FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Effrenata Feedback?

Effrenata Feedback?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sadly missed this event due to a long-term work commitment Seeing as there's no place in the club/ event reviews for Effrenata, I thought that people might have been posting in here - can only assume everyone is still sh@gged out from the weekend's frolics!! Hope you all had fun - I believe the good weather was with you

Look forward to hearing some of the stories about the weekend

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well

We read the website and got dragged in by that!!!....

We bought a full weekend pass the day after the location details were sent out via e-mail.......... We STILL haven't had an official email back from the team to tell us where it's taking place!!!!!! We checked all out spam folders ect, emailed back and also rang the number on the ticket which just rang out!!!!!.... So officially we didn't get confirmation where it's at.

However we got the details from someone else and attended.....

It was far from what the website was advertising.... Not impressed!!!

We did meet some really nice people and had a great time but won't be going to another one of there events....... Swing fields for us it is!!!!!!

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

I'd be interested in where to post a review. Although my review will be far from good...

It really isn't looking like it was a good weekend for large events... such a shame...

"I'd be interested in where to post a review. Although my review will be far from good..."

I will be surprised if there is a good one tbh!!!!!

Especially the people who paid even more for the "pool party"....... As someone was going around giving out free wristbands to try and get more than 5 people there!!!!

By *RUBYXCouple  over a year ago

North West

Been biting my tongue since Thursday when we arrived, really don't want to be negative and don't belive in kicking a guy when he's down but the whole thing was poor.

To sum it up in the nicest possible way Paul had hugely over promised and sadly under delivered !

It wouldn't of mattered as much if he'd actually said to people there's been a few problems and certain things are no longer happening but to just ignore it and say nothing when people have paid good money is not acceptable

Having said all that on a more positive note we met some lovely people there so not all bad in the end Xx

Oh dear.... shocking weekend for big events!!

"Been biting my tongue since Thursday when we arrived, really don't want to be negative and don't belive in kicking a guy when he's down but the whole thing was poor.

To sum it up in the nicest possible way Paul had hugely over promised and sadly under delivered !

Totally agree , it had potential to be amazing but was do badly organised , no one knew anything and to run out of change at the bar and be given raffle tickets as change was definitely a tad too far .such a shame but met nice peeps too so not grumbling too much x

It wouldn't of mattered as much if he'd actually said to people there's been a few problems and certain things are no longer happening but to just ignore it and say nothing when people have paid good money is not acceptable

Having said all that on a more positive note we met some lovely people there so not all bad in the end Xx"

[Removed by poster at 14/09/15 14:45:21]

I thought there might be problems as beforehand it was so disorganised. I was supposed to attend but in the end I didn't and now I'm glad I didn't.

Very very badly organised , ran out of change at the bar and was given raffle tickets instead of cash ; nothing going in the daytime , pool party and hot tubs *cheap blow up ones , cost 50 quid and no one knew it was on even .such a shame as it was publicised to be an amazing event but hey ho we made our own fun x

Now it turns out the media had an arranged interview with the organisers!!!!!......

http://www.stratford-herald.com/41817-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-of-the-lifestyle-erotic-festival-near-stratford.html

Copy and past the link to see!!!!!!!!!

Zurich. NOT London.

Effrenata was completely oversold. I booked a bluebelle tent (£395) for the 4 days, It was according to the website, to include, a kingsize contemporary bed with posteurpedic mattress, a quirky sofa with throws and scatter cushions, bedside tables, 2 LED lanterns and a full length mirror. The reality was a bed base made out of 4 pallets, still with nails sticking out of them, this was then topped with a foam mattress, unfortunately the pallets were too small so 8inches of mattress were unusable. The sofa turned out to be a bale of straw with a cheap fleece over it. The lantern, singular, turned up on Friday evening, after I had already been there over a day, the batteries for the lantern were delivered on Saturday evening. No full length mirror as promised. Neither did we have the exclusive 'glamping' showers and toilets, but had to share a single block of toilets and showers with the whole site.. We were taken in by the promises of luxury and Effrenata did not deliver on any of their promises.

The gourmet food village we were promised was a burger stand and a stall selling malaysian food and a tiny ice cream stall. The jacuzzi village was 2 inflateable jacuzzi, which were unusable by Saturday morning, you could smell them from the pool, fausty is the best description of the smell. The pool party, which I also paid for didn't happen, the power kept going off and they didn't appear to have an electrician on site to sort it out.

Now the marquees, sold to us as luxury with sofas, a champagne bar, waiters etc etc. What we got was pallets made into sofas with a few cushions thrown on the top, a couple of straw bales made into tables and not a waiter in sight. Paul from Effrenata was most unhelpful when questioned about the huge shortcomings and seemed to make himself very scarce. There was no programme of events, handy seeing as only half the stuff he promised on these very forums only a few days before didn't happen. All in all, it was badly organised, very poorly executed and a huge expensive dissapointment.

With all my pool party tickets, bluebelle, etc last weekend Effrenata stiffed me to the tune of £700, to say I'm angry is an understatement.

The only positive to come out of the weekend was I met some really really lovely people, and its thanks to them that it wasn't a total disaster.

Zurich. NOT London.

"Now it turns out the media had an arranged interview with the organisers!!!!!......

http://www.stratford-herald.com/41817-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-of-the-lifestyle-erotic-festival-near-stratford.html"

An exclusive in the Stratford Herald on Thursday with pictures! What the hell? I believe sombody needs to have a word with Mr Grassick?

Wonder if Paul is aka Chris & Chris is aka Paul. Just a thought, most illusive people these party planners are!

We had the best weekend ever and I'm sure if anyone can remember the DJ crew, will know that was where the fun and laughter was!!!

I'm afraid to say, the event itself failed to deliver its promises.. We were the fortunate ones that only paid 195 for the 4 days as we brought all our luxury with us, the blue bell tents and pods were terrible...

Good job we met some great people that will be friends forever and because of this, it was worth it!!!

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Again this was something we were tempted by, but glad we missed.

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

What a shame, promised so much but completely failed to deliver, we could only make sat/sun but after spending most of sat evening to figure out that the vip events were cancelled so no wrist bands available (refund, hmm not feeling confident) we headed home Sunday. It did appear that a privileged few were allowed to play in the house which as a venue was pretty cool, but don't know how they managed to get that access, as for the rest of the event well I think it's been said, just thank god for good people and reasonable weather we did have a good Saturday night, then packed up and went home feeling pretty ripped off and apparently part of the publicised roadshow!

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Now it turns out the media had an arranged interview with the organisers!!!!!......

http://www.stratford-herald.com/41817-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-of-the-lifestyle-erotic-festival-near-stratford.html"

Full story with pictures in this Thursday’s Stratford Herald.

I spoke directly to Paul about the media on Saturday after my friend reported the Sun undercover reporters to him. Now I read this. Seriously Paul??!! I've messaged him but it's not read yet.

