FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Bad reviews

Bad reviews

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you went to a club and thought it was basically crap or dirty. Would you leave a bad re_iew?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lectriceelMan  over a year ago

around

Well after seeing what is written about people that have done about one place in Blackpool I'd now think twice

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes I have done in the past.

If a re_iew is honest that should be all that matters, it should be an honest re_iew of the club on the night you attended as long as the comments are balanced and fair even if they are negative then I see no issue.

If it was down to me those that use the club re_iew section as a means to bully those who leave VALID negative re_iews would be banned/stopped from commenting on the section for a period of time.

Leave an honest re_iew, the good clubs with decent management will take on board your comments and hopefully act on them. If people choose to get personal over the comments/re_iews then block and report to admin.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I was just about to put up a thread about whether the way that some people defend clubs after bad re_iews and attack the people who leave them actually does more damage to a club than the actual re_iew does...

to give the owners credit in your situation they took it on the chin, and responded in a fair manner which is the way it should be dealt with..... but some owners see it as a personal slight and go and a reason to then abuse the people who left the offending opinion.... and then people go out like a pack of wild dogs to defend it..

remember not everyone is going to like every club, you are not going to please everyone.....

we have now see examples of it from an owner in london who has had the club removed... owners in york asking to have their club removed... and incidents in blackpool and derby where owners have blasted back...

I wonder if that is some of the reason why people back off going to clubs, knowing how they could be treated if they don't like it......

That's what we thought that it doesn't seem to be the owners as much that get all defensive it seems to be other members. We think it does more damage to a club when members have a go because of a re_iew. Don't think it really shows a club as welcoming even though its a small % of members that do it.

Just thought we would ask as we were talking about holiday re_iews aswell which seem to be the opposite. Where generally people don't seem to leave good re_iews but only negative. Or at least on the websites we have been on.

Bristol

I think its true that almost every club has an element of the fanatical who turn up every week think of it as "their" club and get a little bit too entrenched in that mantra, just like a local pub. I can understand it "we love it so everyone should love it".

But in their zeal to defend what they love a lot of them go too far, personal insults ? off colour pms ? its just not on.

For the most part there is little a club can do about its clientel being a bit "nutty" about the club and its a real shame they dont see the damage their attitude does the club, instead of helping it like they aim too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Everyone is different so everyone will have differing opinions of what's good and what's bad. I've always believed everyone's _iew is valid if its a balanced opinion whether i agree or not i respect it.

I agree the minority who wage war on someone who didn't enjoy their visit to a club are doing the club far more damage than the negative re_iew posted by one person.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Yes we visited a club and gave it the awful re_iew it deserved,the owners lied to us before we got there too.so gave it bad re_iew will not be going back,luckily we have found a great club with great owners and gave it a great re_iew ,so back there on Saturday yipeeeee lol

By *ecret TwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Huddersfield

"That's what we thought that it doesn't seem to be the owners as much that get all defensive it seems to be other members. We think it does more damage to a club when members have a go because of a re_iew. Don't think it really shows a club as welcoming even though its a small % of members that do it.

Just thought we would ask as we were talking about holiday re_iews aswell which seem to be the opposite. Where generally people don't seem to leave good re_iews but only negative. Or at least on the websites we have been on. "

We take bad re_iews on the chin and learn from them. I don't believe your re_iew was 100% true but close. I didn't want to responded to your second bit you added as that's not a re_iew and defeats the object of a re_iew system. we never as our members to leave re_iews as thats not right. but i do ask people not to constantly post them. It would of been better putting the second bit on here for a response.

We would of rather you mentioned issues to us on the night as some of them could of been sorted. We are very limited on space hence why there was some stuff in the tub room.

If you have had abuse off anyone with ref to your re_iew I would like to know via email.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I have done before. My re_iew was scathing but honest. Just like me!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Just thought we would ask as we were talking about holiday re_iews aswell which seem to be the opposite. Where generally people don't seem to leave good re_iews but only negative. Or at least on the websites we have been on. "

actually.... that is an interesting slant, and in that respect you are correct

if we get what we perceive to be bad service in other industries... such as holidays or things in the service industry then people are prepared to complain or write re_iews...

so in effect are swinging clubs any different?

Well what you put on wasn't a re_iew. I put it on there as a response to what you and others had put on regarding our re_iew.

