FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Re- open of club kiss licenced or un-licenced

Re- open of club kiss licenced or un-licenced

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ammyjerry OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

We see club kiss has re-opend in a private 4 bed house in Southampton.looks like club kiss has degraded down to house parties as they are not licenced. The last two clubs this guy had was closed down by the council. Can any one verifi weather this club kiss is fully licenced or breaking all the rules and no planning permission if it is all legal we might go but we do not want to support an illegal un-licened venue. Does any one have any honest views on this club.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We see club kiss has re-opend in a private 4 bed house in Southampton.looks like club kiss has degraded down to house parties as they are not licenced. The last two clubs this guy had was closed down by the council. Can any one verifi weather this club kiss is fully licenced or breaking all the rules and no planning permission if it is all legal we might go but we do not want to support an illegal un-licened venue. Does any one have any honest views on this club."

Well according to their wed site, "Guests can bring their own alcohol which is given to our friendly bar staff who’ll store it in our fridge until required. We sell soft drinks and tea and coffee". We have not been just had a look at their wed site.

Bournemouth

"We see club kiss has re-opend in a private 4 bed house in Southampton.looks like club kiss has degraded down to house parties as they are not licenced. The last two clubs this guy had was closed down by the council. Can any one verifi weather this club kiss is fully licenced or breaking all the rules and no planning permission if it is all legal we might go but we do not want to support an illegal un-licened venue. Does any one have any honest views on this club.

Well according to their wed site, "Guests can bring their own alcohol which is given to our friendly bar staff who’ll store it in our fridge until required. We sell soft drinks and tea and coffee". We have not been just had a look at their wed site."

They are charging so i take it the council has passed it this time and they have planning permission and are fully licenced this time around will have to check it out with council in morning we want to go but only if it is legal it does not say on website if licenced any one have any insite in to this.

Forum Mod

Sounds like you're better off either talking to the council or getting in touch with the people that run the parties themselves

Or just not attend at all

He called the don on this sit search him and he can tell you all about the club re opening. Hope this information is helpful

Bournemouth

"Sounds like you're better off either talking to the council or getting in touch with the people that run the parties themselves

Or just not attend at all"

Thank you we work in the council but in a different department will see what we can find out on our tea break at work. We wanted to go before but it was shut down last time by the council and press i take it they got their hat together this time 3 time lucky.

By *rfunMan  over a year ago

Southampton

I would be interested in your findings too, been to both of his previous places. Looks like this may be away around the rules by doing "pvt parties"

We've been to the two previous venues held by Martin. Lovely guy too.

If they are opening clubkiss back up again we'll definitely attend whatever event he is holding.

Not many places to go in the South so this would make a welcome addition.

Just to confirm that these are going to be private parties for which you don't need a licence. If I were to be having a party in my own home say this weekend, I could ask people to bring a bottle of alcohol if they require it and maybe help pay towards soft drinks etc and wouldn't need a licence !!

Bournemouth

"Just to confirm that these are going to be private parties for which you don't need a licence. If I were to be having a party in my own home say this weekend, I could ask people to bring a bottle of alcohol if they require it and maybe help pay towards soft drinks etc and wouldn't need a licence !!"

I think you do need a licence how can it be a private party it would be if it was free.They are charging £30 for these parties which you need a licence and any money is not towards soft drinks as you state as in their advert quote we sell soft drinks so that is over and above an entry fee. If you charge £30 entry you need a licence i checked it out today with the council. some one is telling porkys here. I would have thought having two clubs closed down for charging with out a licence they would have got one this time i can see this one being closed with in weeks. This is their add.

Organised adult party on Thursday 31 January 2013 in South East: Central Southampton

At this meet looking for: F M MF TV/TS

Two girl gangbang at a venue in Central Southampton, details of location given on day of party. 7pm-9pm £30pp Guests can bring their own alcohol, we sell soft drinks/coffee/tea. More info at www.clubkissuk.

