FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Singles Nights @ The Lodge, Gloucester?

Singles Nights @ The Lodge, Gloucester?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inktherapy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucester

If I've posted this in the wrong bit of the forum, I'm sorry!

Just after opinions/ interest, really, at the moment.

What would people's opinion be on a night at The Lodge JUST for singles? No age restrictions would apply, so singles of all ages could mingle

What would people want from such a night?

Would people want relatively balanced numbers between f/ m? What would single guys think would be a 'fair' entry fee?

(and - yes - I do know that a couple's profile is posting this lol!!!)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If I've posted this in the wrong bit of the forum, I'm sorry!

Just after opinions/ interest, really, at the moment.

What would people's opinion be on a night at The Lodge JUST for singles? No age restrictions would apply, so singles of all ages could mingle

What would people want from such a night?

Would people want relatively balanced numbers between f/ m? What would single guys think would be a 'fair' entry fee?

(and - yes - I do know that a couple's profile is posting this lol!!!)"

Sounds interesting to me!

I would make 1

Gloucester

"I would make 1 "

Hmmm... not sure I'm quite getting this reply.....

"I would make 1

Hmmm... not sure I'm quite getting this reply....."

We are a couple and not really interested in anything that limits numbets and choice as this does.

Suppose the only limit we wouldnt object to is a totally gay night as wed not be interested in that. But as far as different sex people playing dont restrict let people decide who they want to play with.

I'm a single and think this is a great idea!

For me as a straight single woman this doesn't limit numbers or choice for me it does the exact opposite.... A chance to meet peeps in the same position as me. Would also feel more comfortable attending on my own in this situation as I think would most women.

Everyone has their preferences and clubs already provide most of those why not this one too?

I'm in!

By *ike rotchticklesMan  over a year ago

oldham

i know its long way from me,but im willing to travel,sounds like could be a winner;)

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

"We are a couple and not really interested in anything that limits numbets and choice as this does.

Suppose the only limit we wouldnt object to is a totally gay night as wed not be interested in that. But as far as different sex people playing dont restrict let people decide who they want to play with."

Every club holds events targeted at a particular group ...fetish, BBW, greedy girls, couples only etc etc so it's simply a case of choosing which events at which clubs suit you best ?

I'd be very interested in that . I've not been to a club before . Turning up as 'another ' single guy at a mainly couples evening would be no good for me or the couples. I'm a non pushy guy so would get lost at a normal night . Put me down for a singles night

By *otswoldMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

In theory a lovely idea, but I suspect the balance of M & F numbers would be too badly skewed for it to work in practice.

Sounds like a good idea to me too. Would be good to have a night where singles can potentially become couples/ swinging partners fuck buddy friends lol

Gloucester

"In theory a lovely idea, but I suspect the balance of M & F numbers would be too badly skewed for it to work in practice. "

Ahh - but it would be possible to have it that tickets could only be booked after getting 'approval' - in other words the balance could be managed so that it wasn't totally out of line.

Gloucester

Loving the positive comments - keep them coming! Would really welcome suggestions as to your opinions as to what would really work for singles to make this a success

oldham

what if women got in for free,or half price?would most women consider going if that was the case,love u thoughts on this :::|;)

Gloucester

"what if women got in for free,or half price?would most women consider going if that was the case,love u thoughts on this :::|;)"

Just on a basic supply and demand theory women are usually bound to get in cheaper than the men. As to what the prices for both sexes would be, I'd be interested in people's opinions as to what they'd rate a fair price for bothe men and women

By *idsmateyMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

£10 for a lady & £20 for a single guy in my judgement is a fair price for both...

A single guy selection process based similar to that of the greedy girls organised events would be required before being allowed to make a booking to prevent unsavioury types suddenly turning up on the night.

It's a proven selection process and works well!!

oldham

that seems fair enough to me,dont mind payin £20, tell u what,i will pay for first 2 women who ask me lol

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

Why on earth should women get in cheaper? If its a singles event it should be equal price for all! Even though I am not local I'd be up for this if you can keep the numbers of guys down to match the numbers of women attending.

It needs the numbers balancing, but it also needs fairness in costing.

If it's a singles night, the men and women are attending on equal terms, something that isn't necessarily so on a normal club night. Ergo the pricing should be on equal terms.