As for mentioning it on the night while we were there. We wouldn't of felt comfortable pointing things out and then staying any longer anyway. Surely that's what re_iews are there for to let other people know what you thought. As for being a small club and not having space that isn't the customers problem. That is the business owners problem

We've had a few arsey comments over our re_iew from people but more messages agreeing with what we wrote but didn't have the balls to say it( that's there words not ours)

By *orthwest_cplCouple  over a year ago

Stretford

Surely the response to a negative re_iew depends on the way the re_iew was written in the first place. Personally, we see no value in the re_iew system whatsoever because apart from telling you what the facilities are, which you can get from the website, they are either over the top with fulsome praise or deliberately derogatory. We rarely recognise a club that we've been to from a re_iew.

What is the motive behind leaving such a negative re_iew after a first visit? What happened to make someone go out of their way to slag a place off? Why not speak to the management on the night and voice concerns rather than posting on the internet?

We have been to very many clubs here and abroad. Some were not for us, some we had awful nights in, but it is such a personal thng that it is quite possibly our problem rather than the fault of the club. If a club is that bad (for us) we just don't go back.

"

Just thought we would ask as we were talking about holiday re_iews aswell which seem to be the opposite. Where generally people don't seem to leave good re_iews but only negative. Or at least on the websites we have been on.

if we get what we perceive to be bad service in other industries... such as holidays or things in the service industry then people are prepared to complain or write re_iews...

so in effect are swinging clubs any different?"

We'll we decided that on other sites were you might leave a re_iew you are annonymous were as on here you are in a community sort of thing were people know each other

Huddersfield

"

so in effect are swinging clubs any different?"

No there no different Fabio, it's a service we offer and like all businesses they have to expect bad re_iews etc.

I don't mind bad re_iews as it proves that you can't please everyone. At the end of the day we are trying to make ours one if the best. It will take years but people have to remember there's only us two that do all the work. Cleaning, building, decorating etc etc as well as our home life and kids. It's funny how so many people think its just 3 or 4 days a week, 4 to 6 hours a day when open. I wish it was that simple. I feel widowed to Dean and his mac as he spends more time with it than he does me x

Newcastle and Gateshead

but if you get 20 good re_iews and 1 bad one, I don't see why people go out so much and so hard to discredit that one that doesn't agree with their opinion.....

up to a point I do agree that any bad re_iew should try and be factual, but as I said, I don't think people go out to destroy competition with re_iews, so why then do some many go and attack the people who leave them

somewhere the truth always lies between the gushing and the scathing......

"Surely the response to a negative re_iew depends on the way the re_iew was written in the first place. Personally, we see no value in the re_iew system whatsoever because apart from telling you what the facilities are, which you can get from the website, they are either over the top with fulsome praise or deliberately derogatory. We rarely recognise a club that we've been to from a re_iew.

What is the motive behind leaving such a negative re_iew after a first visit? What happened to make someone go out of their way to slag a place off? Why not speak to the management on the night and voice concerns rather than posting on the internet?

We have been to very many clubs here and abroad. Some were not for us, some we had awful nights in, but it is such a personal thng that it is quite possibly our problem rather than the fault of the club. If a club is that bad (for us) we just don't go back.

"

A club isn't going to out up bad pictures on the website now are they.

How can it be the persons problem rather than the clubs. At the end of the day they want money from customers so it is there problem.

As I have already said we wouldn't feel comfortable saying look this is what we don't like on the night.

Huddersfield

"Well what you put on wasn't a re_iew. I put it on there as a response to what you and others had put on regarding our re_iew.

As for mentioning it on the night while we were there. We wouldn't of felt comfortable pointing things out and then staying any longer anyway. Surely that's what re_iews are there for to let other people know what you thought. As for being a small club and not having space that isn't the customers problem. That is the business owners problem

We've had a few arsey comments over our re_iew from people but more messages agreeing with what we wrote but didn't have the balls to say it( that's there words not ours)"

That's very true but if you have a read tho the terms and conditions on here club owners can leave replies to re_iews if they feel they need to. No one else had mentioned your re_iew I don't think but will check. They had only left there own opinion.

No your right it's not the customers problem but when limited for space what else can you do. The wood you mentioned in the passage was not in the passage as such but hid away in a corner.

You should not of had any arsey comments as I don't agree with that but I also don't agree that people feel they can't leave there honest thoughts on any clubs.

Huddersfield

"but if you get 20 good re_iews and 1 bad one, I don't see why people go out so much and so hard to discredit that one that doesn't agree with their opinion.....

up to a point I do agree that any bad re_iew should try and be factual, but as I said, I don't think people go out to destroy competition with re_iews, so why then do some many go and attack the people who leave them

"

Exactly Fabio

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

As people who go to many clubs, we would only leave a bad re_iew if a club had been VERY bad. For instance if there was a real hazard to health due to bad wiring or fittings etc.

