FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Utopia, Staffordshire

Utopia, Staffordshire

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ello OP   Woman  over a year ago

alpha centauri

The Daily Mail has photos of Utopia it's been abandoned for 9 years.

In 2005 I was there nearly every weekend and even did a few shifts behind the bar.

Anyone on here remember the club?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty130Couple  over a year ago

Bristol Area

We went once or twice! Had some fun times there!

Remember there being more single guys there than suggested, and spent a lot of our time avoiding them though.

It had previously been a gay club, and lots of the playrooms were only big enough for 2 people! Hahaha

By *eterpan50Man  over a year ago

birmingham

I remember this club.crying shame the building as been left in ruin. Lovely place. Nice hot tub next to the swimming pool

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Went there one January, remember people queueing to get into the sauna as there was no heating.

Have you got the link to the article?

I'd driven past the place many times... wasn't a swinger then. By the time I was it was closed. Shame the building has just been left. Now it's been in the paper no doubt others will break in and damage it further...

It was a great club right on our doorstep. Sunday night chill outs were the best. The heated pool was the place to have some great fun.

It was such a huge building and never fully used to its maximum potential. In the right hands it would fabulous to see open once again. The daily mail article may be just a clever bit of publicity created by the current owner.

By *ryityoumaylikeitCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"The daily mail article may be just a clever bit of publicity created by the current owner. "
Would of been better if they mentioned who owns it lol they may just of had at least 1 interested party. :D

By *aff33Man  over a year ago

powys

p used to go there sunday nights were the best nights pity it closed great host lou and ? always good for a laugh

By *allyandJonCouple  over a year ago

manchester

We loved this place it was relaxed and great fun with sexy people it really was a great place with a pool and dance floor it had it all.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Where was it when it was open?

Bristol Area

"Where was it when it was open?"

To quote the Daily Mail article:

"Love shack in rural Staffordshire..."

"Club, Utopia, was open from 2004 until 2007 and was lauded as one of the 'finest' UK swingers clubs"

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

I got the Staffordshire bit but being from here I was wondering where specifically - it closed before I started swinging so never heard of it before!

By *ackwithabang2000Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

"p used to go there sunday nights were the best nights pity it closed great host lou and ? always good for a laugh"

Do you mean Louise and Tony?

The club had great facilities

Just a shame it couldn't carry on...

Bristol Area

"Where was it when it was open?

"Club, Utopia, was open from 2004 until 2007 and was lauded as one of the 'finest' UK swingers clubs"

"

To be fair, they say Staffs, but it was actually in Shropshire. M6 J12, go west, it was on the left after about 5 miles.

By *aff33Man  over a year ago

powys

tony!!!!!! how could i forget him lol

We had some great nights there, the pool and jacuzzi were very relaxing. The building was too big to heat properly though, and on cold nights it was nippy in the dungeons.

Ultimately it was just too far out of the way to attract enough people, we never saw more than 30 people in there.

By *eonlylive1seCouple  over a year ago

Atherstone

Utopia was the first club we ever went to. We loved it there, the people we met on that cold Sunday night we're really nice, . We even stayed over a few times upstairs . Have driven past loads of times and we always said if we had the money we would love to buy it and reopen it. It is a lovely building

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

first club i ever went to in 2005 with a previous swing partner, irish girl, lovely couple rang it , sure she was called Louise and a bearded quite short guy too, great pool and a nice group room. Still drive past it sometimes and sadly looks almost derelict

By *hropsDuoCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

We went there a few times, shame it closed, not far for us to travel to, wish it would open again. Think it would do well now as swinging is far more commonplace now than when we first started.

By *XHNHWoman  over a year ago

Stokeish...

Went there many times, didn't Sandy and Kevin take it over at one point towards the end?

We used to pass it every Sunday on our way to visit family in Newport. Remember Sunday night coming back down the A5 towards j12 passed there - all the cars parked on the side of the road.

It was a toss up between there and chams when we first tried a club ( we chose chams - luckily for us as I found out just after someone I worked with went there lol).

We got to know loads who loved it though and in its hey day it was the place to be. Then it was run into the ground by people who aren't in/didn't understand the scene.

By *ornyrider1970Man  over a year ago

Stafford

I tried to buy the place..the guy who owns it for some reason wont sell.

Stafford

To be fair, they say Staffs, but it was actually in Shropshire. M6 J12, go west, it was on the left after about 5 miles. "

Trust me its in staffordshire...

Stafford

"The daily mail article may be just a clever bit of publicity created by the current owner. Would of been better if they mentioned who owns it lol they may just of had at least 1 interested party. :D "

Stafford

"The Daily Mail has photos of Utopia it's been abandoned for 9 years.

In 2005 I was there nearly every weekend and even did a few shifts behind the bar.

