FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Is there a demand for two clubs in melksham

Is there a demand for two clubs in melksham

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elkshampair OP   Couple  over a year ago

Melksham

I have just been told yet another club is opening in melksham. It is supposed to be hush hush. But i can spill the beans it is opening end of October. It is a converted hotel the owners own other clubs and are throwing loads of money at it. It boasts 12 play rooms and it is a duel club wet and dry. It has steam room,sauna and two large hot tubs, not a plastic blow up one like the other club in melksham. Sorry to say this will be top notch club and i can see the other one at the old dairy will be forced out or forced to lower their expensive prices may the best club win but our town is not big enough for two clubs. What are peoples views on this out of all the places that need new clubs why choose Melksham when we already have one.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

Where the hell is Melksham?

Greater London

I guess you must have a lot of fuckers in the area wherever it is!

Melksham

"I guess you must have a lot of fuckers in the area wherever it is! "

Wiltshire we all shag sheep here

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I guess you must have a lot of fuckers in the area wherever it is! "

And , I would guess, a vested interest in this "second club".

Reads like an advert!

Melksham

"I guess you must have a lot of fuckers in the area wherever it is!

Reads like an advert!"

no we just got a free invite on their opening night can't say no to that.

Greater London

Is your plus1 a sheep then?

Melksham

"Is your plus1 a sheep then? "

she keeps me warm at night

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Reads like an advert!"

I thought that. Know an awful lot, for something that has to be kept under wraps!

By *moothcplforplayCouple  over a year ago

Melksham

Reads like an advert!

I thought that. Know an awful lot, for something that has to be kept under wraps!"

Common knollege that new club is opening we work for the council and we are all hoping that it will get rid of the club that is not popular with the locals as we have had loads of complaints so i think it is only a matter of time before it will be forced to close any way. They are breaking many laws including the equailty act where it is againt's the law to charge a different price for single females to what you charge single guys.

They charge single females £10 and single guys £35. By law all you guys that have paid £35 you can legally claim back the £25 difference and if you guys do this i am sure it will force the club to close sooner than later. The club needs to clean it's hat up over pricing or they are going to be in a lot of trouble.

southend

Reads like an advert!

I thought that. Know an awful lot, for something that has to be kept under wraps!

Common knollege that new club is opening we work for the council and we are all hoping that it will get rid of the club that is not popular with the locals as we have had loads of complaints so i think it is only a matter of time before it will be forced to close any way. They are breaking many laws including the equailty act where it is againt's the law to charge a different price for single females to what you charge single guys.

They charge single females £10 and single guys £35. By law all you guys that have paid £35 you can legally claim back the £25 difference and if you guys do this i am sure it will force the club to close sooner than later. The club needs to clean it's hat up over pricing or they are going to be in a lot of trouble. "

Every club charges different prices for single males then it does single females. They are private members clubs, the rules are different.

Melksham

Reads like an advert!

They charge single females £10 and single guys £35. By law all you guys that have paid £35 you can legally claim back the £25 difference and if you guys do this i am sure it will force the club to close sooner than later. The club needs to clean it's hat up over pricing or they are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Every club charges different prices for single males then it does single females. They are private members clubs, the rules are different. "

It is againts the law

Reads like an advert!

Every club charges different prices for single males then it does single females. They are private members clubs, the rules are different.

It is againts the law"

But students and oap's get discounts all over the place, from cinemas to B&Q, what about that, is that against the law too?

Melksham

Not private members club they let any one in and couples do not even have to book not so private when they do not even have their own car park they use a public one where local lurk and key customers cars when they go in the old dairy. We know many locals that have had their cars damaged by angry locals you park your car their at your own risk

southend

[Removed by poster at 27/09/14 02:53:39]

"Not private members club they let any one in and couples do not even have to book not so private when they do not even have their own car park they use a public one where local lurk and key customers cars when they go in the old dairy. We know many locals that have had their cars damaged by angry locals you park your car their at your own risk"

you did not answer my question, why?

southend

You park your car in Tesco or any public car park at any time of the day at your own risk.

As for the pricing, every club in the UK will be closing, most charge a different price for single males and females and couples.

"You park your car in Tesco or any public car park at any time of the day at your own risk.

As for the pricing, every club in the UK will be closing, most charge a different price for single males and females and couples."

But surely they can charge what they want, can't they?

By *appyrabbitsCouple  over a year ago

Melksham

"You park your car in Tesco or any public car park at any time of the day at your own risk.

