FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > ID

ID

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any clubs or saunas where you don't need ID ?

Found celts in Leicester who don't need ID just walk in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ngeluk69Woman  over a year ago

Near enough

Why do more and more people have an issue with clubs asking for ID???

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Personally, I really don't like the idea of our details being stored when we have no idea how secure their database is.

Just look at that Ashley Madison saga ...i.e. if your local swingers club database is hacked, do you really want your whole neighbourhood to know you're a member of such a club?

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I have never had to provide ID at any club I have visited so far BUT I treat it as I would a nightclub and always make sure I have it in my bag in case I am asked for it. I am over the age for entry and have nothing to hide so have no problem producing it.

"Personally, I really don't like the idea of our details being stored when we have no idea how secure their database is.

Just look at that Ashley Madison saga ...i.e. if your local swingers club database is hacked, do you really want your whole neighbourhood to know you're a member of such a club?"

Exactly my point.

People still don't seem to understand the concept behind security and privacy being accessed so easily these days.

By *eanandJulieCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster

Ok how would you feel about this one then, you are at your club that does not check ID, you meet a girl, you get on very well with each other, after a few drinks she asks if you want to go to a room, of you go and have sex with each other. Now it turns out she is under age. Club have to check ID's for a number of reasons, it's part of the licensing and also law. If ANY club does not check ID I would avoid. Your personal details are stored on thousands of computers around the world, anyone can get hold of them, just think how many private number calls you get on your mobile, how did they get your number ?? And if you answer, yes they know your name. If you are not doing anything wrong then there is no problem showing your ID at clubs, remember this is an age restricted activity we are embarking on.

By *istress-MazikeenWoman  over a year ago

bolton

"Ok how would you feel about this one then, you are at your club that does not check ID, you meet a girl, you get on very well with each other, after a few drinks she asks if you want to go to a room, of you go and have sex with each other. Now it turns out she is under age. Club have to check ID's for a number of reasons, it's part of the licensing and also law. If ANY club does not check ID I would avoid. Your personal details are stored on thousands of computers around the world, anyone can get hold of them, just think how many private number calls you get on your mobile, how did they get your number ?? And if you answer, yes they know your name. If you are not doing anything wrong then there is no problem showing your ID at clubs, remember this is an age restricted activity we are embarking on."

Could not agree more, I have done internet safeguarding and it really opens your eyes to what happens.

Being on fab is one way of being discovered! Google your name, club id requests to me is that the club is secure and that your a genuine person. If you do not want to give over id, then why are you a swinger?

It is nothing to be ashamed of.

If there's nothing to be ashamed of...then why are your profile photos hiding your face?

Let's be clear...the mainstream view towards swinging will *always* be one of "titter, titter, nudge nudge...look what they're up to" (even if it's said in a jealous "wish I could" type of way) ...we really do not want our local vanilla community to know....which is why I get concerned about ID & how secure a swinging club database is.

By *orthwest_cplCouple  over a year ago

Stretford

"Being on fab is one way of being discovered! Google your name, club id requests to me is that the club is secure and that your a genuine person. "

I doubt many people sign up to fab with their real name and most will use a throwaway email address so googling their fab name will get nowhere near their true identity. Good luck with finding us.

"If you do not want to give over id, then why are you a swinger?

It is nothing to be ashamed of."

We are swingers so that we can have nsa sex with different people. Why should we want to run the risk of being outed to family and friends by insecure data holding? We are not ashamed of what we do but we also wouldn't want to have our personal life exposed to people who might well not understand it. Employers in jobs with 'disrepute' clauses will be less than sympathetic too.

As to the original post, we have given our ID to a small handful of the 40 plus different clubs we've been to here and abroad - most just want a name and any name will do.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Actually, who says all club records are Internet accessible? They may be filed non digitally or on a non Internet accessed device.

That's the point nobody knows ...you hand your personal details over & erhmm hope ...so coming back to the earlier question... "Why do more and more people have an issue with clubs asking for ID???" ...it's one of data security.

Stretford

"Actually, who says all club records are Internet accessible? They may be filed non digitally or on a non Internet accessed device."
I don't think anyone said that but if there's a break in and the non-internet computer is stolen? A remote possibility but it's still there.

A long time ago, before home computers and the internet, some friends of ours ran a gay help site. They were burgled and among the things that disappeared was the notebook containing all the names and addresses of people in the group. I've no idea if the data was used or the book was flung but I wouldn't want to be in the position of knowing my identity was 'out there' and waiting for it to be used.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

It is the law that privAte clubs keep membership details. Otherwise they aren't private clubs.

C...

By *ilacWoman  over a year ago

Cheshire

One of the clubs it is written in a book which is left on the bar. That book gets opened in front of a queue of people. Always felt sorry for the single males that had to give their full name and DOB at the front of a queue to prove memberships nothing discrete about it.

The only place I've given ID in was at a club that exchanged that info for a membership card. Now I just produce the membership card and can sign in under my fetish alias.

Near enough

Any club (or indeed ANY business) that stores personal information and data, be it name, address, email etc etc MUST be registered with the ICO for Data Protection, under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Also clubs are obliged to ask for ID as part of their licensing conditions, this is to make sure that everyone using the facilities is of age.

It's no different to showing ID in a supermarket to buy alcohol or other age restricted goods.

"Any clubs or saunas where you don't need ID ?

Found celts in Leicester who don't need ID just walk in."

You should speak to your local licensing offic at the council they keep a record of premises licences that don't need id

Or you could try your local police station and speak to the licensing officer there and they will be able to help

And to be honest if you have so much to lose being found out why do it in the first place

"It's no different to showing ID in a supermarket to buy alcohol or other age restricted goods."

it is significantly different ...when you show your ID in a supermarket, they don't write down your name, address & store it on a PC.

Near enough

Well it's simple, if you don't feel comfortable producing ID in a club, don't attend. As has been said above and on another thread the licensing laws are there for your protection as well as the clubs. People would be quick enough to moan when clubs don't ask for it... Damned if you do, damned if you don't

"It's no different to showing ID in a supermarket to buy alcohol or other age restricted goods.

it is significantly different ...when you show your ID in a supermarket, they don't write down your name, address & store it on a PC."

Very true agreed.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Some crazed nutcase takes someone they have met into a private room and decides to have a slasher party.

Why didn't the club keep proper records?

That why they want ID

C...

Stretford

"Some crazed nutcase takes someone they have met into a private room and decides to have a slasher party.

Why didn't the club keep proper records?

That why they want ID

C..."

Amazingly, in 15 years of going to many different clubs weekly, most not wanting ID, we've never come across a crazed nutcase intent on a slasher party. Still, when it happens, you can tell us 'told you so'.

» Add a new message to this topic