FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > We don't drive

We don't drive

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hat The Cuck OP   Couple  over a year ago

South London

Hi all, after some advice. We don't drive and are considering visiting a club either Abfabs or Vanilla Alternative but as we don't drive was wondering how easy these places are to get to from Croydon/London. Any advice would be great. We'd probably be looking to stay at a hotel local to the club to make it a little easier.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Taxi from hotel to club.... Simples ! . Both clubs are near hotels locally so won't cost that much ? And all the taxi drivers have local knowledge ??

South London

"Taxi from hotel to club.... Simples ! . Both clubs are near hotels locally so won't cost that much ? And all the taxi drivers have local knowledge ??"

Thank you We thought as much

By *enton2007Couple  over a year ago

Notts.

Va have a taxi service contact them

X

The T5 Heathrow Travelodge isn't known as Shaggalodge for nothing! Lots of Ab Fabbers stay there.

Abfabs run a free taxi shuttle from the club to the local Travelodge, it's no more than 5 minutes away, if your googling it it's the Heathrow Terminal 5 hotel.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Abfabs run a free taxi shuttle from the club to the local Travelodge, it's no more than 5 minutes away, if your googling it it's the Heathrow Terminal 5 hotel."

Is that just for NYE or any other evening too?

By *iss kitty glosWoman  over a year ago

gloucester

"Abfabs run a free taxi shuttle from the club to the local Travelodge, it's no more than 5 minutes away, if your googling it it's the Heathrow Terminal 5 hotel.

Is that just for NYE or any other evening too?"

That's just NYE but taxi only costs about a fiver

Yes just say when you get in cab at term 5 Heathrow if you get underground ,we are going to abfabs sex club can we get a discount

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

You could probably walk from T5 to Abfabs but the taxis know it well.

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"Yes just say when you get in cab at term 5 Heathrow if you get underground ,we are going to abfabs sex club can we get a discount "

I wouldn't get a black cab from Terminal 5 - in the past they've imposed minimum charges of something like £30 even though it's a 5 minute journey.

Twickenham

Coming from Croydon you're better off taking a train to Clapham Junction, then a South West Trains service to Ashford or Staines and a minicab from there.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

To the va you could get a train to Sandy from London and then it's not far at all in a taxi probably only a few pounds.

They have an on-site hotel.

By *TFSeventyMan  over a year ago

Weybridge

I often pick up my partner in Croydon so if our dates coincided be happy to give a lift.

I was thinking more of a payment in kind discount

"Hi all, after some advice. We don't drive and are considering visiting a club either Abfabs or Vanilla Alternative but as we don't drive was wondering how easy these places are to get to from Croydon/London. Any advice would be great. We'd probably be looking to stay at a hotel local to the club to make it a little easier."

Work out the cost may be cheaper to get bus etc there and then a minicab home rather than staying in hotel

Twickenham

"Hi all, after some advice. We don't drive and are considering visiting a club either Abfabs or Vanilla Alternative but as we don't drive was wondering how easy these places are to get to from Croydon/London. Any advice would be great. We'd probably be looking to stay at a hotel local to the club to make it a little easier.

Work out the cost may be cheaper to get bus etc there and then a minicab home rather than staying in hotel "

You might get lucky and get invited back to the Shaggalodge for the after party...

"The T5 Heathrow Travelodge isn't known as Shaggalodge for nothing! Lots of Ab Fabbers stay there."

This is where we stayed when we went to Abfabs. It's cheap and the taxi fair was minimal and we shared it with others.

VA also have rooms above the club that are nice and clean. I would recommend staying there overnight - though you have to book them far in advance as they get full really quickly.

We don't drive either and it's a shame we don't live closer as we love the club.

Takes about an hour and a half from central London, just far enough to make us think twice when the urge is upon us.

We stayed at the Travelodge one but that can start to add the £££ up once you add in taxi's etc

Never get a black taxi from T5 as they charge minimum £35 as its classed as outer Lobdon boundery. We get an Uber and it's about £12

Twickenham

"We don't drive either and it's a shame we don't live closer as we love the club.

Takes about an hour and a half from central London, just far enough to make us think twice when the urge is upon us.

We stayed at the Travelodge one but that can start to add the £££ up once you add in taxi's etc

Never get a black taxi from T5 as they charge minimum £35 as its classed as outer Lobdon boundery. We get an Uber and it's about £12

"

Wait until the sun comes -then you won't manage to resist the urge! From central London (depending) where you are the fast route is Waterloo to Staines in 32 mins. There is a bus from Staines station to Horton Road, or a cab can't be too much. Weekends there are often people daytine who will give lifts to tubes etc - I go past Ashford for mainline and have gone as far as Hounslow Central. It's the swingery thing to do..

Twickenham

"We don't drive either and it's a shame we don't live closer as we love the club.

"

Wait until the sun comes -then you won't manage to resist the urge! From central London (depending) where you are the fast route is Waterloo to Staines in 32 mins. There is a bus from Staines station to Horton Road, or a cab can't be too much. Weekends there are often people daytine who will give lifts to tubes etc - I go past Ashford for mainline and have gone as far as Hounslow Central. It's the swingery thing to do..

I wouldn't fancy the walk from T5 to Abs !! Or from the Travelodge for that matter, I've never been there on NYE but have definitely used the freebie service back to the hotel, black cabs are not to be used off the airport, prohibitivly expensive.

South London

Thank you all for your advice. Seems easy enough so will be giving it a go soon for our first club visit. x

Train from kings cross to Sandy then get a taxi to travel

Lodge on black cat if your staying over? It's only about 4 miles from sandy.

Va is I'd say 1.5 miles from the travel

lodge and va will get you a taxi sorted or you can call your own.

Easy peasy x

I was wondering whether you know about the party house in Sutton at which events are held? If you just fancy a swinging night out that might be an easier and cheaper option if you are not specifically looking at the clubs.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Another alternative if you are going to stay overnight is Xtasia, very cheap train fares booked in advance from Marylebone to Birmingham. The team leaves the same station into West Bromwich and you can see the hotel next door to the club from the tram stop. It really can't be easier.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"Another alternative if you are going to stay overnight is Xtasia, very cheap train fares booked in advance from Marylebone to Birmingham. The team leaves the same station into West Bromwich and you can see the hotel next door to the club from the tram stop. It really can't be easier. "

Damn autocarrot, I changed the word tram twice and it still reverted back

Have you considered Ourplace4fun near Alexandra Palace? Very good tube/rail links from Croydon and, in my opinion, a great first club experience.

South London

"Have you considered Ourplace4fun near Alexandra Palace? Very good tube/rail links from Croydon and, in my opinion, a great first club experience."

No we haven't. We shall look into this club also. Thank you

By *elticcurlsWoman  over a year ago

london

I would also recommend the venue in Sutton and OurPlace4Fun. There's also Le Boudoir in Aldgate which has excellent connections.

Not that AbFabs isn't worth the trip but the distance does mean I don't get out there as often as I'd like.

» Add a new message to this topic