FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Official Statement from Radlett Parties Committee

Official Statement from Radlett Parties Committee

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Playgrounds OP   Couple  over a year ago

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Due to the inevitable interest in the sad death on Friday night/Saturday morning, the committee of Radlett Parties reproduce here the statement which was released by Richard to the press on Monday.

I have learned from previous owners that my home has been used for fun entertaining since it was built in 1936. I used to throw a party a year but people kept begging me to throw them more often and insisted on helping to meet the costs. I compromised on monthly. Contributions are voluntary and ring-fenced for party costs. The press like to call the events ‘swinging parties’ but I suspect more sex happens at their own office parties. The difference is that guilt, regrets and cheating are absent from ours. On Friday about 30 guests attended such a party. The theme was ‘James Bond meets Pussy Galore’. One lady was painted in gold paint - but not the toxic type that was so fatal in ‘gold finger’. Props included a roulette wheel, chocolate golden gun replicas and Bond posters. So sex was not the primary party descriptor. At around 1am I got a shout that someone had sunk in the pool so ran into the covered pool area, dived straight in fully clothed and pulled a 35 year old Nigerian man to the pool edge where several competent people helped drag his body into the cpr position. There was a qualified nurse present as well as other professionally trained people. They were guests who we make regularly welcome as a competent medical presence is always a plus. I attach a photo of the pool. You will see that pool entry must be by steps at shallow end. Following a risk analysis conducted with the local authority, diving is disallowed at parties and not possible. The pool is 50 feet by 20 feet by 2.5m deep. I have just had it resurfaced as suggested by local health and safety authorities as it is well over thirty years old. I was one of the first to administer mouth to mouth breathing assistance. A lady from the 999 service gave me clear instructions which I shouted to the people administering cpr but for the most part they were already doing the right things. When each heart pumper got tired another took over immediately. We continued doing that until the ambulance arrived a few minutes later. Stopping cpr had to be a professional’s call - not ours. The police arrived shortly after that to interview people. Over the course of the next hour around a dozen police came. We were given the sad news that the gentleman was confirmed dead at Watford hospital. As a result of the interviews a senior policeman confirmed that this was a non-suspicious death. We learned that an autopsy should confirm the cause of his sinking. People talked of a possible heart attack. Guests bring their own drink and this gentleman had apparently severely dented his own bottle of Jack Daniels.

My immediate reaction was to cancel the ‘mad March hare and Easter bunny’ party due on Saturday night, but the police said that was not necessary. Also countless incoming messages of support included ‘best thing to do when you fall off a horse is to get straight back in the saddle - book us back in for tonight’, ‘Its what he would have wanted’, ‘the adult aspect to the party added nothing to the risk of this happening’ , ‘the show must go on - several couples have pre-booked hotels’ and ,’a fatal air crash does not stop aviation - just prompts risk reassessment’. The most dangerous parties here have been for our teenage relatives with their heady cocktail of hormones, bravado and stupidity. Years back a partner’s foster child’s 18th caused over £8000 of damage - the main culprit being a policeman’s son! During three hours giving statements on Saturday afternoon I learned that the police had not by then managed to trace any next of kin through his phone usage or effects. Messages of support continue to pour in. In the circumstances I disengaged from the Saturday party after just a few minutes and went to bed. Our thoughts are with his friends and relatives if any can be traced. They will be welcome to come to see us and where his life so sadly and suddenly ended. We will make a spot for them to leave a memorial if that is wanted.

Thank you for the hundreds of messages of support. The decision to go ahead with The Playgrounds Saturday evening party was NOT taken lightly, but after many hours of talks and consultation with the authorities it was decided to proceed with the evening. Many guests have shared with us that their thoughts are with any friends and relatives of the deceased, as are ours.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

RIP to the guy.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

A very sad incident for all of those involved. You are all in our thoughts at this difficult time. X

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I hope they trace his next of kin and he rests in peace.

Well done to all the party team for doing all they could.

By *ouble CCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

Well said. Mr C and myself are 100% behind u guys, both at Radlett parties and The Playground. As a community we need to stick together and help everyone through this time. We will have enough small minded, know all know nothings who will bitch and judge us and our lifestyle. It's a wonderful thing to offer space for a memorial if the poor man's family can be found.

Rest in peace. And lets take care of each other. Xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Having given CPR myself only to find both guys passed away due to causes that i subsequently found out meant there was no hope... I know how dreadful it can feel. But you have to try... It sounds to me as if everything possible was done to try and save the poor soul. Everyone who helped should be proud they tried. Many don't. It is by no means easy and it may have saved him. If you look at the stats once CPR is initiated... Not many make it. Crucially some do though.

It was our first visit on Saturday. Obviously we knew nothing of this event apart from some advice that the pool was closed. We loved the atmosphere and friends where made. That's what we came for. A friendly party atmosphere with people who have a similar open minded fun outlook on life.

We look forward to supporting future events. We hope the guy finds peace and those involved find solitude in their good endeavours. You did your best in an unfortunate situation. You can do no more.

Hope to see you soon.

» Add a new message to this topic