FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Effrenata Lifestyle Festival - Have Your Say

Effrenata Lifestyle Festival - Have Your Say

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ffrenata Paul OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham | Nationwide

Hello all,

Firstly, I'm not happy with what I delivered this weekend.

I'm still onsite breaking down the festival site and then clearing up the fields before handing back to the house owner.

As the week goes on I will be back here to give you a frank and honest report on what went wrong over the weekend and before the event opened.

What I can tell you at this point is this, I didn't deliver everything that I said I was going to, believe there is no one more upset about this than me.

So, here's what I am offering all ticket holders who attended this years event

- 25% discount on festival tickets for Effrenata 2016

- 50% discount on Bluebelle Suites (to those who booked a Bluebelle Suite this year

- 10% discount on ALL Effrenata events for life

Thanks and I'll be back soon.

Paul xx

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Interesting you haven't even mentioned inviting the press.......

For us no discount would make us pay up and attend next year. The lack of respect you showed people by inviting the press shows me that you are not thinking of your clientele your are thinking of publicising the event to line your pockets for next year.

From reading the comments on the other thread, id say most people want a refund, and not a discount!

Birmingham | Nationwide

The Press

No papers were given an Exclusive.

The Daily Mail

The DM turned up at the gate Friday morning, I went I speak to them. I have the reporter his story.

Once we'd finished chatting i said to the reporter 'Now, I've given you my time and the content for your story. So, I'd now like you to do something for me. Give me your word that you will not publish any pictures of my festival goers or car registration plates'.

The reporter replied with 'we've taken some shots from public land but I cant guarantee that that will happen'.

'My friend, my clients do everything they can to keep their private life private. Have a bit of decency and please respect that. What do have to gain from publishing someone's face or car reg. Please be moral and do the right thing'.

No faces or car regs were published.

The Herald

They called the landowner Thursday, he spoke to them and then passed them on to me. Friday afternoon I arrived back to site from picking some stick up locally. I noticed a car sitting by the entrance gate with two occupants, one using a laptop. I asked who they were and what they were doing.

They identified themselves as being from The Herald. I asked if they'd taken any pictures, no they replied. I asked them into the event so they could take pictures - this way I was in control of what they photographed. They would have taken shots from public land just like the DM had done if I'd not invited them in - what they shot and published would now be out of my control.

You will see from their publication on Thursday that no faces or registration plates were shot.

The Sun

It was bought to my attention Saturday night that there were two reporters from The Sun in Saints & Sinners.

I asked the couple to join me for a drink in Salon de Libertine. I asked why they hadn't contacted me for a story or access to the event.

They replied with 'our editor did try and get hold of you (the event organiser) but to no joy. The editor then sent it to their legal team - they had read our T&Cs and were aware that the press must identify themselves to us before purchasing a ticket and entering the event. Their legal team advised them to buy a ticket and risk it. Shocking - but then again it is The Sun so, maybe not so shocking after all.

We continued chatting. I asked if they had taken any photos, no they replied. I tricked them into getting their phones out to take some shots.

'Before you do take some shots please prove to me that you haven't already taken any shots' I said. The female reporter instantly hit her Photo stream and should she hadn't. They guy hesitated, I walked round to him and stood over his shoulder 'Please show me your photo stream'. Eventually he did, first pic was a shot of people dancing in Saints & Sinners. I scrolled through his phone and saw at least 6 more shots taken from inside Saints & Sinners.

I confiscated his phone and asked my security team to eject both of them from site. I am still in Poseidon of his phone. Once we have cleared the festival site I will be on to The Sun to resolve this matter.

As you all know, no photos have been published in The Sun.

My Responsibilty To You

It is my responsibility to protect the identity of my clients at all times and by whatever means. So far, it's seems I've managed to do this. If me bringing The Herald into the event has upset anyone, please consider this, so far no papers have published any face or car registration shots.

Paul

I'd like a part refund! £600 plus for a tent in a field with nothing we were promised is ridiculous!! We had to buy our own food and drinks etc on top of it! Which we wouldn't mind doing but as we didn't get what we were promised I think a refund is in store!!! If things weren't the way you had described you should've fixed it so it was!!! We dont want a discount for next year... just a part refund for this year... people who paid to camp were using the upgraded loos instead of the portable loos... you can buy your own bluebelle tents for between £300 and £500 which is laughable...

Not one person we spoke to said they were happy with the event.

The hot tubs broke...

The list goes on!!! Refund please!!!

I hope you get your refunds, I thought the heaven circus event was bad this looks even more bad if you paid with a debit or credit card and don't get a refund from them direct, I would consider going to your card issuer and get advice as this sounds really bad.

By *iss SugarWoman  over a year ago

not far from Brighton

"

As the week goes on I will be back here to give you a frank and honest report on what went wrong over the weekend and before the event opened.

What I can tell you at this point is this, I didn't deliver everything that I said I was going to, believe there is no one more upset about this than me.

"

Would be good to know what happened that caused it to all go wrong so we can all decide if its things that can be rectified for next year or if its just lack of preparation that has resulted in such a hyped event to fall flat on its face. Lucky chams were happy to take in your disappointed clients!

In my opinion the press should NEVER be informed of such events let alone invited to them.. they will always write what they feel will sell and use photos that have the biggest impact regardless of how it impacts those photographed or written about.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

So, you take a lot of money from people and couldn't deliver what was promised.

You are now offering to take less money for next time but will still promise to deliver better than what happened this time?

I have a funny feeling that people aren't going to trust you...

Paul unfortunately didn't sell enough tickets, so obviously didn't have the finances to complete the job after the main overheads took their share. People will feel short changed, I would have done if taken the extras but I think he did try, it was probably the wrong end of the summer to sell an outdoor event.

As he's taken a lot of stick, imagine what he's going through?? We can all have big ambitions and with the names and location, it was just too expensive to put on. Imagine the grief if he had cancelled the week before? How can he offer refunds if the funds are not there??

I don't want to upset anyone but he's just a guy on his own getting all this abuse, just feel a little sorry for him.. TBH he was a wanker with me, nasty comment to his bar staff that he knew I overheard and tried to back-track but at the end of the day, sticks and stones blah blah.... I would welcome his comment on that via a private message though!!

So, I'm prepared to forget, maybe some of the others too?? We personally had a great time but that was because we didn't spend so much and with good friends.. I can see the argument from both sides, the higher the price, the less you got!

We considered attending but luckily decided against it , it sounds like a complete shambles. Would be interesting to know if the organiser invested all of the ticket sales money into the event or if he took some for himself as profit ?

Also it would seem nieve to make promises about an event that was going to be funded purely on ticket sales alone and not to have some investment to cover any shortfall in sales revenue.

This guy sounds like a complete con artist.

I've been reading the reviews and posts on this with interest, I feel really sorry for all of those that attended the event and had this experience and lost money. It's good that most have put a wee positive spin on it by saying they spent the time with friends and made new ones and that helped the overall poor experience.

To be frank his gesture of goodwill is pathetic. People put their trust and faith in him and he delivered very little of what people bought into. I appreciate things can go wrong and issues when organising a big event can crop up. However that said, it seems like it was farcical and a comedy of errors that left few people laughing. It's a shame he didn't sell enough tickets, but as anyone would agree, he would have known for a long time he was unable to deliver what he had so tastefully laid out on his website....so he had plenty of opportunity to advise people that things were going wrong. But then again, it was his bank balance that was looking pretty, not just his website.

I'm not sure what organiser Paul hopes to achieve by offering discounts for people to return next year....that in itself is laughable. The fact he's declined to answer specifics says a lot for his "company" and for him as a person.

I think he's got delusions of grandeur and over promised thinking he was planning an up market sex festival, big names, luxury, fancy web site and delivered little of what he promised. Its trading standards.....oh but wait....will people look to claim from him through small claims court or through their credit card......probably not. That's understandable and he knows it.

He comes out of this badly, but clearly he feels justified to have the cheek to put on another weekend next year.....good luck with that. You'll need it and have to work bloody hard to get anyone to trust you...ever again.

As for the media, his reply is a joke. He tries to make out he's the big man, he tried all he could to resolve, took phones etc (doubt it, after all, can you really trust this man's word?!). The fact that he's spoken with them, breached people's trust and privacy says it all about this guy. It's all about boosting his profile and lining his pockets.

Just sorry that people on here trusted him and were let down badly.

Mrs

"This guy sounds like a complete con artist.

I've been reading the reviews and posts on this with interest, I feel really sorry for all of those that attended the event and had this experience and lost money. It's good that most have put a wee positive spin on it by saying they spent the time with friends and made new ones and that helped the overall poor experience.

To be frank his gesture of goodwill is pathetic. People put their trust and faith in him and he delivered very little of what people bought into. I appreciate things can go wrong and issues when organising a big event can crop up. However that said, it seems like it was farcical and a comedy of errors that left few people laughing. It's a shame he didn't sell enough tickets, but as anyone would agree, he would have known for a long time he was unable to deliver what he had so tastefully laid out on his website....so he had plenty of opportunity to advise people that things were going wrong. But then again, it was his bank balance that was looking pretty, not just his website.

I'm not sure what organiser Paul hopes to achieve by offering discounts for people to return next year....that in itself is laughable. The fact he's declined to answer specifics says a lot for his "company" and for him as a person.

I think he's got delusions of grandeur and over promised thinking he was planning an up market sex festival, big names, luxury, fancy web site and delivered little of what he promised. Its trading standards.....oh but wait....will people look to claim from him through small claims court or through their credit card......probably not. That's understandable and he knows it.

He comes out of this badly, but clearly he feels justified to have the cheek to put on another weekend next year.....good luck with that. You'll need it and have to work bloody hard to get anyone to trust you...ever again.

As for the media, his reply is a joke. He tries to make out he's the big man, he tried all he could to resolve, took phones etc (doubt it, after all, can you really trust this man's word?!). The fact that he's spoken with them, breached people's trust and privacy says it all about this guy. It's all about boosting his profile and lining his pockets.

Mrs "

Was you there?? Really this thread should be for only attendees!! Imo..

Mrs

Was you there?? Really this thread should be for only attendees!! Imo.."

Absolutely you are within your right to have your own opinion, just as I am to have mine on an open forum. Obviously IMO too.

Mrs

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

Mrs "

I was there, and I agree with the above. On the question of ticket sales, the website (and Paul on here) said that all VIP tickets were sold out in the week leading upto the event, this does not tally with the actual situation. Just sick of being fobbed off and lied to, not just before the event, but at the event and even in the aftermath. He needs to admit his mistakes, appologise and give at least a partial refund for all the things he promised that never happened.

I think, from what he said to us, it was not the number of VIP tickets sold but the number of festival tickets sold. If he took all the "VIPs" into another party then hardly anyone else was left behind to have a non-VIP party and he didnt want to do that.