Anyone on here remember the club? "

Ive tried to buy it but he wont sell

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

Ive tried to buy it but he wont sell"

haha with what? by pilfering your wifes money or your childrens stash of chocolate coins?

"I tried to buy the place..the guy who owns it for some reason wont sell."

We live very close it will never get planning permission again the residents of three local villages will see to that

Used to here here almost every weekend, back upon the days before kids came along. We'd arrive on a Friday late afternoon and not leave until the early hours of Monday morning to be ready to crawl into work.

Would end up behind the bar to help now and again if it got really busy, and often would be in the kitchen cooking breakfast (it was a "help yourself" kind of motto lol) and would end up cooking breakfast for everyone who stopped there, as usually would be the first up and the smell of cooking would draw the others downstairs! Lol

Long sunny days chilled out sunbathing and drinking tea/coffee in the lovely secluded grounds then full on partying at night.

Really miss this place, awesome facilities, awesome people, Lou and Tony were amazing, such lovely people, (what ever happened to them? Where did they go?)

The place did need a bit of TLC here and there, but still the best place ever for us.

"Went there many times, didn't Sandy and Kevin take it over at one point towards the end?"

Yes they did

By *assie48Woman  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

yes i remember going there quite often on a thursday night xx

Yeah we went there a couple of times.

Have strange memories of it, The pool WOW. one and only time I have swam in a pool that was a warm as a nice hot bath. We thought the thermostat had broken. Very big plus point as it was quite big pool.

To offset that the steam room door was broken. Some rowdy idiots had smashed it.

Strange place. Some parts of it were very Ostentatious with marble and fountains and water features. Like Ancient Rome. Other bits were woodchip wall paper, peeling off walls and very worn out

It was midweek when we went so we imagined it would be like chameleons. We felt the club was a bit quirky and doomed to failure to be honest. There was one strange moment at around 10 pm when the organised ladies, (who were obviously paid) suddenly put on a show. We stood by the door watching various staged sex acts. It was a bit forced and not terribly natural. A guy sauntered up behind Mrs N and tried to finger her, probably assuming she was available. He was batted away with short shrift. She just didn't feel comfortable. Needless to say we never went again and shortly after it closed.

We can see why it failed. It was just too out of the way, too much like a brothel and too ambitious in what it was trying to be.

"Yeah we went there a couple of times.

Have strange memories of it, The pool WOW. one and only time I have swam in a pool that was a warm as a nice hot bath. We thought the thermostat had broken. Very big plus point as it was quite big pool.

To offset that the steam room door was broken. Some rowdy idiots had smashed it.

Strange place. Some parts of it were very Ostentatious with marble and fountains and water features. Like Ancient Rome. Other bits were woodchip wall paper, peeling off walls and very worn out

It was midweek when we went so we imagined it would be like chameleons. We felt the club was a bit quirky and doomed to failure to be honest. There was one strange moment at around 10 pm when the organised ladies, (who were obviously paid) suddenly put on a show. We stood by the door watching various staged sex acts. It was a bit forced and not terribly natural. A guy sauntered up behind Mrs N and tried to finger her, probably assuming she was available. He was batted away with short shrift. She just didn't feel comfortable. Needless to say we never went again and shortly after it closed.

We can see why it failed. It was just too out of the way, too much like a brothel and too ambitious in what it was trying to be."

It never used to be like that to be honest, though some parts were still a little shabby, needing some TLC. But it did go down hill towards the end. It's location was an issue though, fairly out of the way, and the rooms to stay in weren't much, but then for throwing Tony a £10 we certainly didn't care, especially as it included breakfast, even if you did have to cook it yourself, though the huge industrial fridges and freezers were always rammed with food lol

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

To be fair, they say Staffs, but it was actually in Shropshire. M6 J12, go west, it was on the left after about 5 miles.

Trust me its in staffordshire..."

Definitely Staffordshire it's Ivetsy Bank / Wheaton Aston - I drive past it to get to my partners in Shropshire. They've tried to get it listed but it will restrict future sales

By *he_virgin_maryWoman  over a year ago

Here, there and everywhere!

Yes definately Staffordshire as Weston park is in Staffordshire too.

I've driven past many times and wondered what it was like inside.

Bristol Area

"Yes definately Staffordshire as Weston park is in Staffordshire too.

I've driven past many times and wondered what it was like inside."

My apologies, when I was looking it up on the map, the county line seemed to me to be just to the east.

By *nbetweenusCouple  over a year ago

derby

Fab club X

Stafford

"

Ive tried to buy it but he wont sell

haha with what? by pilfering your wifes money or your childrens stash of chocolate coins?"

Trust me Bob dont believe everything someone tells you.....

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

It would be fantastic to see it re opened by some one with some thing about them! Could easily be the best club in uk with the right staff!

