FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Vaping in clubs uck

Vaping in clubs uck

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *egliean OP   Couple  over a year ago

Torbay

Why do people in clubs thinks it's ok to puff away and blow that stinking vapour all over others in the non smoking areas.

If I want to smell of oldie world rotten burnt wood , or any other flavour of recycled steam, recycled through through someone's lungs,I,d stand by a bonfire or on a bridge waiting for the steam train to pass under. There's smoking areas,,where I don't go and complain about the smoke, and no problem with smokers ,,so please vape in the smokers area and and give us non smoking, self-righteous,,pain in the arses people some space

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Hopefully, at Chameleons the two areas set aside, one for smokers and one for vapers which everyone seem to adhere to very well meet to your approval! Seems you`re not going to the right clubs!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We're Vapers and unfortunately the smell of cigarette smoke turns my stomach, if we do vape inside we always ask the permission of the management and the people around us first

G

I George do not smoke, mildred has been using vape for 6mths now and hasn't had a real fag since,

the house car and her breath are 100% better,I cannot smell the vape she uses unlike the disgusting tobacco she used to smoke,

for me I do not associate vapeing with smokeing other than the same arm action,

recycled air through the lungs interesting comment but we all breath out recycled air from our lungs, what about bad breath ?

By *unkymancMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Vapor can smell nicer than perfumes. It doesn't stay in clothing or give anyone around them health problems. Sending non-smokers to smoking areas is a bit silly.

By *aughtySxTV/TS  over a year ago

Wigan Bolton North West

Silly post

Agree with OP 100%

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

I vape using a sub-ohm tank which produces clouds of vapour. Before anyone asks why, the flavour is 10x nicer than your bog standard pencil style vape stick.

Because of that I don't vape indoors as I can fill a room like a smoke machine in about 5 minutes.

That said, I see no problem with people using the weak pencil style ones, they emit as much water vapour as a cup of coffee.

i dont know what your inhaling really.

is it steam , bit like inhaling a boiling kettle if it wasnt hot lol

not so sure inhaling whatever it is can be healthy/or unhealthy as it hasnt been researched enough

best thing to breathe in is fresh air i guess

By *illnatMan  over a year ago

wherever i need to be

"i dont know what your inhaling really.

is it steam , bit like inhaling a boiling kettle if it wasnt hot lol

not so sure inhaling whatever it is can be healthy/or unhealthy as it hasnt been researched enough

best thing to breathe in is fresh air i guess"

95% safer than smoking according to NHS England and health wise I feel the best I ever have done.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I am a non-smoker and non-vaper.

I find that other people vaping nearby does not leave any odours hanging around. It also doesn't leave odours on their clothes or hair, and doesn't affect how they taste when snogging them.

If I have been around smokers, my own clothes smell of tobacco smoke until they're washed. And of course it does affect how kissing them tastes.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

I'd say it's unfair to ask someone who's trying to quit smoking to squeeze themselves into a confined space with a bunch of smokers. Cut them some slack and find them a little space at the bar or something. None of these things smell as bad as actual cigarette smoke.

By *r SelectiveMan  over a year ago

newcastle

Daft thread ...vaping is a lot better than smoking

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

I stay away from smokers/vapers/wotever. It stinks and so does the person using it

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

"I stay away from smokers/vapers/wotever. It stinks and so does the person using it"

I find that smokers certainly end up smelling of tobacco. Their clothes, hair, breath etc.

But vapers....nope...no lingering odours at all. It really does seem to be much "cleaner" and less bad for the health of everyone.

We had a vaper stay in our flat for a week while we were away on holiday, and she vaped away inside. This lady used to be a 50 a day girl and her vaping reflects her former cigarette habit. When we returned there was no evidence she'd even been there, except she'd done the cleaning

Neither myself nor the wife is a smoker or vaper, and the wife is especially sensitive to tobacco smells.

I find with vapers that there is a short term odour while they are actually vaping. This disappears within a couple of seconds as the vapour disperses and condenses. It leaves no trace in the air, on objects, on clothes, hair, bodies, breath or tongues.

Just my observation, perhaps other people are especially sensitive to certain smells in some varieties? But in general, it doesn't have the problems associated with tobacco.

Wembley

"I stay away from smokers/vapers/wotever. It stinks and so does the person using it

I find that smokers certainly end up smelling of tobacco. Their clothes, hair, breath etc.

But vapers....nope...no lingering odours at all. It really does seem to be much "cleaner" and less bad for the health of everyone.

We had a vaper stay in our flat for a week while we were away on holiday, and she vaped away inside. This lady used to be a 50 a day girl and her vaping reflects her former cigarette habit. When we returned there was no evidence she'd even been there, except she'd done the cleaning

Neither myself nor the wife is a smoker or vaper, and the wife is especially sensitive to tobacco smells.

I find with vapers that there is a short term odour while they are actually vaping. This disappears within a couple of seconds as the vapour disperses and condenses. It leaves no trace in the air, on objects, on clothes, hair, bodies, breath or tongues.