My friend reported the Sun to another of his 'committee' and the pisstaking response was 'what would you like me to do, show her my cock?'. I thought Paul had a better view of media at the event but now I seriously question that

We paid for the four days, Although we didn't arrive until Friday we left Saturday morning we had seen enough and on talking to our neighbours they were leaving also, we did meet some lovely people But it did not live up to the promise of what they sold us.

Will not be attending this venue again we'll stick to the other one

And knowing now that there was someone from the press (invited) there i am fuming at this, What the hell were they thinking.

For us, the most important thing to point out is that we had a great weekend, in a beautiful part of the country with some fabulous like-minded people. The site did look lovely despite having to drop some of the slightly grander ideas. The evening music was amazing. We found a cracking atmosphere both Friday and Saturday nights with the days being chilled and friendly. We loved the ways the big marquees had been put together, they looked really cosy and welcoming and a little bit of heating in the evening was appreciated.

The play marquees looked good inside and they were warm as well. The only play tent we disliked was the BMFC which was a shame as V was looking forward to that . We were put off as each time we entered on Friday night it was full of women having a general moan about the place and a few guys that seemed to be hanging around waiting for someone to be interested in them. That just felt all wrong!

The raffle ticket thing worked for us. If there was no money behind the bar we just had raffle tickets which were the value of a quid each.. so when we went back to the bar we just spent them. No hassle.

Paul was entirely open about the lack of VIP parties when we arrived and said either we could attend a house party later or we would get a refund. We were grateful for his honesty. He hadn't sold his quota of tickets and was busy making adjustments to what he could offer to try to maximise the party for all party goers. We understood that. We enjoyed the music by the pool on both Saturday and Sunday and didn't experience the power issues someone else mentioned.

It has to be said though, that the hot tubs were minging... and if the story about giving away free blue wrist bands is true we will be asking for Pool Party refunds as well. To be frank it wasn't worth the extra really, but it was a nice place to be sitting in the sun, drinking pimms and soaking up the garden.

We camped in our own tent, and probably would have been hacked off if we had paid for glamping.. The bell tents were new so they were all lovely and sparkly but the furnishing wasn't brilliant - they could have been so much better presented for not an awful lot of money.

We did speak to Paul and lots of his team over the weekend and it did seem like a number of things had gone wrong or not quite according to plan. We just took it as something that was to be expected and I think all party goers will hear a personal message from Paul very soon. Our perception of him was that he had worked really hard to lay on a party that people would love but that when he didn't sell enough tickets he had to make changes that he was gutted about.

I'm going to withhold comment on the press coverage for now. We spoke to Paul about handling of the press stories and reporter behaviour and were satisfied with his response but it seems that we may need to wait until we see the report to know if what he told us has worked.

So we had a great weekend.. I think others did too. I really hope there is another one. Swingfields started small and things have just got better and better for them. There is room for more festivals and I think the Effrenata team need to work hard on fixing some of the things that didn't work for their customers. Perhaps do something smaller and cheaper next year and focus on getting the party right.

And a word to some of the campers, those who felt it was ok to just leave their weekend rubbish strewn across the field.. who did you think was going to pick up after you?

V and A xx

By *errible_TwoCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Just seen it on the daily mail site too

Nice little earner if he got paid by the press too

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple  over a year ago

North Hampshire

Well we left on Saturday morning! Don't really think we need say anymore than that!!

To those who 'partied' in the campsite (annoying those around them) I'm not sure I'd be happy paying £40 a night to have a party in my tent!!!

Added to that it transpires the organiser invited the press in! I think it may be worth looking up the privacy laws!!! I DID NOT give my consent to be photographed or written about in the press and would have avoided the place like it had the plague had I known!!

Im staying on the fence with a no comment but i feel i need to say to all the people i met there your the best everone so freindly and my circle of freinds has yet again grown .. see you all again in various places i guess big love xxx landscapelad

[Removed by poster at 14/09/15 16:29:28]

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've added to the clubs list so people can add reviews

Admin x

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

Thats a bit under handed, 'selling out' to the press without letting attendees know. We were thinking of going, but something in the back of our mind was just tingling

North Hampshire

Well looks like covered his bases here with this first section of the 'Privacy' statement

Privacy

• By proceeding with this booking and purchasing of a ticket you confirm you are not affiliated to, or work for, any media, press or other communication medium that has NOT been granted prior written permission of entry by the effrenata festival management team

• Any communications to the media will be considered a breach of privacy, the event organiser will take legal action

• The use of mobile phone cameras, camera/video recorders on devices or other photographic or video recording equipment is NOT permitted in ANY of the public areas or marquees

North Hampshire

"We've added to the clubs list so people can add reviews

Admin x"

Thanks Admin will get into the computer and write one out properly!

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I'm so glad that I don't have the money to waste at these over expensive parties/festivals. All people have done throughout the weekend, is line some guys pockets.

Thing is, there will always be people who are willing to throw money to these guys and then they wanna earn more by inviting the press. Greedy.

They mailed us on couples profile asking if we would be interested,glad we didn't bother.

These money making parties are done for now.

We went as a couple to a midlands party,it was amazing to begin with but the organiser started getting too protective over certain couples and keeping them away from other guests,within a few months it was all cancelled

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

With all my pool party tickets, bluebelle, etc last weekend Effrenata stiffed me to the tune of £700, to say I'm angry is an understatement.

"

Bloody 'ell

I could have found 2 weeks all-inclusive for that!

Think I will stick to clubs...alot safer in lots of ways

On a mission .. anyone know were the hula girl who did a fantastic performance in the top tent is working next ?? As keith lemon would say .. bang tidy but i have some special news for her

"As keith lemon would say .. bang tidy but i have some special news for her "

Youre pregnant??

Lol nope she wore a condom ha ha

"Lol nope she wore a condom ha ha "

Phew

By *achelnMarkCouple  over a year ago

Mid Wiltshire

WTF Paul - what about privacy?

Quote: "In a candid first ever face-to-face interview with the media, event organiser Paul Grassic explained that the swinging scene was now more popular than ever and attracted people of all ages and from all walks of life including judges."

And photos from the event in more than one paper?

Really not happy, and actually fuming what a fucking liberty has been taken.

I wasn't going to moan about the lack of delivering most of the promises on the website.

And I'm glad we're not the only idiots to be ripped off over the weekend. £80 for two pool party tickets (party? Where? Some music and a few people. Not sure we saw 10 there). Hot tub village with two hot tubs that Saturday morning were brown and cold (hopefully not due to food poisioning...) - and only being refilled at 5pm so out of order for the entire day.

No wonder you gave tickets away - had we not paid we'd not have taken the free ones!!!

Refund most welcome, but something tells me its long gone. Feel sorry for the people that paid for the on-site accommodation. Great website, but the reality didn't come close

But - so much for privacy - wife is fuming at the complete lack of respect shown - and this is the only reason I've put finger to keyboard.

