FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Are 2 guys a couple?

Are 2 guys a couple?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

As the title says... Are 2 guys classed as a couple?

I'm a bi guy and I know bi guys, so that'll be the same as a guy going in with his female GF/FB

If not that be screaming homophobia.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ibertyeliteCouple  over a year ago

LUTTERWORTH

oh this one is going to be intersting

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you could try but I don't know how much luck you would have because couples who go on a couples night probably wouldn't be looking for all male couples

Of course 2 guys are a couple, at least in the UK. The Taliban in Afghanistan may disagree, but in the civilised world in 2013 then they are.

Many same sex couples' relationships last longer then heterosexual couples' relationships.

By *ondcpl4meetCouple  over a year ago

North of the river

isn that the same as a cpl of bi guys??

Unless it is a specific bi night I expect very few, if any clubs recognise 2 bi males as a couple for admission purposes.

2 Guys are a couple, and that option I believe is available on here (I'm sure there is a filter against mm couples)

If you mean in respect of cheaper membership or access to couple only nights in clubs I think being bi guys will go against you.

Some clubs have bi nights, with separate memberships and charges.

Im sure some bi mm couples have tried, so ask the club in question for clarification. I dont attend any couple only events, however, I am sure if you went to a club on a couples only night and tried separating off, there would be complaints because you then become just 2 single guys.

I think the definition of a couple is a pair.

If you are looking for a specific pair like 2 pot dogs, you'd be advised to read the small print!

It's the 21st century, a couple can be any mix of flavours.

This is a real hard one as I believe there is no right answer to this.

I would never in a million years say its homophobic. As most clubs will have bi nights and such to accommodate mm ff couples.

A club will also always have to look after the majority of patrons. So on a couples night for instance most will be expecting mf couples not mm which would cause a few complaints and be bad for business.

Just think of the amount of guys bi or straight would use this ploy to get in to such events. Would soon ruin the night for those that want to meet other couples.

Bradford

I can understand that other couples will get annoyed if any guy splits off, doesn't matter if it's MM or MF.

If an female bi couple walked in would they have the same issue? (forget about that it's cheaper for single girls to enter)

No it wouldn't be the same for the following reasons.

Most club nights never exclude women bi or straight so weather they enter as a couple or single makes no difference .

Supply and demand single females are by far the most sought after commodity in the swinging world.

Business comes first this ties in with above more females are better for the club.

I don't know the legal position to be honest, but I'm not sure why an all male couple would want to go in a night that they would be unlikely to get any action

LUTTERWORTH

[Removed by poster at 27/06/13 13:36:57]

Bradford

"I don't know the legal position to be honest, but I'm not sure why an all male couple would want to go in a night that they would be unlikely to get any action"

I was once in a gay sauna and there was a woman in there using the facilities. I very doubt she got any action.

"I don't know the legal position to be honest, but I'm not sure why an all male couple would want to go in a night that they would be unlikely to get any action

I was once in a gay sauna and there was a woman in there using the facilities. I very doubt she got any action.

"

I'm not saying legally you wouldn't have the right to go, what I am saying why would anyone want to go to a swing club on a night that does not best suit their sexuality not only that but would go against the grain of the clientele that was there that particular evening

I think a couples only night would suit him/them though. Same as fb fwb that go on couples only nights, cheaper entry and way less competition than on nights with single guys.

About 50 years ago a couple of dumb guys were called a pair of boobs.

How times have changed.

There was a couple on here a while back,2 guys one gay one bi that wer'nt allowed into chams as a couple even though they had lived together for years,they could each go in as a single though with no problem,they wanted to go to one of the big socials that was being held there but felt it unfair that they would have to pay as 2 single men so did'nt go

"I think a couples only night would suit him/them though. Same as fb fwb that go on couples only nights, cheaper entry and way less competition than on nights with single guys. "

But a lot of couples that go to clubs are really only looking for m/f couples or perhaps single fems that's tends to be the nature of the evening, if people wanted m/m couples they could go to bi nights and if they wanted single men there are nights that cater for those wants

Well it is sexual discrimination and legally in this day and age a sticky wicket can you imagine say Alton towers or a football ground charging different rates for men and women !

By *sxcpl1971Couple  over a year ago

Essex Land

But competition for what?

If its a couples night being attended by MF and F then I would imagine that the people attending are looking for MF and Fs

If the motive in attending is to get some Bi MM action then I would think the options for this are limited on those nights.

