FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > price hike

price hike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just recieved an email from kestrals saying weds nights tariff is now 50 quid to single guys ...thats a 20 pound hike in a year ...they are in serious risk of alienating there regulars of whom i am one

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

received the same message and was a little surprised that the price for a couple has increased to £35 on a Wednesday(that's an extra £10 on top of the extra £5 they recently increased it!)

The reason for the price increase is due to the popularity in the day passes, why penalise your regular members with a price increase .... wouldn't it make more sense to increase the cost of the day passes or restrict the number of times you can use them?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Abfabs/ kestrals is a great club, but is it offering value for money when the entry fees can be double of other clubs? A night at abfabs can quickly become very expensive once you add the price of overnight accommodation, travel and entry fees.

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

Yep Not impressed with the price hike

so given the extra costs they can whistle dixsy for anything but the very occasional tue/wed/ and as for fridays waiting around till 10:30 pm just to find out if im allowed to attend as a single male for a mere few hours after travel time of about an hour.

Im sure it just cos the suns come out that kestral increases it, it has been/ was pretty dead during the winter spring months.

I note the single female price hasnt increased -Now I wonder why that is

watch them blame overheads etc

* ducks to miss the flames

By *wliverpoolcoupleCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Members need to get together and boycot the club, there are cheaper venues around offering similiar or even better facilities.

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

We were planning to visit in our camper but in these times when most clubs are doing special offers etc.. this seems a rather strange move!!

By *dynlisaCouple  over a year ago

Notts

Hi there i know its far from you but new club paradise offers entry for 10 pound for all on a Wednesday night

By *heartsasoneCouple  over a year ago

north of Plymouth

We have found AbFabs to be very expensive don't get us wrong it's a nice club but other clubs can offer similar either naturist or swinger.

You would not mind so much if they invested it.

And yes it is getting to be a very expensive night out. No wonder more people are doing there own parties now. Also the last time we went dress code is no jeans or trainers and there where more than We had ever seen in jeans and trainers . It's all about appearance dirty,torn jeans and dirty trainers big no no for us . Ladies dress to please some men just well cannot be othered.

"We were planning to visit in our camper but in these times when most clubs are doing special offers etc.. this seems a rather strange move!!"

Oh was thats yours at Libs on Sunday )

I have wanted to visit this place but have always been put off by price. Cant justify it when other clubs are so much more cheaper. Can someone explain why its worth 50 quid for single guy?

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Yes it was... Have camper will travel!

Never gave much thought to going to a club but 50quid is crazy by any stretch of the imagination.

Either they are doing well enough to think they can justify if but these are hard times and maybe they shot themselves in the foot. Time will tell.

By *urekas electricianMan  over a year ago

Kent

Eurekas all the way seems to be a good place. Good facilities ........ Just of m25 if they haven't got accommodation left people sleep in the caravans or cars I hear. Or share beds in the cabins. Always been a good time down there for me

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

I'm a Kestrels regular. I was there pretty much every weekend in the winter and last summer on the nice weekends was there both days. I'm annoyed they've put up the prices as honestly £80 for a weekend just isn't good value. So now I'm going to only go at weekends for one day when I know friends will be there. Wednesday evenings will be right out as earliest I can be there is 8ish.In tough times not a good move but I feel they will still get a good attendance.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

I guess it's a free market and Kestrals can choose to charge whatever they wish to thier current and future customers. Ofcourse if those same customers feel it is too expensive and not worth the money then they'll exercise their own freedom to stop going and move onto other clubs.

If Kestrals wish to restrict the numbers of single men entering it's premises then price is a good weapon to use, but if they get the balance wrong and that starts to stop singles and perhaps couples going in, they can suddenly find it very hard to rebuild the clientelle.

Speaking as a single guy, at the clubs I go to, theres normally a charge of between £25 and £35 entry for a single male plus an annual membership. They do have day rates too which is something like £40 for an entry so while it's possible to pick out some lower priced places, it's possible that Kestrals price isn't too much out of kilter with elsewhere and it's definately cheaper than many clubs in Europe.

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

The email kestrels has sent out is stating that no day passes will be issued on a Wednesday as they state they are near full capacity. Day passes will be available on other days ..... can't really work that one out as it means rather than be busy on a Wednesday it will move to another day!

By *inx40eCouple  over a year ago

Conques Sur Orbiel, France

like you we visted regularly throughout the year, sometime twice a week, now with this current price hike, the second in 6 months we shall be looking elsewhere. Clubs do have the right to charge what they want, but in the current financial climate I would have thought this to be suicide. We are one couple that will have to think twice before we visit again. Kestrels will become an elite club and the last club that did that ended up offering a voucher to attract patrons back.

We now use Eureka on a Wednesday Night, entry is just a tenner for couples and single males, value for money in our eyes

By *eforfuncplCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

You guys n gals should try Connections in Blackpool no membership fees and £25 for single guys n cpls on a Sat night ladies £5 x

The place is brill very relaxed xx

Is this not sexual discrimination you can't do it with car insurance can this be any different?