By *hedon2203Man  over a year ago

Bournemouth

What a thread. I can't remember getting shut down for selling drinks lol.

We got shut down due to not having right planning on building.

We never going to get that now so I will be moving the parties all the time ie one weekend in one place then next one else where bit like a tour lol.

Most house parties charge people to get in so I believe.

Anyway if u have any doubts about any parties or anything in life I suggest u don't go. I mean I support arsenal but don't want to see them as I no there lose so no point.

I just want to run a few parties not hurting anyone. The problem with south of England Is authorities dont like people having sex that all.

Have a great weekend folks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 30/01/13 23:03:28]

Bournemouth

"What a thread. I can't remember getting shut down for selling drinks lol.

We never going to get that now so I will be moving the parties all the time ie one weekend in one place then next one else where bit like a tour lol.

Anyway if u have any doubts about any parties or anything in life I suggest u don't go. I mean I support arsenal but don't want to see them as I no there lose so no point.

I just want to run a few parties not hurting anyone. The problem with south of England Is authorities dont like people having sex that all.

Have a great weekend folks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "

If you hold parties in a private house and they are free of charge then that is fine. If you charge for parties in a private house like you are charging a high price of £30 then that is a buissness and if you take money you have to get a change of use that was what the council told us today and you have to get a fire risk assesment by the fire brigade fact. Also if you charge you need a sex licence fair enough if your charging 50 pence for a cup of tea so what is the £30 for you times that by 20 people that's £600 for example and it then has to be registred with inland revenue to pay your taxes.

If nothing is charged it's a private party. As soon as a fee is asked for it's a business, meaning you have to have the licenses and insurances in place or the Council will close down -simplez- No way around that as those are the regulations in the whole of England... Angel

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Licensing does not only refer to the sale of alcohol. It refers to many things.

By *orset manMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Good luck Martin hope your project is as good as J2

Ive never been asked to pay for a party

This screams tax dodge and shady.

Thankfully I live near proper established licensed clubs

By *thwiltsmMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Authorities in South of england don't like sex lol.

There are plenty of good well run legal clubs in the south, just have a look at the clubs list.

By *ipper DeVineTV/TS  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Authorities in South of england don't like sex lol.

There are plenty of good well run legal clubs in the south, just have a look at the clubs list.

"

good luck Martin, I wish you well and hope to visit some of your partys soon. as for the above coment there isnt any thing I can think of between say Brighton to Poole? can you name one?

Bournemouth

Checked with the council today and he does not have a licence and they are looking in to the club because they are charging and is illegaly run as it is not a private party as stated and you have to pay £30. It has also been reported that he has working girls in the club which the police are looking in to. So any one visiting this place please be careful looks like the police are planning a big raid in the place. No one wants to be caught with their pants around their ankles lol

Yep paradise health spa in bournemouth and bristol gardens spa in brighten, there's a couple to get you going

Checked with the council today and he does not have a licence and they are looking in to the club because they are charging and is illegaly run as it is not a private party as stated and you have to pay £30. It has also been reported that he has working girls in the club which the police are looking in to. So any one visiting this place please be careful looks like the police are planning a big raid in the place. No one wants to be caught with their pants around their ankles lol"

Wow, the council must have a seriously lax stance on the DPA.

That said I do tend to agree that this will end in tear. It's obvious that the council will be keeping a serious eye on this venture and despite what the owners say I have to agree with others that say that charging £30 and advertising them means that this is very much a commercial venture and needs licensing accordingly

Bournemouth

Checked with the council today and he does not have a licence and they are looking in to the club because they are charging and is illegaly run as it is not a private party as stated and you have to pay £30. It has also been reported that he has working girls in the club which the police are looking in to. So any one visiting this place please be careful looks like the police are planning a big raid in the place. No one wants to be caught with their pants around their ankles lol

Wow, the council must have a seriously lax stance on the DPA.