If we'd been to a club and didn't get to play with others then we regard that as down to us and no fault of a clubs.

But if we go to a club and it is fantastically excellent, and we have been to those also, well we want to shout it from the rooftops !!! We want more people to go to that club, we want first timers to go to that club, we want that club to succeed big time, as then it should get even better.

John & Shel

Bristol

"

"

Ideally you would hope that people would be capable of leaving a balanced re_iew but it seems like its something very few people are capable of doing.

Stretford

"

How can it be the persons problem rather than the clubs. At the end of the day they want money from customers so it is there problem.

As I have already said we wouldn't feel comfortable saying look this is what we don't like on the night. "

If we don't like a club when we visit yet there are many satisfied customers there then surely it is our problem - it is us that have chosen the wrong club (for us) to visit.

We've been to 40+ clubs here and abroad - how can all of those possibly be exactly what we are looking for? Some are bound to be way off the mark, so should we slag them off just because we didn't have a good night?

"If you went to a club and thought it was basically crap or dirty. Would you leave a bad re_iew?

"

Yes definitely, anything else would be misleading. Everyone has standards they will accept so should try to make a fair and just re_iew without influential comments that others can consider. Personally we are not much interested in the club scene anymore for our own reasons. Cleanliness is in our eyes very important, and establishments should provide an entertainment value and comfortable setting to justify the entrance fee.

"

As I have already said we wouldn't feel comfortable saying look this is what we don't like on the night.

If we don't like a club when we visit yet there are many satisfied customers there then surely it is our problem - it is us that have chosen the wrong club (for us) to visit.

We've been to 40+ clubs here and abroad - how can all of those possibly be exactly what we are looking for? Some are bound to be way off the mark, so should we slag them off just because we didn't have a good night?

"

A re_iew is about the place and the effort to provide a suitable venue. Judging it by each visit is inaccurate and unhelpful. The big picture is more useful, but sadly this way of thinking is often ignored in favour of judgment. Clubs are there to make money and profit, as a business and should provide an acceptable environment as the scene has many risks. There is an element of "whatever you do someone wont be happy" but we all know what general "acceptable" means. We have visited places in the past that blatantly have no concern beyond profit, these we never visit again and leave a "useful" re_iew if one at all.

"

"

But that's the problem people are scared of putting up bad re_iews about somewhere for the backlash they might get. I have not slagged off a club because i had a bad night.

It depends why you didnt like the club when you went. Was it dirty, had a bad smell, friendly people there, or crap lying about that shouldnt really be there. I commented on what I thought needed done to the place to make it more appealing to everyone that goes there whether they have fun or not.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I personally think mentioning it to the club management on the night is good, then posting a constructive re_iew that covers the areas that need improving is cool.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

not always... I think it very much depends on why you didn't enjoy the night... if it is because you didn't find people compatible to play with, then yes that is not the clubs fault and I personally won't leave a bad re_iew..

but if your "standard" is higher than others in the terms of facilities and what you expect from a club itself then I think you can rightly leave a re_iew as long as it is about the club and your perceptions of it... i am all for constructive criticism as long as that is what any bad re_iew is...

i would never say avoid a club let peaple judge for them selfs

Huddersfield

"I personally think mentioning it to the club management on the night is good, then posting a constructive re_iew that covers the areas that need improving is cool.

"

My point exactly, I'd rather people mentioned it on the night as something could then be done about it. Well depending what the issues are x

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

The club we visited was over 100 miles from where we lived .fair enough the weather was bad .but on phoning the owners assured us they always got at turnout of over 20 couples.,we drove there took us an hour and a half.were invited in got a tour shown to pur room which was nice.went down stairs .they could not wait to get room fee .memberdsip fee and entry fee.was told we were early so have some drinks,big mistake now can't drive,after about an hour only four people arrived,,hostess sent message through saying she was ill and would not be coming down.we went to our room .and came down following morning,where I had words with owner,he claimed he tried to contact all guests .I told him my phone was on all the time we had a row.no offer of entrance refun. Or membership,we used room so did not expect that .no apology. Hence we got home and gave re_iew they deserved,no they didn't like it ,tough.got a load of empty threats,thankfully we have found some decent clubs

Huddersfield

"i would never say avoid a club let peaple judge for them selfs "

I agree that avoid is harsh, in the re_iew in question I do feel it was to harsh. To be honest I thought the re_iew was ok, it mentioned the good bits and the bad bits. But people have to understand when decorating rooms etc its not just a tin of paint !!