I dunno, just going on what I heard so no idea if it's really the situation. For now we will take it at face value rather than speculate or accuse.

I'm sure we will hear from Paul once he's finished pulling the festival site down.

Mrs

We were there and couldn't have put it better. It was a huge con and we had to laugh (could have cried at the waste of money - we were daft enough to buy the VIP tickets) when we read the website after we got home (we had tickets for the full 4 days, but packed it in on the Saturday). We read it again just to make sure we hadn't made it up in our heads (personal concierge, waitress service, etc, etc etc....,,)

Paul told us (when he explained why there was no VIP party) that by the end of the previous week that ticket sales were very low. So he had plenty of time to amend the website and lower expectations. Would have been much better than over promising and (massively) under delivering. We might not have felt quite so ripped off!

"I think, from what he said to us, it was not the number of VIP tickets sold but the number of festival tickets sold. If he took all the "VIPs" into another party then hardly anyone else was left behind to have a non-VIP party and he didnt want to do that.

I dunno, just going on what I heard so no idea if it's really the situation. For now we will take it at face value rather than speculate or accuse.

I'm sure we will hear from Paul once he's finished pulling the festival site down.

"

"If he took all the "VIPs" into another party then hardly anyone else was left behind to have a non-VIP party and he didnt want to do that"

If that is the case, it follows that the majority of people there had bought VIP tickets. So why not give the majority what they had paid for? True the non VIP ticket holders would be even more disappointed than they already are, but according to Paul's explanation, they were a smile minority and could it have got much worse for them?

Paul did offer entry into a private house party as an alternative to a refund, but surely that contradicts his stated aim of avoiding leaving hardly anyone in the main party? (If the house party did go ahead, we knew nothing about it).

At the risk of more speculation, I suspect that Paul was cutting his losses by cancelling the VIP party and I doubt that any promised refund will be forthcoming.

"For us no discount would make us pay up and attend next year. The lack of respect you showed people by inviting the press shows me that you are not thinking of your clientele your are thinking of publicising the event to line your pockets for next year. "

I didn't go (missed the date) but I was under the impression that it was all hush-hush for security and privacy.

Indeed the website indicated venue details would only be issued closer to the time.

It's a little naughty inviting the press isn't it???

Badly arranged badly managed and badly promoted. When organising an event like this there should be backup plans in place to ensure that ticket buyers get what they paid for. The fact that loads of swinger's I know from here had no idea the festival was taking place shows how badly it was marketed and promoted.

There must have come a point when he realised ticket sales weren't going to provide enough revenue to provide what he promised.

"Still has not said why it went wrong?

IMO the guys a scroat, and a con merchant trying to make a tidy few bob on the back of this site.

Needs stringing up by his nutsack and thrashed to within an inch of his life "

For someone that didnt even go. Keeps their profile hidden you sure have a lot to say!!!!

It is so clearly obvious that the things that didn't happen were because of ticket sales being less than forecast. Let the guy clear up the festival and answer like he said he would.

We were there and all I saw on Friday and Saturday evenings were people having an absolute ball with great music.

Oooh and please for those to say they had nothing to do during the day... streuth make your own fun, that moan just sounds like a petulant child that cant think for themselves.

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple  over a year ago

North Hampshire

There was things to go and watch in the main tents during the day. There was even a schedule! I saw a copy with one of the staff. Thing was that it was running 5 hours late but it wasn't published anywhere so people just didn't know what was on the day agenda. Just adds to the mess really and you can't blame poor ticket sales on poor communication.

By *imeonSimonCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Located on a People per hour web site:

Paul Grassick - Festival Promoter

Busy chap looking for on-the-ball, easy going and honest folk to jump aboard the effrenata Lifetsyle Festival train

We're about to re-write the UK Swinging scene, it's overdue - trust me!

I need SEO gurus, Blog writers, Translators and a magician with a magic wand

Guess he never found the last man!

North Hampshire

Oh and as an aside - thumping fecking house music all day and all night ( in the campsite) does not a sexy time make!!!!!

"Still has not said why it went wrong?

IMO the guys a scroat, and a con merchant trying to make a tidy few bob on the back of this site.

Needs stringing up by his nutsack and thrashed to within an inch of his life

For someone that didnt even go. Keeps their profile hidden you sure have a lot to say!!!!

It is so clearly obvious that the things that didn't happen were because of ticket sales being less than forecast. Let the guy clear up the festival and answer like he said he would.

We were there and all I saw on Friday and Saturday evenings were people having an absolute ball with great music.

Oooh and please for those to say they had nothing to do during the day... streuth make your own fun, that moan just sounds like a petulant child that cant think for themselves."

Point is people don't need to pay £300+ to make their own fun in a field. We could do that for nothing. By his own admission Paul new the ticket sales were woefully bad and he cut (huge) corners. Trouble is he didn't inform the punters (that's how we were made to feel) and even after cutting those corners he was still taking new bookings on the basis of the highly misleading offer on his website. To make matters even worse (difficult, but it did get worse!) he was still taking bookings after the location details had been emailed to ticket holders, but hadn't set up a system to ensure the late bookers were sent location details. We even received an email on the Saturday from a couple in Manchester who had booked and had tried emailing and calling the organisers, but still hadn't received the location details. We didn't tell them, because we had no way of telling they were genuine and didn't want to run the risk of letting in the Press (bit of a joke considering what we discovered later about Paul inviting in the local Press), but we know from other posts on Fab there were a lot of couples in the same situation.

People did make the best of it (did they have any other choice?), but that was no thanks to Paul!!!

By *achelnMarkCouple  over a year ago

Mid Wiltshire

Not a hope in hell of us going to one of these. And thats not just because you delivered little of the promise. Refund would be apprecaited for the lack of pool/hot tub party (cold sh*t coloured water wasn't appealing). Paying on the day (before finding what it was) was annoying

You must've known it was going pants up early on and should've forewarned and offered refunds.

Press involvement is utterly diabolical. So, the people who have their shadow photos gave their permission did they? And if no numberplates were shown, I know many vehicles there were "unique" and easily identifyable even without numberplates showing - ours included.

THAT is the biggest issue - blown all trust for us and I know many others.

(The crap value for money is trivial compared to that)

North Hampshire

I also wanted to add, I don't think name calling etc is very helpful! Shit happens blah blah blah.

Whether at the end of the day it all went a bit 'Pete Tong' (see what I did there???) regardless of whose to blame.

The one thing that does stick in the throat is the press thing and the party in the bloody campsite - we could have gone to Torquay for that and probably saved some money!

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Ok, I've been reading all of this with interest. We were asked to get involved when the event was in it's infancy and decided not to.

We weren't there so will not comment on detail but planning just one big club night is hard enough, never mind a whole festival. However, as time was passing, I felt there were a lot of things lacking from the PR and the information being released. I'd hoped that everything would fall into place for the organisers as I know how hard it is to run such events. It's a shame to hear it didn't go well. I don't think anyone sets out to fail or let people down, but how it's managed and handled at the time is what matters the most.

From one business person to another, you admit you failed. Money off for next year is not going to satisfy the majority of people as they won't trust you to go back next year. It is good business practice and just common decency to offer refunds. To decline such requests may cost you more in the long run...I can see more than a couple of people may go legal on this; I'm hoping you have insurance to cover legal costs.

I personally think the way forward is a public explanation and apology once you're sorted on site and an offer of recompense to each ticket holder. If the money is spent, then find a way to do this. Like I said before, not offering money back may cost you more. If you are a limited company, the business is responsible for the debt, not you personally and hopefully your insurance will have the right cover.

I think the time has passed to think about the reputation of the business and its future; your current disgruntled customers must come first.

Sorry to hear that it didn't go well for all involved

XXXX

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

in a weird and warped way the only saving grace from this entire weekend debacle is that effrenata and heaven circus happened on the same weekend...

could you imagine if there had been people who would have had the misfortune of going to both

its been a clusterfuck......

rather than firefighting and saying people will get a discount for the next one ( which both have now done) just give the people their money back...

there is an old adage...

fool me once... shame on you

fool me twice... shame on me

why when you made such a mess of the first one should people trust you again...

trust is earned... not given

you... and heaven circus.... have abused the trust (and the benefit of the doubt) that was given

I hope some are brave enough to seek recompense in small claims.....

By *up1downCouple  over a year ago

leamington spa

Paul we had a great time thank you !

I have run some big events myself, now yes he was trying to make money, now who here is not trying to make a living? bet he has not made much out of this! you know why, he did not sell enough tickets

but I bet next year will be great,

but Paul it was bad !!

but we will be back cos some great people where there, and we may have never meet them so thank you

Funny how none of the clubs that were involved / supported or sponsored this event have not spoken up or anything ?

Firstly I didn't attend and some may think that doesn't entitle me to have an opinion

But I'll still add my 2p worth

The supposed media outlets that were present will obviously give their angle on of the event, glamouratising the whole event but what if the people on the scene went to the media and gave their opinion on the event direct to the media ??

If the organiser was all about self promotion for future events then the attendees of future events should be made aware

Zurich. NOT London.

"Oh and as an aside - thumping fecking house music all day and all night ( in the campsite) does not a sexy time make!!!!!"

With you completely, asked several times for him to turn it down/off got told he was official dj. Eventually a few of the guys from BMFC had a word, I'd like to thank them for shutting him up.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

Paul

I did not attend your event and I am so glad that I didn't

But if I had, I would be sure to take you to a small claim's court and not only file a claim for a full refund, but for damages too. I would have had to take time off work and travel to your field

Oh, and as a single, childless woman whose boss knows that I go to swingers clubs, I would have no issue with the publicity but for the fact that I will ask the court that my physical safety could be compromised by stalkers so could I please have a screen in the court when I give my witness statement

Good luck with your discounts for next year

Josie

Omg !!!! I'm so glad I didn't take the offer of attending what a absolute joke !!!

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

Hi there we as a club attended the event as traders. We paid ourselves to promote our club to guests and let them know what we as a club had to offer.

We were no way affiliated with the event and were as disappointed as many of you were!

Eureka

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

A very interesting read. I doubt that the Organiser had anything but good intentions on organising this event. Unfortunately, as ticket sales seemingly did not reach anticipated levels so compromises would have to be made.

Pretty confident that the venue would have needed paying in advance as would the facilities. It would be a tough call in the run up to the event to try to cancel or offer refunds when the cash was probably already spent.

We didn't go only because we are away on business, but we would have gone otherwise. My gut feeling is that every effort to improve the image of this lifestyle and make it more mainstream I to be applauded. Not every event can ever be a success and some are bound to fail for all sorts of reasons.

If the event organiser took money on a fraudulent basis then that is a criminal offence. If he just fucked up but fucked up with good intention then maybe he would have to answer in a civil court but I would doubt that there would be any money to refund people.