That said I do tend to agree that this will end in tear. It's obvious that the council will be keeping a serious eye on this venture and despite what the owners say I have to agree with others that say that charging £30 and advertising them means that this is very much a commercial venture and needs licensing accordingly"

Very true they have had two clubs closed last year would have thought they would have learnt by now if you charge £0 entrance to have to abide by the council rules. They think they are going to get around it this time by only giving out the address to people on the day of the party in the hope they wont get caught. Do we really want this sort of club in the south i think not they will be raided and closed down for the 3rd time any one have any views on this.

Doesnt sound like you will be attending the party.....and having done your good deed of letting adults make an informed decision on if they should attend or not.....perhaps its time to take a step back now before it comes across as being personal.

If people want to pay then let them....

Bournemouth

"Doesnt sound like you will be attending the party.....and having done your good deed of letting adults make an informed decision on if they should attend or not.....perhaps its time to take a step back now before it comes across as being personal.

If people want to pay then let them...."

We agree we will stick to our licenced spa paradice

We have been to his Southampton party last year. Had a good time. Took a break from the swing lifestyle for a bit. I have been keeping upto date with all the ins and out with the club. And unless he sets up a correctly and runs it to the eye of the law. We will not be attending.

When they are not willing to go public with their address, alarm bells start ringing. I let people make up their own minds.

"Checked with the council today and he does not have a licence and they are looking in to the club because they are charging and is illegaly run as it is not a private party as stated and you have to pay £30. It has also been reported that he has working girls in the club which the police are looking in to. So any one visiting this place please be careful looks like the police are planning a big raid in the place. No one wants to be caught with their pants around their ankles lol"

I cant help but think you had no intention of going to this club and only started this thread out of spite. I might be being cynical but did the owner or club kiss wrong you in some way?

Bournemouth

"We have been to his Southampton party last year. Had a good time. Took a break from the swing lifestyle for a bit. I have been keeping upto date with all the ins and out with the club. And unless he sets up a correctly and runs it to the eye of the law. We will not be attending.

When they are not willing to go public with their address, alarm bells start ringing. I let people make up their own minds."

We agree enough said every one can make up their own minds just making people aware of the situation.

By *rfunMan  over a year ago

Southampton

Thanks sammy for the info was thinking abouy doing one of his parties but will have to try out paradise again not been for a while

By *ubyExpreeWoman  over a year ago

BBBW Heaven

There seems to be something else going on here. The fact that you have spent your time going around to get this event closed down means your more likely a woman scourned. You have informed people but here is hoping that you do not make a fake profile to find out the address and call the police.

To the guy doing the event, better luck next time.

Bournemouth

Pmsl love it

Think u might be right.

Anyway hope everyone has good weekend.

Will never be raided by police lol. Not a criminal offence.

Love the haters

omg we thought this world was discreet what is she doing so what mart makes a few bob theres no where else local to go to sounds a bit personal to us good luck mart xx

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"perhaps its time to take a step back now before it comes across as being personal.

"

Too late

If you hold parties in a private house and they are free of charge then that is fine. If you charge for parties in a private house like you are charging a high price of £30 then that is a buissness and if you take money you have to get a change of use that was what the council told us today and you have to get a fire risk assesment by the fire brigade fact. Also if you charge you need a sex licence fair enough if your charging 50 pence for a cup of tea so what is the £30 for you times that by 20 people that's £600 for example and it then has to be registred with inland revenue to pay your taxes. "

We've never been to a free house party...you always seem to pay about the same..a contribution not an entry fee. That's the way it rolls!

Martins parties are always friendly and welcoming.

paying house parties are everywhere...of course hosts are making a few quid...good luck to them. If you don't don't like the idea don't attend but please don't try and wreck it for those of us that do....usually for Us it is purely a social evening...sexy social evening.

Good luck Martin..see you soon

Is this a private axe grinding thread, or can anyone join in ???????

Bournemouth

Robbo

Come on in lol.

Anyway keep a key on my profile new parties will be posted soon.

