FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Kestrals

Kestrals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, looking for some help please.

We are travelling to Surrey so a stop off seems the logical solution and will be at Kestrals on the first of June. It's a Wed and we are going to be arriving (traffic god willing) at about 2pm & staying until it's likely the M25 may have calmed down. Anyone know when rush hour is over?

What do we need? I think a robe and flip flops were mentioned... I read that there's a fridge and facilities to make a brew. Does that mean we should also bring soft drinks? Should we be bringing snacks and packed meals? Is there nothing to purchase on site?

What about towels?

If we do stay later and it becomes abfabs: What time is that? Is there additional cost? What's the dress code?

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andrewMan  over a year ago

GUILDFORD

Kestrels morphs into Abfabs at six pm. The M25 is a beast of its own nature and rush hour varies a lot . Can be over by seven around there or eight if the traffic bad. Tea and coffee provided and there are soft drinks around as well.

GUILDFORD

There is also no food provided so best bring your own. Towels are provided and dressing gowns are good if weather a little cooler.

"Kestrels morphs into Abfabs at six pm. The M25 is a beast of its own nature and rush hour varies a lot . Can be over by seven around there or eight if the traffic bad. Tea and coffee provided and there are soft drinks around as well. "

So is there a further fee for abfabs mid week as it's quite steep to get in for an afternoon as it is!

We need to be down in Surrey in time to show face for a few drinks so we thought leave about 8 pm.

Argh. Is there a hair dryer?

By *andtsurreyCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

Yep there are lovely showers and hair dryers. I also think Weds are Kestrels nights not Ab Fabs (that's Fri and Sat) so you wouldn't have to leave or pay again. I could be wrong though

T xx

"Yep there are lovely showers and hair dryers. I also think Weds are Kestrels nights not Ab Fabs (that's Fri and Sat) so you wouldn't have to leave or pay again. I could be wrong though

T xx "

Thank god for that. I had visions of turning up to meet hubbies family with pool hair!!

GUILDFORD

No more money to pay after going in for the day. Depends on where in Surrey you need to get to as to when to leave. At seven usually takes about 25 minutes to get to Guildford as a guide.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you want to bring proper food there is a microwave and you can buy pizzas from reception which you can cook in the microwave.

The M25 anti clockwise is usually a bit grim from the A30 to the M3 because of the lane drop but it does move.

We are heading to Guildford.

Microwave pizza sounds a bit grim tbh.

I'm a little lost on what we can microwave though... its my most under used bit of kitchen equipment.... erm... erm...

By *andtsurreyCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

It's honestly not as bad as it sounds. No soggy bottom as it's a combi microwave thingy. But just pack a picnic and you'll be fine x

"It's honestly not as bad as it sounds. No soggy bottom as it's a combi microwave thingy. But just pack a picnic and you'll be fine x "

I think a picnic is a better idea. Michael hates pizza anyway (I love it). Anyway it's going to be gloriously warm and we will only want salad...

By *skentcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Dartford

Dont forget 2 forms of ID for each of you!

"Dont forget 2 forms of ID for each of you! "

Yeah we read that. Not been anywhere else where a driving licence hasn't sufficed. Seems over the top tbh

"Dont forget 2 forms of ID for each of you!

Yeah we read that. Not been anywhere else where a driving licence hasn't sufficed. Seems over the top tbh"

Perhaps it is to stop people trying to share licenses to get in?

"Dont forget 2 forms of ID for each of you!

Yeah we read that. Not been anywhere else where a driving licence hasn't sufficed. Seems over the top tbh

Perhaps it is to stop people trying to share licenses to get in?"

Doesn't everyone have photo licences now? I thought they were doing away with the paper counterpart altogether. Genuine question as I don't know given I've had one well over 10 years.

And if you were willing to share your licence with someone else to get in surely you could also give them a water bill too?

Just think it's strange that a driving licence is enough to get you on a flight to a Ireland but not into Kestrals. It's not a problem as we will take the required and it's not put us off. But I do think it's over the top.

By *IANnG1Couple  over a year ago

local

"It's honestly not as bad as it sounds. No soggy bottom as it's a combi microwave thingy. But just pack a picnic and you'll be fine x

I think a picnic is a better idea. Michael hates pizza anyway (I love it). Anyway it's going to be gloriously warm and we will only want salad..."

this girl definitely luvs pizza and we should know

"It's honestly not as bad as it sounds. No soggy bottom as it's a combi microwave thingy. But just pack a picnic and you'll be fine x

I think a picnic is a better idea. Michael hates pizza anyway (I love it). Anyway it's going to be gloriously warm and we will only want salad... this girl definitely luvs pizza and we should know "

I'm never gonna live that down am I!

I think a picnic is a better idea. Michael hates pizza anyway (I love it). Anyway it's going to be gloriously warm and we will only want salad... this girl definitely luvs pizza and we should know

The simply answer to that is NO haha

I'm never gonna live that down am I!"

» Add a new message to this topic