It is sad for the lifestyle because people may well now think twice before booking ahead for events like these.

I am not an event organiser but would have thought the organiser should have been anticipating making a loss on their first event and if lucky break even or make a profit. You make sure you can fund everything you promise from own or investors pockets and recoup as much as possible from ticket sales. That way even if your first event is poorly attended, feedback etc will ensure better attendance in the future.

Not sure why you would plan to only spend what you receive from ticket sales and not expect this to happen. I don't think you would have done this if it wasn't a swingers event as you would have considered litigation, complaints to trading standards. It sounds like the organiser has taken advantage of the fact that swingers are less likely to complain or make claims due to privacy concerns.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

Just to balance the argument that the organiser has made a loss and therefore, morally, does not need to give full refunds

Had the organiser made a profit, would that have been given as dividends to the ticket holders?

Very few festival organisers make large profits, even the big established ones such as glasto and the isle of eight. Reading festival has only started making a profit in the last few years and That I a well established one... To try and do a festival to a niche market like the swinging world promising what he did with top name dj's etc etc no financial backing or very deep pockets was either very brave or very stupid... I feel sorry for those that paid lots of money and did not get what they were promised.. I do however have a certain amount of sympathy for the organiser, I think he really wanted to deliver what he set out to do, I don't think however his budget was realistic and he panicked. I do feel the press intrusion was wrong and he dropped a massive bollock with that one... To be honest I think the fab forums will be the least of his worries, I would not be surprised if the bank manager is not asking for the keys to his house already.....

" I would not be surprised if the bank manager is not asking for the keys to his house already....."

I hope he gets to keep his house.

"Funny how none of the clubs that were involved / supported or sponsored this event have not spoken up or anything ?"

Never a truer word said, then again were they just taken in by his patter? X

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't use this thread to advertise a different club please.

By *lassy and classicCouple  over a year ago

nr Exeter

Having never been to a festival before...I can understand a lot of the issues raised Paul and I had a chat on Thursday evening and he took on board everything I said in the presence of experienced festival people.

He has been honest put his hands up for the failings.

So why not stop attacking and slating...it has all been said...

I have not spoken to anyone who did not have a great time...you made it was it was...as far as we were concerned it was an adventure and an experience....we chatted to other people involved in the organisation they listened and resolved what they could.....

We had an amazing weekend meeting fantastic people the people complaining shame you did not have so much fun.Had to post this as it takes people like Paul to give it a go to try and make a great venue for people to have fun...so time to move on we all learn by mistakes and if you run it again next year we will be there and support it....we are newbies so no affinity to Paul but it was a great weekend.....xx

"Having never been to a festival before...I can understand a lot of the issues raised Paul and I had a chat on Thursday evening and he took on board everything I said in the presence of experienced festival people.

He has been honest put his hands up for the failings.

So why not stop attacking and slating...it has all been said...

I have not spoken to anyone who did not have a great time...you made it was it was...as far as we were concerned it was an adventure and an experience....we chatted to other people involved in the organisation they listened and resolved what they could.....

We had an amazing weekend meeting fantastic people the people complaining shame you did not have so much fun.Had to post this as it takes people like Paul to give it a go to try and make a great venue for people to have fun...so time to move on we all learn by mistakes and if you run it again next year we will be there and support it....we are newbies so no affinity to Paul but it was a great weekend.....xx"

I guess continuing to take bookings when he knew he couldn't provide what was offered is honest? (if you need reminding what was offered have a look at the website - there's a very long list of promises not delivered, some of them quite laughable in hindsightI).

I guess leaving the website and his Fab profile unamended when he knew it was a gross misrepresentation is being honest?

We are experienced festival goers and campers and have never experienced anything as oversold and as shambolic as last weekend.

Have a look at the posts from the people you say are "slating and attacking" the poor old organiser. You will see that a lot of them have said they enjoyed themselves, but that was because of the people they met and no thanks to Paul. What they are angry about is the gross misrepresentation and the feeling of being blatantly ripped off.

Oh almost forgot - they are also very angry about the Press being invited in (that really does beggar belief!).

A previous poster (someone who runs a club and events) has given Paul some good advice. A crucial part of that advise is to refund people who paid for goods and services they didn't receive. He quite rightly says that Paul will never be trusted again if he doesn't. If Paul doesn't heed that advice and if he does attempt to run the festival again next year, he and you will find these forums full of disgruntled folk "attacking and slating" him again and for good reason. I have a sneaky feeling that might have an impact on ticket sales.

You say you are newbies and I assume you have nothing to compare it with. so here's a free tip. If you want an amazing weekend meeting fantastic people at a fraction of the price, where you get what is offered and the event is brilliantly organised, try Swingfields.

It's all a great pity, because the venue couldn't have been better. It was also a great idea, just very poorly executed. His reputation (and the chances of a successful second go) could have been rescued by a little honesty before the event and not after it!

Fingers crossed that Swingfields book the venue for next year. Now that would be worth the money!

[Removed by poster at 16/09/15 21:50:14]

I have read both of the forum threads on this event.

The one thing I cant see anywhere is the word "SORRY"

Just saying

"Paul we had a great time thank you !

I have run some big events myself, now yes he was trying to make money, now who here is not trying to make a living? bet he has not made much out of this! you know why, he did not sell enough tickets

but I bet next year will be great,

but Paul it was bad !!

but we will be back cos some great people where there, and we may have never meet them so thank you "

Here here !!.....

Sounds like a vile experience for almost everyone. Sorry for anyone who went. As for inviting a paper... Christ. Shame on you, OP.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I can't see the exclusive article or pics online but it is referenced 'in this weeks herald' section. Does anyone have a hard copy to know what's in the article and what the pics show?

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

We were considering this at one stage, but other life events meant we couldn't go. I'm not offering my opinion on any as we was not there.

I find with most festivals that they get better over the years. I think that the organisers will have there work cut out to entice people that went this year. We will keep an open mind and see where this festival goes in the coming years. Rome was not built in a day...........

By *ookinkMan  over a year ago

Skegness

So there was bad bits but also good bits. The DJ's and Artists did there bit and there was a party each night with lots of people enjoying what was happening. All of the issues next time will be sorted it a sad that there is little feedback about this and how the food did tasce like. Or the location of event.

I have been on the planning team of a non swinging event about same size so know the issues pual had.

Boo _ Club Decadence

"I can't see the exclusive article or pics online but it is referenced 'in this weeks herald' section. Does anyone have a hard copy to know what's in the article and what the pics show? "

I've just googled it and there's nothing there as yet! I'm hoping we're worrying about nothing though. Though I don't necessarily agree with it, I can see Paul's point that giving an interview to the press may help to control what pics etc are published. X

"So there was bad bits but also good bits. The DJ's and Artists did there bit and there was a party each night with lots of people enjoying what was happening. All of the issues next time will be sorted it a sad that there is little feedback about this and how the food did tasce like. Or the location of event.

I have been on the planning team of a non swinging event about same size so know the issues pual had.

Boo _ Club Decadence"

There's been lots of good stuff said about the party too didn't eat any of the food so can't comment. We had fun. And we will go again if it makes it to a 2nd year

"I can't see the exclusive article or pics online but it is referenced 'in this weeks herald' section. Does anyone have a hard copy to know what's in the article and what the pics show?

I've just googled it and there's nothing there as yet! I'm hoping we're worrying about nothing though. Though I don't necessarily agree with it, I can see Paul's point that giving an interview to the press may help to control what pics etc are published. X"

From the website:

Our reporter Simon Woodings and photographer Mark Williamson were given an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at a swingers festival that was held at a stately home on our patch at the weekend

There's a pic of the front page so at least we're not on it but would like to see the article and pics themselves

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"From reading the comments on the other thread, id say most people want a refund, and not a discount! "

no amount of money, what about the press?

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

Mrs

why, its in the public, Paul has had his say and it seems poor response, people should have their money, he would have known about problems early on, and lets face it, the prices were not the average for what people recieved

[Removed by poster at 17/09/15 13:46:23]

"So there was bad bits but also good bits. The DJ's and Artists did there bit and there was a party each night with lots of people enjoying what was happening. All of the issues next time will be sorted it a sad that there is little feedback about this and how the food did tasce like. Or the location of event.

Boo _ Club Decadence

There's been lots of good stuff said about the party too didn't eat any of the food so can't comment. We had fun. And we will go again if it makes it to a 2nd year "

The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative (on this and the other feedback forum) and for good reason too.

North Hampshire

Well I paid my 60 pence to read the article in the Herald - tbh not much more than was written in the 'sensationalist' first posting!!

Will hold my breath on the toilet paper next!

" All of the issues next time will be sorted it a sad that there is little feedback about this and how the food did tasce [sic] like. Or the location of event.

Boo _ Club Decadence"

Food:

Burger Bar:

I had one of the burgers, it was OK. Freshly cooked to order.. but the brioche bun was soggy, the burger was nice meat but only just above warm, several of the additional ingredients (chilli and bacon) were unavailable. I'd give it 6/10

Noodle bar:

pretty good.. noodles tasty and not soggy, sauces flavoursome. Served hot, and plenty in a portion. could add extra heat if wanted. 9/10

Food Criticism:

- Not open late enough

- Not open early enough

- Very limited choice

- No breakfast options at all

- who eats burgers or noodles every day for 4 days?

General Food Positives:

No food poisoning though.

No queues for food either.

Event Location:

- Grounds were quite nice

- Camping field OK, a few nettle stings..

- Teenage girls wandering through part of the site with their horses

- People in the mansion house overlooking the pool

- festival camping area visible from the road entrance

- Festival camping site observable from the houses along the side of the field

- Several people wandering around the venue's with no visible wristband

Event Facilities:

- No on site direction signs

- No signs to water points

- No signs for fire points (were there any fire points?)

- No signs on the venues till much later in the weekend

- No welcome area, or staff contact point

- No medical tent/facility/personnel

- No schedule or notice of what's happening where

- No campsite rules.. open fires, music etc.

- Staff/vendors more interested in going off to play than facilitating the event

- No bins or skip for rubbish

- No wipes or anti-bac in the play areas

Things I particularly appreciated:

- Pallet beds

- Pallet sofa's

- lighting in the field/tents

- play tents, comfy, warmish

Organisationally, it really showed that he had NO CLUE how to put on an event. I am reticent to make personal remarks, but his cocky attitude and total lack of humility and understanding about the issues raised by people who have paid good money to have their privacy invaded and their time generally wasted is highly offensive. I appreciate he has asked for feedback. I hope he hears it and does the right thing.

If there is no offer of at least a partial refund, I would be very happy to go to small claims court because this jester should not be allowed to do this again (without substantial changes to the management team and significant improvements to site safety)

I'm genuinely glad that some people managed to have a good time regardless.. I too had a great time sitting in a field, relaxing. Sexy it was not... - it would have been nice to go along to see some of the things that happened in the demo's, had we have known when they were going on...

