FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Safe sex!

Safe sex!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This question has probably been covered but I can't seem to find anything on here!

Had my first club experience last night (amazing)...

So my question is about keeping safe, using condoms obviously. But I cant help thinking about the spreading of diseases etc. With hands and mouths.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Or am I just being too cautious?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *teed99Man  over a year ago

Kettering

Obviously safe sex should be practiced by everyone especially when playing with non-partners but common sense should also prevail. Concern about fears when having oral sex etc. are common but in most cases unjustified. In all my years of visiting swinging clubs, I have not had any after effects and have not been aware of anyone else having similar problems. Regular testing by the Terrance Higgins Trust or similar organisations/clinics should be encouraged.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And don't mention the mix of fluids in the jacuzzi....or does the chlorine sort this out?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It is a risk albeit a lesser one than unprotected penetration. All you can do is play as safely as you feel acceptable.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The only sexual health you can ever be sure about is your own. Use condoms, dental dams, wash your hands or shower often, don't share toys, etc etc. Its up to you how far you go but, as stated above, its rare that STIs are a problem at clubs. The problem is that when there is one, it spreads quite quickly.

Oh, and get tested regularly. Very few STIs are life threatening, but they get treated better if caught early.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This question has probably been covered but I can't seem to find anything on here!

Had my first club experience last night (amazing)...

So my question is about keeping safe, using condoms obviously. But I cant help thinking about the spreading of diseases etc. With hands and mouths.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Or am I just being too cautious?"

Just don't sit on the toilet seat and you should be fine

By *qua vitaeWoman  over a year ago

Shropshire/South Yorkshire

"Obviously safe sex should be practiced by everyone especially when playing with non-partners but common sense should also prevail. Concern about fears when having oral sex etc. are common but in most cases unjustified. In all my years of visiting swinging clubs, I have not had any after effects and have not been aware of anyone else having similar problems. Regular testing by the Terrance Higgins Trust or similar organisations/clinics should be encouraged."

Interesting to know where/who says that it's totally 'unjustified' or just your own opinion?

OP: I recently had my regular checkup and was advised to use flavour condoms and dental dams for oral. They did say that even though the risk is much lower than unprotected penetrative vaginal sex, because the mouth is highly vascular, there is still a risk of transmission if anyone's mouth is bleeding through recent dental work, etc. HPV can be passed by skin to skin contact, so your scenario is possible.

All you can do is way up the risks yourself and protect yourself.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Dress in a space suit and helmet with positive pressure.

» Add a new message to this topic