FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Single guy discrimination

Single guy discrimination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ellraiser 66 OP   Man 39 weeks ago

West Midlands

As a married single guy I always feel this site is at best of times difficult, I did not expect it to be equally as difficult gaining membership of a club.

Im not going to mention the club but to apply you need one couple verification in 12 months, photos and a bio.So far that makes perfect sense.

I have 3 verifications, I will admit my bio isnt war and peace and I only have a few photos and was refused an application. I asked why and was told my bio wasnt big enough and photos were grainy.

The thing that annoyed me was....we like to ensure safety and comfort to all our guests.

My P##s is really boiling

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

"Married single guy" - there's a dilemma

OP I guess you just weren't meeting the club's requirements for whatever reason. Some clubs or party promoters vet applications by photos/body size and sometimes the gents membership is full or has a waiting list.

There are plenty of clubs around, if you didn't feel welcomed at one then try another.

By *ink vixenCouple 39 weeks ago

Medway

You say that you only have a few photos but we can see only one which was apparently taken with a Polaroid camera possibly in 1979.

You’re right though the club are being dicks about it.

By *allBeardedGentlemanMan 39 weeks ago

Always travelling

Lol you complain about verifications and discrimination when youve put zero effort into your profile. You have one blurry image of yourself (where you can barely see anything) and a 3 line bio that says nothing about you.

Improve your profile and you'll have plenty more meets

By *otSoPetiteMortWoman 39 weeks ago

Hertfordshire

So they want a photo that clearly shows your facial features so that you're easily recognised, and you think a blurry photo like that with a hat where you could easily be mistaken for any other Man should be acceptable???

By *eeliciouschaosWoman 39 weeks ago

Wherever

What are you complaining about exactly?

Clubs having standards to make sure the selection of members is on point?

I cannot comment on your profile as you didn’t specifically ask for profile advice but if you put equal effort in your membership application club did the right thing I’m afraid OP.

West Midlands

"What are you complaining about exactly?

I cannot comment on your profile as you didn’t specifically ask for profile advice but if you put equal effort in your membership application club did the right thing I’m afraid OP. "

I could put any old rubbish into my bio.....post any photos on to my profile and that would be ok??

I also was told I could attend other nights...but not these type of nights.

By *elkieWoman 39 weeks ago

Durham

I cannot comment on your profile as you didn’t specifically ask for profile advice but if you put equal effort in your membership application club did the right thing I’m afraid OP.

I could put any old rubbish into my bio.....post any photos on to my profile and that would be ok??

"

Yes. It’s a vetted event at a private members club. You have no right to feel welcome, it’s entirely on whether you fit the feel they want for the night or not.

By *Four_uCouple 39 weeks ago

Nr Blackpool

It's unfair to say that the club discriminates against single men, they just don't think you will fit in with the particular event they are running.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 39 weeks ago

Cumbria

"

You’re coming across as very entitled. The club has entry requirements for an event, you don’t meet them. That is on you, not the club.

By *unguy0069Man 39 weeks ago

Reigate

You probably lost them at “Hellraiser”.

By *iss DevilWoman 39 weeks ago

Bedford

OP, most clubs, particularly the ones open during the day (I am only assuming that would be best for you, going by your marital status, but apologies if that's not the case) are oversubscribed by men. As those are "private members clubs", they have every right to set up their own membership requirement, as well as limit access to certain events and even have a pricing structure that appears to be "discriminating" against particular gender. You knew the requirements before, I'd assume, yet you still chose to apply and now you're throwing your toys out of the pram for being turned down. Improve your profile and try again or look for another club with different requirements? The choice is yours, OP.

By *apperleymanMan 39 weeks ago

Nottingham

There are clubs out there that don’t require membership..

However if you were looking for sympathy then this is the wrong place, look at the above comments, improve your profile a bit.

In general single males are the cash cows of the swinging club trade - this is known and has been discussed as infinitum on here.. not about to change anytime soon.

Good look anyhoo..

"You probably lost them at “Hellraiser”."

Yep I would suggest a name change and a review of photos. I would also suggest you get over the club refusal, it has happened to us, certain events want certain types to attend, if you don’t fit the bill don’t take it personally, move on. I’m sure other places will accept you

By * pervert in a PeartreeMan 39 weeks ago

city of Lodon

It's not discrimination against all single guys, just guys that don't meet the criteria.

They have even given you some useful feedback.

By *ebauchery DivineWoman 39 weeks ago

Down in Dickleburgh Drive

I'd be interested to know what club that is, never heard of a club giving out membership based on your fab profile.

By *umblefunMan 39 weeks ago

London/ South East

Yes OP it’s frustrating, but as another poster said “you’ve come to the wrong place for sympathy” we are cash cows, so just move onto greener pastures.

By *orny-DJMan 39 weeks ago

Leigh-on-Sea

I hate to break it to you OP, but if you're married, you're not single.