Yup. Its kinda what i thought. Better to police them and monitor the story and photos. (lets face it they weren't invited they turned up and then he invited them inside and chaperoned them - very different)

North Hampshire

"

Food:

Burger Bar:

I had one of the burgers, it was OK. Freshly cooked to order.. but the brioche bun was soggy, the burger was nice meat but only just above warm, several of the additional ingredients (chilli and bacon) were unavailable. I'd give it 6/10

Noodle bar:

pretty good.. noodles tasty and not soggy, sauces flavoursome. Served hot, and plenty in a portion. could add extra heat if wanted. 9/10

Food Criticism:

- Not open late enough

- Not open early enough

- Very limited choice

General Food Positives:

Event Location:

Event Facilities:

- Staff/vendors more interested in going off to play than facilitating the event

- Pallet beds

- Pallet sofa's

Organisationally, it really showed that he had NO CLUE how to put on an event. I am reticent to make personal remarks, but his cocky attitude and total lack of humility and understanding about the issues raised by people who have paid good money to have their privacy invaded and their time generally wasted is highly offensive. I appreciate he has asked for feedback. I hope he hears it and does the right thing.

If there is no offer of at least a partial refund, I would be very happy to go to small claims court because this jester should not be allowed to do this again (without substantial changes to the management team and significant improvements to site safety)

I'm genuinely glad that some people managed to have a good time regardless.. I too had a great time sitting in a field, relaxing. Sexy it was not... - it would have been nice to go along to see some of the things that happened in the demo's, had we have known when they were going on...

"

Although the one I must say and I've kept forgetting so far is - The Star of the Whole weekend for us was Little Chris!! He spent a lot of time talking to people having a laugh and generally running himself ragged trying to keep the thing going!! My only regret of leaving Sat morning was not getting to say Bye and grabbing some of his details he was in a word 'Brilliant' humans his ladies knickers

"

Food:

Burger Bar:

Noodle bar:

Food Criticism:

- Not open late enough

- Not open early enough

- Very limited choice

General Food Positives:

Event Location:

Event Facilities:

- Pallet beds

- Pallet sofa's

Although the one I must say and I've kept forgetting so far is - The Star of the Whole weekend for us was Little Chris!! He spent a lot of time talking to people having a laugh and generally running himself ragged trying to keep the thing going!! My only regret of leaving Sat morning was not getting to say Bye and grabbing some of his details he was in a word 'Brilliant' humans his ladies knickers "

I do have litte chris' details if you would like them he left us a business card. Pm me if you would like them xx

North Hampshire

That should have read 'him and his ladies knickers' stopped bleddy phone!!!

"That should have read 'him and his ladies knickers' stopped bleddy phone!!! "
Was that stupid Bleddy phone ?? ???? x

North Hampshire

"That should have read 'him and his ladies knickers' stopped bleddy phone!!! Was that stupid Bleddy phone ?? ???? x"

yup!!! Every time there's an update it 'forgets' my 'accent'

Totally agree with you there

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin would rather you put links to the article rather than copy and paste it please

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Admin would rather you put links to the article rather than copy and paste it please"

I thought he'd said it was copied from the actual newspaper, rather than a copy and paste as that version doesn't seem to be on the Web site at the moment, unless I'm having a blonde moment if someone else can post the link

Skegness

"Admin would rather you put links to the article rather than copy and paste it please

I thought he'd said it was copied from the actual newspaper, rather than a copy and paste as that version doesn't seem to be on the Web site at the moment, unless I'm having a blonde moment if someone else can post the link "

to get the PDF version of the printed newspaper you have to pay 60p from http://www.stratford-herald.com/

there a edit at http://www.stratford-herald.com/41817-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-of-the-lifestyle-erotic-festival-near-stratford.html

I have a copy of the PDF version

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

Luckily we were tied up this weekend (not literally) as I'm pretty sure we would've ended up going to this or Heaven's Circus.

What annoys me about both of these omnishambles is how difficult it will make it in the future for other promoters to run one-off lifestyle events. Next time I see an ad for some weekender/party night that isn't being run by one of already established clubs I'll be giving it a swerve (as will many others I'm sure).

And thus, a vicious circle is born.

Skegness

"Luckily we were tied up this weekend (not literally) as I'm pretty sure we would've ended up going to this or Heaven's Circus.

What annoys me about both of these omnishambles is how difficult it will make it in the future for other promoters to run one-off lifestyle events. Next time I see an ad for some weekender/party night that isn't being run by one of already established clubs I'll be giving it a swerve (as will many others I'm sure).

And thus, a vicious circle is born."

I have been running/helping and doing tech for events and fetish/lifestlye events for over 10 years.

I have seen people who run a good event at a small venue fail in a big way when they move to a bigger venue or a field. it`s really easy to host a event at a venue like most events do. it very rare for people to lay out £££££ before hand.

if it was easy there be far more people doing it. it takes balls to go for it and ever more to return after there first event did not go to there plan. Both events need to take feedback and next time make sure they put on event with every bit of feedback taken onboard.

Sometimes you need to learn I have done events and cocked up got my hands burnt by taking a event to big for my skills

Birmingham | Nationwide

Hello everyone and sorry for delay in coming back to you all.

Monday and Tuesday were spent onsite breaking down the event.

Wednesday I spent sleeping until 19.50 - after 10 days straight of 18-20 hour days I needed to catch up on some sleep.

Today I have been with my solicitors discussing my options and next course of action with a national newspaper and a key supplier. As both of these are ongoing I can not and will not comment on them further at this time.

I would like to reiterate that NO members of the press or media were invited to the festival. I have no wish whatsoever, now or in the future, to promote my event at the expense of my festival goers.

I will comment further on the press once the ongoing matter has been resolved.

I am working on my statement of what went wrong at last weekends event, I endeavour to post it this evening. I have an early start again in the morning with my solicitors so, if I do not get to finish it and post this evening i will certainly do so tomorrow.

Thank you for bearing with me.

Paul

fair enough

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Admin would rather you put links to the article rather than copy and paste it please

I thought he'd said it was copied from the actual newspaper, rather than a copy and paste as that version doesn't seem to be on the Web site at the moment, unless I'm having a blonde moment if someone else can post the link "

Change "copy and paste " for typed all by himself by copying it from the newspaper and you end up with the same thing.

Gloucester

I thought he'd said it was copied from the actual newspaper, rather than a copy and paste as that version doesn't seem to be on the Web site at the moment, unless I'm having a blonde moment if someone else can post the link

Change "copy and paste " for typed all by himself by copying it from the newspaper and you end up with the same thing. "

Ahhh ok will do so something that isn't readily available to link to in it's entirety?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not sure why the rollies eyes....but obviously yes, if you can't link to it you can't copy it onto the forum

Gloucester

"Not sure why the rollies eyes....but obviously yes, if you can't link to it you can't copy it onto the forum"

so if you can't link something, you can't quote it either?????

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes you have finally got it

Gloucester

"Yes you have finally got it "

hope that applies to everyone

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Yes you have finally got it

hope that applies to everyone "

God knows what you are digging at as I am at a loss.

To clarify and to let the thread get back to what it is for....can people who this applies to NOT copy any article onto the forum from a newspaper etc. Always link to it instead. This applies to everyone who posts on the forum and instructed by Admin.

If you have any other comments about that then maybe speak to the people who make the rules from the CONTACT button.

Now back to the thread please.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I'm at a loss, I thought posting links was not allowed.

I got a 24 time out when I posted a link to an article on another site.

I accepted it, but this message seems to go against that.

I'm confused.com

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I'm at a loss, I thought posting links was not allowed.

I'm confused.com"

If you check out the forum rules it tells you which links are allowed, Newspaper ones are fine.

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"I'm at a loss, I thought posting links was not allowed.

I'm confused.com

If you check out the forum rules it tells you which links are allowed, Newspaper ones are fine.

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules"

Cheers, I couldn't find thar link on the mobile site.

By *ixieplusoneCouple  over a year ago

Mountain Ash

Where to start.

This was our first lifestyle festival, and as we had not yet taken a holiday this year we decided to splash out. We paid:

£195 Couples 4 day Pass.

£399 for a 4 day Bluebelle Suite.

£50 for 2 Jacuzzi Village Passes.

Total ticket price came to £644.

We were informed to arrive from midday, so we did. Sadly we then got turned away and asked to come back at 5pm as the "Glamping" site was not yet finished.

Accommodation:

We returned at 5pm and picked out a Bell-tent to stay in. Not what we were expecting!

The tents weren't erected properly, the tent edging should be tucked under the groundsheet to protect from morning damp and insects.

We were promised a king size premium Posture mattress what we got was a "small" double in size wedge of solid foam sat on pallets.

The quirky sofa was meant to have cushions but didn't.

We received 1 lantern when 2 were advertised, This was delivered after it got dark and without batteries.

There was also no "full length mirror" as advertised.

We effectively paid £399 for someone to put up a tent badly.

Hot tub Village:

Luckily we were the first couple to have access to the hot tubs on Thursday allowing us to also meet the land owner, Lovely chap.

Unfortunately that was the first and last time we got to use them as they were both destroyed by Friday afternoon. This meant we spent £50 for 30 mins in the tub.

House Party:

We were part of a group having fun in a play tent when Paul invited us to the house. Hoping for warmth and comfort, off we went. Unfortunately what we got felt more like a conference room with 20+ guests and staff sat looking bored round a huge table.

The Festival:

Lovely location ruined by poor planning, poor hygiene in the play tents. Nothing happening or advertised during the day.

Live Entertainment:

Thursday: None existent accept for dreadful music in the main pavilion played to loud to converse with the other guests sat next to us.

Friday: Vince Vega, Sadly the speakers were distorting due to the volume, this ruined it for many people.

Saturday: Danny Rampling was our savior. Epic tunes and a all round good night.

Food Vendors:

Massive thanks to all you guys and girls, good food, fun to chat too, even better fun after there stalls closed.

A special thank you to the ice cream stall for providing morning coffee.

Positive Note:

Just like to say thank you to Pauls daughter and friend, the bar staff, food vendors, little (man on a mission) Chris, and the guests that made us feel welcome throughout.

Already booked tickets to Swingfields see you there.

to get the PDF version of the printed newspaper you have to pay 60p from http://www.stratford-herald.com/

there a edit at http://www.stratford-herald.com/41817-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-of-the-lifestyle-erotic-festival-near-stratford.html

I have a copy of the PDF version "

Well, we've just read the article in the Stratford Herald .....no big deal....well handled Paul !!

By *ustmoist2Couple  over a year ago

ashbounre

Love you Harry's-bird! We just thought exactly the same if you weren't there butt out!