Stretford

"

but if your "standard" is higher than others in the terms of facilities and what you expect from a club itself then I think you can rightly leave a re_iew as long as it is about the club and your perceptions of it... "

That is precisely the point. If my standards are higher than the club provides, yet there are clearly plenty of other people enjoying the place on the night, then I have chosen the wrong club. Why then write a re_iew telling people to avoid when I have no idea what their standards are?

Leaving avoid re_iews after a one-off visit and saying nothing at the time seems to me to be wrong. If you have queried the problems and had no satisfaction on the night then possibly a poor re_iew might be in order, but to say nothing then write a bad re_iew does not seem to be the best way to go about things.

If you want a more or less perfect club try Fun4two in Holland but be prepared to pay a lot more than an average club entrance in the UK and the excellent facilities still won't guarantee you a good night.

Huddersfield

"

Leaving avoid re_iews after a one-off visit and saying nothing at the time seems to me to be wrong. If you have queried the problems and had no satisfaction on the night then possibly a poor re_iew might be in order, but to say nothing then write a bad re_iew does not seem to be the best way to go about things."

This is exactly my point. I would rather people say something on the night.

The original poster of the thread, didn't mention it's the first club they have ever visited etc etc.

"i would never say avoid a club let peaple judge for them selfs

I agree that avoid is harsh, in the re_iew in question I do feel it was to harsh. To be honest I thought the re_iew was ok, it mentioned the good bits and the bad bits. But people have to understand when decorating rooms etc its not just a tin of paint !! "

well we didnt think it was harsh because if a friend asked us if we thought they should go we would say no avoid it and try some where else first.

i agree it may not just be a tin of paint needed but it would help. you are the business owners. we owned a restaurant and wouldnt of dared opened it up till it was finished and to a suitable standard

"

Leaving avoid re_iews after a one-off visit and saying nothing at the time seems to me to be wrong. If you have queried the problems and had no satisfaction on the night then possibly a poor re_iew might be in order, but to say nothing then write a bad re_iew does not seem to be the best way to go about things.

This is exactly my point. I would rather people say something on the night.

The original poster of the thread, didn't mention it's the first club they have ever visited etc etc. "

i dont see what that has to do with anything if it is the first club we have been to and by pointing that out in an open forum just goes to show that you shouldnt be trusted with anyones personal details.

i would still expect a standard of cleanleness and not expect building materials to be left lying around in places open to the customers

let peaple see for them selfs a friend of mine told me not to go to a club and avoid so i went and i liked it not every ones the same

Newcastle and Gateshead

can we leave this thread general instead of talking about a specific case... because it is interesting, and I wouldn't want to be closed by a moderator...

it is a very interesting conversation

if you wouldn't leave re_iews on one-off visits, then isn't the whole re_iew thing skewed?...

lets say you were to visit a restaurant, and on the first visit the service was awful and the food was disgusting, you wouldn't go back...

but if you are then only leaving re_iews for places you would go back to, then you would never see a bad re_iew and the whole point of re_iews would be flawed....

"let peaple see for them selfs a friend of mine told me not to go to a club and avoid so i went and i liked it not every ones the same "

well it works the other way round as well some one could tell you to go to a club and you could absolutley hate it. it is your own opinion on the place and if you would recommend it. by saying avoid you obviously wouldnt recommend it. plus the next option is ok which i didnt think it was

Personally I don’t think the re_iew was too harsh at all. That’s the whole point of a re_iew isn’t it?? to be honest about what you thought about the place whether good or bad? People should be entitled to their opinion. To the people on this forum post who have said re_iews are pointless, it depends on the people there on the night etc,etc all I can say is that before I visit places I read a few re_iews to see what the majority of people thought about the place, but I prefer people to be honest in what they say. PandH haven’t been rude about anyone in attendance that night, they have been honest about their opinion on the venue.

The owners have agreed that there are still parts that need decorating, so PandH were right on that score, its apparently also true that there were only a few people there, hot tub in a room which had building materials & old lockers etc in? right on that score again, so I’m wondering which part of the re_iew is (according to the club) not 100% true?

Also I noticed that the club’s response to the ‘old razors on floor query’ was that they had checked that morning and found nothing…… personally that makes me wonder about the cleanliness of the place if they had guests on Saturday night, and didn’t get around to cleaning (or even checking the premises) until Tuesday? Plus, just because there was no evidence of razors on Tuesday, doesn’t mean to say they weren’t there on Saturday night, am I right?