Cambridge

"Think I will stick to clubs...alot safer in lots of ways "

We are with you on this one! Clubs and events/festivals held at clubs, like the Vanilla Alternative's festival of Fun.

By *achelnMarkCouple  over a year ago

Mid Wiltshire

"Think I will stick to clubs...alot safer in lots of ways

We are with you on this one! Clubs and events/festivals held at clubs, like the Vanilla Alternative's festival of Fun. "

And we too will be with you!

North Hampshire

We are with you on this one! Clubs and events/festivals held at clubs, like the Vanilla Alternative's festival of Fun. "

Wasn't that all part of the 'Effrenata selling Tour'??

"WTF Paul - what about privacy?

Quote: "In a candid first ever face-to-face interview with the media, event organiser Paul Grassic explained that the swinging scene was now more popular than ever and attracted people of all ages and from all walks of life including judges."

And photos from the event in more than one paper?

"

Ironic that when I spoke to Paul Saturday night he told me he tried to punch the Sun photographer but security pulled him off. His mobile phone with loads of pics of the Rampling party was confiscated but separately INVITES the media in for pics and an exclusive without telling any of the paying customers who are entitled to a private life??!! OMFG it beggars belief.

On a side note the music was awesome Mr and Mrs Rampling.

Cambridge

We are with you on this one! Clubs and events/festivals held at clubs, like the Vanilla Alternative's festival of Fun.

Wasn't that all part of the 'Effrenata selling Tour'??

"

They had a stand there, thats all.

By *.LBCouple  over a year ago

South

Feel so sorry for everyone that got mugged over by this Rsole, Hope you get your refunds that is obviously due, but something tells me don't hold your breath.

Most alarmingly was inviting press along!! Ffs what about discretion?

A whole hearted explanation is deserved on what went wrong and why it did not deliver on what was promised to the honest hard working people of this site that were let down!

Cambridge

Is it just me, or does it seem as though the organisers of such events "just dont get it?"

By *estinysswingersCouple  over a year ago

Worsley

This makes for sad reading. We very nearly booked to go. Can appreciate its hard to organise events but considering the prices being charged there is simply no excuse.

I completely understand those who want their money back - I don't want a refund I just want my privacy. Not much to ask.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Is it just me, or does it seem as though the organisers of such events "just dont get it?" "

Or maybe it's the people who go that don't get it.

Promise a lot and take in a *lot* of money, actually set up the event poorly and as cheaply as possible ...

It will be interesting to see if anybody does actually get a refund ...

South

" I completely understand those who want their money back - I don't want a refund I just want my privacy. Not much to ask. "

By *ife2shortCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

well we all have our own stories of chancers and charlatans ripping off our hard earned cash in the past. - we met Paul at the VA and he got a bit fiesty with me when questioned about ticket sales, set up and prices.

Missus didnt have a warm feeling then so decided to pass on it- glad we did but feel really sorry for the people that got ripped.

As for the Press thing- lets just say we are learning our lesson on that one and organisers really need to make sure that they have our interests at heart...not theirs aka profits. Already got the fake number plates for Swingfields next year!!!

North Hampshire

" I completely understand those who want their money back - I don't want a refund I just want my privacy. Not much to ask. "

This is us also!

We met some great people there and had some brilliant conversations! (You know who you are )

But this was all before we found out that he had actually 'invited' the press in! That is in my view completely unforgivable!

S is currently writing a review for the club section, if I did it I would probably get banned (like some others I am finding out about in PM's) I am beyond livid about all of this! It was sold as such a high class event and security would be tight and what happened elsewhere wouldn't happen there!!!

It will be interesting to see what else gets said! I expect the 'hangers on' will try and shout us all down!!

We don't believe in kicking a man when he is down, but having read the bit about the Press, Paul deserves a good kicking!

We paid for the full four days and for the VIP party on the Saturday night. We arrived Friday afternoon (to be told the VIP party was cancelled) and had enough by Saturday morning. Went on to the Effrenata website last night just to check we hadn't misread or misunderstood what was on offer. It would be laughable if it wasn't such a huge rip-off. I don't have to list everything that was missing or misrepresented, as others have already done that, except to observe that the soft outdoor seating and campfire was a dozen deckchairs and no fire!!!

We don't normally bother with bad reviews, preferring to put it down to experience, but this was so far removed from what was promised and what people had paid for that Paul deserves every bad review he gets.

Well thay need to to learn from Carlo of city slickers party's who runs great party's not too many people drinks included and puts on a great show thay not cheep but numbers are limited and works so much better professionally run.

North West

Just looked on the Herald site again, right at the bottom of the article is a note from the editor which reads ....

Stratford Herald • 3 hours ago

Our presence there was all conducted very professionally and discretely and all identities will be protected. Editor.

Lets hope we can count on the Editor to protect our identities where Paul sadly failed !

By *retty FolliesCouple (FF)  over a year ago

south

[Removed by poster at 14/09/15 19:50:05]

By *retty FolliesCouple (FF)  over a year ago

south

"well we all have our own stories of chancers and charlatans ripping off our hard earned cash in the past. - we met Paul at the VA and he got a bit fiesty with me when questioned about ticket sales, set up and prices.

Missus didnt have a warm feeling then so decided to pass on it- glad we did but feel really sorry for the people that got ripped.

As for the Press thing- lets just say we are learning our lesson on that one and organisers really need to make sure that they have our interests at heart...not theirs aka profits. Already got the fake number plates for Swingfields next year!!!"

cannot believe some people are so blinkered and naive that they think these people who organise such big events are not out to line their pockets as much as they can...and of course if the press is offering money/exposure for the event that they would not take said offer.......if you want total privacy dont go and go to organised club events......these events have their risks....shame they do but im sure people must know the risks....swingfield last year had press coverage and pics of cars...hence your comment about fake number plates......yet your going again.....so carry on lining their pockets!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Well thay need to to learn from Carlo of city slickers party's who runs great party's not too many people drinks included and puts on a great show thay not cheep but numbers are limited and works so much better professionally run."

maybe carlo should have a word with his mate at heaven circle.... because this wasn't the only shambles this weekend.....

between what we are hearing at heaven circus and effranta... they may well have both set back the huge swinging events a bit.... and thats an understatement

On the surface with not all the facts it does not sound good.

But the idea of controlling the press giving them a story and controlling any photography is the best strategy. Otherwise there really is a likelyhood they could wreck privacy. Before anyone gets too uppity wait till Thursday, i suspect it will be a fairly vanilla anonymous article.

North Hampshire

Besides everything else - who puts on a swinging event on an Estate where, and I quote " children will be bringing their horses through, please can you cover your bikini" ????????

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"swingfield last year had press coverage and pics of cars...hence your comment about fake number plates......yet your going again.....so carry on lining their pockets!"