"Robbo

Come on in lol.

Anyway keep a key on my profile new parties will be posted soon.

"

Dont get me involved with he said she said politics mate, I get myself in enough shit as it is.

I just enjoy being in the swinging scene and having fun.

Portsmouth

"Yep paradise health spa in bournemouth and bristol gardens spa in brighten, there's a couple to get you going"

it's all well and good asking for advice and checking website and possibly asking council if it has/had a license, but working in the council and doing some digging etc etc,... yeah something dodgy about continuing the thread. If you're unsure, just don't attend! Simples. Have a DR PEPPER, what's the worst that could happen

"it's all well and good asking for advice and checking website and possibly asking council if it has/had a license, but working in the council and doing some digging etc etc,... yeah something dodgy about continuing the thread. If you're unsure, just don't attend! Simples. Have a DR PEPPER, what's the worst that could happen "

"Checked with the council today and he does not have a licence and they are looking in to the club because they are charging and is illegaly run as it is not a private party as stated and you have to pay £30. It has also been reported that he has working girls in the club which the police are looking in to. So any one visiting this place please be careful looks like the police are planning a big raid in the place. No one wants to be caught with their pants around their ankles lol

I cant help but think you had no intention of going to this club and only started this thread out of spite. I might be being cynical but did the owner or club kiss wrong you in some way?"

Maybe she said to owner kiss my arse and ge kissed face

Actually you,ll be amazed at the ammount of venues that arent totally legal, either be it adult entertainment licenses or drinks licenses and fire regs or dont own proper porn vids for showing, we know a good few in and around us, but if no trouble then most of time the police and councils turn a blin eye.

maybe us northerners are more open minded, to us as long as the venue or hosts are honest and dont try to hind things then its fine as we can make a informed judgement on if we go or not,

But do find £30 for a party abit excesive,

so on that we wouldnt attend,

but wish the guy well in his venture x

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"they will be raided and closed down for the 3rd time any one have any views on this."

Yes, Having read the thread, I think you have a personal vendetta, you've shared a fair amount of details on this thread, except, why you have a vendetta.

By *ngel Devil69Couple  over a year ago

Manilva

Not sure if the OP wants to attend or shut this down before it starts? If you work at the council surely there's no need to ask on here? Who really cares if they want to charge for drinks etc, as long as everyone has a great time.

If your not sure, or don't want to pay, don't attend.

"Not sure if the OP wants to attend or shut this down before it starts? If you work at the council surely there's no need to ask on here? Who really cares if they want to charge for drinks etc, as long as everyone has a great time.

If your not sure, or don't want to pay, don't attend."

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Most parties charge?

We have been to more than a dozen, and have never been asked to pay.

If you have "staff", then its a business.

If its so innocuous, why the need to move it, sounds like you got something to hide?

"I just want to run a few parties..." and make some money too?

"The problem with south of England Is authorities dont like people having sex..."

or maybe they don't like people running unlicensed businesses that flout health and safety rules, fire regulations and tax law?

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

Most parties charge?

We have been to more than a dozen, and have never been asked to pay.

If you have "staff", then its a business.

If its so innocuous, why the need to move it, sounds like you got something to hide?

"I just want to run a few parties..." and make some money too?

"The problem with south of England Is authorities dont like people having sex..."

or maybe they don't like people running unlicensed businesses that flout health and safety rules, fire regulations and tax law?

SPOT ON !!!! Xxx

"

By *imon and saffyCouple  over a year ago

southampton

I just hope that this doesn't get jumped on by the puritanical echo and council and kill off all chances of a club in Southampton.

Third attempt, third time without permission (though why they can't give you permission I don't know) does seem to be risking third closure.

It could be the final straw and ensure that no permission is ever granted.

And don't be too sure of no police involvement.

Bournemouth

"I just hope that this doesn't get jumped on by the puritanical echo and council and kill off all chances of a club in Southampton.