Just my observation, perhaps other people are especially sensitive to certain smells in some varieties? But in general, it doesn't have the problems associated with tobacco."

I know one and he smells; pity because otherwise I like him; but no thanks

Doesn't bother us. It's a lot less gross than the germs people leave everywhere they go in every walk of life. A lot less gross than body odour, or the minority of swingers who haven't had a shower.

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I can't do with the smell of smoke or vape. I don't mind people vaping across the room from me as unlike smoke the smell and taste doesn't travel but when there are plumes of it in your face it's disgusting.

We recently went on a non-swinging related event and it seemed most people were vaping, which the owners allowed all over the premises it tasted awful as it bellowed into our faces and we wouldn't be attending another event arranged by this company for this reason only - in fact we've already booked on to another event with another company who don't allow it in general areas. It would be the same for clubs, we love going to clubs but if I've got to sit breathing in and tasting someone else's vape all night I wouldn't return.

By *ymruambythCouple  over a year ago

grantham

I smoke sometimes but vape mostly. As for clubs, I generally smoke as I quite like the social aspect to the smoking area.

Vaping away from the club I use sub-ohm which does create quite a lot of vapour (not as much as some mind you), but if I am vaping anywhere indoors or around non-vapers then I use a less powerful device that kicks out a barely perceptible amount of vapour.

I see people blowing huge clouds outside the back door at my office and I think it's a recipe for vaping to get banned personally, as it looks pretty extreme. I also object to huge clouds being blown over me - even as a vaper, so as I said....keep to blowing clouds where I'm on my own or in vaping company, tone down the vapour when around polite company and when in a club probably have a ciggie whilst huddled under the heater in the smoking area

"I'd say it's unfair to ask someone who's trying to quit smoking to squeeze themselves into a confined space with a bunch of smokers. Cut them some slack and find them a little space at the bar or something. None of these things smell as bad as actual cigarette smoke. "

I personally (male) am using a vape to try and quit smoking after nearly 30 years of smoking. I understand that some people may still find it offensive but I haven't touched a cigarette for over 4 weeks now. I realise that some people won't see this as a big thing but for me it's a major mile stone. I've already cut from high strength fluid to medium strength and just feel that if forced to go outside in the proper smoking area then I would be too tempted to "bum" a cigarette off the smokers there and be back to square one.

Perhaps clubs could take pity on us that are trying to quit and give vapors their own area where we can go to relieve the temptation for a minute or two and help us kick a habit that is no doubt costing us thousands and slowly killing us.

On previous attempts to quit I have really struggled to get past a week or so and the vape is really helping me achieve something I wish I could have managed years ago.

As swingers are we not supposed to be an open minded and tolerant group of people? How's about we cut those who are trying better themselves a little slack and stop making them feel like outcasts or freeks and help them to become the non smokers they aspire to be?

By *ymruambythCouple  over a year ago

grantham

"I'd say it's unfair to ask someone who's trying to quit smoking to squeeze themselves into a confined space with a bunch of smokers. Cut them some slack and find them a little space at the bar or something. None of these things smell as bad as actual cigarette smoke.

I personally (male) am using a vape to try and quit smoking after nearly 30 years of smoking. I understand that some people may still find it offensive but I haven't touched a cigarette for over 4 weeks now. I realise that some people won't see this as a big thing but for me it's a major mile stone. I've already cut from high strength fluid to medium strength and just feel that if forced to go outside in the proper smoking area then I would be too tempted to "bum" a cigarette off the smokers there and be back to square one.

Perhaps clubs could take pity on us that are trying to quit and give vapors their own area where we can go to relieve the temptation for a minute or two and help us kick a habit that is no doubt costing us thousands and slowly killing us.

On previous attempts to quit I have really struggled to get past a week or so and the vape is really helping me achieve something I wish I could have managed years ago.

As swingers are we not supposed to be an open minded and tolerant group of people? How's about we cut those who are trying better themselves a little slack and stop making them feel like outcasts or freeks and help them to become the non smokers they aspire to be?

"

Chams has a 'vaping room' which is adjacent to the smoking area but inside.

I think both should be kept to restricted areas.

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

" give us non smoking, self-righteous,,pain in the arses people some space"

Yes I will give you some space and even give you extra bandwidth. - Block list increased by 1

Wembley

"" give us non smoking, self-righteous,,pain in the arses people some space"

Yes I will give you some space and even give you extra bandwidth. - Block list increased by 1"

Could you spare a few more electrons and please increase it by another

+3

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"" give us non smoking, self-righteous,,pain in the arses people some space"

Yes I will give you some space and even give you extra bandwidth. - Block list increased by 1

Could you spare a few more electrons and please increase it by another"

...and another!

Smokers usually smoke in the designated areas set aside for them so that is not a problem for me -

if someone vapes near me I move away until they have finished, the vapour irritates my eyes and the smell makes me sneeze sometimes

» Add a new message to this topic