That's because it was awesome. Everything we were promised, we got.

By *ife2shortCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

exactly- we thouroughly enjoyed swingfields and missus still raves about it now- we'll take a few precautions like old number plates in the garage and a couple of bin liners for masks but probably wont be big news next year

Admin x"

Will you be doing the same for heaven circle/circus?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"exactly- we thouroughly enjoyed swingfields and missus still raves about it now- we'll take a few precautions like old number plates in the garage and a couple of bin liners for masks but probably wont be big news next year"

Not after this weekend anyway

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

"Effrenata was completely oversold. I booked a bluebelle tent (£395) for the 4 days, It was according to the website, to include, a kingsize contemporary bed with posteurpedic mattress, a quirky sofa with throws and scatter cushions, bedside tables, 2 LED lanterns and a full length mirror. The reality was a bed base made out of 4 pallets, still with nails sticking out of them, this was then topped with a foam mattress, unfortunately the pallets were too small so 8inches of mattress were unusable. The sofa turned out to be a bale of straw with a cheap fleece over it. The lantern, singular, turned up on Friday evening, after I had already been there over a day, the batteries for the lantern were delivered on Saturday evening. No full length mirror as promised. Neither did we have the exclusive 'glamping' showers and toilets, but had to share a single block of toilets and showers with the whole site.. We were taken in by the promises of luxury and Effrenata did not deliver on any of their promises.

The gourmet food village we were promised was a burger stand and a stall selling malaysian food and a tiny ice cream stall. The jacuzzi village was 2 inflateable jacuzzi, which were unusable by Saturday morning, you could smell them from the pool, fausty is the best description of the smell. The pool party, which I also paid for didn't happen, the power kept going off and they didn't appear to have an electrician on site to sort it out.

Now the marquees, sold to us as luxury with sofas, a champagne bar, waiters etc etc. What we got was pallets made into sofas with a few cushions thrown on the top, a couple of straw bales made into tables and not a waiter in sight. Paul from Effrenata was most unhelpful when questioned about the huge shortcomings and seemed to make himself very scarce. There was no programme of events, handy seeing as only half the stuff he promised on these very forums only a few days before didn't happen. All in all, it was badly organised, very poorly executed and a huge expensive dissapointment.

The only positive to come out of the weekend was I met some really really lovely people, and its thanks to them that it wasn't a total disaster. "

Fucking hell, no wonder your fuming?

By *ove121LustCouple  over a year ago

LaLa Land

"Effrenata was completely oversold. I booked a bluebelle tent (£395) for the 4 days, It was according to the website, to include, a kingsize contemporary bed with posteurpedic mattress, a quirky sofa with throws and scatter cushions, bedside tables, 2 LED lanterns and a full length mirror. The reality was a bed base made out of 4 pallets, still with nails sticking out of them, this was then topped with a foam mattress, unfortunately the pallets were too small so 8inches of mattress were unusable. The sofa turned out to be a bale of straw with a cheap fleece over it. The lantern, singular, turned up on Friday evening, after I had already been there over a day, the batteries for the lantern were delivered on Saturday evening. No full length mirror as promised. Neither did we have the exclusive 'glamping' showers and toilets, but had to share a single block of toilets and showers with the whole site.. We were taken in by the promises of luxury and Effrenata did not deliver on any of their promises.

The only positive to come out of the weekend was I met some really really lovely people, and its thanks to them that it wasn't a total disaster. "

Almost word for word what I would have written - we stopped Sunday - and mid afternoon the showers and toilets were taken away because the bill hadn't been paid.

We were glamping - and paid the equivalent of a swanky spa break expecting luxurious beds, hearing, waiters and shows. Thank his for swingers because the people we met were fabulous, had it not been for two thirds of the Clitoris Allsorts we'd have left by Saturday!

We spoke to Paul, he put his hands up and apologised for things not being great ( ) we also told him we wanted a refund and he said he simply didn't have any money - which has left us wondering whether to follow a legal recourse?

It's a shame Effrenata went the way it did - I guess we'll be swingfields newbies in June!!!

S & J

Newcastle and Gateshead

Admin x

Will you be doing the same for heaven circle/circus?"

you asked the question i was going to ask....

North West

"On the surface with not all the facts it does not sound good.

But the idea of controlling the press giving them a story and controlling any photography is the best strategy. Otherwise there really is a likelyhood they could wreck privacy. Before anyone gets too uppity wait till Thursday, i suspect it will be a fairly vanilla

anonymous article."

This may well be the case but surely Paul should of been upfront about his decision to talk to the press!!

I think up to now he is getting off lightly and people are well within their rights to get "uppity" as you put it.

I have tried to contact Paul directly before putting anything on this forum giving him the opportunity to reply personally. Shame he hasn't seen fit to do so!

Things go wrong but its how you deal with them that counts in the end.

Newcastle and Gateshead

probably employ the same tactics as those at the heaven circus shambles... hope it gets to 175 very quickly and then everyone will forget about it....

"probably employ the same tactics as those at the heaven circus shambles... hope it gets to 175 very quickly and then everyone will forget about it...."

That's when "Part 2" starts....

Then Part 3

Then Part 4

Ect........

We ALL deserve a statement and apology from "Paul"

"Uppity" is a rather strange way to put it. What possible motive could there be for inviting the press without informing the festival goers? Better still, what about seeking their explicit agreement to having the press there?

Admin x

Will you be doing the same for heaven circle/circus?

you asked the question i was going to ask.... "

we didn't go to either event we just think its in the best interest of people using this site who maybe dont use the forums to read honest reviews

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"probably employ the same tactics as those at the heaven circus shambles... hope it gets to 175 very quickly and then everyone will forget about it...."

LaLa Land

"

We ALL deserve a statement and apology from "Paul""

When we had our chat with Paul- I made a point of suggesting he gets on the forum before 'this' starts and holds his hand up., notes that things were not right and offer a solution. He's obviously not wanting to do that, before 'things' get nasty and other stuff comes out

other stuff?

I didn't go, but from what I read above - the t+cs quoted , said ' forbids any media blah blah NOT approved by U.S.

So in plain English , that means - we've approved the media, (sold the story and they can maybe take pics) - but no media we haven't approved.

Eg, will be in the sun but not the mirror as well, cos they won the bid

North Hampshire

"

He's obviously not wanting to do that, before 'things' get nasty and other stuff comes out "

Slightly concerned by the "other stuff comes out"

You know the more I think about it the more annoyed I am! We took holiday time for this!!!

LaLa Land

"other stuff?"

There were so many rumours went around at the weekend, particularly about cash and spending habit that would infuriate any one that isn't already baying for blood

South

String the scroat up by his balls

worse thing is when you look at paul's profile it still has all the party details on in.

Thats just rubbing peoples nose's in it.

Like I said we didnt attend either this event or heaven circle/circus events but I feel that the events of the weekend have tarnished swinging. Imagine newbies having these two events as their first!!