Third attempt, third time without permission (though why they can't give you permission I don't know) does seem to be risking third closure.

It could be the final straw and ensure that no permission is ever granted.

And don't be too sure of no police involvement. "

By *plsouthCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I love lamp?

Portsmouth

"I love lamp?

"

And your point is???

Not sure why no permission is being sought. Xotix got it granted after it had opened. But that was because they had complied with local fire regulations and health and safety

Those opening things like this should do it properly.

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

sounds like you have an axe to grind

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

If all permissions are sought and rules and regs adhered too then there is no reason why they should be shut down! Problem is, it all costs money to have all the proper planning, licensing (if wanted), fire and safety checks, health and Hygiene certificates,Music license, business and council taxes etc. Many people are not prepared to open clubs legally due to these issues because they mostly want to make a fast buck!! Makes it harder on those of us trying to do things properly

If you only want to go to clubs that run strictly within the law, your going to struggle.

How many charge every person exactly the same fee regardless of gender, as required under the discrimination act ?

How many charge single males membership but not couples ?

Before anyone jumps on the moral high ground the answer is "very few"

"If you only want to go to clubs that run strictly within the law, your going to struggle.

How many charge every person exactly the same fee regardless of gender, as required under the discrimination act ?

How many charge single males membership but not couples ?

Before anyone jumps on the moral high ground the answer is "very few""

If its a private members club then they can do that.. I would imagine that is what most are run as.

Cali

How does a private members club allow non members in ????

That means its not a private members club, but a pick n choose who we charge membership club isnt it ???????

"How does a private members club allow non members in ????

That means its not a private members club, but a pick n choose who we charge membership club isnt it ???????"

by having a guest list for members to add too.. which keeps within the law.

and to be honest the membership is hardly a crime.. What I am saying is that I have seen first hand on 3 clubs now how strict the health and safety and fire regulations are for these places..

THIS is what I think that places shouldnt skimp on...

and btw thats the reasons all clubs have a list of who is in and who is out... as they need to know for fire regulations.

Think you will find that only members and their guest are allowed.

Not strangers that turn up not knowing anyone else that is in the place.

If its a Spa through the day, then it cant be a private members swingers club under the same license.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

After reading through this thread, does anybody else think that the OP has a grudge to bare or an axe to grind?

What on earth gave you that idea.

It was posted as public information, so people would know they had been grassed to the council, thats all.

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

Not to jump on the bandwagon but to correct a couple of common but false misconceptions regarding private members clubs etc

Firstly there is more than one type of private members club, the first and the most typical, especially in this scene is the proprietary members club that is owned by the proprietors but that has membership rules governing the club. With these establishments anyone can be a member or a visitor with no qualifying time or conditions of membership.

The other type of private members club is basically a co-operative where all the members own a share of the club. There are very, very strict rules governing these clubs as lots of rules and regulations do not apply to them so they would be appealing to open. However a key point with this type of club is that there is a two week qualifying period from when you sign up to when you can actually attend the club !

However health and safety, fire regulations, the VAT man and the Inland Revenue still apply to both types of club, and asking for a contribution rather than an entrance fee doesn't get around anything you are still a business.

Hope that helps in some way !

"Think you will find that only members and their guest are allowed.

Not strangers that turn up not knowing anyone else that is in the place.

If its a Spa through the day, then it cant be a private members swingers club under the same license."

At xotix you have to either be on a guest list or a member. You can't just turn up on the night.

By *hristeresa12Couple  over a year ago

Totnes

"After reading through this thread, does anybody else think that the OP has a grudge to bare or an axe to grind?"
Certainly think the OP has a grudge to bare but wouldnt go so far as to say they also have an axe to grind...although I may be mistaken

By *essex1Man  over a year ago

Cork

What's the deal with Kiss? Is it still closed?

"What's the deal with Kiss? Is it still closed? "

Check out this guys profile.

He is running the parties and will give you all the details you need.

_hedon2203

» Add a new message to this topic