FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Bristol club scene ??

Bristol club scene ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With the unfortunate closure of Romeo's before xmas it now seems there is a massive lack of clubs in Bristol !!

We were interested to know what other couples etc in Bristol would want in a club ?? Centrally located ? Themes ? Opening times etc ? Wet facilities the list goes on ??

We would love to see a really good new club open up in Bristol and although there are some great clubs in surrounding areas we think its really about time Bristol had a decent club for all us Bristolians lol

Interested to hear other people views etc on this

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *mart-Bi-GuyMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Hi, myself and my fb used to use the Office quite regularly but the last couple of time we went it was empty. Not even many single guys for my greedy partner

A daytime session would be great as would a central location. Also bi nights?

One of the things we quite fancy would be a cinema where most things go

Like the idea of a wet play area.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Central location with good, free car parking would be great (but perhaps a little ambitious). Since i stopped driving my car BSC is a taxi home for us, which makes it a special treat rather than something we can enjoy regularly so something town centre ish would be so good-the office is a bit of a pain to get to and we havent heard the best things about it so we would rather go to BSC.

Definately a pool and hot tub-thats our favourite bit of the night!

BDSM room-we love a sex swing!

Occasional themed nights ie. Greedy girls, bi nights, BDSM nights etc.

With a discreet entrance and friendly people to run it!

Someone please do it!!!

Hiya,

Yeh the general concensus seems to be that the office is very quiet and doesnt really attract a large clientele

Daytime sessions are something to consider for sure, also a cinema is a great idea as these often work really well at the clubs we have been too

A wet play area would be good too

"Central location with good, free car parking would be great (but perhaps a little ambitious). Since i stopped driving my car BSC is a taxi home for us, which makes it a special treat rather than something we can enjoy regularly so something town centre ish would be so good-the office is a bit of a pain to get to and we havent heard the best things about it so we would rather go to BSC.

Someone please do it!!!"

Bristol

What was good about the Office is that with a reasonable size bar area you can chat, flirt and meet up with people in a casual and clothed manner. We used to enjoy the large playroom, the dark area and the "sinema". The location and entrance area was pretty poor.

Do any of the "massage" clubs offer a private hire arrangement? Shadows would be a great place for a swinging evening, even without a cinema.....

"What was good about the Office is that with a reasonable size bar area you can chat, flirt and meet up with people in a casual and clothed manner. We used to enjoy the large playroom, the dark area and the "sinema". The location and entrance area was pretty poor.

Do any of the "massage" clubs offer a private hire arrangement? Shadows would be a great place for a swinging evening, even without a cinema.....

"

We went to the office last year and to be honest were a little disappointed, the entrance and location put us off and it was very quiet with very little attention from the owners Hence why we probably would not go again.

There are plenty of venues that offer private hire , however its finding ones that are sympathetic to the kind of event or lifestyle

Bristol

Our best times in the Office were when we had arranged to meet people off of here. We were able to warn them about the entrance hall!

We'd love to support a local club

We think Bristol is in dire need of a new club !! We have nothing against the office its just not our cup of tea lol

I would very much like to see this simply because I have not tried out any local clubs yet and really intend on doing so.

So is bath the best we've got currently?

"I would very much like to see this simply because I have not tried out any local clubs yet and really intend on doing so.

So is bath the best we've got currently? "

At present the south west has a few excellent clubs including , Bath swingers ,Decadents , Secrets etc etc

However all require travel and only some offer sleep over facilities so this may not be to everyones preference, there are a lot of members from Bristol so a central club would be perfect

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

And don't forget The Lodge in Gloucester, not too far from Bristol

"And don't forget The Lodge in Gloucester, not too far from Bristol "

Come on Bristol peeps where you all at lol ??

nr beauly

"Central location with good, free car parking would be great (but perhaps a little ambitious). Since i stopped driving my car BSC is a taxi home for us, which makes it a special treat rather than something we can enjoy regularly so something town centre ish would be so good-the office is a bit of a pain to get to and we havent heard the best things about it so we would rather go to BSC.

Someone please do it!!!"

We are delighted to confirm that LODGE@bristol will be opening in Bristol later this year, we have found premises and we are now interviewing hosts and/or franchisees xxx it will be fully licenced, and will be a dry club xx

By *r mrs pCouple  over a year ago

taunton

"Come on Bristol peeps where you all at lol ?? "

Think they are all in a club lol.