There's no such thing as a 'married single guy'

By *toC Thats MeWoman 39 weeks ago

Sheffield

It’s not single guy discrimination. Certain clubs and events vet single women and couples also.

By *aughtyNaughtyCouple69Couple 39 weeks ago

Suffolk

"You probably lost them at “Hellraiser”."

This is hillarious haha

"As a married single guy I always feel this site is at best of times difficult, I did not expect it to be equally as difficult gaining membership of a club.

Im not going to mention the club but to apply you need one couple verification in 12 months, photos and a bio.So far that makes perfect sense.

I have 3 verifications, I will admit my bio isnt war and peace and I only have a few photos and was refused an application. I asked why and was told my bio wasnt big enough and photos were grainy.

The thing that annoyed me was....we like to ensure safety and comfort to all our guests.

My P##s is really boiling"

If they've given you reasons why have you assumed that they're discriminating against you cause you're a single man

Also what is a "single married guy" ?

By *estinysswingersCouple 39 weeks ago

Worsley

Maybe clubs should have a new entry fee and process for ‘married single guys’

West Midlands

"As a married single guy I always feel this site is at best of times difficult, I did not expect it to be equally as difficult gaining membership of a club.

If they've given you reasons why have you assumed that they're discriminating against you cause you're a single man

Also what is a "single married guy" ?"

Married guy that visits clubs alone.

Was told the comfort and safety of clients was most important.....but I was welcome to visit on other nights.......thats not discrimination??

Cumbria

Was told the comfort and safety of clients was most important.....but I was welcome to visit on other nights.......thats not discrimination??"

No, it’s not. They have criteria, you don’t meet them.

West Midlands

Was told the comfort and safety of clients was most important.....but I was welcome to visit on other nights.......thats not discrimination??

No, it’s not. They have criteria, you don’t meet them."

I fit every part of there criteria to gain membership!

By *cnugatugMan 39 weeks ago

Chatham

I got confused after 5 words uhhhm

Cumbria

I fit every part of there criteria to gain membership!"

Clearly not.

What night/ event are you wanting to attend?

If you feel discriminated against what are you going to do about it?

Bedford

OP, you clearly don't meet that club's requirement, not on this particular night/event. If you re-read the comment I left above, most swingers clubs ARE private members clubs and they can legally put whatever requirement they want. They don't even have to tell you why, though some of them are really obvious- for example, club I attend regularly requires all single guys wanting to attend a bi night to have an openly bi or bi-curious profile on here or have a profile on Fab Guys. Which I believe is absolutely common sense- why would a straight man want to attend an event geared for bi or gay men?

Either follow the club's kind request for longer bio and better photos (I wouldn't think that was rocket science) or look for another club. Simples! Thread closed

By *emptress and GentCouple 39 weeks ago

nr Leeds / London

Op, you have put more effort into this thread than you have fixing either of the things you were declined for. Why not take a photo and update your bio trying to improve your chances rather than come and moan? You need to put more than the minimum effort in.

By *he Silver FuxMan 39 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

They have literally informed you of what needs to be fixed in your profile to be considered for membership.

The behaviour of single guys in the clubs is one of the most important things for management to stay focused on. After an incident (and it’s almost ALWAYS a single male) everyone thinks the same thing ‘who let him in the club’.

If you didn't invite someone to your private party because you don't think they are the right fit for the other people going, are you equally discriminating?

Should you be obliged to invite them to your private event just because they asked?

By *elshmumWoman 39 weeks ago

South Wales

From the point of view of a single woman who attends clubs, I am glad they are being so selective and picky. I have never once had an issue or seen an issue in clubs with woman not adhering to the rule no means no. But I have seen and been target by alot of men who do not take no for an answer. And your profile is pretty poor, I am sorry.

You obviously don't. And they gave you feedback why you don't.

Your behaviour on this thread is showing they that probably made the right decision

By *hilledGuyClactonMan 39 weeks ago

Clacton on sea

Won't read the thread

But easy solution upload more face pictures,not ones that are blurry.

Also fill out you Bio more

Two very simple things to do if you really wanted to attend the club

Bedford

Wow, well done, OP, you finally listened and improved things! However, don't you know how old you are???

"Wow, well done, OP, you finally listened and improved things! However, don't you know how old you are??? "

LMAO

By *cnugatugMan 39 weeks ago

Chatham

Simply put mate and sorry to sound harsh but get over it and try another club no point getting all pisy about it

By *ustus555Couple 39 weeks ago

NG 21

A married single guy????????

Well which one is it

"A married single guy????????

Well which one is it "

Sorry but I actually laughed out loud at this!!

West Midlands

Thanks for your advise, glad to have entertained you over the past couple of days. Unfortunately I cant change the DOB on my profile, but am genuinely 51

You come across as an entitled banker who has no idea how this lifestyle works.

This site is about swinging. If you want a cheap shag then go on adult work and leave us lot alone.

» Add a new message to this topic