays

Love it there just need to engage more, hopefully then have more fun.

By *ust-KinkingCouple 43 weeks ago

North London

So glad we didn’t go on the 24th after receiving an invite. Sounds like an awful place, we were actually thinking of paying it a visit another time. Definitely won’t be now!

brentwood

You missed a great night

By *ornucopiaMan 43 weeks ago

Bexley

"So glad we didn’t go on the 24th after receiving an invite. Sounds like an awful place, we were actually thinking of paying it a visit another time. Definitely won’t be now!"

Less competition for parking spaces, then.

It was absolutely choc a bloc on Sunday.

Stanford-le-Hope

"So glad we didn’t go on the 24th after receiving an invite. Sounds like an awful place, we were actually thinking of paying it a visit another time. Definitely won’t be now!"

so you didn't read the good reviews then ?

By *unny_ManMan 43 weeks ago

London

Haven't been in a while has anyone been within the last week or so has it been busy ?

Stanford-le-Hope

We hosted a party on Saturday and stayed there Sunday daytime and it was busy all weekend

By *leasureseekers123Couple 43 weeks ago

Hythe

Some people do have positive experiences and they’re worth reading before making a decision, but what you’ll find is that you get sarcastic replies like “less competition for parking then” which help no one.

In our opinion VA lux lounge is nicer. A bit more upmarket and a lovely crowd- although we’ve only been twice- but it is very nice

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

I’ve been as a single guy with an FWB and with my ex. Have experienced good times when it’s been an event night. Loved being watched in the woods. The hot tubs can be a bit hit and miss. Rudeness is over the top. It’s such a shame because it’s not that far from London and we don’t have many great venues in London.

By *ornucopiaMan 43 weeks ago

Bexley

"So glad we didn’t go on the 24th after receiving an invite. Sounds like an awful place, we were actually thinking of paying it a visit another time. Definitely won’t be now!

Some people do have positive experiences and they’re worth reading before making a decision, but what you’ll find is that you get sarcastic replies like “less competition for parking then” which help no one.

"

Sorry. I was being sarcastic in response to a somewhat negative post anyway (which you kindly quoted).

As it happens, there was almost no parking space left on Sunday due to the venue being so popular. That was why I made that point. Their loss, not mine.

brentwood

"I’ve been as a single guy with an FWB and with my ex. Have experienced good times when it’s been an event night. Loved being watched in the woods. The hot tubs can be a bit hit and miss. Rudeness is over the top. It’s such a shame because it’s not that far from London and we don’t have many great venues in London. "

Rudeness from who? We found the bar staff very polite and the hosts

By *ukka coupleCouple 43 weeks ago

winchester

We went last week and had a great time pool was fresh but just like your local pool . Accommodation not four star but fine for the price. Never had a problem with rudeness from staff just the opposite! Some people can never be pleased you find them in all walks of life , glass half full type

By *leasureseekers123Couple 43 weeks ago

Hythe

"We went last week and had a great time pool was fresh but just like your local pool . Accommodation not four star but fine for the price. Never had a problem with rudeness from staff just the opposite! Some people can never be pleased you find them in all walks of life , glass half full type "

Exactly. I mean if someone says they had a bad experience they must just be miserable people who walk through life looking for things to complain about. There’s no way they could have actually had a bad experience!

brentwood

"We went last week and had a great time pool was fresh but just like your local pool . Accommodation not four star but fine for the price. Never had a problem with rudeness from staff just the opposite! Some people can never be pleased you find them in all walks of life , glass half full type

Exactly. I mean if someone says they had a bad experience they must just be miserable people who walk through life looking for things to complain about. There’s no way they could have actually had a bad experience! "

Everyone is entitled to have a bad experience and good one and I’m sometimes the only difference is perspective! But you do also get professional moaners lol

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

The sheds are cute a novelty thats the fun of it lol .. it's a naturist club with accommodation. I'm grateful means you can have a drink chill out then not worry about driving home. Take the plus instead, who on earth complains about those facilities. Not anywhere else are they I love the Club... I'm going very soon.