If the motive is to circumvent the clubs intentions by attending as an Bi MM but really looking for M action how many of the clientele were attending that night looking for single M.. If they were they would have gone on a night that would have had a pleather of single M...

Let us also not forget that the majority (if not all) of clubs that run couples and single nights are "members only" clubs and as such are permitted to admit members as and when they choose, and assign classes of membership as they choose.

Those clubs that do not operate membership seem to allow single males in all week.. No matter what day...

But now I have said that I bet someone will find an example to disprove me

Just my 2p worth

"I think a couples only night would suit him/them though. Same as fb fwb that go on couples only nights, cheaper entry and way less competition than on nights with single guys.

But a lot of couples that go to clubs are really only looking for m/f couples or perhaps single fems that's tends to be the nature of the evening, if people wanted m/m couples they could go to bi nights and if they wanted single men there are nights that cater for those wants "

Assuming the men walking round are honest about being bi, and if the men in question are looking for women, then a couples night (and not a night for bi, men & women, where women usually are looking for women) would suit their needs better.

I dont think clubs will allow this, and fortunately I dont go on couples only nights so it doesn't really affect me.

But I can see both sides of the argument

Is it equality? Nope, but then swinging clubs arnt really the place to be looking for equality (In my opinion)

"Well it is sexual discrimination and legally in this day and age a sticky wicket can you imagine say Alton towers or a football ground charging different rates for men and women ! "

I don't think this thread is about the disparity in what club charge different sexes, there have been many threads about that already

"I think a couples only night would suit him/them though. Same as fb fwb that go on couples only nights, cheaper entry and way less competition than on nights with single guys.

But a lot of couples that go to clubs are really only looking for m/f couples or perhaps single fems that's tends to be the nature of the evening, if people wanted m/m couples they could go to bi nights and if they wanted single men there are nights that cater for those wants

Assuming the men walking round are honest about being bi, and if the men in question are looking for women, then a couples night (and not a night for bi, men & women, where women usually are looking for women) would suit their needs better.

I dont think clubs will allow this, and fortunately I dont go on couples only nights so it doesn't really affect me.

But I can see both sides of the argument

Is it equality? Nope, but then swinging clubs arnt really the place to be looking for equality (In my opinion)"

Like you I can see both sides of the argument but as you say swinging is not about equality it's about personal choice, and I believe clubs do try and cater for everyone's tastes

As for comments on price you get that a lot in the real world as well ladies nights at night clubs OAP discount ,student discount. It's all about attracting the right balance of people so everyone has a good time

Bradford

"

I don't think this thread is about the disparity in what club charge different sexes, there have been many threads about that already "

No it isn't. It's just a simple question.

"

I don't think this thread is about the disparity in what club charge different sexes, there have been many threads about that already

No it isn't. It's just a simple question.

"

Well if you used the search facility and you could find the answer from someone who knows the answer

"As the title says... Are 2 guys classed as a couple?

I'm a bi guy and I know bi guys, so that'll be the same as a guy going in with his female GF/FB

"

there's a couple(MM) option on here so you can have a male couples profile or state your looking for male couples so id say yes two men are a couple

LUTTERWORTH

[Removed by poster at 27/06/13 15:09:17]

But a lot of couples that go to clubs are really only looking for m/f couples or perhaps single fems that's tends to be the nature of the evening, if people wanted m/m couples they could go to bi nights and if they wanted single men there are nights that cater for those wants "

On the other hand not all women who want to try two males want bi guys, personally I would rather have two straight males otherwise they may spend more time playing with each other

"I don't know the legal position to be honest, but I'm not sure why an all male couple would want to go in a night that they would be unlikely to get any action

I'm not saying legally you wouldn't have the right to go, what I am saying why would anyone want to go to a swing club on a night that does not best suit their sexuality not only that but would go against the grain of the clientele that was there that particular evening

legally a private members club is not bound buy the same rules as other entertainment establishments "

Does this apply in how much clubs charge clientele as well ?

On the other hand not all women who want to try two males want bi guys, personally I would rather have two straight males otherwise they may spend more time playing with each other"

Greedy

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"As the title says... Are 2 guys classed as a couple?

"

I asked the same question when at a club how do they charge TVs entry - either as a male or a female if they are dressed.

Think its on the same lines really

0h and i didnt get a clear answer!

