FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > condoms in clubs

condoms in clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We have not been to loads of clubs.

But in the visits we have made two of which are very big and popular.

We have not seen any at all.

Would have thought that they should freely available pretty much every place.

Should the owners have a duty of care to ensure that people practice safe sex?

And encouraging good sexual health awareness?

Or should it be down to members to do this?

As soft swingers it's not that much of an issue however be interested to hear other people's thoughts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Take your own, at least then you know condoms not been tampered with

I think it should be 'bring your own'.

If the club owners start providing them, they'll be responsible for any problems - not enough, too big, too small, no latex - free. And what happens when one breaks?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I would never trust a condom that I hadn't supplied myself. I also think that we should all be responsible for supplying our own, if you can't arrive at a club with condoms then you must be pretty much a lost cause.

"Take your own, at least then you know condoms not been tampered with"

Very good point.

The thought that people may have tampered with them never crossed my mind.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

i always take my own...i prefer using durex extra strong....so i always take them myself

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It might be useful if clubs had a small selection for sale because some men get very forgetful and turn up for meets without them.........

Surely pub style condom machines are the way forward.

At least Noone can tamper with them.

By *eanandJulieCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster

We work at a Club and we do promote safe sex, we advise everyone on there first visit during the tour about safe sex. We do sell condoms rather than provide them, The issue with us supplying them is, who is responcible if something goes wrong. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own health, as a couple we would never attend a club, party or meet without taking along plenty of condoms ourself.

Always take my own as clubs dont always have the ultra thin ones

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

How about 'a duty of care to yourself to practice safe sex'.

Recently somebody wrote to us and asked if the single guys who visit will do 'bareback?' and we advised that we promote safe sex at all times and you should too.

I saw recently that research suggests that swingers in the age group 45 to 55 were more likely to be at risk because of unprotected sex than any other age group. Attitudes from this age group were that because they were more responsible as adults they were less likely to catch STD's.

Astonishing????

There cannot be anyone who can not know that unprotected sex is a huge risk. And just like it's your responsibility to look both ways on a road - it's yours too to wear a condom.

Who would 'tamper' with them?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Who would 'tamper' with them?

"

People are weird and find all sorts of things amusing. I just prefer to bring my own.

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

I bring my own............for goodness sake, it's not as if they are expensive is it?

I always provide and use my own, if they don't want to wear it, then there's no penetrative sex, simple as

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

well i have a play bag that goes with me when i am away for the weekend, but i do make sure that there are condoms in there at least a few in case if i am in a club and would like to play

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"We work at a Club and we do promote safe sex, we advise everyone on there first visit during the tour about safe sex. We do sell condoms rather than provide them, The issue with us supplying them is, who is responcible if something goes wrong. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own health, as a couple we would never attend a club, party or meet without taking along plenty of condoms ourself. "

Totally agree with you, do not think it is the Clubs responsibility - we take a selection with us just in case we meet someone and they aren't prepared, why they wouldn't be god only knows, but we would rather be ready!

We always take our own

Ok thanks for all the replies.

As we are still quite new to the club scene, wasn't sure what the normal thing to do was.

But agreed it's upto us ad individuals to be responsible.

It's good to hear some club owners are proactive in promoting sexual health awareness.

Never been....one day I will

By *ohnkezCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

Our local club does sell condoms from behind the bar.

Personally I do think this is better than leaving them in playrooms - like was mentioned before - you don't know if they have been "tampered" with.

I, however always take my own. :D

Can't think we've ever been to a club where you can't get them, in fact they are free at chameleons. We get our free from the clinic when we go for our check up

I take my own .... Just in case

But Eurekas have them there x

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

We get 1000 condoms per month off the Terrence Higgins Trust for free. All shapes, sizes, flavours and even extra strong for anal we also get tons of lube. We leave them on the reception and bar for people to take and once they take them, they are their responsibility. Any condoms that are left unopened around the club get binned. If anyone tries to put condoms back in the jars on the bar etc... we take them and ditch them. You can't promote safe sex and not provide condoms; it would just be lip service otherwise.

Some clubs sell the condoms, but we get the for free so we give them away for free.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"I think it should be 'bring your own'.

If the club owners start providing them, they'll be responsible for any problems - not enough, too big, too small, no latex - free. And what happens when one breaks? "

plus, 3 clubs which I frequent, stock these for sale at reception, for those very, very, very forgetful guys

A duty of care should be made by yourself, no one else.

Her

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I react to some so always carry my own - wouldn't like to turn down some fun because he had the wrong variety in his pocket!

I carry plent, then if needed I have plenty of spares for replacements, new playmates and also to ensure noone is double dipping.

at Blackpool connections condoms are free and we have a sexual health clinic next one is on the 10th April this service is free to come to and you don't need to pay to get in the club to go to the clinic here

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I've never visited a club that didn't provide them, one way or another.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Have always taken my own latex free condoms, in 2 sizes. I go regularly to my local GUM clinic, every 2-3 months, even when I've not been active/not played, I'll still go.

It amazes me that so many couples I have met, have never been tested for STD's, their reason being they only BB with each other. Condoms aren't 100% safe and you need oral swabs and bloods testing. It's also couples that I have more issues with wanting to play bare with me.

why would people tamper or damage a condom? can only think its the same as cutting brake pipes spiking drinks lacing pet food with poisen. can someone please educate us cos we have just started going to a few clubs and this sounds a bit scarey

"why would people tamper or damage a condom? can only think its the same as cutting brake pipes spiking drinks lacing pet food with poisen. can someone please educate us cos we have just started going to a few clubs and this sounds a bit scarey"

It simply doesn't happen.

Forum Mod

I believe it's the individuals duty of care to be responsible for their own sexual health not the club's

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

I always take my own skyns latest free condone but on the odd occasion I've left them in my car then they have always been available from behind the bar.

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"why would people tamper or damage a condom? can only think its the same as cutting brake pipes spiking drinks lacing pet food with poisen. can someone please educate us cos we have just started going to a few clubs and this sounds a bit scarey"

I think it highly unlikely that anyone would, but if they did, it would be for the same reasons as occasional nutters would cut brake pipes, spike drinks and lace pet food with poison...

If you have your own with you, then it doesn't matter if the phantom prophylactic pricker is on the loose at the club you visit so no need to worry

» Add a new message to this topic