FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Gems, how is it?

Gems, how is it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, we're definately not new to this fun lifestyle & have partied at many clubs across the UK over the last few years...we've never been to Gems. Seems to have 'fun' reviews but interests in the thoughts of anyone who has been & stayed.

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm looking at going next week and would love to know what it's like.

By *isdirtygirlCouple  over a year ago

somewhere out there

It's great particularly for older people and smokers. We have always had great times there. Good mix of people there and because the owners are always about there are never any problems.

So I'm off to the evening on Wednesday, hope to see lots of friendly faces there.

[Removed by poster at 06/08/16 16:18:41]

"So I'm off to the evening on Wednesday, hope to see lots of friendly faces there."

Love to know what you think

"It's great particularly for older people and smokers. We have always had great times there. Good mix of people there and because the owners are always about there are never any problems."

Thanks for the reply, who do you count as 'older people'?

I wouldn't mind going there sometime. XXX

By *anillanomoreCouple  over a year ago

Chichester

It's the place I relax the most. There are places with better decor but the atmosphere makes it. It is run by a couple and their grown up son - they have strict boundaries so it isn't weird as that may sound. The owners take no shit, bad behaviour isn't tolerated. It is small enough so they can keep a watchful eye on everything that is happening. They do their best to make you feel comfortable.

I feel safe at Gems which enables me to let go of my inhibitions.

If you are staying be warned that the caravans are basic. There is a little motel just at the end of the road if you prefer a bit more comfort.

If you hate smoking it probably isn't the place for you though.

Totally agree if you hate smoking its not the place for you. That's why when we went we only stayed an hour. Most people seemed to be smoking so we left. As it is a private club smoking is allowed in the main lounge. Sorry not for us.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Totally agree if you hate smoking its not the place for you. That's why when we went we only stayed an hour. Most people seemed to be smoking so we left. As it is a private club smoking is allowed in the main lounge. Sorry not for us."

Thanks for that! I will definitely NOT be going thanks to the smoke! Many years ago, I walked 2 miles home from a wedding reception because my eyes were smarting thanks to all of the smokers!

It's not for me either then as I don't smoke XXX

I was thinking of going but the smoking has put me off now. I'm thinking of giving route69 in Weston super mare a go though.

Ah,that's decided it for us too, not going back to the bad old days of coming home stinking of smoke.

Thanks for all of the messages...the smoking thing has done it for us, we won't be going!!

I have only just seen about the smoking part. Contemplating not going now.

In fairness was talking to a couple last night, one smokes and one doesn't, and the non-smoker said they didn't notice it as an issue when they went.

"In fairness was talking to a couple last night, one smokes and one doesn't, and the non-smoker said they didn't notice it as an issue when they went. "

That's encouraging then. I think I will give it a try. Need to get 2 a club sooner or later

It's worth giving a try, you won't regret it. The positives outweigh the negatives.

"

That's encouraging then. I think I will give it a try. Need to get 2 a club sooner or later "

We've only been to Decs so far but have had great times, ought to branch out a bit. So glad we got over our initial nerves about going to a club, if you go planning on being sociable and make an effort to chat you won't go far wrong.

By *anillanomoreCouple  over a year ago

Chichester

I think they put in a new air filtration system too.

"

That's encouraging then. I think I will give it a try. Need to get 2 a club sooner or later

We've only been to Decs so far but have had great times, ought to branch out a bit. So glad we got over our initial nerves about going to a club, if you go planning on being sociable and make an effort to chat you won't go far wrong. "

I'm sure I'll be ok. It will be different for me that's for sure but hopefully will meet some new people.

By *isty286Couple  over a year ago

Dorset

We've been a few times, they have a large air handling unit, removing smoke returning fresh air, all around the bar area, the rest of the club tends to be busy with people smoking from friction rather than tobacco ...lol

Great place and friendly crowd, we might try to get there again Weds.

"We've been a few times, they have a large air handling unit, removing smoke returning fresh air, all around the bar area, the rest of the club tends to be busy with people smoking from friction rather than tobacco ...lol

Great place and friendly crowd, we might try to get there again Weds."

Say hi if you go

By *honjiMan  over a year ago

Langport

I'm a non-smoker but the extractors do a good job.

"I'll be back"

By *xebodMan  over a year ago

Exeter and East Devon

There are a lot of anti smoking comments on here that aren't really justified. Why? Because the owners have installed plenty of air filtering in the lounge area which is the only place you can smoke anyway. This is effective. Gems is a great place. The owners are very friendly. I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed.

How was it ?

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"There are a lot of anti smoking comments on here that aren't really justified. Why? Because the owners have installed plenty of air filtering in the lounge area which is the only place you can smoke anyway. This is effective. Gems is a great place. The owners are very friendly. I went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. "

I only have to get a whiff of smoke and my eyes start watering like mad! At Chams, I have to walk down that chequer plate walkway to get to the sun terrace rather than walk through the smoking area! I`m rather bad with ciggy smoke!

» Add a new message to this topic