By *ovebirdsupnorthCouple 37 weeks ago

kent

We can’t wait to meet you have a lovely evening together

Photographer booked for some pics of you In Your beautiful dress

By *ornucopiaMan 37 weeks ago

Bexley

"The sheds are cute a novelty thats the fun of it lol .. "

You should try the camouflage tent in the woods if you like novelty!

kent

The photographer will be in tent hoping your be joining us for some glam pics loveee a guy in a suit

By *he fab twoCouple 37 weeks ago

brentwood

"The sheds are cute a novelty thats the fun of it lol .. it's a naturist club with accommodation. I'm grateful means you can have a drink chill out then not worry about driving home. Take the plus instead, who on earth complains about those facilities. Not anywhere else are they I love the Club... I'm going very soon. "
exactly your not there on holiday it’s a roof over your head for the night and throw yourself in bed to sleep

brentwood

"The sheds are cute a novelty thats the fun of it lol ..

You should try the camouflage tent in the woods if you like novelty!"

What’s the tent in woods all about?

Bexley

What’s the tent in woods all about? "

It's for loitering within!

Basically a picnic table surrounded by camouflage netting and also enhanced with an angled wooden framed mirror for narcissists to admire their bodies. At one time there was a tarp roof over it but the weight of leaves and undrained rain water became too much...

brentwood

What’s the tent in woods all about?

It's for loitering within!

Basically a picnic table surrounded by camouflage netting and also enhanced with an angled wooden framed mirror for narcissists to admire their bodies. At one time there was a tarp roof over it but the weight of leaves and undrained rain water became too much..."

Sounds fun guessing this just used in daytime we only go sat nights

By *aughtyNaughtyCouple69Couple 37 weeks ago

Suffolk

VA is amazing, honestly worth going! As for Eureka, we wanted to come this weekend, but we are simply shocked at the reviews, honestly! Didn’t realise it’s so bad, eughhh! Also funny enough we met Eureka owners (couple) in Gran Canaria some time ago and Welsh guy was so full of himself when we spoke to him, haha, he acted like he almost owned windsor, how funny! Thank you for honest reviews everyone! It honestly does help to make informed decision of where to go and we are so glad we won’t be wasting our money out there on place that clearly doesn’t deserve business it’s getting! Such a shame! ((

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"VA is amazing, honestly worth going! As for Eureka, we wanted to come this weekend, but we are simply shocked at the reviews, honestly! Didn’t realise it’s so bad, eughhh! Also funny enough we met Eureka owners (couple) in Gran Canaria some time ago and Welsh guy was so full of himself when we spoke to him, haha, he acted like he almost owned windsor, how funny! Thank you for honest reviews everyone! It honestly does help to make informed decision of where to go and we are so glad we won’t be wasting our money out there on place that clearly doesn’t deserve business it’s getting! Such a shame! (("

I went yesterday daytime and had a great time sunbathing, chilling in the lovely grounds and meeting/chatting to new people..I will be back ASAP!

By *ndrewInEssexMan 37 weeks ago

Harlow

" Also funny enough we met Eureka owners (couple) in Gran Canaria some time ago and Welsh guy was so full of himself when we spoke to him, haha, he acted like he almost owned windsor, how funny! "

Mike & Carrie are nothing to do with Eureka now.

kent

"VA is amazing, honestly worth going! As for Eureka, we wanted to come this weekend, but we are simply shocked at the reviews, honestly! Didn’t realise it’s so bad, eughhh! Also funny enough we met Eureka owners (couple) in Gran Canaria some time ago and Welsh guy was so full of himself when we spoke to him, haha, he acted like he almost owned windsor, how funny! Thank you for honest reviews everyone! It honestly does help to make informed decision of where to go and we are so glad we won’t be wasting our money out there on place that clearly doesn’t deserve business it’s getting! Such a shame! ((

I went yesterday daytime and had a great time sunbathing, chilling in the lovely grounds and meeting/chatting to new people..I will be back ASAP! "

Hi Lola hope you had fun can’t wait to see you next Saturday at the ball babes

Bexley

"...

I went yesterday daytime and had a great time sunbathing, chilling in the lovely grounds and meeting/chatting to new people..I will be back ASAP! "

Indeed, and furthermore, a lot more people were at Eureka yesterday because Lola and LadyCurvaceous separately had announced on here that they were going to be there.

The publicity did not go amiss!

Hey guys,

I had a great time thank you and popped into the club earlier to book my cabin so cant wait to see you guys too! xx

"...

I went yesterday daytime and had a great time sunbathing, chilling in the lovely grounds and meeting/chatting to new people..I will be back ASAP!

Indeed, and furthermore, a lot more people were at Eureka yesterday because Lola and LadyCurvaceous separately had announced on here that they were going to be there.