Jx and Dx

By *ustmoist2Couple  over a year ago

ashbounre

Here! Here! Loved meeting you and had a great time cos that is what we are about! Mr and Mrs Make Do And Mend! Hope we can all meet up again in the near future.

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

Only a fool trusts the press not print something! Why on earth you even contemplate inviting the press to such an event... It's madness!

"Only a fool trusts the press not print something! Why on earth you even contemplate inviting the press to such an event... It's madness! "

You clearly haven't read much. He didn't invite them. They turned up so he then chaperoned them gave them a dull story they left. Good policing. Alternative, They make it up take unsolicited photos and then what...

[Removed by poster at 18/09/15 23:31:37]

Skegness

"Only a fool trusts the press not print something! Why on earth you even contemplate inviting the press to such an event... It's madness!

You clearly haven't read much. He didn't invite them. They turned up so he then chaperoned them gave them a dull story they left. Good policing. Alternative, They make it up take unsolicited photos and then what..."

Daily Mail Dont enter site but take photos of people cars and make out the party is about Bondage more then swinging

Sun newspaper buy a ticket get found out in the tent have taken photos inside.

local paper is outside but is invited for a walk about after being spotted and given photos and there story is not made up but a really good report with the newspaper doing what asked.

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

Ok so we can accept all the arguments around first time learning which we hope Paul takes on board, not too worried about the press aspect either as it appears to have been over exaggerated. However as this is Paul's post we simply have this feedback, the Ts & Cs state no ticket refunds and as we decided upon our own judgement to leave a day early (taking our rubbish with us!) it was our choice and we accept that, after all we met some great people and enjoyed the Saturday night but the fact we paid £140 for vip pool & garden party of which neither happened leaves us feeling ripped off and a measly discount to next year does not compensate, interested to hear your views Paul, see if they match with your staff comments on what should be acceptable compensation.

Interesting thread, and as previously mentioned, if he was deliberately trying to make money illegally (bad idea and definitely easier ways to do so!) then obviously that's not great....though I suspect that it was an effort to make small profit via organising a festival to enhance the swinging community etc, that's not been delivered properly and poorly communicated.

It didn't work, and the press were better involved I'd think, better to have control and them onboard to assist privacy in many ways in this modern world.

I paid for swingfields and didn't end up going due to other commitments, I was gutted to miss that. The biggest insult and indicator for this event is probably the fact I really debated this event too, and I'm chuffed I didn't book it...

[Removed by poster at 19/09/15 00:19:23]

Ooooh the drama

"Only a fool trusts the press not print something! Why on earth you even contemplate inviting the press to such an event... It's madness!

You clearly haven't read much. He didn't invite them. They turned up so he then chaperoned them gave them a dull story they left. Good policing. Alternative, They make it up take unsolicited photos and then what..."

You clearly don't know much about the press if you think that chaperoning them is going to stop them making it up! I have received press training in various jobs and I attended a seminar chaired by a very well known television journalist. He said (and I quote) their aim will always be to sensationalise and exaggerate then prolong the story. In other words, they won't tell outright lies, but they won't make it dull or boring. Ask any celebrity who has been mugged by the Press. The tabloid papers don't care what damage they do to people as long as what they write sells.

Only a fool or the very naive would believe otherwise.

"Ok so we can accept all the arguments around first time learning which we hope Paul takes on board, not too worried about the press aspect either as it appears to have been over exaggerated. However as this is Paul's post we simply have this feedback, the Ts & Cs state no ticket refunds and as we decided upon our own judgement to leave a day early (taking our rubbish with us!) it was our choice and we accept that, after all we met some great people and enjoyed the Saturday night but the fact we paid £140 for vip pool & garden party of which neither happened leaves us feeling ripped off and a measly discount to next year does not compensate, interested to hear your views Paul, see if they match with your staff comments on what should be acceptable compensation."

We had tickets for the full four days. We arrived Friday lunchtime and had enough by Saturday lunchtime and left. We were prepared to put it down to experience (one never to be repeated) and write off the total waste of money, including the £98 for the VIP Secret Garden party that never happened, but that changed when we got home and read the event website again. It wasn't so much that it was a gross exaggeration and a huge misrepresentation of what was on offer, but it was the fact that he was still taking bookings right up to the weekend when he knew he couldn't provide a fraction of what was advertised. By his own admission to us, he knew at least a week before the event that ticket sales were going to fall far short of what he needed to deliver everything that was offered and he knew then he would have to cut corners. He had ample opportunity to amend the website or put a notice on his event profile, but he didn't.

There's probably something illegal about taking money in those circumstances, but I guess he factorted into his thinking that those he had mugged would be unlikely to go public.

By *il_MissBMFCWoman  over a year ago

Various Venues Across The UK

" I was the one who practically on my own challenged them outside the toilets and they got all upset and she openly said that she had come along to fuck!!! So I called her bluff and offered her my body..... !!! I was waiting for the headline of - 'Angry dwarf challenges reporter to fuck' !! "

Well Chris, I was actually there with you if you remember rightly. But yes, this was all true. However, this has upset me slightly as I decided to go over with you so you WERENT on your own.

" Later in the Blackmans club tent the 'Madame in charge' challenged the female reporter and made her suck a big black cock......LOL "

This is totally untrue and obviously a Chinese whisper and I don't appreciate you repeating something so awful. What REALLY happened was - they were talking to some of our couples just inside near the entrance of our tent. The "non-press" couples then went to the back of the tent to start play. The "press couple" followed them, he whipped his dick and and she gave him a brief blowjob. This had nothing to do with a "BBC", although in the BMFC tent. And certainly had nothing to to with myself, Helen or my partner. Massive accusation. Coming to a BMFC party we always say, you can do as much or as little as you want, the same applied to our BMFC play tent.

Well this escalated quickly from feedback from the deservedly disgruntled to now just getting personal.

By *MFC PartiesWoman  over a year ago

Here, There & Everywhere

"

Later in the Blackmans club tent the 'Madame in charge' challenged the female reporter and made her suck a big black cock......LOL

"

Sorry to have to correct you Chris, but this is not what happened ..

Indeed, after talking with you outside Salon de Libertine, you aired your concern at the behaviour of a couple, and voiced that you felt they were reporters

I asked there wherabouts and you informed me that they were in the BMFC Playtent, talking to an Effrenta guest

I entered the tent and positioned myself closely to the couple and gentleman

I overheard their probing questions, asking about peoples jobs, and heard them quote that they were informed that there were even judges at the festival

The female half of the couple, gave the impression that she was upset and stated that the ladies in the festival were far from friendly and that she felt uncomfortable and intimidated

The Effrenata guest left the tent soon after

I stayed and observed their behaviour but i was close enough to still hear her complaining that she did not expect everyone to be so hostile towards them and that she was under the impression that swingers were friendly - especially as the community consisted of so many 'professionals'

They looked uncomfortable and she was huddled into him throughout the whole time they were talking

Whilst they were there, a festival couple began to play on one of the beds, but i didnt take my eye of the alleged reporters

It was at that stage that i began to talk with them, stating that i couldnt help but overhear their conversation - informing them that the swingers community on a while are a friendly non judgemental crowd, but that THEIR behaviour was causing some concern

I informed them that their probing questions were making festival goers uncomfortable and THAT maybe the reason that they felt no-one wanted to talk with them

I told them that some festival goers felt they were reporters which they denied

They then walked over to the bed where the couple where playing, the female "alleged reporter' knelt down and the male 'alleged reporter' got his cock out

She then proceeded to give him a brief blow job

Was this done to detract my accusations? - Maybe

However at NO POINT did i challenge her to give ANYONE oral sex and there were NO BLACK GUYS involved in the act either!!

[Removed by poster at 19/09/15 09:49:22]

I was told BMFC would have a tent but it wasn't clear where or when it would be. Shame as I wanted to pop along with my friend.

"

Later in the Blackmans club tent the 'Madame in charge' challenged the female reporter and made her suck a big black cock......LOL

Indeed, after talking with you outside Salon de Libertine, you aired your concern at the behaviour of a couple, and voiced that you felt they were reporters

I asked there wherabouts and you informed me that they were in the BMFC Playtent, talking to an Effrenta guest

I overheard their probing questions, asking about peoples jobs, and heard them quote that they were informed that there were even judges at the festival

The female half of the couple, gave the impression that she was upset and stated that the ladies in the festival were far from friendly and that she felt uncomfortable and intimidated

I stayed and observed their behaviour but i was close enough to still hear her complaining that she did not expect everyone to be so hostile towards them and that she was under the impression that swingers were friendly - especially as the community consisted of so many 'professionals'

They looked uncomfortable and she was huddled into him throughout the whole time they were talking

Whilst they were there, a festival couple began to play on one of the beds, but i didnt take my eye of the alleged reporters

It was at that stage that i began to talk with them, stating that i couldnt help but overhear their conversation - informing them that the swingers community on a while are a friendly non judgemental crowd, but that THEIR behaviour was causing some concern

I informed them that their probing questions were making festival goers uncomfortable and THAT maybe the reason that they felt no-one wanted to talk with them

They then walked over to the bed where the couple where playing, the female "alleged reporter' knelt down and the male 'alleged reporter' got his cock out

However at NO POINT did i challenge her to give ANYONE oral sex and there were NO BLACK GUYS involved in the act either!!"

It sounds like it was a baseless accusation as I am sure it would have featured on the front page of the paper if it had happened.

It also says something about Chris that he thought an incident like that was funny and "offering his body" for her to prove she was not a reporter plus falling asleep under someone's awnings who has already accused you of pestering her????

Here, There & Everywhere

"I was told BMFC would have a tent but it wasn't clear where or when it would be. Shame as I wanted to pop along with my friend. "

The BMFC play-tent was the one that had the 7ft tall BMFC advertisement 'pop up' placed outside the tent entrance (that remained in place until Sunday 5pm when we left the site)

It was also the one that was constantly staffed during the evenings - had heaters, tissues, wet wipes and free condoms

North Hampshire

"I was told BMFC would have a tent but it wasn't clear where or when it would be. Shame as I wanted to pop along with my friend.

The BMFC play-tent was the one that had the 7ft tall BMFC advertisement 'pop up' placed outside the tent entrance (that remained in place until Sunday 5pm when we left the site)

It was also the one that was constantly staffed during the evenings - had heaters, tissues, wet wipes and free condoms "

I really need to go to specsavers as I never saw a Pop up outside a tent.... A few blank black black boards..... Unless of course it 'popped up' Saturday??

Xx

"I was told BMFC would have a tent but it wasn't clear where or when it would be. Shame as I wanted to pop along with my friend.

It was also the one that was constantly staffed during the evenings - had heaters, tissues, wet wipes and free condoms "

And I had my glasses on??!!!

