FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Approach at Clubs

Approach at Clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ethnmelv OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Just wondering which approach has worked best for people when you are at a club?

When we started we were a bit timid and waited for things to happen. Now we tend to go in, look around, get our bearings (eye up the talent!) talk to each other for a little while to check we're both comfortable and then go and say hello to a few people - not necessarily to play, but because they seem interesting.

Any other approaches that have worked?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i apply what is known as the "random gobshite" which is i'll talk to anyone who comes outside....

its where the socialable people hang out.....

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We just go with the intention of enjoying ourselves, which we could do in an empty club....but basically we walk in, get naked and start having fun....surprisingly enough we tend to attract attention

Chudleigh

& then go back in? Sociable is good, up to a point...

Chudleigh

"We just go with the intention of enjoying ourselves, which we could do in an empty club....but basically we walk in, get naked and start having fun....surprisingly enough we tend to attract attention "

Genious, hadn't considered this approach!

By *ndykinkyMan  over a year ago

STOKE-ON-TRENT

If you are new try to sit or stand at the bar, you can chat to the bar person and there is a good chance others will chat even if it is just while getting a drink. At least that breaks the ice.

Chudleigh

"If you are new try to sit or stand at the bar, you can chat to the bar person and there is a good chance others will chat even if it is just while getting a drink. At least that breaks the ice."

Agree with being at the bar, in a couple of clubs we've been to the sofa's seem to end up having one couple to each ne all wondering why people don't sit with them! It is much easier to approach & be approached when you are both at the same eye level. Plus at the bar you have a continuous stream of changing people

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

When we went to abfabs we found that it was couples who seemed to know each other chatting so had a walk around then got our kit off and went and sat in one of the hot tubs, soon met quite a few that way

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm only new to the club scene, but this is something I find tricky.

Any other tips?

Chudleigh

If we haven't been before, we usually ask the owners to show us around and maybe introduce us to some regulars. If in doubt just go and say hi to a couple and chat for a while - people are usually really friendly & not just after sex!

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"When we went to abfabs we found that it was couples who seemed to know each other chatting so had a walk around then got our kit off and went and sat in one of the hot tubs, soon met quite a few that way"

The hot tubs at Abs are great places to break the ice and chat.

By *ndykinkyMan  over a year ago

STOKE-ON-TRENT

"I'm only new to the club scene, but this is something I find tricky.

Any other tips? "

Try to relax, maybe have a little to drink but not to much and smile.

Smile..make sure body language is open and friendly..more people likely to approach

We don't tend to approach much but people who approach us usually say hi, introduce themselves, ask if we've been to any parties before and go from there. we have had some straight to the point approaches from couples and single females which we don't mind lol.

By *uerido55Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"When we went to abfabs we found that it was couples who seemed to know each other chatting so had a walk around then got our kit off and went and sat in one of the hot tubs, soon met quite a few that way

The hot tubs at Abs are great places to break the ice and chat. "

They have ice in the hot tub?????

By *achoCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

We're always anxious about this. We've been a few times to AbFab, and although we found sitting in the hot tub 'easier' to start chatting, it's not always a guarantee ; also, sometimes their arrangement of sofas can be a little difficult to help strike up a conversation. We're hoping to go to Remix @ Swindon this saturday, and we're looking forward to a bar to prop up against !! After that, we'll have to see ! We ought to try and start up the conversation a bit more, but it's not easy, there's nerves, and then there's being worried we'll say something and make a gaffe ! I think to be honest we (all) go in hoping to have fun, so there's a certain amount of pressure just from that, but reading through the forums, I think we'll try and focus on the sociable side a bit more (with our main agenda in the back of our minds of course !!!).

We are still evolving our interaction, leaving things to the end of the night just hoping things will just happen isn't the best plan.

We had a fantastic play at the VA last week but really should have started earlier

There was a younger man that Mrs L really liked the look of that we should have just walked up to and started talking to.

Next time

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

I flit about and talk to nearly everyone. Its hard to shut me up sometimes lol.

The pool at Kestrels is a good place to chat to people I've found

» Add a new message to this topic