As for the pricing, every club in the UK will be closing, most charge a different price for single males and females and couples."

We are local and visited Angels and we were watched by some other locals in car park and we got a note out on our windscreen and we car our bmw keyed down both sides and the other couple we went with got their car keyed too they only target people going to angels. As far as pricing most clubs charge differnt prices but this one is well over priced and not value for money. And they boast a free hot tub which is a joke it is like a large kids one and it is an inflatible one or very poor quality this is a real tacky club and we welcome the arrival of a new club in the area and it will get our support.

"Not private members club they let any one in and couples do not even have to book not so private when they do not even have their own car park they use a public one where local lurk and key customers cars when they go in the old dairy. We know many locals that have had their cars damaged by angry locals you park your car their at your own risk"

If you pay a membership fee, its a members club. Private means not open to the public ie you have to be a member or join to go in

southend

As for the pricing, every club in the UK will be closing, most charge a different price for single males and females and couples.

But surely they can charge what they want, can't they?"

Yep they can. Because people, and I hate to stereotype but especially men, will pay it.

Further up, the guy says take a stand, claim your money back, force the club to close. It isn't ever going to happen. Will be too public. How many single guys will say "hey I went to a swingers club and got charged too much to get laid. I want a refund"? Really. The divorce rate will go through the roof!!

"Not private members club they let any one in and couples do not even have to book not so private when they do not even have their own car park they use a public one where local lurk and key customers cars when they go in the old dairy. We know many locals that have had their cars damaged by angry locals you park your car their at your own risk

If you pay a membership fee, its a members club. Private means not open to the public ie you have to be a member or join to go in"

But does that mean they can charge different rates for guys and girls?

"Not private members club they let any one in and couples do not even have to book not so private when they do not even have their own car park they use a public one where local lurk and key customers cars when they go in the old dairy. We know many locals that have had their cars damaged by angry locals you park your car their at your own risk

If you pay a membership fee, its a members club. Private means not open to the public ie you have to be a member or join to go in

"

Yes.

southend

"

Theoretically no, they can't. But it's as I said. No one is going to stand up in public and demand they change the pricing.

Just read the guide from the Equality and Human Rights Commission, quoting the Equality Act of 2010 and it looks like clubs have to charge the same price for single girls and guys. So it looks like it may be illegal to charge guys more.

This could prove interesting.

The green arrow is such a useful tool. It seems somewhat coincidental that 2 posters 1 of whom has only ever posted on this thread and 1 who has only ever posted on 3 threads 2 of which were criticising Angels are suddenly posting with a lot of knowledge of a new club and a lot of knowledge of complaints about Angels...

There is something not quite right with this thread.

southend

"The green arrow is such a useful tool. It seems somewhat coincidental that 2 posters 1 of whom has only ever posted on this thread and 1 who has only ever posted on 3 threads 2 of which were criticising Angels are suddenly posting with a lot of knowledge of a new club and a lot of knowledge of complaints about Angels...

There is something not quite right with this thread."

I totally agree.

But I'm on nights, so I have nothing better to do. Surely you must have! I mean there are 2 of you. I know what I'd be doing.......

Melksham

"Just read the guide from the Equality and Human Rights Commission, quoting the Equality Act of 2010 and it looks like clubs have to charge the same price for single girls and guys. So it looks like it may be illegal to charge guys more.

This could prove interesting.

"

Hay hey hay!!

Please be discreet you guys.

If you work for the Council and have personal views keep that under wraps. You could be done for bringing your employer into disrepute.

As for the equality act private members clubs (of which swingers clubs fall within) are exempt from some equality act legislation - such as charging people different amounts.

As for Councils and the equality act I think they should all be shot, I've just been discriminated and dismissed out of a good job at a council - and taking them to the ET. Rant over lol

I'll have to try Angels - it seems quite popular. As for the other club, I would like some juicy details as to where and when they are opening

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

[Removed by poster at 27/09/14 03:32:57]

"The green arrow is such a useful tool. It seems somewhat coincidental that 2 posters 1 of whom has only ever posted on this thread and 1 who has only ever posted on 3 threads 2 of which were criticising Angels are suddenly posting with a lot of knowledge of a new club and a lot of knowledge of complaints about Angels...

There is something not quite right with this thread.

I totally agree.