I blame the lack of tea - I couldn't get a cup of tea the whole time - arrived sat 2pm led next morning. I tried 5 times and no one at ice cream place when we I went, other bars didn't have an urn. I don't function well without tea obviously!!

Here, There & Everywhere

It was also the one that was constantly staffed during the evenings - had heaters, tissues, wet wipes and free condoms

I really need to go to specsavers as I never saw a Pop up outside a tent.... A few blank black black boards..... Unless of course it 'popped up' Saturday??

Xx"

The pop up was placed outside the tent on Friday afternoon, in time for it opening on Friday evening

We even positioned 2 oil burners outside to help guests see us better

There were 3 play tents in total and the BMFC play tent was the one on the right (the one closest to the entrance of the Salon de Libertine

Over the weekend, our tent attracted a lot of festival goers as it was so warm inside, plus of course we had the bonus of the wet wipes etc

I blame the lack of tea - I couldn't get a cup of tea the whole time - arrived sat 2pm led next morning. I tried 5 times and no one at ice cream place when we I went, other bars didn't have an urn. I don't function well without tea obviously!! "

Damn, we would have made you a brew!! Although you would have had to have found us first

"

However at NO POINT did i challenge her to give ANYONE oral sex and there were NO BLACK GUYS involved in the act either!!

It sounds like it was a baseless accusation as I am sure it would have featured on the front page of the paper if it had happened.

It also says something about Chris that he thought an incident like that was funny and "offering his body" for her to prove she was not a reporter plus falling asleep under someone's awnings who has already accused you of pestering her????"

Got turned down to play acted like an arse woke up under her awning.

Sounds creepy.

However three sides to every story.

Does not sound like Swingfields and KK have anything to worry about going on last weekends events.

"

There were 3 play tents in total and the BMFC play tent was the one on the right (the one closest to the entrance of the Salon de Libertine

Over the weekend, our tent attracted a lot of festival goers as it was so warm inside, plus of course we had the bonus of the wet wipes etc

"

I had a massage from the Eureka lady sat afternoon in one of those tents and the other two tents looked empty. Rest of the afternoon I was watching/being a demo model for the wonderland crew then night time Rampling party, the only other thing that seemed to be going on was the other big tent - music but hardly any people. Oh well I'll just have to remedy that and come to one of your parties

Here, There & Everywhere

"

I blame the lack of tea - I couldn't get a cup of tea the whole time - arrived sat 2pm led next morning. I tried 5 times and no one at ice cream place when we I went, other bars didn't have an urn. I don't function well without tea obviously!! "

You should have come over to us in the camp site as our kettle was constantly on the boil!!!

We were pitched up right next to the 24 hour rave!!

If only we had known that the music had upset so many festival goers, we would have asked the guys to turn it off sooner

We spent 2 days with a headache - but no one else seemed to be bothered by the noise so as we didnt want to give the impression that we were party poopers, we suffered in silence till we could bear it no longer

It was only AFTER we got them to lower it and change the genre, that other people thanked us

How i wish we had known so many people were upset/annoyed/disgruntled as we certainly would have politely asked them to respect everyone's air space earlier

I blame the lack of tea - I couldn't get a cup of tea the whole time - arrived sat 2pm led next morning. I tried 5 times and no one at ice cream place when we I went, other bars didn't have an urn. I don't function well without tea obviously!!

Damn, we would have made you a brew!! Although you would have had to have found us first "

Arghhhhhh tea!!!! I struggle to follow sat nav so I don't stand a chance!

Sorry if you guys didn't appreciate the dance music, it was a dance swinger/festival after all.. it was about the only thing Paul described correctly...

"

You should have come over to us in the camp site as our kettle was constantly on the boil!!!

We were pitched up right next to the 24 hour rave!!

If only we had known that the music had upset so many festival goers, we would have asked the guys to turn it off sooner

We spent 2 days with a headache - but no one else seemed to be bothered by the noise so as we didnt want to give the impression that we were party poopers, we suffered in silence till we could bear it no longer

It was only AFTER we got them to lower it and change the genre, that other people thanked us

How i wish we had known so many people were upset/annoyed/disgruntled as we certainly would have politely asked them to respect everyone's air space earlier "

Not sure which music you are talking about there was of course the event music in the two marquees then the trance from the large rv there was also the club classics and house music at night then chill out during the day us and our friends played by the trees as you came into the

site ?

Here, There & Everywhere

"Sorry if you guys didn't appreciate the dance music, it was a dance swinger/festival after all.. it was about the only thing Paul described correctly... "

No need to apologise - peoples taste in music will always be subjective

The point that i was trying (but failed) to make was that if people would have approached the 'music players ' AT the festival, then they would have lowered the volume (as did the guys next to us) instead of complaining about noise after the festival ....

[Removed by poster at 19/09/15 10:46:02]

"Sorry if you guys didn't appreciate the dance music, it was a dance swinger/festival after all.. it was about the only thing Paul described correctly...

No need to apologise - peoples taste in music will always be subjective

The point that i was trying (but failed) to make was that if people would have approached the 'music players ' AT the festival, then they would have lowered the volume (as did the guys next to us) instead of complaining about noise after the festival ....

"

Lol you replied at the same time as me!

Although I believe you may be correct about it being an overall dance festival as the headline DJs were of this genre, in the quieter tent it wasn't just dance music being played.. There was jazz, charts, R&B, even reggae at one point! So to be subjected to extremely loud house music 16hours a day is a bit much!! We just wanted a bit of a change, and the guy changed it up a bit when we asked. The only time I've ever cheered at hearing cotton eyed joe!!

By *restatynCplCouple  over a year ago

Rhyl

"

I didn't go (missed the date) but I was under the impression that it was all hush-hush for security and privacy.

Indeed the website indicated venue details would only be issued closer to the time.

It's a little naughty inviting the press isn't it??? "

Not if the press bought tickets like everyone else.

We all KNOW the reptiles are on the site, so what's to stop them buying a ticket like any other member?

North Hampshire

"Sorry if you guys didn't appreciate the dance music, it was a dance swinger/festival after all.. it was about the only thing Paul described correctly... "

Funny we assumed the dance music would be 'inside' the festival - not going on outside it from the time we arrived Thursday afternoon till we could stand no more and left Sat morning

No one can accuse me (V) of not loving house, as it's always been my scene (from the early days of knowing JD now known as John Dig. Also used to dance professionally at raves) however, I have to say the constant really loud barrage of it we were subjected to has put it firmly back in the box as it was like Aversion therapy!!!

North Hampshire

We also thought it showed a complete lack of consideration to everyone else around you!! Bearing in mind we were mostly all under canvas!

"We also thought it showed a complete lack of consideration to everyone else around you!! Bearing in mind we were mostly all under canvas! "

Couldn't agree more. Total lack of consideration for others.

We walked into Barford on the Saturday morning and could still hear it as we walked along the road into the village.

Skegness

"

It's a little naughty inviting the press isn't it???

Not if the press bought tickets like everyone else.

We all KNOW the reptiles are on the site, so what's to stop them buying a ticket like any other member?"

in the TC of booking there is a warning that anyone who works in media need to email first and that there would be legal action if they did attend for a story.

I was told the Sun was told by there legal team to gamble as they know most dont have the balls or money to go after the sun in a legal way they broke the law but you have to take them on and they know if they sell papers it still worth running the story.

Birmingham | Nationwide

Firstly, I’d like you to know I have put my heart, sole and relationship in to this event – part of the reason my GF dumped me was because she could no longer take the bitching and nastiness in this scene, I must say it shocked/still shocks me. You might remember that I did a pre festival tour of the UKs swinging clubs, the first time anyone in this scene has done so I believe. We gave away cocktails and carnival attire free of charge. I received NO REVENUE from any of the events we did so, when I’m being accused of being in this for the money and that I want to take peoples money and run, that offends me.

The festival and Effrenata Ltd have been funded by my own personal money – no bank loans, overdrafts or credit of any other form. I have no bank manager or business partner to produce a profit to.

I am not in this to make money. I did not have any intention of making money from the festival this year, next year or in 2017. All being well, I should start to turn a profit in 2018 – which will be ploughed back in to the festival. I refute allegations I am here to screw people and make money – wake up and look at what I put on, luxury marquees, in the grounds of a statley home with headline DJs Mr & Mrs Rampling & Vince Vega, that stuff doesn’t come cheap folks.

----------------------------------

What Went Wrong?

Everything was going swimmingly up until Tuesday 8th September. We began set-up Sunday 6th September, 14.00. By 21.00 Sunday evening we had all bar one festival marquee built – we were half a day ahead of schedule.

Tuesday morning I was presented with a huge curve ball. I’m not going to go into fine detail for obvious reasons but will tell you this, I had a major cash flow issue – I had available funds but could not access them.

I spent Tuesday morning trying to resolve the issue. As the morning went on, what became more alarming than the issue itself was the fact there was no clear sign of when the cash flow problem would be resolved.

After taking stock, my most realistic option available was to cancel the event. I was being advised from different sides to cancel the festival. ‘No f*****g way’ I said.

I started to speak with key suppliers re my cash flow issue, what a mistake that was! Word spread around the suppliers – event and artist industry are close nit and intertwined I found out - that I had no money. Some supplier’s terms were Payment on Delivery, some were Payment At End Of Event, and some where Payment On Account (30 day invoice). Within a matter of hours nearly all, and definitely all key suppliers, were demanding Payment on Delivery. I now had a real big problem.

Again, I was being advised the only option was to pull the event. ‘Never!’ I told them – and I also had to keep telling that to myself too.

I spent Tuesday afternoon, evening and well into the night fighting fires with my suppliers. I extinguished the fire with supplier 1, then the fire of supplier 2, fire 3, fire 4, 5,6… fire 9…. When I looked back round fire 1, 3, 4 ,5 & 6 had reignited…

My last phone call finished at 01.49 on the morning of Wednesday 9th. I was back onsite at 08.30 Wednesday morning. We were now a full day behind our set-up schedule. We did not manage to pull back the lost day when the festival opened Thursday at midday.

Let me tell you, I run a family business with my dad. We argue like cat and dog over the way the business should be run, we have done for eight years. At times it’s very stressful, and nothing like most jobs are – I’m told by outsiders! Wednesday 9th September is so far without doubt, the most challenging day I have ever faced in my 37 years. A few close friends – who were fully in the loop of the days events - commended me for pulling it off.

Thursday is where it got really interesting and started to go badly wrong. Staff and event management team members either just physically did not turn up or, turned up in person but not in mind. Too many people who were there to help thought it would be better for them to join the party. To compound the problem a key supplier started to move the goal posts on our agreed payment terms which took my time up and also took me away from concentrating on getting the festival complete and underway.

When I really needed friends and (paid) volunteers to step up and get stuck in, most of them stood by and started drinking and eating the free food and drinks I’d put on – cheers guys!