Can I just add that as PandH rightly stated, the club has absolutely no right to share personal details of their visitors on open public forums, and as such have proved they can’t really be trusted with people’s personal information, when they have bought up the fact that they haven’t been to a club before. Regardless, I’m sure they read your website first, and had a good idea what to expect.

I am also disappointed to read that you state clearly on your website you only let a select few single males in on a Saturday that are known to you and who you trust, yet you have admitted there was a bloke in attendance on Saturday night who you didn’t know, and hadn’t met before. I expect couples/single fems that choose a Saturday night to attend for that specific reason will be extremely disappointed to know you haven’t stuck to your own rules – I know I am.

"can we leave this thread general instead of talking about a specific case... because it is interesting, and I wouldn't want to be closed by a moderator...

it is a very interesting conversation

if you wouldn't leave re_iews on one-off visits, then isn't the whole re_iew thing skewed?...

lets say you were to visit a restaurant, and on the first visit the service was awful and the food was disgusting, you wouldn't go back...

but if you are then only leaving re_iews for places you would go back to, then you would never see a bad re_iew and the whole point of re_iews would be flawed...."

that is what i was trying to get at with holdiay re_iews. people only seem to bother going on websites and leaving a re_iew if they have had a bad experience. surely having both bad and good re_iews would give a better _iew of the place to people that havent already been.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"can we leave this thread general instead of talking about a specific case... because it is interesting, and I wouldn't want to be closed by a moderator...

...."

"

but if your "standard" is higher than others in the terms of facilities and what you expect from a club itself then I think you can rightly leave a re_iew as long as it is about the club and your perceptions of it...

That is precisely the point. If my standards are higher than the club provides, yet there are clearly plenty of other people enjoying the place on the night, then I have chosen the wrong club. Why then write a re_iew telling people to avoid when I have no idea what their standards are?

If you want a more or less perfect club try Fun4two in Holland but be prepared to pay a lot more than an average club entrance in the UK and the excellent facilities still won't guarantee you a good night."

We'll why write a re_iew telling people it's fabulous and to go when they might have higher standards than yourself. works both ways

By *usicatCouple  over a year ago

Altrincham

definately, ...it's so important to be honest, but also to explain why it was "crap"...I am so surprised not to see more negative re_iews.

"definately, ...it's so important to be honest, but also to explain why it was "crap"...I am so surprised not to see more negative re_iews."

We'll we've had quiet a few messages off people saying they don't want to leave negative re_iews because of the backlash people have had for doing so

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

There was a post a while ago in the feedback forum saying it might be a good idea to change the drop down menu in the club re_iew page. Instead of 'avoid, OK, fun, fabulous' maybe go for 'not for me/us, average, good, excellent', and add a rating system for cleanliness, music, porn being played ( ) and overall experience. And allow club owners a right of reply to the re_iew, not just posting on their own club page, or (heaven forbid) messaging the re_iewer privately with the problems that might entail.

I honestly think that having an 'avoid' rating when people have different likes and dislikes, wants and not-wants, is like a red rag to a bull. What I enjoy (lots of single men, small club etc) others may hate.

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

for real?? so may adults and hardly any understand a re_iew system lol... if i went to a club and did not like it, for what ever reason i would state that i dont care if no one else agreed with me, thats the whole point of a re_iew lol, its someones own personal re_iew. people dont hold back when they love a place why should someone hold back when it really did not go well for them?!

All this talk of opinions yes we are all entitled to one .we were at the club Saturday evening and we were the only couple to stay in the building overnight .I commented on the status regarding the razor blades as I did not see any on floor on the Saturday evening or the Sunday morning and when you are sitting on the toilet lol you tend to have a good look at the room .whether these had been picked up or not I do not know . I also mentioned the hot tub area well to keep it short where would dean be able to store the equipment he was using moving it to another room is not solving anything and if he was to remove it the work would never get finished .i respect every one has a right to speak there mind and that includes the people who enjoy the club .as for the remark about me being bias because we used to be part owners the correct word is yea used to be ,I have no reason to lie I was stating I did not see the blades like I said I must have blinked .my _iew is if people want to leave re_iews by all means do so but expect people in return to leave there _iews after all we all have one x

"All this talk of opinions yes we are all entitled to one .we were at the club Saturday evening and we were the only couple to stay in the building overnight .I commented on the status regarding the razor blades as I did not see any on floor on the Saturday evening or the Sunday morning and when you are sitting on the toilet lol you tend to have a good look at the room .whether these had been picked up or not I do not know . I also mentioned the hot tub area well to keep it short where would dean be able to store the equipment he was using moving it to another room is not solving anything and if he was to remove it the work would never get finished .i respect every one has a right to speak there mind and that includes the people who enjoy the club .as for the remark about me being bias because we used to be part owners the correct word is yea used to be ,I have no reason to lie I was stating I did not see the blades like I said I must have blinked .my _iew is if people want to leave re_iews by all means do so but expect people in return to leave there _iews after all we all have one x"

We'll we were there for about 2 hours and they were on the floor the whole time we were there. I'm am not going to make up things for a re_iew.