"Come on Bristol peeps where you all at lol ??

Think they are all in a club lol. "

Lol on a Monday ??

Bristol

Like the idea of The Lodge in Bristol

By *S11funcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We'd support a new club in central Bristol. Need to have some mid week opening, themed nights and perhaps a "social" rather than purely play tone

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

I'm sure we'd attend. We usually like to make a day of things when we go clubbing, so central would always get our vote.

"Central location with good,

We are delighted to confirm that LODGE@bristol will be opening in Bristol later this year, we have found premises and we are now interviewing hosts and/or franchisees xxx it will be fully licenced, and will be a dry club xx"

Ooh, will Lodge Bristol be in the centre area ?

Awaiting the location with baited breath lol

nr beauly

We are delighted to confirm that LODGE@bristol will be opening in Bristol later this year, we have found premises and we are now interviewing hosts and/or franchisees xxx it will be fully licenced, and will be a dry club xx

Ooh, will Lodge Bristol be in the centre area ? "

No, the rents would mean couples would be paying £50 a ticket !! but not far xxxx

No, the rents would mean couples would be paying £50 a ticket !! but not far xxxx"

Can we have an idea of what area

nr beauly

No, the rents would mean couples would be paying £50 a ticket !! but not far xxxx

Can we have an idea of what area "

nope lol, experience taught us how some on here will try to be negative, so need to ensure planning, licence, launch event, etc etc all in place then we roll !!))) The critical element is who runs it, ideally as "franchisees"

Can we have an idea of what area

nope lol, experience taught us how some on here will try to be negative, so need to ensure planning, licence, launch event, etc etc all in place then we roll !!))) The critical element is who runs it, ideally as "franchisees""

Well we for one wish you luck Im sure there will be plenty of people jumping at the chance to run a club

The office isnt for everyone, but it did have a really seedy atmosphere which is a hit with most people. Personally we prefer chams at Newport, the jacuzzi and not to mention the abundance of glory holes is simply delightful, i wasnt aware that romeos was now closed?

"The office isnt for everyone, but it did have a really seedy atmosphere which is a hit with most people. Personally we prefer chams at Newport, the jacuzzi and not to mention the abundance of glory holes is simply delightful, i wasnt aware that romeos was now closed?

"

Yeh Romeo's closed before xmas due to their roof collapsing

Someone please do it!!!

We are delighted to confirm that LODGE@bristol will be opening in Bristol later this year, we have found premises and we are now interviewing hosts and/or franchisees xxx it will be fully licenced, and will be a dry club xx"

This sounds like a great idea-i would LOVE a job in a club (Lucy) but most are run by owners/managers and dont need extra staff

Does dry club mean no hot tub, pool etc? x

"

This sounds like a great idea-i would LOVE a job in a club (Lucy) but most are run by owners/managers and dont need extra staff

Does dry club mean no hot tub, pool etc? x"

Yes, a dry club is usually a few different themed rooms without the 'wet' stuff such as hot tub, pool, sauna/steam room and showers.

Bristol

Also means there is clothed social area and not having to change into towels on arrival

"

Does dry club mean no hot tub, pool etc? x

Yes, a dry club is usually a few different themed rooms without the 'wet' stuff such as hot tub, pool, sauna/steam room and showers."

Thanks!

Bristol

More chances for a job as there will be a bar!

"More chances for a job as there will be a bar! "
I think the hosts/franchise people will be doing that to save money on paying wages. We're interested and going to see S&D next week.

Bristol

Good luck and I hope it opens up soon

By *nowwhitecoupleCouple  over a year ago

warminster

Someone please do it!!!