By *4tCouple  over a year ago

warrington

went weekly, met new friends there, had massive parties.

loved the pool and caves.

By *4tCouple  over a year ago

warrington

"p used to go there sunday nights were the best nights pity it closed great host lou and ? always good for a laugh

Do you mean Louise and Tony?

The club had great facilities

Just a shame it couldn't carry on... "

Tony-mad as a box of frogs lol

West Midlands

"went weekly, met new friends there, had massive parties.

loved the pool and caves."

forgot the caves, they were great actually!

Louise and Tony eh?.....Nobody ran the club better than them......politics and conspiring friends wanted their crown....then totally ruined Utopia's chances of survival......(Cos we were there.....mmmmm)

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Not meeting

Utopia was involved in a huge fire yesterday. I’m surprised it took this long having been empty for 10 years. It’s not a listed building so will probably be knocked down now

B x

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"Utopia was involved in a huge fire yesterday. I’m surprised it took this long having been empty for 10 years. It’s not a listed building so will probably be knocked down now

B x"

Oh that's a shame. I never went, but heard fun stories about it .

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Awwww. Very Sad.

Many a great time there.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Probably a "convenient" fire! Expect to see planning permission for umpteen house on the site soon!

"Probably a "convenient" fire! Expect to see planning permission for umpteen house on the site soon!"

The owner would only need to submit a demolition and re-development application.

The cost of demolition would still be the owners or the developers. A fire is neither here nor there in the process.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Probably a "convenient" fire! Expect to see planning permission for umpteen house on the site soon!

The owner would only need to submit a demolition and re-development application.

The cost of demolition would still be the owners or the developers. A fire is neither here nor there in the process.

"

True, but if there`s a dispute between co-owners who don`t see eye to eye .....

"Probably a "convenient" fire! Expect to see planning permission for umpteen house on the site soon!

True, but if there`s a dispute between co-owners who don`t see eye to eye ....."

Dallas . . . there's got to be a horse involved somewhere! lol

West Midlands

"Utopia was involved in a huge fire yesterday. I’m surprised it took this long having been empty for 10 years. It’s not a listed building so will probably be knocked down now

B x"

that’s very sad, drove past there a week or so ago.

By *heshirepartiesCouple  over a year ago

Warrington

We did try to get it from the owner 2 years ago but he was having non of it

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Whatever you do, don't ask Flirt about Utopia and a bruised pubic bone!!

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/staffordshire/2018/04/20/fire-rips-through-former-swingers-sex-club-utopia---video/

Warrington

We located the owner but didn't want to know the building or anything to do with it

Not meeting

"Whatever you do, don't ask Flirt about Utopia and a bruised pubic bone!! "

I dread to think!!! It’a just such a shame as it’s a lovely building but the roof has gone. I so wonder why now though after all this time being empty. Huntercomb hospital or the house behind will no doubt be delighted!!!

By *sRedbbwWoman  over a year ago

Amwythig

If anyone's interested my friend is an urban Explorer and wrote this.

http://shrewsburyfromwhereyouarenot.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/abandoned-fetish-club.html?m=1

It was a brilliant club. Happy memories

By *expuss2015Woman  over a year ago

Planet Sex

"I'd driven past the place many times... wasn't a swinger then. By the time I was it was closed. Shame the building has just been left. Now it's been in the paper no doubt others will break in and damage it further... "

Think it was in the paper as it had had a fire so it would be damaged further now anyway

Warrington

Insurance job all over

By *he_virgin_maryWoman  over a year ago

Here, there and everywhere!

I often drive past it and it was slowly degrading externally and the under growth was taking over.

An insurance job would not be unexpected as I couldn't see how it would redevelop from the state it was in.

By *9HORNYMan  over a year ago

shifnal & dudley

ive tried to buy this property a number of times but to no avail, from what I can gather off my solicitor one party was willing to sell but another or others wasn’t (incidentally I would still be interested in buying burnt or not) it’s possibly an insurance job as a 55 year old male was arrested in the grounds so possibly one of the owners but I would of thought this would have been fired years ago, I had ideas of turning it back into a family home for myself before it’s kinkier days but in all honesty, being know for utopia was the real reason for my buying it, I’ve recently purchased Southfork just down the road and yes it has stables and does work as a ranch very dallas if your old enough to remember lol

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Is that the big place on left going to Shifnal from wolves.. Actually best seen in opposite direction

Not meeting

"Is that the big place on left going to Shifnal from wolves.. Actually best seen in opposite direction"

It is - just after the hospital on the right hand side going down A5 towards Shifnal

B x

shifnal & dudley

Yeah that’s the one

shifnal & dudley

"Is that the big place on left going to Shifnal from wolves.. Actually best seen in opposite direction"

Yeah that’s my place

» Add a new message to this topic