But I'm on nights, so I have nothing better to do. Surely you must have! I mean there are 2 of you. I know what I'd be doing....... "

Nope. I'm 100 miles south for the next two nights having a break. There's only so much I can take You go keep him company! It'll be doing me a favour

crystal

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Reads like an advert!

They charge single females £10 and single guys £35. By law all you guys that have paid £35 you can legally claim back the £25 difference and if you guys do this i am sure it will force the club to close sooner than later. The club needs to clean it's hat up over pricing or they are going to be in a lot of trouble. "

So why doesn't the council do something about it then if it's illegal or getting complaints? Or why don't you report it to the police?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

It is againts the law"

its not against the law and when people always bring it up it frustrates me...

so to actually clear this up....

there is a bit in the discrimination and equalities act that actually allows for "positive discrimination" if you can prove that groups of people wouldn't go if everything was the same....

so all a club would need to do, if absolutely requested, is raise the prices for single women (who are already under-represented at clubs) to the price of single men for a few weeks... watch those numbers fall even further... and then put them back down again.....

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so back to the question as to why they pop up in certain locations.... because some councils have differing views on them from others.... so it is very much a case of working with councils and local residence to make sure they are not inconvienienced by for example noise... and parking ect.....

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I always love seeing these club vs club posts, as it shows me the calibre of members that go to certain clubs and how keen they are to badmouth the other clubs, even down to threatening legal action.

Not that I will ever be in Melksham in my whole life, but if I ever am, I won't be interested in going to a club that attracts people like the OP and their friends. If I was that new club I would seriously reconsider those free invites. Not a good advert.

By *aula.ceciliaWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Reads like an advert!

In fact the 2010 single equality act and the April amendments for the supply of goods and services does allow preferential charges where it can be shown that such preferential charges are beneficial to the customer base,,, clearly having no single women in a venue is not good for anyone!

"

It is againts the law

its not against the law and when people always bring it up it frustrates me...

so to actually clear this up....

there is a bit in the discrimination and equalities act that actually allows for "positive discrimination" if you can prove that groups of people wouldn't go if everything was the same....

so all a club would need to do, if absolutely requested, is raise the prices for single women (who are already under-represented at clubs) to the price of single men for a few weeks... watch those numbers fall even further... and then put them back down again....."

To be fair Fabio how many people think posetive discrimination applies to them, we is all special we is

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"I always love seeing these club vs club posts, as it shows me the calibre of members that go to certain clubs and how keen they are to badmouth the other clubs, even down to threatening legal action.

Not that I will ever be in Melksham in my whole life, but if I ever am, I won't be interested in going to a club that attracts people like the OP and their friends. If I was that new club I would seriously reconsider those free invites. Not a good advert."

We have our favourite club we have clubs we dislike, we wouldn't put down the clubs we don't like because they may be others favourite and we wouldn't behave like dicks.

We also find it moronic that people post about these clubs being illegal, if that were the case they would have already been shut down!

I think most in owners would tell you how closely they are scrutinised, so every breech of legislation would be severely dealt with.

We have been to a fair few clubs and Angels has improved a lot as for the new club maybe concentrate on your own club as bad mouthing another local club just makes you look bad is that really how you want to start off

By *infulDesiresCouple  over a year ago

We have been to Angels many times over the past few years and haven't had any parking problems. The car park is quiet and well lit. We cant see any reason for locals to be upset (unless they have moral objections to clubs).

Angels has expanded, and most of our friends agree it is a nice little club, and good to have in the area.

The new club sounds fabulous - almost too good to be true maybe. And they must have an interesting business plan - if they aim to undercut Angels on price, single guys will get in cheaper than couples at rival clubs, couples will be cheaper than rival clubs, and single females will pay twice the price of other clubs. Sounding very strange!

But, a high quality club is welcome anywhere - so we look forward to trying it out soon !

We have read and heared a lot of positive comments about Angels and we are looking forward to going in few weeks time. The OP's comments sound like sour grapes!

People will travel far and wide to visit a club that caters for their needs. So if the new club is as good as it sounds, it should have no problem developing its client base.

As for price of entry to Clubs, they all have their pricing policy advertised on their websites. So no one is being exploited.

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 27/09/14 19:19:45]

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

As others have stated - Club vs Club arguments of this nature are extremely off putting to new visitors.

If a new venue is to open, let it do so and stand on its own merits.

[Removed by poster at 28/09/14 00:14:59]

There is something not quite right with this thread."