We agree bristol does need a new club since romeos closed It needs to be run by new fresh owners it will be bad news if it is to be run by the LODGE crew. The Lodge used to be a good club 6 months ago and was once the number one club in the south, but with in the last six months we are sorry to say this club has dropped to the bottom of the south west in attendance and quality it may be just above the office but that is about it sorry to say. You only have to look at the club reviews in the south and you will see all the other clubs has now jumped well in front the Lodge and no one seems to be going to it any more like they used too. We think the Lodge need to concentrate on their club before running before they can walk in opening up a club in Bristol as it will be a complete disaster for sure. The Lodge was good when sam and jamie ran the canaval nights but when they left this club all the customers left too that is why this club is now dead at the weekends. This club has never picked up since and with other clubs improving all the times the Lodge has been well left behind in the swinging scene. We feel that if they can not get the Lodge of the rock bottom spot what chance of they got in running a good club in Bristol it is destine to fail in a big way. If a new club was to be opened up in Bristol we would welcome it but not if it is to be run by the Lodge crew. Bristsol need fresh owners to start something new. We think it is bad practice for the Lodge to open a new club untill they sort out the one they got at the moment a club takes a lot of work to keep it in top spot like chams and abfabs We think that if the Lodge open up in Bristol then having two clubs to run then the Lodge will for sure be even more neglected and drop even lower in the rankings. This is not getting at any one but backed up by the recent reviews the Lodge is getting of late. No one seems to be going there any more and now even offer a refund if they have a dead night which seems to be every week. Bottom line sick to improving the Lodge before no one goes and let some one else start up the new club that is need in the bristol area and work on the Lodge over the next year any try and build it up again if too much damage has not all ready been done to this club we wish you the best of luck..The sort of people that need to open the club in Bristol is sammy and jammy as they ran the caneval spot on and when they left the Lodge all the followers left with them so if they start up i am sure you will have some great followers as you have great customers already to get this club started just a thought. Joes any one else have any views on the new club need in Bristol

Where to start!

The idea of a good club in Bristol is absolutely appealing and certainly I would believe a city the size of Bristol, would warrant a club from a business perspective.

However, we all have our own idea's of what we would like from a club.

For us, it's quite simple, something similar to Chams in Darleston.

We did visit The Lodge and quite frankly did not like the set up.

We enjoy being able to lounge around in a towel or something similar and if we want a play, it's easy enough, find a room, drop the towel and get on with it! The idea of "going upstairs" getting undressed, having a play getting dressed again etc etc is not conducive to a fun atmosphere.

In essence I suppose, this is driven by the need to have a wet area. For us, we would not normally visit a club without one.

Obviously the potential cost of setting something up in Bristol could be considerable, but run correctly, with the correct staff, the correct atmosphere and facilities the financial rewards would be there.

In essence, if an imitation of Chams were set up in Bristol, I know we would be there most nights!!

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"The Lodge used to be a good club 6 months ago and was once the number one club in the south, but with in the last six months we are sorry to say this club has dropped to the bottom of the south west in attendance and quality it may be just above the office but that is about it sorry to say. You only have to look at the club reviews in the south and you will see all the other clubs has now jumped well in front the Lodge and no one seems to be going to it any more like they used too.

aThe Lodge was good when sam and jamie ran the canaval nights but when they left this club all the customers left too that is why this club is now dead at the weekends.

.The sort of people that need to open the club in Bristol is sammy and jammy as they ran the caneval spot on and when they left the Lodge all the followers left with them "

Really??? You've not been to the same weekend parties therethen that I've been to (since Sam and Jamie left in October) when it's been absolutely rammed....

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Where to start!

The idea of a good club in Bristol is absolutely appealing and certainly I would believe a city the size of Bristol, would warrant a club from a business perspective.

However, we all have our own idea's of what we would like from a club.

For us, it's quite simple, something similar to Chams in Darleston.

We did visit The Lodge and quite frankly did not like the set up.

We enjoy being able to lounge around in a towel or something similar and if we want a play, it's easy enough, find a room, drop the towel and get on with it! The idea of "going upstairs" getting undressed, having a play getting dressed again etc etc is not conducive to a fun atmosphere.

In essence I suppose, this is driven by the need to have a wet area. For us, we would not normally visit a club without one.

Obviously the potential cost of setting something up in Bristol could be considerable, but run correctly, with the correct staff, the correct atmosphere and facilities the financial rewards would be there.

In essence, if an imitation of Chams were set up in Bristol, I know we would be there most nights!!"

Exactly - we all have our own preferences - for me, I don't like wet areas, so like clubs like The Lodge

nr beauly

Someone please do it!!!