Do you not think that the clubs put the price up due to necessity rather than greed, they are after all businesses with overheads and they are there to make profits

By *ickloverMan  over a year ago

Devizes

£40 or £50 an evening for single males is absurd ! It's not even a guarantee of actualy having any fun ! I've put on a previous thread that a mate of mine went to a local club, paid his £40 fee. Bought a few overpriced drinks and because of him not being a regular or in the " clique " the most he managed to get was to wank himself off in the corner !

In contrast, the other night, I went online gambling with £40. Had three hours playing with slots, a few beers from the fridge, won £450 and went to bed much happier than my mate did

"£40 or £50 an evening for single males is absurd ! It's not even a guarantee of actualy having any fun ! I've put on a previous thread that a mate of mine went to a local club, paid his £40 fee. Bought a few overpriced drinks and because of him not being a regular or in the " clique " the most he managed to get was to wank himself off in the corner !

"

I think this is a good example of why its a bad idea to have excessively high prices on club entry.

The higher the price paid to enter, the more expectations people have of what they should receive

But why should anyone have any expectation of anything your paying entry to a club, your not paying for sex

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

I go as much to enjoy the facilities and catch up socially with friends I've made at the club. Unless youve arranged a meet then there is no guarantee of play. Some women will only meet at clubs (they feel safe and they can also make their excuses if the magic isn't there). £40 is a fair chunk of cash however you look at it and the £50 for Wednesday is just exorbitant. If costs are rising then surely everyone should pay - the £10 cost for women remained the same. More women coming in for £10 = more men coming in at £40.

"£40 or £50 an evening for single males is absurd ! It's not even a guarantee of actualy having any fun ! I've put on a previous thread that a mate of mine went to a local club, paid his £40 fee. Bought a few overpriced drinks and because of him not being a regular or in the " clique " the most he managed to get was to wank himself off in the corner !

In contrast, the other night, I went online gambling with £40. Had three hours playing with slots, a few beers from the fridge, won £450 and went to bed much happier than my mate did "

You're not paying for a guaranteed shag. This is why some people are so pushy in clubs. They think that because they've paid £50 it means they're entitled. An attitude adjustment is what's needed.

By *am789Man  over a year ago

Preston

Single males are a cash cow, most owners know that don't they?

By *omblerMan  over a year ago

Guildford

Yes, have received the email from Kestrels, they have priced me out of going.

I been a member for years and in the summertime would go a couple of times a week, I have made many lovely friends there and had some wonderful times, however I cannot afford this increase and am not a pauper or a tight bugger!

The lovely thing about a naturist club is that we are all equal in the raw, we do not judge by what clothes we wear, what car we drive, what labels we have, we are equals, this price rise will mean that no longer the same cross section of lovely people will be able to afford to come along and it will be only those with enough spare dosh to go and the balance will change, I think for the worse.

I hope the club continues to be a success but I will not be going.

I suppose I do feel a bad taste in my mouth after having spread the word and introduced several people, it has now proven to have been to my detriment and perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut!

Whilst we all want to make money and it is only normal good business sense to charge whatever you can get while the demand is there, this does not bode well with a true members club structure.

A true "club" operates for the benefit of its members, I do not think this is any longer the case, sadly, at Kestrels, it is now just about making £'s.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"But why should anyone have any expectation of anything your paying entry to a club, your not paying for sex"

this

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

In contrast, the other night, I went online gambling with £40. Had three hours playing with slots, a few beers from the fridge, won £450 and went to bed much happier than my mate did

You're not paying for a guaranteed shag. This is why some people are so pushy in clubs. They think that because they've paid £50 it means they're entitled. An attitude adjustment is what's needed.

"

and this

Devizes

That's true, I'm not paying for a guaranteed shag..... Because I'm NOT paying £50 for any bloody evening in a club ! The original point of protest is about the high price that single men are expected to pay to gain entry to a club where they MAY if they are lucky get a little bit of action, mostly however they will be sidelined propping up the bar whilst the couples and single ladies who have prearranged to use the club for their pleasure, bugger off into a room and close the door. I was told by a single female friend of mine on here that she is often messaged by couples saying they would meet her at A***LS club and not to worry about the single men because they would take her to a private room,

"That's true, I'm not paying for a guaranteed shag..... Because I'm NOT paying £50 for any bloody evening in a club ! The original point of protest is about the high price that single men are expected to pay to gain entry to a club where they MAY if they are lucky get a little bit of action, mostly however they will be sidelined propping up the bar whilst the couples and single ladies who have prearranged to use the club for their pleasure, bugger off into a room and close the door. I was told by a single female friend of mine on here that she is often messaged by couples saying they would meet her at A***LS club and not to worry about the single men because they would take her to a private room, "

And what is wrong with that

Devizes

Nothing really, but my friend was just warning me that most of the people in the clubs are there because they already have their fun planned, so single guys in the club are on a loser . And for the record, my friend doesn't even like going to clubs anyway ! She would rather meet single men anyway, the fact ip point is, the clubs are charging a LOT of money to single men. Like it's been pointed out, we are looked on as a cash cow. And someone has already said, are they trying to put men off going to the club? Doesn't that smack of sexism and a clique culture ? If the club is desperate to make money why not charge everybody the same? The rants on this thread aren't aimed at couples/single females but more at the club owners charging so much that they will price themselves out of business, as has been proven by the number of guys saying they will no longer use the clubs as they are seen as poor value for money,

» Add a new message to this topic