Highly disappointed with this so called festival.... although I met amazing people and had an amazing time with them... they are what made this event if my circle of new friends hadn't have been there then I would have left day one.... yes I appreciate that it was the first event but seriously you fell on your arse Paul (Piss up in a brewery) comes to mind... would not attend recommend or have anything to do with an event organised by this man again I feel so so sorry for the people that paid through the nose because i can't see them

getting any response or money back... this mans head will be in the sand for a long long time..... Thank you to all the amazing people

I met, drank with danced with and chilled out with... Oh and to the lady that stapled my back and laced me up ?? that was a new one on me....

Ashley xx

Just read throught this thread (m part of couple) and still shaking my head.

I used to arrange BDSM events in the Stufenbau in Berne Switzerland. The entrance of Sfr 40 cover security (no press, no cameras, no phones and if caught with cam's removed and booted down the stairs of the Stufenbau), secure dressing area for girls, showers (need because of specific BDSM acts) and a life Vampire Shower with fireworks (Actors from Bulgaria); Plus cleaning next day and removal of necessary BDSM prop's (crosses, benches etc)

The drinks were below normal bar prices and the bars were stocked (overstocked).

Such events would start at 8pm and last until 6am next day Sunday mornings...

Sfr 40 are about £27 for a night with profession Dominatrix presentations and a life show... So think sold the tickets too cheap

Also we guaranteed that if some one was not happy and they came to entrance within 45 min's of entrance that they got a full refund.

We used to mange to break even of have a very, very small profit as we did it for the BDSM community and not for our own pockets (BDSM community in Switzerland is big and growing every year but not Mr Grey BDSM).

Maybe UK swingers should "gang" together and try the same on a "non profit system"

By *ocoTemptationMan  over a year ago

london

Wow what a shame. So much went wrong I was able to relay the comedy of errors to a friend that couldn't make it for almost my entire drive back home to London. I had hoped to be dragged kicking and screaming away from the site but in reality I was eager to leave.

I won't bother repeating what has already been said and I will try to focus on the positives. Had I paid for any VIP extras I might not find it so easy to put a positive spin on things.

What are the positives? Well thankfully the mens toilets were well maintained and I never had to brace myself for a cold shower.

However by for the biggest positive of all was how friendly and sociable every body was. So in that sense the festival met my expectations.

Had entertainment mechanisms been in place to bring everyone together during the day the festival could still have been mind blowingly good (deep sigh) as I said previously......wow what a shame...

Thinking really seriously of playing safe and giving Cap D' Agde a try next year.

By *inky karen 2Woman  over a year ago

East sussex

I believe he had a vision that he couldn't make a reality. I did kinda like the furniture in the first marquee, was a bit quirky.

As for everything else festival based, it has been said.

But in true festival style, I still heard lots of laughter, moans of pleasure and plenty of people smiling.

The festival happened in the camp site. I spent time with and meet some great people and for that it was a great.

I had a rare weekend off filled with filthy fucking in a field.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Well thay need to to learn from Carlo of city slickers party's who runs great party's not too many people drinks included and puts on a great show thay not cheep but numbers are limited and works so much better professionally run.

maybe carlo should have a word with his mate at heaven circle.... because this wasn't the only shambles this weekend.....

between what we are hearing at heaven circus and effranta... they may well have both set back the huge swinging events a bit.... and thats an understatement"

Agreed 100% and very sad too

Admin, Can you add one for heaven circus.. I would love to write a review for that one.

Zurich. NOT London.

"

We spoke to Paul, he put his hands up and apologised for things not being great ( ) we also told him we wanted a refund and he said he simply didn't have any money - which has left us wondering whether to follow a legal recourse?

S & J "

I was thinking this too, but the cynic in me reckons that Effrenata productions Ltd, won't be in business by the end of this week, Limited Company, legal liability etc. The venue hasn't been paid for yet, I think I can kiss goodbye to my refund. As for Paul Grassick, his behaviour has been utterley appalling, I hope I don't meet him again anytime soon.

Effrenata? Effindisaster!

Thursday we forgave

Friday we started to get annoyed (not helped by the unofficial party in the camping area)

Saturday it was like a cross between benny hill and Fawlty towers

Sunday nearly everyone left.

Good points.

Hot showers.

Freindly people.

Enjoyed what turned out to be a relaxing if overpriced camping trip.

Too many bad points to list.

My guess is some lightly used yurts will be on sale on eBay very soon.

By *andm288Couple  over a year ago

oxford

Well after reading the above posts I'm glad that we never bought tickets as they did seem overpriced !

By *ally2012Woman  over a year ago

nr Exeter

Well our first festival...

I agree with everything already been said...

However I am going to be positive, the location fantastic,the weather pretty good.Managed to use the pool and hot tubs before most other people.The people we met were fantastic made some new friends and we had a really sexy time.We now have the glamping bug and already booked for Swingfield.

On the note made about rubbish being left we were told we could do this and it would be collected and people left it in a neat pile....

So thank you all the sexy lovely people we met....

"Effrenata? Effindisaster!

Friday we started to get annoyed (not helped by the unofficial party in the camping area)

"

Why don't you take a chill pill

It won't take long

Soon you'll feel the rush come along

"

S & J

I was thinking this too, but the cynic in me reckons that Effrenata productions Ltd, won't be in business by the end of this week, Limited Company, legal liability etc. The venue hasn't been paid for yet, I think I can kiss goodbye to my refund. As for Paul Grassick, his behaviour has been utterley appalling, I hope I don't meet him again anytime soon."

He has no money?? Pfftttt...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The organiser has posted here.

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/clubs/426655

Can we not have accusations of fake profiles posting to make the event look bad, if you really do think that report the profile and please don't post personal E-mail address's onto the forum

[Removed by poster at 15/09/15 11:15:16]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It is two below this one in the list

Thursday night was boring hotel waiting room music everyone partied in there own tents or went to bed ...paid for pool party rubbish. ...There was nothing to do all day...not enough food stands ....no information but then there was nothing to inform ....The toilets could have been more central. ..All I can say is disappointed ...don't try to organise an event if your not an organiser

Ref the Rubbish comment, I too agree with you but having been there from Thursday afternoon though to Sunday Afternoon I have to say there was a complete lack of something as simple as bins so how are people suppose to dispose of their rubbish ?? I saw my first bin on Saturday evening! Bit late in the day really ! Every little helps !

By *inky karen 2Woman  over a year ago

East sussex

"Ref the Rubbish comment, I too agree with you but having been there from Thursday afternoon though to Sunday Afternoon I have to say there was a complete lack of something as simple as bins so how are people suppose to dispose of their rubbish ?? I saw my first bin on Saturday evening! Bit late in the day really ! Every little helps !"

We made our own dump site and the festival happened in the camp site.

