FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Published guest lists

Published guest lists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What are your thoughts on published guest lists? I think it's nice to see who is attending a party, but can also be a pain. I guess a voluntary list maybe the best option.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *teed99Man  over a year ago

Kettering

One of the problems with published guest lists is that it can give the wrong impression of the numbers attending an event. Although a guest list is not published for the monthly Bi-Night at The Vanilla Alternative, Spicyminx who organises the event, does compile a list of those saying they will attend. On Friday night attendance was over 90 people although her list was considerably less than that. If that list had been published, it would have given the wrong impression of numbers actually attending.

"One of the problems with published guest lists is that it can give the wrong impression of the numbers attending an event. Although a guest list is not published for the monthly Bi-Night at The Vanilla Alternative, Spicyminx who organises the event, does compile a list of those saying they will attend. On Friday night attendance was over 90 people although her list was considerably less than that. If that list had been published, it would have given the wrong impression of numbers actually attending."

Good point. I'm note in favor of publishing a guest list, but I have had several inquiries if I could do one.

By *inderellaRockerfellazCouple  over a year ago

warrington

"One of the problems with published guest lists is that it can give the wrong impression of the numbers attending an event. Although a guest list is not published for the monthly Bi-Night at The Vanilla Alternative, Spicyminx who organises the event, does compile a list of those saying they will attend. On Friday night attendance was over 90 people although her list was considerably less than that. If that list had been published, it would have given the wrong impression of numbers actually attending."

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

It depends how the list is managed. If people get added to a public list and it isn't maintained, then it's just a list of names. What we try and do for most of our events, is keep ob top of them. So we contact people to make sure they are still coming and get them to confirm at least once that they are definitely coming. If we don't get a response within a few days, we take them off. We check accounts, to make sure they are still active..if they go unlos, we remove them. We have a 3 strikes rule for no shows. They don't go on future lists.

So we choose to publish lists, because we know that we maintain them and they are as accurate as possible. This doesn't allow for same dramas and babysitters letting people down, but the majority will turn up from our published lists. We usually get 2/3rds of our lists attending, which is good going. The other 1/3rd usually have a genuine reason.

If a list is published and not maintained, it is useless. But Townhouse and our hosts spend hours maintaining public lists to ensure we are not misleading people. If our published lists were inaccurate and not as published, we would get negative reviews to this effect....we don't

"It depends how the list is managed. If people get added to a public list and it isn't maintained, then it's just a list of names. What we try and do for most of our events, is keep ob top of them. So we contact people to make sure they are still coming and get them to confirm at least once that they are definitely coming. If we don't get a response within a few days, we take them off. We check accounts, to make sure they are still active..if they go unlos, we remove them. We have a 3 strikes rule for no shows. They don't go on future lists.

So we choose to publish lists, because we know that we maintain them and they are as accurate as possible. This doesn't allow for same dramas and babysitters letting people down, but the majority will turn up from our published lists. We usually get 2/3rds of our lists attending, which is good going. The other 1/3rd usually have a genuine reason.

If a list is published and not maintained, it is useless. But Townhouse and our hosts spend hours maintaining public lists to ensure we are not misleading people. If our published lists were inaccurate and not as published, we would get negative reviews to this effect....we don't

"

That sounds like a good way to manage it.

By *lusiveUnicornWoman  over a year ago

Essex/London

Speaking for myself - a single female - I prefer to be asked.

Admittedly I do like to see who's going, however every time my name is published (and I know applies to other single females, I'm not special ) I get BOMBARDED with messages and my profile goes back into hiding once again. Unfortunately, certain people seem to think that because we will be at the same place at the same time, it gives them the right to do so and it becomes rather draining.

Perhaps a voluntary guest list? Those that prefer to remain discreet can opt out?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We never published guest lists when we hosted a club night, we kept a list for ourselves and noticed it was fairly inaccurate, lots on the list didn't show up, lots not on the list showed up, most of the time the lists you see are a work of fiction on here, with helpers, co hosts all appearing in the lists, we once experimented with the guest list of a party we were invited to and so many we on the list we contacted said "oh we are not going now, we might go, not confirmed yet" blah blah blah,we just gave up trying to chat before the party.

Most hosts don't actually seem to post the real, definite list anyway as it would be fairly small and maybe put people off going as it seems quiet! After all what host or club will admit to a night not actually being as busy as it seems!

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Most clubs iv been to with massive guest lists turn out to be over exaggerated or keyboard warriors saying there going then find there mum or partner won't let them out. ... Loads don't like going on lists for fear that the regular club owner gives them a hard time .... You'll be suprised how many club owners think they own the customers .... I don't want to see the same faces day In day out. I like to see variety and the unexpected I like seeing something new and fresh. .... A constant change. And don't start me on the part 3 of the threat that ends up the same 2/3 people chatting. .... Live and let live. Use ALL your local clubs If people don't use them then they won't be there in the future.

When we run a party either club night or houseparty with a guestlist, we keep a spreadsheet of who we invite/express interest, who says yes/maybe/no then a day or two before confirm who will be attending....usually our parties are ticket only.

Without blowing our own trumpet as such, we don't have many no shows to any of our parties.

We once held house party and send guest list as requested by one couple,and ended up with lots people turning up all that was on guest list ,and then most coming up with crap excuses and buggering off lol but then following days verify each other what a great time at there own private party guess what not issued on since lol

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I keep a list but don't make it public

"I keep a list but don't make it public "

I think I'll do that.

» Add a new message to this topic