Not having space to store equipment isn't my problem, i didnt think it was a good idea so commented on it. If we went in the hot tub it would if been like sitting in one in the middle of b&q.

I do think you are biased.

My re_iew didn't comment on any of the good re_iews that have been put on there saying there wrong but soon as a bad re_iew is place on the regulars jump on it. What a surprise.

Your right everyone is entitled to an opinion unless it doesn't meet the regulars _iews.

Plus regarding the razor blades. It was commented on the re_iews on the Tuesday (about 60 hours later) that they had just checked which doesn't fill you with much confidence on a good cleaning routine.

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

From a club owners and previously as a regular at other clubs point of _iew, a well administered re_iew section is a useful tool.

The people that say regulars swamp it with positive re_iews are making a valid point, however, just by scanning down the page you can see the repeat posters and if you wish ignore them or read them and as with all re_iews take them with a pinch of salt!

Likewise if you see an obviously bad re_iew that singles out either members or members of staff for abuse or worse still making threats then you can see that there is obviously an axe to grind so that re_iew should also be taken with a pinch of salt or just ignored.

In the past, regulars from one club have put deliberately false and damning re_iews on of a rival club, but this kind of thing can't be stopped so as a club owner you just have to grin and bare it.

However if you look through a clubs re_iew section and discount the 10% that are over the top with praise and the 10% that are obviously over the top in criticism then you will be left with a useful number of mixed re_iews.

One last point before i get off my soap box is that i don't believe clubs should answer or get into an argument with people who leave negative comments. It is a re_iew section after all and not part of the discussion forum we are in now.

A lot of good.points have been made in this post....

The Blackpool re_iew was fair in my eyes....they made comments about decor etc etc acnd that basically they didn't like the club.....

Then for whatever reason all the regulars of that club start getting their thongs in a twist and ranting back in a re_iew area....come on people you make yourselves and the club look a little silly. Certainly put us off going as there appears to be a lot of clique regulars......as one previous poster put it....treating it like a local put .

For crying out loud instead of being childish you should be saying come and try the club again its a real good place.....not bitching about others....

Aren't we here for a little bit.of fun??? A negative re_iew wowee.....deal with it!!!!

I read on here that the owners of the club remove unwanted negative reveiws on here, and only leave the positive ones, thats really unfair as we made our decision to go to Connections after reading all those "positive" reveiws."

Club owners can't remove re_iews on here so not sure where you read that?

Admin x

Thank you Admin for clarifying that I can not remove any re_iews as owner of a club. All I can say to the person who has left the re_iew, is one man's meat is another man's poison, and if the re_iewer had taken the time to speak to others at the club, he may have had a better time, like other re_iewers have had in the past.

not fair to say i remove re_iews when i do not

" As people who go to many clubs, we would only leave a bad re_iew if a club had been VERY bad. For instance if there was a real hazard to health due to bad wiring or fittings etc.

If we'd been to a club and didn't get to play with others then we regard that as down to us and no fault of a clubs.

But if we go to a club and it is fantastically excellent, and we have been to those also, well we want to shout it from the rooftops !!! We want more people to go to that club, we want first timers to go to that club, we want that club to succeed big time, as then it should get even better.

John & Shel"

We have been to many clubs in North (shame none in South yet) but find that if you write a correct re_iew saying place was dirty staff horrible etc. one gets attacked by the "locals" per mails and in chat.

Also we have found that these "locals" write a negative re_iew over a club and at the same time (same evening) have been at their "local" having a great party... We know two club owners and they work hard long hours and loads of pain to keep their clubs running and it isn't fun. So it would be nice that Admin would have a mod checking these re_iews from time to time and also deleting the "multi" re_iews from locals as it gives a bad opinion to others (we think)... end of story

Having read this entire posting, and the previous few as well.

Isnt it time the re_iew section was deleted and a club listing replaced it.

Lots of re_iews are multiple made by a few of the members anyway.

Re_iews that dont go to regulars plans are attacked as well as those posting them.

After whats gone on the last few days, the number of people happy to post a negative re_iew are certainly dwindling fast.

We've noticed that some of the re_iews are cut and paste of someone else's re_iew. Exactly the same text and the same spelling mistakes as well. There is no way of proving that people leaving a re_iew has actually been to the club aswell which is a shame

Forum Mod

O o O oo

After reading a lot of the re_iews and taking a lot of bitching posts that were not re_iews off....I think a lot of people need to grow up.

I can't understand why anyone else needs to get involved if someone writes a re_iew be it good or bad, and it sure does put us off going to clubs if that is how people act on here and I am guessing we are not the only ones to think it.

I think it is in the clubs interest to ask these people to stop, as it isn't doing them any favours at all.

Yes I would do. I went to a club and it seemed that the standards had dropped. So I said so in the re_iew.

Any re_iew system is flawed, but to be honest we think its balances it self out and if the club is good it will recieve good feedback in abundance,

We always look at re_iews for clubs we wish to visit or revisit, and dont bother reading the regulars re_iews we look at the different re_iews from different people.

But we tend to make our own mind up on clubs or events,

We do try to give every club event at least 3 vists,

like some have said you might of just had a bad night! Didnt click with anyone or the club was quiet that night, but after a couple of visits if its still crap its crap in our eyes.

But we have been known to only give one chance to venues due to uncleanliness

bad facilites or broken.

But there should be a re_iew system of some sorts like there is on here.

With expenses of membership or entrance fee,s travel costs and hotels,

You dont want to be heading to a new club blind so to speak, and waste valued money and free time.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If thats a PM you're not supposed to post them on here.

"If you went to a club and thought it was basically crap or dirty. Would you leave a bad re_iew?

"

Theres no shame in posting a bad re_iew about a club, All clubs have their flaws and certain clubs are not for everybody however there where certain things you mentioned in your re_iew that could have easily been rectified if you had just mentioned it to the owners.

No club can be perfect yet the owners of secrets work themselves to the bone to ensure their customers are kept happy.

I think it is unfair to leave a bad re_iew if you havent spoken to the owners regarding some of your issues as they could have been solved in a much more discreet manner and you wouldnt have recieved so much backlash.

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

Not to add fire to this discussion but i can understand why people wouldn't want to discuss things on the night.

We have an average of 250 people here every Saturday night and in the last two years, apart from regulars, I think only three or four people have mentioned things to me.

Now although i would love to think that the several thousand party goers have all had a wonderful time here, i know that some have not. They haven't complained on the night for lots of reasons and i think that is just part of human nature so leaving a constructive re_iew bringing these points up in a re_iew is fine by me and in the past we have acted on issues raised and improved the parties by doing so.

I do however object to ridiculously bad re_iews left on here that can be a nightmare to be removed.

Just my thoughts !

"Not to add fire to this discussion but i can understand why people wouldn't want to discuss things on the night.

We have an average of 250 people here every Saturday night and in the last two years, apart from regulars, I think only three or four people have mentioned things to me.

Now although i would love to think that the several thousand party goers have all had a wonderful time here, i know that some have not. They haven't complained on the night for lots of reasons and i think that is just part of human nature so leaving a constructive re_iew bringing these points up in a re_iew is fine by me and in the past we have acted on issues raised and improved the parties by doing so.

I do however object to ridiculously bad re_iews left on here that can be a nightmare to be removed.

Just my thoughts !"

Some clubs are a lot lot smaller than yours though so it is quite easy to talk to the owners, it does seem odd however that certain things mentioned in the re_iew werent also picked up on or noticed by other members of the club on the same night.....

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

We love great re_iews but take on the bad ones too. From a negative re_iew can come a whole new positive Outcome. A bad re_iew of The Lodge has made us pull our socks up, by redecorating, refurbing or just generally changing procedures to make things better for the customer. After all they are what it is all about. So as long as the re_iewer has actually been to the venue and is not leaving a troll message then all feedback is greatfully acccepted. I do wish more people would actually approach us on the night of their visit and let us know if something is wrong, then we can do something about it there and then!

I would only ever leave a bad re_iew if I ever saw bad behaviour that was not dealt with the club management. I have seen one or two re_iews about this sort of thing and feel that these re_iews are justified.

"After reading a lot of the re_iews and taking a lot of bitching posts that were not re_iews off....I think a lot of people need to grow up.

I can't understand why anyone else needs to get involved if someone writes a re_iew be it good or bad, and it sure does put us off going to clubs if that is how people act on here and I am guessing we are not the only ones to think it. Angel

I think it is in the clubs interest to ask these people to stop, as it isn't doing them any favours at all."