We agree bristol does need a new club since romeos closed It needs to be run by new fresh owners it will be bad news if it is to be run by the LODGE crew. The Lodge used to be a good club 6 months ago and was once the number one club in the south, but with in the last six months we are sorry to say this club has dropped to the bottom of the south west in attendance and quality it may be just above the office but that is about it sorry to say. You only have to look at the club reviews in the south and you will see all the other clubs has now jumped well in front the Lodge and no one seems to be going to it any more like they used too. We think the Lodge need to concentrate on their club before running before they can walk in opening up a club in Bristol as it will be a complete disaster for sure. The Lodge was good when sam and jamie ran the canaval nights but when they left this club all the customers left too that is why this club is now dead at the weekends. This club has never picked up since and with other clubs improving all the times the Lodge has been well left behind in the swinging scene. We feel that if they can not get the Lodge of the rock bottom spot what chance of they got in running a good club in Bristol it is destine to fail in a big way. If a new club was to be opened up in Bristol we would welcome it but not if it is to be run by the Lodge crew. Bristsol need fresh owners to start something new. We think it is bad practice for the Lodge to open a new club untill they sort out the one they got at the moment a club takes a lot of work to keep it in top spot like chams and abfabs We think that if the Lodge open up in Bristol then having two clubs to run then the Lodge will for sure be even more neglected and drop even lower in the rankings. This is not getting at any one but backed up by the recent reviews the Lodge is getting of late. No one seems to be going there any more and now even offer a refund if they have a dead night which seems to be every week. Bottom line sick to improving the Lodge before no one goes and let some one else start up the new club that is need in the bristol area and work on the Lodge over the next year any try and build it up again if too much damage has not all ready been done to this club we wish you the best of luck..The sort of people that need to open the club in Bristol is sammy and jammy as they ran the caneval spot on and when they left the Lodge all the followers left with them so if they start up i am sure you will have some great followers as you have great customers already to get this club started just a thought. Joes any one else have any views on the new club need in Bristol "

Clearly not happy, but also I'll informed. Numbers are 35% up month on month, the carnal events are still selling out, as are the fetish munch , horny porny, and other themed events . With over 850 glowing reviews, and as many every month as any other venue in the region it seems this review is nothing more than a personal attack by people we have no record of .... I wonder why .....

Perhaps the poster wants to set up a club as they seem so negative when others try ? If they did WE would support them as we need more clubs , especially in Bristol, but I suspect this isn't about clubs, it's about personal issues , we are always happy to refund customer if they really don't like it (no club pleases all customers) so perhaps on THIS forum this reviewer will tell us when they actually came to the lodge and why they never mentioned any issues before......? Otherwise, good luck and stop nastiness, we are all swingers AND adults

Hmm an interesting thread, be interested to see what we land up with in Bristol, although that said we have been around the scene for 14 years and Bristol people are the hardest to arrange meets with, let alone get them to a club, maybe thats why Bristol only has 1 club ??

nr beauly

"Hmm an interesting thread, be interested to see what we land up with in Bristol, although that said we have been around the scene for 14 years and Bristol people are the hardest to arrange meets with, let alone get them to a club, maybe thats why Bristol only has 1 club ??"

There are several very central locations which are available and absolutely awesome, the issue is with the current financial climate entry fee's would need to be too high. Also wet clubs tend to be more costly to run and increase the health and saftey apsect.

So i guess its about finding the right balance between location , cost and facilities, get that right and its a win win

By *rossdressfellaTV/TS  over a year ago

bristolish

[Removed by poster at 19/03/13 20:26:47]

Do the mods not think this is getting rather personal.

[Removed by poster at 19/03/13 20:28:49]

nr beauly

"[Removed by poster at 19/03/13 20:28:49]"

Why on earth do people hVe to be so bloody negative

"[Removed by poster at 19/03/13 20:28:49]

Why on earth do people hVe to be so bloody negative "

Jealousy

We were not being negative anything but that in fact !

What we wont stand for is nasty comments.

"We were not being negative anything but that in fact !

What we wont stand for is nasty comments. "

"We were not being negative anything but that in fact !

What we wont stand for is nasty comments. "

By *rossdressfellaTV/TS  over a year ago

bristolish

[Removed by poster at 19/03/13 20:41:05]

nr beauly

We were not being negative anything but that in fact !

What we wont stand for is nasty comments.

Didn't mean u , donut !!! I meant the post that began this ranting about "carneval" lol ( could even spell it as not there !! Lol) the thread is a good one xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo