FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > In defence of the new Kestrels

In defence of the new Kestrels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *indMasterUK OP   Man 41 weeks ago

All over England

I know that, in the past, the new Kestrels has received some stick on this site.

I was there yesterday with my friend 'C' and we had a great time. Yes, it was quiet for a Monday afternoon but there were some couples and single guys enjoying themselves.

Some recent improvements include better lighting in the dungeon - where we spent a lot of time . The expanded bar looks great. The reception team were friendly.

I was a regular at the old place and will become a regular of the new. And 'C' has joined as well.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

"I know that, in the past, the new Kestrels has received some stick on this site.

I was there yesterday with my friend 'C' and we had a great time. Yes, it was quiet for a Monday afternoon but there were some couples and single guys enjoying themselves.

Some recent improvements include better lighting in the dungeon - where we spent a lot of time . The expanded bar looks great. The reception team were friendly.

I was a regular at the old place and will become a regular of the new. And 'C' has joined as well."

Really don’t know why it gets stick. We are very comfortable in this club. We were also there yesterday afternoon/evening and it was fairly busy by the early evening.

Great club, friendly atmosphere

By *leasureseekers123Couple 41 weeks ago

Hythe

I wouldn’t even call it the “new” kestrels anymore as it’s been open for quite a while. It’s a great place but I think they’ve had a lot of stick regarding the previous owner and his criminal conviction. It’s definitely a place everyone should visit

By *llaandGCouple 41 weeks ago

London

We really like it, though we still haven't worked out how to enjoy the cinema without unwanted attention....

G

"We really like it, though we still haven't worked out how to enjoy the cinema without unwanted attention....

G"

Unfortunately you will get attention if you play in the cinema. We have found on the whole most are respectful and when told they are getting too close get the hint …..

By *p4fun60Couple 41 weeks ago

Hampshire

"We really like it, though we still haven't worked out how to enjoy the cinema without unwanted attention....

G"

the easiest way is to play on the bed at the back together & pull the ticka barrier across to stop unwanted attention, & invite through onto the bed anyone else you see & like the look of

By *etro1940sCouple 41 weeks ago

Kingston upon Thames

"I wouldn’t even call it the “new” kestrels anymore as it’s been open for quite a while. It’s a great place but I think they’ve had a lot of stick regarding the previous owner and his criminal conviction. It’s definitely a place everyone should visit "
we agree ... it is good, high quality facilities, plenty of space plus plenty of naughty corners ... xx Anne & George

G the easiest way is to play on the bed at the back together & pull the ticka barrier across to stop unwanted attention, & invite through onto the bed anyone else you see & like the look of "

Agreed

By *oulou22Woman 41 weeks ago

Sutton

Do we know how long the club is planning to be here? I recall when it opened it was only supposed to be for a couple of years due to it being on a development site.

Hythe

I think the company that run it are relaxation and leisure limited

By *irtybrit27Man 41 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I was there yesterday and while it wasn't the same as a sunday, it was still a really good experience. I think people need to also look at their expectations.

For me, with limited clubs where I live, this place is wonderful. It's clean, the staff are super friendly and I've never had any problems there. Of all the clubs I've been to, this is the best (which may say a bit about them too)

I don't know about the history and the dramas of old regulars but I am a big supporter of the place and really want to come again soon.

By *irty-pairCouple 41 weeks ago

South Essex

We don’t know why it gets so much stick either. We’ve always found it to be well run, clean and safe and haven’t encountered anything untoward there. The staff are on the ball and are helpful. We love the facilities too (and we’ll be back second Sunday of august- can’t wait) x

By *breedyouMan 41 weeks ago

Staines

Having been to this club since it first opened here the improvements have been some what major. The staff on reception to the bar staff are so welcoming and add to the atmosphere of the place.

From what I understand this is nothing to do with the old venue which was in stanmore and is run by a female owner and manager.

Having been to a few clubs now, this has to be one of the friendliest locally and actually has more than 5 people which another local venue seems to think is a good night?

Plus their BBQ was amazing and I can’t wait for the next one!

By *os19Man 41 weeks ago

Edmonton

I have only attended Kestrels once I can’t remember the exact year possibly 2019 but it was before lockdown and I could see the potential of it once everything had been fitted and set up.Then I heard the news that the previous owner was found guilty of historical sex crimes and there were threads and posts about AbFabs / Kestrels that he had handed over control to his partner and that his son was a director. On one of the posts I said I didn’t feel comfortable putting money into his potential retirement pot when he came out of prison. I was met with some nasty comments on the thread and also in my mail.However one couple made a interesting comment which was we all pay our BBC licence yet the BBC covered Jimmy Saville and a few other for many years.The way I see it we will never know if the family are profiting, if the family have forgiven him.So to those that go let them go and enjoy the facilities and have a good time.To those that don’t because they don’t feel comfortable with who owns it let them enjoy other clubs.For the record if I lived nearer I would be 50 / 50 about joining and attending because of the dubious ownership but at the same time I understand the employees are just doing a job and there is nothing to say the family have forgiven the previous owner.Also just to be clear the main reason I don’t attend is it would take me over 2 hours to get there from my front door to Kestrels / AbFabs front door as I use public transport so for me it’s too far to go.

By *ornucopiaMan 41 weeks ago

Bexley

"Do we know how long the club is planning to be here? I recall when it opened it was only supposed to be for a couple of years due to it being on a development site. "

Sounds like somewhere else we all know and love.

Planning permisssion for luxury residences?

By *orthernkMan 41 weeks ago

wokingham and the toon

Heathrow expansion if i recall..those plans are on hold now I believe so hopefully open for a while yet!

Hythe

"Do we know how long the club is planning to be here? I recall when it opened it was only supposed to be for a couple of years due to it being on a development site.

Sounds like somewhere else we all know and love.

Planning permisssion for luxury residences?"

Nothing like Eureka at all. It was all to do with the Heathrow expansion which isn’t going ahead for the time being.

All over England

G the easiest way is to play on the bed at the back together & pull the ticka barrier across to stop unwanted attention, & invite through onto the bed anyone else you see & like the look of "

That is a nice bit of innovation if you need some time alone in the cinema

By *owboyactionMan 41 weeks ago

Barosa

Have to say love the darkroom and the cinema. So much fun and certainly on a couples night!

By *weetCruellaWoman 41 weeks ago

somewhere sweet and sour

I haven't been for a while but I love it there. People (well most) are super friendly and nice. The facilities are not bad and its def a nice way to relax and unwind.

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan 41 weeks ago

Road to Samarkand

Haven't been for a while, but the team are lovely and Tasha is a star.

By *uestbucksMan 41 weeks ago

Land locked

I really like the venue, very chilled and met some fabulous people there...

so much fun I am heading there tomorrow to chill and enjoy the atmosphere... hope to meet some new friends for some fun chats and see where things lead.

All over England

As this thread has some traction with club fans, could anyone recommend the Thursday afternoon Silk and Skins event (or is it just a normal spa afternoon in reality)? Thanks

By *urreyVixenStagCouple 41 weeks ago

Staines

"As this thread has some traction with club fans, could anyone recommend the Thursday afternoon Silk and Skins event (or is it just a normal spa afternoon in reality)? Thanks"

It gives people the opportunity to be able to wear underwear should they wish. This is especially nice for newbies who are perhaps a little nervous about being nude. The wet areas are still naturist, however.

All over England

Thanks for the info. Will invite a friend as she likes to show off her lingerie!

This is by far one of my favourite clubs in the UK

By *tsJustKateWoman 41 weeks ago

London

I've been to Kestrels on many occasions, the old venue and the current venue and always found it to be friendly and well run.

I don't see any reason for criticism whatsoever!

By *ragon007Man 41 weeks ago

london

So the actual location and faculties are very good. Dark room is excellent.couples night is good .But they can control the male to couples ratios on certain days and some staff are Just plain rude which is not needed .Also supposed manager do argue on the forums and I did have to remind them about GDPR lol.

One of the safest and clean venues we have been too. The staff are fabulous and the cocktails certainly add to the evening. We always feel so welcomed

I love the place. Can’t wait to return when I’m back.

By *ain and sortedMan 40 weeks ago

Old Harlow Essex

I've always had a great time here, well run, nice people attend and staff realy spot on. Pool and hot tubs great and cinema beats imax hands down

By *ancelot1633Man 40 weeks ago

Bournmouth

Kestrels old and New are great. Love spending time there. The staff have always been fab, fun and lovely. Old management left something to be desired but hindsight is always 20/20. Wouldnt hesitate to reccomend it. Planning a trip really soon

By *ornucopiaMan 40 weeks ago

Bexley

"Kestrels old and New are great. "

Ah! That sentence appeals to the pedant in me, almost!

By *ancelot1633Man 40 weeks ago

Bournmouth

[Removed by poster at 30/07/23 18:19:48]

» Add a new message to this topic