Errr Rugger ask these people to stop sorry but serious that is a "joke" or not?

Certain groups target other clubs write bad re_iews and never have been to this club...so you are saying that the club owner has to go online then read all the re_iews and then try and track down the people who have posted a false and misleading re_iew and then politely ask them to remove the re_iew ?! Guess - time wasted 1 hour per day, result nothing... result club negative re_iew still there... Sorry but if a re_iew is def only there to target a club and get it bad re_iews then it's up to Admin to appoint mods to "patrol" the club section as if all clubs "leave" the clubs part, what is Fab going to do??? Point out google under club and town where you are??

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

Having read the OP's original re_iew of the club that is the subject of discussion we find it inconcievable that when he alledgedly found the razor blades "left lieing on the toilet floor" he didnt see fit to pick them up, or at the very least inform a member of staff.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"After reading a lot of the re_iews and taking a lot of bitching posts that were not re_iews off....I think a lot of people need to grow up.

I can't understand why anyone else needs to get involved if someone writes a re_iew be it good or bad, and it sure does put us off going to clubs if that is how people act on here and I am guessing we are not the only ones to think it. Angel

I think it is in the clubs interest to ask these people to stop, as it isn't doing them any favours at all.

Certain groups target other clubs write bad re_iews and never have been to this club...so you are saying that the club owner has to go online then read all the re_iews and then try and track down the people who have posted a false and misleading re_iew and then politely ask them to remove the re_iew ?! Guess - time wasted 1 hour per day, result nothing... result club negative re_iew still there... Sorry but if a re_iew is def only there to target a club and get it bad re_iews then it's up to Admin to appoint mods to "patrol" the club section as if all clubs "leave" the clubs part, what is Fab going to do??? Point out google under club and town where you are?? "

I think you misread my post.

I said that if the regulars of the clubs keep arguing on the club section with anyone who puts a bad re_iew up then maybe in the interest of the club the club owner should ask them to stop as it doesn't look good on his /her club.

If all the clubs leave the club section the site will still be here, the clubs are only a small section.

( my personal opinion )

Mods do "patrol" the club re_iew section and delete any posts that are NOT re_iews.

However we can't delete re_iews good or bad. If anyone thinks they are malicious re_iews then they need to report them with as much information as they can of why they think it is malicious.

"Having read the OP's original re_iew of the club that is the subject of discussion we find it inconcievable that when he alledgedly found the razor blades "left lieing on the toilet floor" he didnt see fit to pick them up, or at the very least inform a member of staff.

"

One would have thought they would have told SOMEONE about the problem.

After all you wouldnt want someone having an accident with a razor blade, and then say "I saw them as well, but didnt like to say anything"

Pointing out a problem like that would have been in everyone's interest after all.

Certain groups target other clubs write bad re_iews and never have been to this club...so you are saying that the club owner has to go online then read all the re_iews and then try and track down the people who have posted a false and misleading re_iew and then politely ask them to remove the re_iew ?! Guess - time wasted 1 hour per day, result nothing... result club negative re_iew still there... Sorry but if a re_iew is def only there to target a club and get it bad re_iews then it's up to Admin to appoint mods to "patrol" the club section as if all clubs "leave" the clubs part, what is Fab going to do??? Point out google under club and town where you are??

I think you misread my post.

I said that if the regulars of the clubs keep arguing on the club section with anyone who puts a bad re_iew up then maybe in the interest of the club the club owner should ask them to stop as it doesn't look good on his /her club.

If all the clubs leave the club section the site will still be here, the clubs are only a small section.

( my personal opinion )

Mods do "patrol" the club re_iew section and delete any posts that are NOT re_iews.

However we can't delete re_iews good or bad. If anyone thinks they are malicious re_iews then they need to report them with as much information as they can of why they think it is malicious."

Hmm then dont understand why then there are still re_iews on Fab which have been reported to Admin saying why the re_iew can not be (like that there were only 2 couples in the club that night due to snow and reason why this person [m] could not have been there) and the re_iew is still there negative and bad... same to this as we reported a guy who put us up on his profile as time wasters never meet us or even spoke to us just because we said "thanks but no don't want to meet".. Seems Admin has different _iews how their own rules are applied !

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I can't speak for how Admin deal with reports but from what they have said there has to be evidence that they can see before they act, that applies to club reports or profile reports.

Either way, if you have feedback for Admin of how they deal with reports the best thing to do is send it via the CONTACT link

» Add a new message to this topic