I think it's disgusting that we are offered money off for the next festival as compensation. I don't believe a word he says.

I'm a lucky one as if I get in the press about this it has no effect on my life but for others it's a different story.

By *up1downCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

we were there till Monday, you should have seen it then!

but you would not believe the things people left!

but it was bad, no bins

But we had a Great time meet some great people

who are now our friends ! and that is what swinging

is about, we are just looking forward to next year

By *up1downCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

well said !!!!

we are looking forward to next year had a great time lol

"Ref the Rubbish comment, I too agree with you but having been there from Thursday afternoon though to Sunday Afternoon I have to say there was a complete lack of something as simple as bins so how are people suppose to dispose of their rubbish ?? I saw my first bin on Saturday evening! Bit late in the day really ! Every little helps !"

simple as taking the bin bag home with you

Always assuming the bin bag hasn't already been used for 'taking one for the team'

Glad you two enjoyed yourselves ! Xx

North Hampshire

"

simple as taking the bin bag home with you "

Again, provision should have been made by The Organiser' to clear the site, it's not up to the clients to 'take their rubbish home with them' some having been there since Thursday?!?!? Seriously!!!!!!

So glad I live in the real world - it must be mightily disappointing to come down from the glittery cloud to see us pigs in our filth!

"

Again, provision should have been made by The Organiser' to clear the site, it's not up to the clients to 'take their rubbish home with them' some having been there since Thursday?!?!? Seriously!!!!!!

So glad I live in the real world - it must be mightily disappointing to come down from the glittery cloud to see us pigs in our filth! "

Got to give them 10/10 for trying to defend the indefensible

"

So glad I live in the real world - it must be mightily disappointing to come down from the glittery cloud to see us pigs in our filth! "

It's just common courtesy when camping vanilla or filthy to look after your own rubbish. We were there all weekend cooking eating our own food and drink and yes filled a bin liner. It really isnt that much of a hassle to dispose of that ourselves

Hardly warranted. I'm partial to a bit of glitter but also very fond of pigs.

V xx. Mwah

Giggling now that Adam and I both posted at the same time from different devices.

Xxx

"Always assuming the bin bag hasn't already been used for 'taking one for the team'

Glad you two enjoyed yourselves ! Xx"

Laughing a lot xxxxx

North Hampshire

Even the most bog standard of campsites have facilities for rubbish - I don't expect to pay over £200 to take away my own rotting left over food!!

Two weeks before this debacle we paid £7 a night to camp on a dairy farm where there was a trailer for people's rubbish - not difficult is it????

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Just thought I would add my two pennies worth.

The event itself was poorly organized as already said.

When the basic things like no bins and no event staff greating you or walking around you begin to wonder!

However with all that said I still had a fun filled few days whilst there. The reason being is because of the people I was with and the people I met there.

So a big thank you to everyone for making my weekend an enjoyable one.

This was our very first event is its kind we spent enough money on this as you would a weekend in Europe . Arrived on site and basically turned around as you could tell all the money had been spent on the website and other marketing.. its never a nice feeling being ripped off

North Hampshire

"This was our very first event is its kind we spent enough money on this as you would a weekend in Europe . Arrived on site and basically turned around as you could tell all the money had been spent on the website and other marketing.. its never a nice feeling being ripped off "

This is why we were immensely pissed off!!! We would have put it down to bad luck and poor judgement on our part - but then it transpires the press were invited in ......

Having paid my 60 pence to read said article in the Herald it's not much more than was written on the Monday so not too bad - will see what the toilet paper comes out with (if anything) before I say my final piece I guess...

By *ffrenata PaulMan  over a year ago

Birmingham | Nationwide

Hello everyone and sorry for delay in coming back to you all.

Monday and Tuesday were spent onsite breaking down the event.

Wednesday I spent sleeping until 19.50 - after 10 days straight of 18-20 hour days I needed to catch up on some sleep.

Today I have been with my solicitors discussing my options and next course of action with a national newspaper and a key supplier. As both of these are ongoing I can not and will not comment on them further at this time.

I would like to reiterate that NO members of the press or media were invited to the festival. I have no wish whatsoever, now or in the future, to promote my event at the expense of my festival goers.

I will comment further on the press once the ongoing matter has been resolved.

I am working on my statement of what went wrong at last weekends event, I endeavour to post it this evening. I have an early start again in the morning with my solicitors so, if I do not get to finish it and post this evening i will certainly do so tomorrow.

Thank you for bearing with me.

Paul

Ps, this is my first time posting to this thread. it has been created since I was last online. I have been posting to the thread 'Effrenata - have Your Say' since Monday. I will continue to post there also.

By *iss-PinkWoman  over a year ago

Gloucester

"H

Paul

Ps, this is my first time posting to this thread. it has been created since I was last online. I have been posting to the thread 'Effrenata - have Your Say' since Monday. I will continue to post there also.

"

I cannot comment on the event since I did not attend. However, this thread was started 3 days ago by the OP - and the thread 'Effrenata - Have your say' 2 days ago - so you are incorrect in your comment above.

By *ixieplusoneCouple  over a year ago

Mountain Ash

Where to start.

This was our first lifestyle festival, and as we had not yet taken a holiday this year we decided to splash out. We paid:

£195 Couples 4 day Pass.

£399 for a 4 day Bluebelle Suite.

£50 for 2 Jacuzzi Village Passes.

Total ticket price came to £644.

We were informed to arrive from midday, so we did. Sadly we then got turned away and asked to come back at 5pm as the "Glamping" site was not yet finished.

Accommodation:

We returned at 5pm and picked out a Bell-tent to stay in. Not what we were expecting!

The tents weren't erected properly, the tent edging should be tucked under the groundsheet to protect from morning damp and insects.

We were promised a king size premium Posture mattress what we got was a "small" double in size wedge of solid foam sat on pallets.

The quirky sofa was meant to have cushions but didn't.

We received 1 lantern when 2 were advertised, This was delivered after it got dark and without batteries.

There was also no "full length mirror" as advertised.

We effectively paid £399 for someone to put up a tent badly.

Hot tub Village:

Luckily we were the first couple to have access to the hot tubs on Thursday allowing us to also meet the land owner, Lovely chap.

Unfortunately that was the first and last time we got to use them as they were both destroyed by Friday afternoon. This meant we spent £50 for 30 mins in the tub.

House Party:

We were part of a group having fun in a play tent when Paul invited us to the house. Hoping for warmth and comfort, off we went. Unfortunately what we got felt more like a conference room with 20+ guests and staff sat looking bored round a huge table.

The Festival:

Lovely location ruined by poor planning, poor hygiene in the play tents. Nothing happening or advertised during the day.

Live Entertainment:

Thursday: None existent accept for dreadful music in the main pavilion played to loud to converse with the other guests sat next to us.

Friday: Vince Vega, Sadly the speakers were distorting due to the volume, this ruined it for many people.

