FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Advice for a complete novice?

Advice for a complete novice?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onkey tennis OP   Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Looking to broaden my horizons and being new to this I am wondering about some of the manchester/NW clubs

I am a married guy but will attend solo.....

Other than the additional charges, are there any other hoops that single guys need to jump through ?

As you can tell I am completely new to this and any advice would be appreciated,,,,as well as venue recommendations

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uv2bseenCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"Looking to broaden my horizons and being new to this I am wondering about some of the manchester/NW clubs

I am a married guy but will attend solo.....

Other than the additional charges, are there any other hoops that single guys need to jump through ?

As you can tell I am completely new to this and any advice would be appreciated,,,,as well as venue recommendations"

May we ask what your wife thinks of you attending solo?

Is she involved in your decision to widen your horizons?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The best advice is to invite your wife along with you. Loads of benefits, firstly cheaper admission but most importantly a far, far greater chance to broaden your horizons.

Midlands

"The best advice is to invite your wife along with you. Loads of benefits, firstly cheaper admission but most importantly a far, far greater chance to broaden your horizons. "

Very true, we have visited clubs as a couple and are always welcomed.

A bit hard if his wife doesn't know though....

Liverpool

That is where I want to end up but wanted to make sure they are safe .... Sorry - I just worry about "new" situations

Midlands

"That is where I want to end up but wanted to make sure they are safe .... Sorry - I just worry about "new" situations

"

So does she know?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"That is where I want to end up but wanted to make sure they are safe .... Sorry - I just worry about "new" situations

So does she know?"

Why is that your business?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP...hopefully someone will be along to give you the advice you are asking for.

My bit of advice is nothing to do with a club, but it is not to think you have to justify yourself to anyone about your private life

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

You aren't far from Townhouse. Look up club reviews and the website to find out more. I am a regular at Atlantis in Stoke. Single guys can attend on Fridays and newbies are very welcome.

Liverpool

I guess I should have thought about this before posting.

Perhaps I am a little naive about what can or cant be posted on Fab.

shame really

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

You are welcome to post about your personal circumstances, just don't expect positive feedback from everybody.

All northwest clubs have difference rules for single guys, ranging from walking in off the street and not even needing ID, to needing a brief induction on a certain night and full ID; we are the latter.

If your long term goal is actually to involve your wife at some point, then I advise that you wait until she is ready and attend together as clubs can be very different places for couples and single guys. If, however, you don't intend involving your wife, then you are one of many, so don't be offended by peoples responses; they are just opinions. But expect to pay a little in some clubs as a guy, some charge membership fees and you may be one of many in some clubs. Like I say, we all operate differently, so it's worth doing a bit of homework before you make your decision.

If you would like to speak privately to me, then feel free to PM me and take a look at our reviews and website.

Vicky x

Townhouse

Liverpool

Thankyou Vicky - I had looked at the website previously and you have helped confirm that we would be better getting to you together (and no - not to save money on membership !!).

We will hopefully see you soon

By *mega_1Woman  over a year ago

Birkenhead

I've been attending Townhouse now for a number of years and is practically home from home, I'm sure that you and your wife will love the place and there are some really friendly people who go.

The staff are amazing and will always try to make people feel at ease.

» Add a new message to this topic