The publicity did not go amiss!"

Was lovely to see you again babes xx

kent

"

Hey guys,

I had a great time thank you and popped into the club earlier to book my cabin so cant wait to see you guys too! xx"

See you next sat at the masquerad masked ball for fun and games for loads going on on the night.

By *ady CurvaceousWoman 37 weeks ago

Kent

"...

The publicity did not go amiss!"

There certainly weren't people there who only went because I did, in fact I can't think of anyone I spoke to who went there because of me. I met Lola for the first time yesterday as well as chatted to a couple of other people, but as I said, they didn't go just because I said I was going !

Bexley

"...

The publicity did not go amiss!

There certainly weren't people there who only went because I did, in fact I can't think of anyone I spoke to who went there because of me. I met Lola for the first time yesterday as well as chatted to a couple of other people, but as I said, they didn't go just because I said I was going !"

Fair enough. I didn't want to leave you out of the credits!

brentwood

"VA is amazing, honestly worth going! As for Eureka, we wanted to come this weekend, but we are simply shocked at the reviews, honestly! Didn’t realise it’s so bad, eughhh! Also funny enough we met Eureka owners (couple) in Gran Canaria some time ago and Welsh guy was so full of himself when we spoke to him, haha, he acted like he almost owned windsor, how funny! Thank you for honest reviews everyone! It honestly does help to make informed decision of where to go and we are so glad we won’t be wasting our money out there on place that clearly doesn’t deserve business it’s getting! Such a shame! (("

If you don’t go on the head day of a few bitter people you’ll be missing out! We went couple months ago and had a great night, love the place we not been for years been going to jaydees mainly but like you put off going for fear of it not being what it once was! Glad we took the chance will definitely be going back soon!!

Btw we are not regulars or associated with he club at all just an honest opinion, give it a go before you dismiss it

By *ITnTATCouple 37 weeks ago

newcastle

"We 100% agree with everything you said

We wasn’t even made aware you couldn’t take your own drinks/snacks before booking first we heard of it was when it was plastered all over doos and donts on the notice in the cabin if I’d found out they had searched the cabin for food/drinks I doubt it would have been a pleasant ending

As a previous regular at Eureka, I had been a little encouraged by some recent forum posts saying that new people had taken over, realised their mistakes, and were making amends, and had made improvements. I had said that in that case, I might give them another try.

"

Far be it from saying anything but…..do they have any right to search your cabin?…..it’s like a hotel employee searching your hotel room…surely that violates at least 3 or 4 privacy laws?….

"We 100% agree with everything you said

Far be it from saying anything but…..do they have any right to search your cabin?…..it’s like a hotel employee searching your hotel room…surely that violates at least 3 or 4 privacy laws?…."

I have and others i know have stayed over a few times so far this year and never had our cabins searched?

By *illyvMan 37 weeks ago

bexleyheath

No they dont search your room

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 37 weeks ago

Watford

They don't search your room during your stay, no. However, I've heard people say on this very forum that they have received a phone call telling them off for bringing food or drink into their cabins after they have gone home after the cleaning staff empty their bins and find evidence of food & drink wrappers.

"They don't search your room during your stay, no. However, I've heard people say on this very forum that they have received a phone call telling them off for bringing food or drink into their cabins after they have gone home after the cleaning staff empty their bins and find evidence of food & drink wrappers."

And i can confirm that myself or others who have visited and stayed over this year a few times so far have never received any such phone calls...maybe this was down to the previous female owner who is no longer anything to do with club now? (Maybe? who knows ?)

By *aintreeMan 36 weeks ago

Tonbridge

I went to Eurekas back in 2019 and it was run down and not very clean even then . I never went back .

By *he fab twoCouple 36 weeks ago

brentwood

"I went to Eurekas back in 2019 and it was run down and not very clean even then . I never went back . "

It’s 2023 now

By *stwo18Couple 36 weeks ago

Epworth

We had our best times there a few years ago. Dressing up.

Party nights, our own drinks round the pool. Posh picnics on the field with naughty sex.

Shame those days are gone nowm

By *r_YouTubeMan 36 weeks ago

Colchester

I found some similar experiences with Kestal/abfab near Heathrow.

Drinks are very expensive. So many rules... staff on reception are rude and quite abrupt on the one occaction I had an issue and seen it happen to others,

And don't get me started about their car parking situation.