Bradford

"

I asked the same question when at a club how do they charge TVs entry - either as a male or a female if they are dressed.

0h and i didnt get a clear answer!"

I think this one would be charged as a male, as that's what it says on their birth certificate, plus isn't a naked TV still a man?

But saying that, if they come dressed then should be charged a price inbetween m and f.

By *ercedes62Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"

0h and i didnt get a clear answer!

I think this one would be charged as a male, as that's what it says on their birth certificate, plus isn't a naked TV still a man?

But saying that, if they come dressed then should be charged a price inbetween m and f."

Pass next question please!

LUTTERWORTH

legally a private members club is not bound buy the same rules as other entertainment establishments

Does this apply in how much clubs charge clientele as well ?"

yes if the law ever changed clubs would not bring down the cost of single guys they would increase the cost to single girls. then less single girls !

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

[Removed by poster at 28/06/13 10:21:25]

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

legally a private members club is not bound buy the same rules as other entertainment establishments

yes if the law ever changed clubs would not bring down the cost of single guys they would increase the cost to single girls. then less single girls !"

It's actually a very interesting question posed by the OP and I guess that no one will truely be sure of the answer unless it was challanged in court and a judgement was made.

The generally understood concept of a couples and single females night is that a couple will be 1 male and 1 female, and there is no criteria that the couple has to be married, in a relationship, living together etc. I'm very sure that currently all clubs would turn away 2 guys arriving at a club on a couples only night irrespective of whether they were in a civil union right down to they were 2 guys whom knew each other through FAB. The intentions of the 2 guys arriving as a couple, and indeed whether or not they will get any action is irrelevant as the legal issue would be as to whether they could gain access to the club. The nearest comparison I can think of would be BMFC where all are allowed entrance to a club on a BMFC night irrespective of skin colour, but, and as I have never been I make a wild guess here, writing as a white man, I'd expect that the ladies attending on such a night would not be very interested in getting together with a white male.

If it ever were to be challanged in court, I'd have thought that the 2 guys would almost definately have to be in a civil union or at the very least capable of proving that they were in a realtionship of some longevity and then who knows what might happen. But as Liberty Elite state, if cases relating to price or admission policies were successfully challanged in court, the whole world of swinger clubs would radically change as business models would fail and attandance levels would potentailly be differnt to what we see today

yes if the law ever changed clubs would not bring down the cost of single guys they would increase the cost to single girls. then less single girls !

It's actually a very interesting question posed by the OP and I guess that no one will truely be sure of the answer unless it was challanged in court and a judgement was made.

The generally understood concept of a couples and single females night is that a couple will be 1 male and 1 female, and there is no criteria that the couple has to be married, in a relationship, living together etc. I'm very sure that currently all clubs would turn away 2 guys arriving at a club on a couples only night irrespective of whether they were in a civil union right down to they were 2 guys whom knew each other through FAB. The intentions of the 2 guys arriving as a couple, and indeed whether or not they will get any action is irrelevant as the legal issue would be as to whether they could gain access to the club. The nearest comparison I can think of would be BMFC where all are allowed entrance to a club on a BMFC night irrespective of skin colour, but, and as I have never been I make a wild guess here, writing as a white man, I'd expect that the ladies attending on such a night would not be very interested in getting together with a white male.

If it ever were to be challanged in court, I'd have thought that the 2 guys would almost definately have to be in a civil union or at the very least capable of proving that they were in a realtionship of some longevity and then who knows what might happen. But as Liberty Elite state, if cases relating to price or admission policies were successfully challanged in court, the whole world of swinger clubs would radically change as business models would fail and attandance levels would potentailly be differnt to what we see today"

I have found this very interesting so have been doing a bit of reading I think private members clubs can justify charging different groups to encourage underrepresented such groups under positive action provisions, as for not allowing single men or all male couples on certain nights again I think this is permitted as long as provisions have been made for them to attend on alternative nights this is under the equality act, this so for private members clubs only

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

my understanding is legally they can't discriminate between types of couples... however they can put in "play together,stay together" clauses to stop them wandering off and playing like 2 single guys.........

LUTTERWORTH

[Removed by poster at 28/06/13 15:29:46]

LUTTERWORTH

"my understanding is legally they can't discriminate between types of couples... however they can put in "play together,stay together" clauses to stop them wandering off and playing like 2 single guys........."