Those that did stand up, got stuck in. Unfortunately there was that much that needed sorting we did not have enough hands to complete it all. So, basically we went in to Friday chasing our tails.

Friday morning the key supplier again started moving the goal posts on our agreed terms – threatening to pull the event - this again required my time and prevented me from being able to focus fully on the event. This coupled with helpers not pulling their weight, resulted in the management of the festival basically falling apart. To that I put my hands up and take sole responsibility. I can’t tell you how sorry I am.

I’m in ongoing discussion with my solicitors regarding this key supplier so I can not comment on the matter further at this point, once it’s resolved I will be back to let those of you who are interested know what went on.

What We Failed To Deliver

Bins, Festival Signage, Event Programmes, Porn Cinema, Glory Holes and Camp Fire, Fresh Wipes

For the things I failed to deliver on, I would like to offer ticket holders to this years event the following discounts

Festival Ticket Effrenata 2016 – 25% discount

Lifetime Discount to ALL Effrenata Events – 10% discount for life

What We Did Deliver

It seems what we we DID deliver last weekend is being overlooked, so here it is

- Salon de Libertine; an on-trend lounge bar with very reasonably priced premium drinks, unique sound of The Global Lounge DJs, comfy sofas and dance floor.

- Saints & Sinners; a full on party marquee with dungeon, play beds, live performances from Club Decadence, headline DJs Mr & Mrs Rampling & Mr & Mrs Vega, reasonably priced premium drinks, a sexy sound system and dance floor.

- Play Tents; three different themed play tents, all with play beds and heating.

- Pool Party*; heated pool and Jacuzzi spas

- Massage Tent

- BMFC hosted tent

- Play tents; two themed play tents and dungeon tent

- Workshops from Wonderland, Liberty Pink, Decadence and Kitty Mulholland

- Live fetish performances from Club Decadence & friends from leading London clubs

- Premium drinks menu at very reasonable prices

- Reasonable priced tasty food – albeit with a limited choice, two food traders failed to show up

- Contemporary toilets and showers

- Heating to all marquees and play tents as promised

- Secure festival and camping site

- 24 hour friendly and professional security team

- Scenic festival site

While we’re receiving mainly negative feedback on here – which I appreciate and want to hear, or I cannot correct my errors – elsewhere we are receiving much praise for what we did put on. This feedback has come from festival goers, production team (who work on many of the countries leading festivals and events) DJs, VIP guests and leading promoters/clubs.

Like some of the promoters, event organisers and headline DJs said to me, it was the festivals first year. The first year is always a learning curve for any festival. Main thing is you delivered on the big things, the important things and gave the people a good party.

I appreciate we need to iron out some things for next year, believe me we will – I do not want to let myself down again never mind my paying customers.

Effrenata will be back in 2016. Bigger. Better. Stronger.

Refund Policy Effrenata 2016

I will offer a full refund policy for next years event, it will work like this

Buy your ticket. Attend the festival. Once you’ve been at the festival for four hours, if you are not 100% happy you will be able to leave and receive a full, no-quibbles refund – including your booking fee.

This will be clearly printed within our ticket T&Cs

Finally, to those that don’t know me or have not yet met me. I’m an honest, straight forward guy. I had a vision for Effrenata Lifestyle Festival, a vision I fully believed I could deliver – I still know I can deliver, and will do so next year.

A single event that happened – the cash flow issue - two days before the event started, set in motion a snowball of problems. I gave my soul trying to keep the event from failing. Somehow I pulled it off. With hindsight, it might have been the correct course of action to postpone the event but, I couldn’t foresee the events that were going to unfold over the weekend of the event – major distractions from a key supplier and the failure of some event staff and event management team to perform their roles.

That said, I do take full responsibility for the failures of this years event. Over the coming weeks, once I’ve had chance to fully rest, I will start to dissect what went on pre, during and post the event. Any steps I need to take personally and for the good of the business will be taken to ensure a smooth and professional event next year.

But please remember, I’m here to help raise the bar in the UK swinging scene. What I need from you guys is your support and encouragement, yeah I messed up on a few things but I still put on 95% of what I said I was going to.

I am available to speak to over the phone or in person should anybody wish to do so.

Thank you

Paul

Zurich. NOT London.

95%! Are you having a laugh? We paid for luxury and got pallets and bales of straw. We paid for luxuriously appointed marquees and got cold spaces with pallets and a limited bar. Time to be honest for once. 95% of what was promised, you're delusional.

Zurich. NOT London.

[Removed by poster at 19/09/15 13:20:25]

Paul - you have been very selective in listing what you didn't deliver. The most glaring omission from the list is the VIP Secret Garden. We paid £98 for admission on the Saturday and we have written to you asking for a refund, but haven't received a reply.

There is a very long list of other promises you failed to deliver on - personal consierge (why you thought that was a good idea on a festival weekend is a mystery), waitress service, specification of the bell tents, camp fire, etc, etc.

We might have given you more credit for what you did deliver (even now you are still exaggerating on that) if you were more honest about what was not delivered.

Maybe this whole festival was just a bit too ambitious for you to organise as a first swinging event, most running events take little steps and build things up, maybe your lack of both event management and swinging in general has tripped you up.

Lots of people trusted you (we didn't) to deliver what you promised within reason, (we all accept not everything can run at 100%)the feedback suggests you failed to deliver by a very long way and now you are blaming suppliers, money, staff etc, wrong wrong, you would have been happy to take the praise, so don't pass the buck x

"Maybe this whole festival was just a bit too ambitious for you to organise as a first swinging event, most running events take little steps and build things up, maybe your lack of both event management and swinging in general has tripped you up.

Lots of people trusted you (we didn't) to deliver what you promised within reason, (we all accept not everything can run at 100%)the feedback suggests you failed to deliver by a very long way and now you are blaming suppliers, money, staff etc, wrong wrong, you would have been happy to take the praise, so don't pass the buck x"

From previous posts you seem to have a personal vendetta against Paul. You've even piggy backed an event tonight on the back of his "failure" (which was taken down by admin). Event organisers are supposed to stick together, give constructive criticism and help each other out, (or not say anything at all!!!) not slag each other off in public!! It just doesn't look good on your part tbh

By *alisburygangbangsCouple  over a year ago

SALISBURY WILTSHIRE WE HOST THE BEST GANG BANGS AROUND

"95%! Are you having a laugh? We paid for luxury and got pallets and bales of straw. We paid for luxuriously appointed marquees and got cold spaces with pallets and a limited bar. Time to be honest for once. 95% of what was promised, you're delusional."

Nice story looks like every one wants a refund this year not next year buy doing that they might build up some trust in your next year promises but untill you refund your un happy customers i do not think there will be any trust next year at all. Paul you need to read what your customers are asking they want refund not discount for next year. And if you do not have the funds to pay back this year how can you convince them you will have the funs to pay back next year. You need to make the un happy customers you have this year first before you think about planning next year.

Sorry to say does not look like you are going to get refunds this year

By *tevenipperMan  over a year ago

chertsey

some people just like to moan.....and keep on moaning and slagging people off and it gets very boring hearing it over and over again..

Paul.. you really are taking the pee out of people. Stump up and do what is right and then ride in to the sunset knowing you blew it and that's that. Btw how can you be a Ltd company and not have a bank manager? Pull up a chair it's jackonory time.

chertsey

"some people just like to moan.....and keep on moaning and slagging people off and it gets very boring hearing it over and over again.. "

And some of you never even attended....WTF!!!

You don't have to attend something to have or voice ab opinion. I've never been to Brussels but I have plenty to say about that! It's our scene and we all have the right to speak.

"some people just like to moan.....and keep on moaning and slagging people off and it gets very boring hearing it over and over again.. "

A little bit of humility and honesty from the organiser might help. At the risk of boring you further, you might like to have a look at Paul's post in the forum this morning where he is slagging off the people who worked for him last weekend (everyone's fault except his).

chertsey

how can you comment on something you had NOTHING to do with???!!!

It's called having a sense of what is right and what is wrong..

chertsey

no.....its called jumping on the band wagon!

"how can you comment on something you had NOTHING to do with???!!!"

That's what these forums are all about. Peoples opinions.

By *RUBYXCouple  over a year ago

North West

Absolutely dumb founded by your response to all this Paul!

If you seriously believe that short list is all you failed to deliver on you are even more deluded than we were for believing your marketing lies!

My first response to this sorry debacle was not to kick a guy when he's down! We actually felt sorry for you!! Oh how that has changed.

I relooked at the website and what we were expecting to get for our money. Life's to short to sit and write a truthful list of what you actually failed to deliver!

The worrying thing for me is that you are acutely expecting people to part with their hard earned cash and trust you all over again next year. You might just gain some respect back and trust of present and future festival goers if you offer some sort of refund for this years poorly executed festival before offering and promising the earth for the next one!

Things go wrong we can all appreciate that but its how its rectified and dealt with that people will remember you for.

Calling and blaming your staff is below the belt big time.

As for arguing with your dad for 8 years over business, here's a thought for you... Maybe you should get him to organise Effrenata 2016 ...maybe he will deliver what is advertised! after all that is all people are asking for.

By *lay2Gether2UKCouple  over a year ago

bingley

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and that is what these forums are about.

We thought parts of the festival were amazing, others were missing something. Paul is trying to explain and rectify what he can, so give him chance and he might just answer the genuine complaints.

The whole press thing got peoples backs up but he handled that pretty well. Remember the press got into Swingfields too, they even got shots of people, cars and number plates.

The people that didn't attend do have a right to an opinion but i do question some of their motives, as should anybody that has a genuine complaint.

Are they connected to other events, or trying to start a witch hunt just for fun?

The festival as a whole was a lot of fun for most. The Marquees were perfect, DJ's great, Play tents, great, entertainment great. But there were a few problems.

Our first year at Swingfields was similar, we had a great time despite not everything being perfect. We met lots of great people and we would go again. We didn't make it this year but have been told they upped their game and improved on things. Good on them, we never knocked them we just got on and had some fun.

Let Paul work on the genuine complaints and improve on things for next year.

If you paid good money for something you don't feel you got then message him.

If you bought a basic ticket and camped but didn't have a good time then i'm not sure you would ever have a good time...

chertsey

"Everybody is entitled to an opinion and that is what these forums are about.

We thought parts of the festival were amazing, others were missing something. Paul is trying to explain and rectify what he can, so give him chance and he might just answer the genuine complaints.

The whole press thing got peoples backs up but he handled that pretty well. Remember the press got into Swingfields too, they even got shots of people, cars and number plates.

The people that didn't attend do have a right to an opinion but i do question some of their motives, as should anybody that has a genuine complaint.

Are they connected to other events, or trying to start a witch hunt just for fun?