It is all tosh ! Live and let live ! The people who make the most inane and ill informed comments are just trouble makers! Each and every club has its own merits and downfalls. Each to their own. It is called freedom of choice! The haters need to stop. They just sound pathetic x

By *usterkelzCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

We have been attending Angels for nearly a year now and have never had a bad experience.As for cars getting damaged this is news to me??i know many people who have nothing but good things to say about Angels myself and bf included.I for one think this is just playing silly games .Angels wont be going any where its going from strength to strength.Amazing place amazing staff good luck competing with that .Defo sour grapes!

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"We have been attending Angels for nearly a year now and have never had a bad experience.As for cars getting damaged this is news to me??i know many people who have nothing but good things to say about Angels myself and bf included.I for one think this is just playing silly games .Angels wont be going any where its going from strength to strength.Amazing place amazing staff good luck competing with that .Defo sour grapes! "

Well said

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"The green arrow is such a useful tool................"

I didn`t know you could do that ......

By *adonnasteveCouple  over a year ago

Melksham

Clean up its HAT,don't you mean act, the council must be employing some thick twats nowadays ,can't even speak English.

Even more stupid if they think the council would allow another swing club in a small town like melksham.

WYRD is right.

Even before a new club opens the forums are full of club vs club.

Bristol doesn't have a club. Three close by have closed over the last 2 years. Even when they were open the forum was full of the sorry of rubbish in this thread.

Looks like more traveling many miles to get to the clubs that avoid trash talk for us.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"

Bristol doesn't have a club. "

Yes it does, the office !

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"We have been attending Angels for nearly a year now and have never had a bad experience.As for cars getting damaged this is news to me??i know many people who have nothing but good things to say about Angels myself and bf included.I for one think this is just playing silly games .Angels wont be going any where its going from strength to strength.Amazing place amazing staff good luck competing with that .Defo sour grapes! "

Agreed! Great Club, we've been to Angels many times and never had any issues. OP is, at best, very ill informed....

By *p4hornyfunCouple  over a year ago

bristol

Nothing wrong with healthy compotition nobody moans about havin a asda and a tesco in the same town so why is it a issue with clubs

bristol

Oh and it might make up for the loss of bath swingers club.

"Oh and it might make up for the loss of bath swingers club."

We miss Bath.. we used to make a night of it. Ie meal, club, night club. It's a real pity it closed.

bristol

"Oh and it might make up for the loss of bath swingers club.

We miss Bath.. we used to make a night of it. Ie meal, club, night club. It's a real pity it closed. "

we only managed to go a couple of times before it shut but thought it was the best club around locally dont understand why it disappeared never been to the office in bristol due to not hearing great things on here

We never went to the office for the same reason.

bristol

Think the southwest could learn a lot from the clubs in Amsterdam more eyes wide shut than wish you had kept your eyes shut lol.

Melksham is too small and would never allow another club end of.

More rubbish propaganda etc. Angels is a great club and never had a bad time there.

As for The Offce........

"Think the southwest could learn a lot from the clubs in Amsterdam more eyes wide shut than wish you had kept your eyes shut lol. "

And the winner of post of the day goes to.........

By *ex-a-frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Brizzle

Barh swingers had an excellent reputation, closed before we were converted to the dark side lol!! Have been to Angels a few times & yes it's in a funny old building like the Office, but it's friendly & we'll run. It's news to us about car park vandalism though & since the extension the club has greatly improved.

As for a new club I've just Googled it & can't find any info. To have tickets already for an opening night I would have expected to find summit. Anybody else smell something funny here!!

bristol

Defo smell something fishy and i dont mean the office lol

Very fishy indeed. The OP came across with the authority of someone who has plenty of experience on the Swinging scene. But to me his profile page would suggest otherwise!

bristol

"Very fishy indeed. The OP came across with the authority of someone who has plenty of experience on the Swinging scene. But to me his profile page would suggest otherwise! "

ummmmmmm very dodgy seems they may have more inside info that they are lettimg on

"Very fishy indeed. The OP came across with the authority of someone who has plenty of experience on the Swinging scene. But to me his profile page would suggest otherwise! "

bristol

And the seem to have gome very quite on this thread no response to any comments ummmmm

New club sounds interesting. lets hope it's a good one.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Oh and it might make up for the loss of bath swingers club.