Have a look at the government guide lines on private members clubs and the new sex discrimination law you might find it interesting !

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 28/06/13 19:38:20]

birmingham

"my understanding is legally they can't discriminate between types of couples... however they can put in "play together,stay together" clauses to stop them wandering off and playing like 2 single guys.........

Have a look at the government guide lines on private members clubs and the new sex discrimination law you might find it interesting !"

How are gay/bi-males supposed to prove that they are gay/bi? Do they have to "perform" in order to get their membership?

If not, why not my straight male mate and myself indulge in a bit of "method acting" and get in as a "couple"? Obviously it would be an attractive proposition as it would cost us a lot less money at current pricing structures, and we could get in on nights when we couldn't get in on our own.

Simple answer for the clubs then...push all the prices up to multiples of what single blokes pay...then there is no price discrimination and no sex orientation discrimination. And if gay/bi blokes can go into a couples only night, two by two, then by law, you can't discriminate on the grounds of sexual orientation, so clubs will have to let straight blokes in, two by two as well...

...bye bye couples only nights folks!

"my understanding is legally they can't discriminate between types of couples... however they can put in "play together,stay together" clauses to stop them wandering off and playing like 2 single guys.........

Have a look at the government guide lines on private members clubs and the new sex discrimination law you might find it interesting !

How are gay/bi-males supposed to prove that they are gay/bi? Do they have to "perform" in order to get their membership?

If not, why not my straight male mate and myself indulge in a bit of "method acting" and get in as a "couple"? Obviously it would be an attractive proposition as it would cost us a lot less money at current pricing structures, and we could get in on nights when we couldn't get in on our own.

Simple answer for the clubs then...push all the prices up to multiples of what single blokes pay...then there is no price discrimination and no sex orientation discrimination. And if gay/bi blokes can go into a couples only night, two by two, then by law, you can't discriminate on the grounds of sexual orientation, so clubs will have to let straight blokes in, two by two as well...

...bye bye couples only nights folks!

"

And good bye most clubs too

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

On 29th of May 2013 France celebrated the first gay marriage and this made me very proud to be French.

My response to you OP is that in my opinion yes 2 men are a couple even if they are not married.

birmingham

"...in my opinion yes 2 men are a couple even if they are not married."

And what if they are NOT gay or bi?

I think that the Equalities Act means that you can't discriminate against Hetero's any more than you can discriminate against gay/bi/lesbians. Hence the word "Equalities".

"...in my opinion yes 2 men are a couple even if they are not married.

I think that the Equalities Act means that you can't discriminate against Hetero's any more than you can discriminate against gay/bi/lesbians. Hence the word "Equalities"."

So what do you mean ?

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

I think that the Equalities Act means that you can't discriminate against Hetero's any more than you can discriminate against gay/bi/lesbians. Hence the word "Equalities".

So what do you mean ?"

Not sure why you took part of my answer and start talking about discrimination!! Definition of couple:

Two individuals of the same sort considered together.

As I said and I repeat, 2 men are a couple even if they are not married. To break this down for you, I meant that 2 men regardless of their sexuality can be a couple. I hope this clarifies my thoughts for you!

my wifes gay

birmingham

So what do you mean ?

Not sure why you took part of my answer and start talking about discrimination!! Definition of couple:

Two individuals of the same sort considered together.

As I said and I repeat, 2 men are a couple even if they are not married. To break this down for you, I meant that 2 men regardless of their sexuality can be a couple. I hope this clarifies my thoughts for you!"

Yeah, so in other words, two hetero guys, going in, two by two, can by this definition enter "couples only" nights, where the intention is to not have single guys...you get the drift? The "couples only night" (intended to be M+F couples only) and the sustaining ethos of many swingers clubs could soon be over.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

And so the genuine couples would stop going, wtf would that acheive?

birmingham

"And so the genuine couples would stop going, wtf would that acheive?"

...and so we go full circle to what the OP asked, and what follows. You allow gay / bi "couples" in on couples only nights, and the law says you have to allow straight men to (as long as they come in two's)

...so you end up with the "genuine" couples stopping going...

...so you bring about the end of "couples only nights" and couples only clubs, as we currently know them.

Logical really.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Maybe that's what the op wants.

birmingham

"Maybe that's what the op wants."

Maybe you're right. It was certainly a confrontational enough tone to suggest that the OP may be "on a mission".

» Add a new message to this topic