If you accidently get caught up in the system and recieve a fine. They won't help you. Regardless to if you can prove you were there for the right reasons.

But yh Eurekas is very outdated, the pool not heated

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

"I found some similar experiences with Kestal/abfab near Heathrow.

Drinks are very expensive. So many rules... staff on reception are rude and quite abrupt on the one occaction I had an issue and seen it happen to others,

If you accidently get caught up in the system and recieve a fine. They won't help you. Regardless to if you can prove you were there for the right reasons.

But yh Eurekas is very outdated, the pool not heated "

So why you commenting on parking situations about a different club you visited then as this thread is about Eureka? ...pointless comment tbh.....and whilst at it when was the last time you visited?

brentwood

I went to harvester once and my steak was bit cold!!! Oh sorry is this it the general moaning page??

Can’t wait to get back to Eurekas, last month was first time back since before the world stopped and we fucking loved it!! Drinks were reasonable priced bar fast serving with two bar staff at all times, people were hot and the sex fantastic!!

We will see you all soon I hope

"I went to harvester once and my steak was bit cold!!! Oh sorry is this it the general moaning page??

Can’t wait to get back to Eurekas, last month was first time back since before the world stopped and we fucking loved it!! Drinks were reasonable priced bar fast serving with two bar staff at all times, people were hot and the sex fantastic!!

We will see you all soon I hope "

Totally agree £4 a large glass of wine and £3 for large can of beer/cider...I dont think you can get that in your local weatherspoons for that!

By *m A FuckerMan 36 weeks ago

kingswood,surrey

Agree, a can is a mouthfull away from a pint and at £3 how can you go wrong

By *ovebirdsupnorthCouple 36 weeks ago

kent

Glad to hear it guys

kent

[Removed by poster at 17/08/23 17:31:13]

kent

We have a great sizzzling weekend at eureka this weekend what’s not to like sun drinks food cool pool looks to be funnnnn

By *ew2it.deCouple 36 weeks ago

Stoke on Trent

Wow!

"We have a great sizzzling weekend at eureka this weekend what’s not to like sun drinks food cool pool looks to be funnnnn"

I will be there from the afternoon for some sunbathing, pool time and then the party evening after..cant wait guys! xx

kent

Gona be fun we got entertainment and free giveaways not forgetting the crowing of the prince n princess of the mascaraed

See you soon gorgeous lady

brentwood

Wish we was going

"Wish we was going "

Awww me too guys..hopefully see you both

again soon xx

By *ssexcouple99Couple 36 weeks ago

brentwood

We visited on Tuesday & had a great time down on the bottom field you can't beat Eurekas on a sunny day x haven't been in the evening for a few years but hope to soon

By *ragon007Man 36 weeks ago

london

But yh Eurekas is very outdated, the pool not heated "

Agree with that completely

But yh Eurekas is very outdated, the pool not heated

Agree with that completely "

And once again which club (clubs) are you referring to? Cos I find your comment confusing..maybe its just me??

By *oopyLouLouWoman 36 weeks ago

Maidstone

Not sure why they worry about a lipstick stain, that can be removed. Have you checked the mould and filth on the pillows and mattresses? My personal experience was that they were beyond disgusting, and definitely reason to abandon the stay.

Albeit this was in the days of the aggressive and obnoxious co-owner, who was, at the time, happily married to the current co-owner.

brentwood

"Wish we was going

again soon xx"

Next month hopefully x

By *ornucopiaMan 36 weeks ago

Bexley

"Wish we was going

again soon xx

Next month hopefully x"

Don't leave it too long. The old currant bun is slipping lower in the apple pie.

The pool is starting to get shady from about 5pm and moving the loungers on the top lawn is becoming the order of the late afternoon.

kent

Gona be warm hot sticky day nothing like naked sun bathing

By *aramelChocolateMan 35 weeks ago

North West

Anyone going back holiday weekend?

By *he fab twoCouple 35 weeks ago

brentwood

"Wish we was going

again soon xx

Next month hopefully x

Don't leave it too long. The old currant bun is slipping lower in the apple pie.

The pool is starting to get shady from about 5pm and moving the loungers on the top lawn is becoming the order of the late afternoon."

We only do evenings anyway, summer just so busy for us

By *_the_impalerMan 35 weeks ago

canterbury

I had a close friend go for the first time on Friday night and was disappointed throughout even the staff appeared to be more interested in getting plastered than anything else