We miss Bath.. we used to make a night of it. Ie meal, club, night club. It's a real pity it closed.

we only managed to go a couple of times before it shut but thought it was the best club around locally dont understand why it disappeared never been to the office in bristol due to not hearing great things on here"

The labour club wouldn't renew the lease, they didn't mind it being a gay sauna during the week but didn't like it being a swing club at the weekend. And as for the office, don't rely on other ppls opinions the only persons opinion on a place worth taking notice of is your own

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

I sometimes think we miss the point on clubs, its NOT about the merits specifically of ANY venue as we are all different and want different things, so one venue that pleases one couple may displease the next, its actually about the PEOPLE, all the club can do is to provide a nice clean well thought out legal venue that offers comfort, socialising and play facilities, and the fact is that this is all provided by the current club in Melksham. The pathetic attempt at creating agro is childish, we must ALL work together. The irony being that the South West Club scene has been decimated in the last few years but if we ALL work with the clubs, support them and keep nastiness off the forums, the South West should be thriving and we can then all benefit from a choice of venues to sample.As an aside I personally don't believe for one second there is a new club and there is no substance or truth to this.

[Removed by poster at 03/10/14 11:55:02]

nobody makes anybody pay - if its illegal haggle at the door and get in for the same rate - if you go in and pay the price on the door thats your choice - if you dont like it dont go - and if nobody went the prices structure may change .......... but in the meantime

"I sometimes think we miss the point on clubs, its NOT about the merits specifically of ANY venue as we are all different and want different things, so one venue that pleases one couple may displease the next, its actually about the PEOPLE, all the club can do is to provide a nice clean well thought out legal venue that offers comfort, socialising and play facilities, and the fact is that this is all provided by the current club in Melksham. The pathetic attempt at creating agro is childish, we must ALL work together. The irony being that the South West Club scene has been decimated in the last few years but if we ALL work with the clubs, support them and keep nastiness off the forums, the South West should be thriving and we can then all benefit from a choice of venues to sample.As an aside I personally don't believe for one second there is a new club and there is no substance or truth to this."

+1 this

bristol

"I sometimes think we miss the point on clubs, its NOT about the merits specifically of ANY venue as we are all different and want different things, so one venue that pleases one couple may displease the next, its actually about the PEOPLE, all the club can do is to provide a nice clean well thought out legal venue that offers comfort, socialising and play facilities, and the fact is that this is all provided by the current club in Melksham. The pathetic attempt at creating agro is childish, we must ALL work together. The irony being that the South West Club scene has been decimated in the last few years but if we ALL work with the clubs, support them and keep nastiness off the forums, the South West should be thriving and we can then all benefit from a choice of venues to sample.As an aside I personally don't believe for one second there is a new club and there is no substance or truth to this."

bristol

"I sometimes think we miss the point on clubs, its NOT about the merits specifically of ANY venue as we are all different and want different things, so one venue that pleases one couple may displease the next, its actually about the PEOPLE, all the club can do is to provide a nice clean well thought out legal venue that offers comfort,

socialising and play facilities, and the fact is that this is all provided by the current club in Melksham. The pathetic attempt at creating agro is childish, we must ALL work together. The irony being that the South West Club scene has been decimated in the last few years but if we ALL work with the clubs, support them and keep nastiness off the forums, the South West should be thriving and we can then all benefit from a choice of venues to sample.As an aside I personally don't believe for one second there is a new club and there is no substance or truth to this."

here here

By *infulDesiresCouple  over a year ago

Well said - couldn't agree more. We miss Bath Swingers a great deal, really enjoyed the wet facilities they had. So a real loss to the area.

We should all be supporting the clubs we have locally, not running them down. As commented, it's the people that attend that make them a success.

"I sometimes think we miss the point on clubs, its NOT about the merits specifically of ANY venue as we are all different and want different things, so one venue that pleases one couple may displease the next, its actually about the PEOPLE, all the club can do is to provide a nice clean well thought out legal venue that offers comfort, socialising and play facilities, and the fact is that this is all provided by the current club in Melksham. The pathetic attempt at creating agro is childish, we must ALL work together. The irony being that the South West Club scene has been decimated in the last few years but if we ALL work with the clubs, support them and keep nastiness off the forums, the South West should be thriving and we can then all benefit from a choice of venues to sample.As an aside I personally don't believe for one second there is a new club and there is no substance or truth to this.

Well said - couldn't agree more. We miss Bath Swingers a great deal, really enjoyed the wet facilities they had. So a real loss to the area.

We should all be supporting the clubs we have locally, not running them down. As commented, it's the people that attend that make them a success."

» Add a new message to this topic