Saturday: Danny Rampling was our savior. Epic tunes and a all round good night.

Food Vendors:

Massive thanks to all you guys and girls, good food, fun to chat too, even better fun after there stalls closed.

A special thank you to the ice cream stall for providing morning coffee.

Positive Note:

Just like to say thank you to Pauls daughter and friend, the bar staff, food vendors, little (man on a mission) Chris, and the guests that made us feel welcome throughout.

Already booked tickets to Swingfields see you there.

"Where to start.

This was our first lifestyle festival, and as we had not yet taken a holiday this year we decided to splash out. We paid:

£195 Couples 4 day Pass.

£399 for a 4 day Bluebelle Suite.

£50 for 2 Jacuzzi Village Passes.

Total ticket price came to £644.

We were informed to arrive from midday, so we did. Sadly we then got turned away and asked to come back at 5pm as the "Glamping" site was not yet finished.

Accommodation:

We returned at 5pm and picked out a Bell-tent to stay in. Not what we were expecting!

The tents weren't erected properly, the tent edging should be tucked under the groundsheet to protect from morning damp and insects.

We were promised a king size premium Posture mattress what we got was a "small" double in size wedge of solid foam sat on pallets.

The quirky sofa was meant to have cushions but didn't.

We received 1 lantern when 2 were advertised, This was delivered after it got dark and without batteries.

There was also no "full length mirror" as advertised.

We effectively paid £399 for someone to put up a tent badly.

Hot tub Village:

Luckily we were the first couple to have access to the hot tubs on Thursday allowing us to also meet the land owner, Lovely chap.

Unfortunately that was the first and last time we got to use them as they were both destroyed by Friday afternoon. This meant we spent £50 for 30 mins in the tub.

House Party:

We were part of a group having fun in a play tent when Paul invited us to the house. Hoping for warmth and comfort, off we went. Unfortunately what we got felt more like a conference room with 20+ guests and staff sat looking bored round a huge table.

The Festival:

Lovely location ruined by poor planning, poor hygiene in the play tents. Nothing happening or advertised during the day.

Live Entertainment:

Thursday: None existent accept for dreadful music in the main pavilion played to loud to converse with the other guests sat next to us.

Friday: Vince Vega, Sadly the speakers were distorting due to the volume, this ruined it for many people.

Saturday: Danny Rampling was our savior. Epic tunes and a all round good night.

Food Vendors:

Massive thanks to all you guys and girls, good food, fun to chat too, even better fun after there stalls closed.

A special thank you to the ice cream stall for providing morning coffee.

Positive Note:

Just like to say thank you to Pauls daughter and friend, the bar staff, food vendors, little (man on a mission) Chris, and the guests that made us feel welcome throughout.

Already booked tickets to Swingfields see you there."

What they said ^^^^ and our tickets are booked for swingfields too!! xx

By *inger TyrionMan  over a year ago

London

Hey please don't rope me in with Paul...... I turned up on Thursday to help and that I did in many ways...... I was not part of the planning ..... If I had of been then I would have been delegating jobs beforehand in the planning / organisation stages plus making sure that everything was sorted for the event so as I could socialise with the guests. I would have built up a great team of stewards to sort out issues etc which hopefully would have been minimal!!

I'd never met Paul before Thursday !!!

Chris (the short ginger one!!)

Birmingham | Nationwide

Firstly, I’d like you to know I have put my heart, sole and relationship in to this event – part of the reason my GF dumped me was because she could no longer take the bitching and nastiness in this scene, I must say it shocked/still shocks me. You might remember that I did a pre festival tour of the UKs swinging clubs, the first time anyone in this scene has done so I believe. We gave away cocktails and carnival attire free of charge. I received NO REVENUE from any of the events we did so, when I’m being accused of being in this for the money and that I want to take peoples money and run, that offends me.

The festival and Effrenata Ltd have been funded by my own personal money – no bank loans, overdrafts or credit of any other form. I have no bank manager or business partner to produce a profit to.

I am not in this to make money. I did not have any intention of making money from the festival this year, next year or in 2017. All being well, I should start to turn a profit in 2018 – which will be ploughed back in to the festival. I refute allegations I am here to screw people and make money – wake up and look at what I put on, luxury marquees, in the grounds of a statley home with headline DJs Mr & Mrs Rampling & Vince Vega, that stuff doesn’t come cheap folks.

----------------------------------

What Went Wrong?

Everything was going swimmingly up until Tuesday 8th September. We began set-up Sunday 6th September, 14.00. By 21.00 Sunday evening we had all bar one festival marquee built – we were half a day ahead of schedule.

Tuesday morning I was presented with a huge curve ball. I’m not going to go into fine detail for obvious reasons but will tell you this, I had a major cash flow issue – I had available funds but could not access them.

I spent Tuesday morning trying to resolve the issue. As the morning went on, what became more alarming than the issue itself was the fact there was no clear sign of when the cash flow problem would be resolved.

After taking stock, my most realistic option available was to cancel the event. I was being advised from different sides to cancel the festival. ‘No f*****g way’ I said.

I started to speak with key suppliers re my cash flow issue, what a mistake that was! Word spread around the suppliers – event and artist industry are close nit and intertwined I found out - that I had no money. Some supplier’s terms were Payment on Delivery, some were Payment At End Of Event, and some where Payment On Account (30 day invoice). Within a matter of hours nearly all, and definitely all key suppliers, were demanding Payment on Delivery. I now had a real big problem.

Again, I was being advised the only option was to pull the event. ‘Never!’ I told them – and I also had to keep telling that to myself too.

I spent Tuesday afternoon, evening and well into the night fighting fires with my suppliers. I extinguished the fire with supplier 1, then the fire of supplier 2, fire 3, fire 4, 5,6… fire 9…. When I looked back round fire 1, 3, 4 ,5 & 6 had reignited…

My last phone call finished at 01.49 on the morning of Wednesday 9th. I was back onsite at 08.30 Wednesday morning. We were now a full day behind our set-up schedule. We did not manage to pull back the lost day when the festival opened Thursday at midday.

Let me tell you, I run a family business with my dad. We argue like cat and dog over the way the business should be run, we have done for eight years. At times it’s very stressful, and nothing like most jobs are – I’m told by outsiders! Wednesday 9th September is so far without doubt, the most challenging day I have ever faced in my 37 years. A few close friends – who were fully in the loop of the days events - commended me for pulling it off.

Thursday is where it got really interesting and started to go badly wrong. Staff and event management team members either just physically did not turn up or, turned up in person but not in mind. Too many people who were there to help thought it would be better for them to join the party. To compound the problem a key supplier started to move the goal posts on our agreed payment terms which took my time up and also took me away from concentrating on getting the festival complete and underway.

When I really needed friends and (paid) volunteers to step up and get stuck in, most of them stood by and started drinking and eating the free food and drinks I’d put on – cheers guys!