The festival as a whole was a lot of fun for most. The Marquees were perfect, DJ's great, Play tents, great, entertainment great. But there were a few problems.

Our first year at Swingfields was similar, we had a great time despite not everything being perfect. We met lots of great people and we would go again. We didn't make it this year but have been told they upped their game and improved on things. Good on them, we never knocked them we just got on and had some fun.

If you bought a basic ticket and camped but didn't have a good time then i'm not sure you would ever have a good time..."

If you bought a basic ticket and camped but didn't have a good time then i'm not sure you would ever have a good time..."

We messaged him at the beginning of the week and haven't had a reply.

I agree with previous comments - if Paul really thinks he delivered 95% of what he offered then he is seriously deluded.

Anyone who is in business will tell you their business is built on trust. Breach that trust then you might as well pack it in. As soon as world spreads no one will do business with you and that's what will happen to Paul next year (just watch the Forum and the Clubs review light up!)

I honestly do not expect a refund, but that is the least of my complaints. Paul had the chance to come clean and be honest about where he failed. If he had taken that opportunity, he might have had a small chance to rebuild trust. As it is, he has blown it with his outrageous claim that 95% was delivered and that everyone else let him down.

By *alisburygangbangsCouple  over a year ago

SALISBURY WILTSHIRE WE HOST THE BEST GANG BANGS AROUND

"95%! Are you having a laugh? We paid for luxury and got pallets and bales of straw. We paid for luxuriously appointed marquees and got cold spaces with pallets and a limited bar. Time to be honest for once. 95% of what was promised, you're delusional."

If you say you delivered 95% of what you promised why is 95% of the people that attended not happy the sums do not add up somewhere.Im guessing 95% want their money back.

You are all protected under the sale of goods act if you feel you never got what you were promised and what you paid for trading standards will advise you on this i am sure.

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

Right, we have professionally remained silent , we WERE at effrenata but will not get dragged into anything but these amateur comments to try and deflect issues are needing correction . the press DID NOT get into swingfields , they were given photos following a complaint by one neighbour (you may draw your own conclusions where they came from) the press interest was because of the sheer size of swingfields that was over 650 guests. We REFUSED to give comment and the story died . People privacy is CRITICAL , and at no time did we provide welcome , information or interview !!!

SWINGFIELDS 2013 when it was launched, was not perfect but nor was 2014 or 2015 BUT it is down to our customers feeling after the event and if the person posting this sort of comment bothered to read the REVIEWS (the actual views of those attending) there was not ONE negative review .......

SO, we will not comment to fuel these concerns , but we WILL respond to ill judged and innaccurate comment aimed at us .

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

Right, we have professionally remained silent , we WERE at effrenata but will not get dragged into anything but these amateur comments to try and deflect issues are needing correction . the press DID NOT get into swingfields , they were given photos following a complaint by one neighbour (you may draw your own conclusions where they came from) the press interest was because of the sheer size of swingfields that was over 650 guests. We REFUSED to give comment and the story died . People privacy is CRITICAL , and at no time did we provide welcome , information or interview !!!

SWINGFIELDS 2013 when it was launched, was not perfect but nor was 2014 or 2015 BUT it is down to our customers feeling after the event and if the person posting this sort of comment bothered to read the REVIEWS (the actual views of those attending) there was not ONE negative review .......

SO, we will not comment to fuel these concerns , but we WILL respond to ill judged and innaccurate comment aimed at us .

See our response above to ill judged attempts at deflection

North Hampshire

"

The whole press thing got peoples backs up but he handled that pretty well. Remember the press got into Swingfields too, they even got shots of people, cars and number plates. ."

I think a lot of people thought a lesson would be learnt from swing fields - I'm pretty sure in one of the emails Paul promised 'number plate covers' not just bits of A4 paper & tape.

" The festival as a whole was a lot of fun for most."
. who would you consider most?? Most people here seem pretty pissed off.

"

I think this is actually really quite insulting!!! If you paid for a campsite fair enough - but ACTUALLY people paid GOOD money for a bloody festival WITH FREE CAMPING!!!!

Firstly I didn't attend so I've no comment to make there.

My comment will be directed at those who feel disgruntled and letdown. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to group together and make a claim via the small claims court? Have you spoken to your banking providers and asked them to do a charge back? Under the services and goods act you may be entitled to a refund so have any of you been in contact with trading standards? What else have you done apart from speak up in the forums?

(I'm not having a go by the way)

"I think this is actually really quite insulting!!! If you paid for a campsite fair enough - but ACTUALLY people paid GOOD money for a bloody festival WITH FREE CAMPING!!!! "

"

The whole press thing got peoples backs up but he handled that pretty well. Remember the press got into Swingfields too, they even got shots of people, cars and number plates. .

I think a lot of people thought a lesson would be learnt from swing fields - I'm pretty sure in one of the emails Paul promised 'number plate covers' not just bits of A4 paper & tape.

"

Wasn't even offered A4 paper and tape. But then I didn't even receive the location from the organisers!

North Hampshire

"

The whole press thing got peoples backs up but he handled that pretty well. Remember the press got into Swingfields too, they even got shots of people, cars and number plates. .

Wasn't even offered A4 paper and tape. But then I didn't even receive the location from the organisers! "

Yep I still can't quite get over that one!! Have your staples healed ok Hunni?

X

chertsey

"

The festival as a whole was a lot of fun for most. . who would you consider most?? Most people here seem pretty pissed off.

If you bought a basic ticket and camped but didn't have a good time then i'm not sure you would ever have a good time...

I think this is actually really quite insulting!!! If you paid for a campsite fair enough - but ACTUALLY people paid GOOD money for a bloody festival WITH FREE CAMPING!!!! "

moan moan moan moan...blah blah blah....boring boring boring

North Hampshire

"

The festival as a whole was a lot of fun for most. . who would you consider most?? Most people here seem pretty pissed off.

I think this is actually really quite insulting!!! If you paid for a campsite fair enough - but ACTUALLY people paid GOOD money for a bloody festival WITH FREE CAMPING!!!!

moan moan moan moan...blah blah blah....boring boring boring"

Don't read it then - what a childish post form someone who is supposed to be an adult!! Jeez....

"

moan moan moan moan...blah blah blah....boring boring boring"

With friends like you lending your support, Paul doesn't need any enemies.

I hope you and he enjoy Effrenatta 2016. I have a feeling you won't have a lot of company!

By *lay2Gether2UKCouple  over a year ago

bingley

And how would you know that we helped out. We've never spoken to you and never met you. This just confirmed my suspicion... about ulterior motives of some of the people posting here. You only know about how we helped from certain other people that are hoping to cash in on the failings of Effrenata. What a shame and i now hope others here can see what's going on.

Paul has held his hands up and is dealing with the genuine complaints, slow as progress might be he is trying.

A small group of posters, some of whom didn't even buy tickets to the event seem to have been trying to keep these threads going on full out attack. It's now obvious to all where their allegiances lay and who they are speaking for.

For those that don't know, i'm not in any way connected to Effrenata, but did offer help answering messages etc.

Our personal profile was never connected to Effrenata so only a handful of friends and other event organisers ever knew. But in the last few days we've been blocked by most of the people keeping the attacks in these forums going...

Hence me mentioning motives, they only knew from one or two sources who we were, i'll leave it to you to work out who it could be and what their motives might be.

chertsey

"And how would you know that we helped out. We've never spoken to you and never met you. This just confirmed my suspicion... about ulterior motives of some of the people posting here. You only know about how we helped from certain other people that are hoping to cash in on the failings of Effrenata. What a shame and i now hope others here can see what's going on.

Paul has held his hands up and is dealing with the genuine complaints, slow as progress might be he is trying.

A small group of posters, some of whom didn't even buy tickets to the event seem to have been trying to keep these threads going on full out attack. It's now obvious to all where their allegiances lay and who they are speaking for.

For those that don't know, i'm not in any way connected to Effrenata, but did offer help answering messages etc.

Our personal profile was never connected to Effrenata so only a handful of friends and other event organisers ever knew. But in the last few days we've been blocked by most of the people keeping the attacks in these forums going...

Hence me mentioning motives, they only knew from one or two sources who we were, i'll leave it to you to work out who it could be and what their motives might be.

"

Firstly on behalf of me and Adam we had the best 4 days ever. We had arranged to go with friends prior to the event so we were already in for a good time!.

We arrived on the Wednesday afternoon and once we had spoken to Paul,the group we came with helped as much as possible to set things up. I won't point out the same things again as everybody who attended has already done but yes there were some problems that weren't resolved over the 4 days.

In all honesty we had an amazing time with some very good friends and new friends that we made too. The setting was beautiful and what was there seemed organised and looked good. On Saturday night we all enjoyed ourselves in the dance tent and the djs were fantastic.

As for the people that complained about the music that we were playing (yes we were part of the group by the RV) first of all no it's not a music festival however a lot of people who attended actually came over and asked if they could join us,obviously the fun folk that attended and knew how to have a good time!! As for the others who seemed to have a problem,maybe any sort of festival is something you should choose to avoid in the future if fun is not your thing?!?! Just a thought...

With respect our only main issue was lack of events going on in the day time as we were a little bored,maybe some fun activities for people to take part in and get to know eachother would be an idea for the future.

On the whole we had a great time and the people we were with (you know who you are) made the festival fantastic. At the end of the day its what you make of it and if your incapable of doing so then maybe events such as this are something you should avoid.

Thanks to all who made our week so amazing. Love to you all. Xxx

N&A xx

"And how would you know that we helped out. We've never spoken to you and never met you. This just confirmed my suspicion... about ulterior motives of some of the people posting here. You only know about how we helped from certain other people that are hoping to cash in on the failings of Effrenata. What a shame and i now hope others here can see what's going on.

"

Appears it is not only Paul who is seriously deluded!

Wow guys this is getting out of hand. I've read this thread with interest. I promoted this festival in my online mag (my most popular article to date BTW) and am saddened to not only see that what was promised wasn't delivered but also all the sniping, personal insults and arguments that have occurred on here. Errors were made yes but having met paul I doubt highly it was intentional. And I'm pretty sure he'll have learnt a hell of a lesson. I've read some worrying things but don't know how much is hearsay and how much is truth!

I think everyone who went will just have to bear with him while he sorts through things. Just my two pence worth!

North Hampshire

"

Maybe it's because when people where asking about not getting the venue address, people pointed them in your direction! Perhaps you should ask questions before jumping to massive conclusions!!!

Also the post you jumped on wasn't 'actually' directed at you, rather the guy who, by he's very profile enables all to know that was a 'DJ' at said event! Again you jumped to the wrong conclusion!!!

I am not keeping this thread alive, I am just replying to slurs and inaccuracies!!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok this seems to have reached its end now....the organiser has posted with his explanation, maybe it would be best to mail him direct now for requests of refunds etc.