If the men pay double that the women pay, you create the scenario of men paying past of the cost of women attending. And if they are attending equally, with the same idea of what they want from the night, one group subsidising the other is not fair.

oldham

ahh well,whatever u decide pink,im up for it,so keep us informed of dates and stuff ,cheers

By *iavelmanMan  over a year ago

Worcester

I like the idea but question if there would be that much take up from the single female side. I would be interested to see how popular the idea is amongst the ladies as they are quite an elusive bunch.

Worcester

Oh and regarding pricing, I think the single man is resigned to the fact it will always cost him more so really the decision needs to be economic. Cheap or free for the ladies to entice them in seems to be the standard formula.

Gloucester

What about if it was opened up to the whole single scene? - ie: through other 'dating' type sites, not just swinging sites? Just bouncing ideas around and getting opinions still

By *otswoldMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Why on earth should women get in cheaper? "

Market forces?

"I like the idea but question if there would be that much take up from the single female side. I would be interested to see how popular the idea is amongst the ladies as they are quite an elusive bunch."

As a single lady I'd agree as I'd be a little uncomfortable going to a club on my own though the plus side at least I don't have far to go if it all goes tits up

Worcester

"What about if it was opened up to the whole single scene? - ie: through other 'dating' type sites, not just swinging sites? Just bouncing ideas around and getting opinions still "

I doubt that would work. The non lifestyle single blokes would expect their luck to be in. The non lifestyle single women would steer clear completely!

nr beauly

"What about if it was opened up to the whole single scene? - ie: through other 'dating' type sites, not just swinging sites? Just bouncing ideas around and getting opinions still

I doubt that would work. The non lifestyle single blokes would expect their luck to be in. The non lifestyle single women would steer clear completely!"

I think it has to be viewed as a singles night, not a swing night. Entirely different, so you could open it up to everyone. It is about singles getting together in a place where they can relax, have a drink and meet other singles with no expectation of anything other than a chance to meet the opposite sex.

this sounds a good idea but I do agree it needs to be kept in some sort of balance

By *oz77Man  over a year ago

Stretton

What a great idea. In my opion ( and that all it is). The ladies should be allowed in for free. After all we want them there. And I would suggest a price of 30 to 40 per guy. To cover the costs but keep numbers more balanced.

By *utty_JiggleCouple  over a year ago

Black Country

i think (mr) they are a great idea.

you get a lot of "couples only" socials, so whats the harm in having a "Singles only " social.

i attended a singles social which was organised on another site before i met my now better half. it was an superb night.. fair enough the Single guys out weighed the Girls, but it was still a fun night.

half way through the evening the host organised a "speed dating" style 1-2-1 chat, which gave people chance to chat to everyone and break the ice.

hope you get to organise this, and its a success...

By *utty_JiggleCouple  over a year ago

Black Country

"What a great idea. In my opion ( and that all it is). The ladies should be allowed in for free. After all we want them there. And I would suggest a price of 30 to 40 per guy. To cover the costs but keep numbers more balanced. "

i think for an event like this i think the entrance fee for this should be more balanced.. why should the single guys always offset the costs of a social.

I think I would like this I'm yet to visit a club as I feel a bit odd going alone but if I knew everybody was in same situation then I'd feel at ease I think

Can I come if I bring a +1 or 2?

nr beauly

"Can I come if I bring a +1 or 2?"
You will be able to register for a ticket online. I understand ticket prices will be equal! ;o) x

"Can I come if I bring a +1 or 2?"
It is a singles night so as long as they are all single then that is ok x

I think costs should be equal as it is a singles event.

My questions are - would there be a buffet provided and could accomodation near event be advertised - that way peeps may end up staying in same place!

Ticket prices will be equal. Local accommodation is on the website.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I went to a singles swinging event years ago....

Brilliant night.

Shame 75% of the men and about 25% of the women were in relationships or married.

How can you amke sure they are truly swingers or is it just a case of those with 'single' status on swinging sites?

Good luck if you trial it.... I love seeing what the lodge come up with.

Ooohhh.... And roll on swingfields 2914

By *ungle-FeverCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Bristol/Gloucester

Like the idea of this. I would have liked to attend something like this a few of years ago when I was a single lady

Gloucester

The event will be happening late Oct - and so will have a Hallowwen theme (not compulsory). Ticket prices are the same for men and women. There is plenty of accommodation locally, including a travelodge not far from the venue

» Add a new message to this topic