Those that did stand up, got stuck in. Unfortunately there was that much that needed sorting we did not have enough hands to complete it all. So, basically we went in to Friday chasing our tails.

Friday morning the key supplier again started moving the goal posts on our agreed terms – threatening to pull the event - this again required my time and prevented me from being able to focus fully on the event. This coupled with helpers not pulling their weight, resulted in the management of the festival basically falling apart. To that I put my hands up and take sole responsibility. I can’t tell you how sorry I am.

I’m in ongoing discussion with my solicitors regarding this key supplier so I can not comment on the matter further at this point, once it’s resolved I will be back to let those of you who are interested know what went on.

What We Failed To Deliver

Bins, Festival Signage, Event Programmes, Porn Cinema, Glory Holes and Camp Fire, Fresh Wipes

For the things I failed to deliver on, I would like to offer ticket holders to this years event the following discounts

Festival Ticket Effrenata 2016 – 25% discount

Lifetime Discount to ALL Effrenata Events – 10% discount for life

What We Did Deliver

It seems what we we DID deliver last weekend is being overlooked, so here it is

- Salon de Libertine; an on-trend lounge bar with very reasonably priced premium drinks, unique sound of The Global Lounge DJs, comfy sofas and dance floor.

- Saints & Sinners; a full on party marquee with dungeon, play beds, live performances from Club Decadence, headline DJs Mr & Mrs Rampling & Mr & Mrs Vega, reasonably priced premium drinks, a sexy sound system and dance floor.

- Play Tents; three different themed play tents, all with play beds and heating.

- Pool Party*; heated pool and Jacuzzi spas

- Massage Tent

- BMFC hosted tent

- Play tents; two themed play tents and dungeon tent

- Workshops from Wonderland, Liberty Pink, Decadence and Kitty Mulholland

- Live fetish performances from Club Decadence & friends from leading London clubs

- Premium drinks menu at very reasonable prices

- Reasonable priced tasty food – albeit with a limited choice, two food traders failed to show up

- Contemporary toilets and showers

- Heating to all marquees and play tents as promised

- Secure festival and camping site

- 24 hour friendly and professional security team

- Scenic festival site

While we’re receiving mainly negative feedback on here – which I appreciate and want to hear, or I cannot correct my errors – elsewhere we are receiving much praise for what we did put on. This feedback has come from festival goers, production team (who work on many of the countries leading festivals and events) DJs, VIP guests and leading promoters/clubs.

Like some of the promoters, event organisers and headline DJs said to me, it was the festivals first year. The first year is always a learning curve for any festival. Main thing is you delivered on the big things, the important things and gave the people a good party.

I appreciate we need to iron out some things for next year, believe me we will – I do not want to let myself down again never mind my paying customers.

Effrenata will be back in 2016. Bigger. Better. Stronger.

Refund Policy Effrenata 2016

I will offer a full refund policy for next years event, it will work like this

Buy your ticket. Attend the festival. Once you’ve been at the festival for four hours, if you are not 100% happy you will be able to leave and receive a full, no-quibbles refund – including your booking fee.

This will be clearly printed within our ticket T&Cs

Finally, to those that don’t know me or have not yet met me. I’m an honest, straight forward guy. I had a vision for Effrenata Lifestyle Festival, a vision I fully believed I could deliver – I still know I can deliver, and will do so next year.

A single event that happened – the cash flow issue - two days before the event started, set in motion a snowball of problems. I gave my soul trying to keep the event from failing. Somehow I pulled it off. With hindsight, it might have been the correct course of action to postpone the event but, I couldn’t foresee the events that were going to unfold over the weekend of the event – major distractions from a key supplier and the failure of some event staff and event management team to perform their roles.

That said, I do take full responsibility for the failures of this years event. Over the coming weeks, once I’ve had chance to fully rest, I will start to dissect what went on pre, during and post the event. Any steps I need to take personally and for the good of the business will be taken to ensure a smooth and professional event next year.

But please remember, I’m here to help raise the bar in the UK swinging scene. What I need from you guys is your support and encouragement, yeah I messed up on a few things but I still put on 95% of what I said I was going to.

I am available to speak to over the phone or in person should anybody wish to do so.

Thank you

Paul

Birmingham | Nationwide

"H

Paul

I cannot comment on the event since I did not attend. However, this thread was started 3 days ago by the OP - and the thread 'Effrenata - Have your say' 2 days ago - so you are incorrect in your comment above."

Thank you for pulling me up on this criminal error. The sleep deprivation and abnormally high stress levels probably have something to do with my poor concentration level.

I'd like to rephrase that then. Sorry I hadn't posted to this thread yet. Obviously I hadn't seen it had been started.

Thank you x

"H

Paul

I cannot comment on the event since I did not attend. However, this thread was started 3 days ago by the OP - and the thread 'Effrenata - Have your say' 2 days ago - so you are incorrect in your comment above.

Thank you for pulling me up on this criminal error. The sleep deprivation and abnormally high stress levels probably have something to do with my poor concentration level.

I'd like to rephrase that then. Sorry I hadn't posted to this thread yet. Obviously I hadn't seen it had been started.

Thank you x"

Paul - you have been very selective in listing what you didn't deliver. The most glaring omission from the list is the VIP Secret Garden. We paid £98 for admission on the Saturday and we have written to you asking for a refund, but haven't received a reply.

There is a very long list of other promises you failed to deliver on - personal consierge (why you thought that was a good idea on a festival weekend is a mystery), waitress service, specification of the bell tents, camp fire, etc, etc.

We might have given you more credit for what you did deliver (even now you are still exaggerating on that) if you were more honest about what was not delivered.

By *ilmisseCouple  over a year ago

leicestershire

So you take full responsibility... but it was your suppliers fault, your helpers fault, your cashflow issue, staff's fault, management teams fault

North West

Absolutely dumb founded by your response to all this Paul!

If you seriously believe that short list is all you failed to deliver on you are even more deluded than we were for believing your marketing lies!

My first response to this sorry debacle was not to kick a guy when he's down! We actually felt sorry for you!! Oh how that has changed.

I relooked at the website and what we were expecting to get for our money. Life's to short to sit and write a truthful list of what you actually failed to deliver!

The worrying thing for me is that you are acutely expecting people to part with their hard earned cash and trust you all over again next year. You might just gain some respect back and trust of present and future festival goers if you offer some sort of refund for this years poorly executed festival before offering and promising the earth for the next one!

Things go wrong we can all appreciate that but its how its rectified and dealt with that people will remember you for.

Calling and blaming your staff is below the belt big time.

As for arguing with your dad for 8 years over business, here's a thought for you... Maybe you should get him to organise Effrenata 2016 ...maybe he will deliver what is advertised! after all that is all people are asking for.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok this seems to have reached its end now....the organiser has posted with his explanation, maybe it would be best to mail him direct now for requests of refunds etc.