FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Denied entry - Quest

Denied entry - Quest

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ynxxx OP   Man  over a year ago

Around and about

I was looking forward to seeing what my local club had to offer as I'd heard good reviews.

Did meself up, got down there, just now, and was told by the guy on the door that, 'they weren't taking any more single male memberships there'd been too many recently'.

He said he couldn't do anything about it and 'Maybe I should call the owners tomorrow'. Does this shit happen often?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did you check the website or call ahead first? I know some clubs have waiting lists for single guys but don't know if Quest is one of them?

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted and can visit in future

A lot of clubs restrict single male entry we hear.

Just looked on theor website, did you have 2 dorms of ID?

Around and about

Yeah, I checked the website before. Nothing about restricting single males. And I didn't get the chance to show any ID.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Its a shame but when clubs get popular the single male memberships are the first to be restricted, usually because the couples and females don't want the club to be over run by men. The club should have something on the web page to state that the memberships have been restricted but it looks like you've been unlucky.

Unfortunately the swinging tourist guys spoil it a bit as it throws out the number balance. There are clubs where the guys all hunt in packs and it just spoils the vibe so clubs rightly restrict. You've just been unfortunate so perhaps call the owners and respectfully suggest they add something about calling ahead. If you're polite about it they would probably add you to the guest list for another night.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

I wouldn't deny you entry

Around and about

"Unfortunately the swinging tourist guys spoil it a bit as it throws out the number balance. There are clubs where the guys all hunt in packs and it just spoils the vibe so clubs rightly restrict. You've just been unfortunate so perhaps call the owners and respectfully suggest they add something about calling ahead. If you're polite about it they would probably add you to the guest list for another night. "

Yeah, I understand that. I just don't think I'll be bothering with Quest again in the future.

Around and about

"I wouldn't deny you entry "

Brilliant. When do you open? I'd a like a membership with you

Will I need 2 forms of ID?

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

Seems a bit rubbish not to have a warning on the website if they are operating a stay on new men joining.

But hey I aint a club-goer so can't really comment on whether this is common or not.

Around and about

"Seems a bit rubbish not to have a warning on the website if they are operating a stay on new men joining.

But hey I aint a club-goer so can't really comment on whether this is common or not. "

It does, doesn't it?

They're saying on their website that they tend to get more couples and they're encouraging single guys and girls to join, as they 'have couples looking for you.'

Just not me last night

"Seems a bit rubbish not to have a warning on the website if they are operating a stay on new men joining.

But hey I aint a club-goer so can't really comment on whether this is common or not.

It does, doesn't it?

They're saying on their website that they tend to get more couples and they're encouraging single guys and girls to join, as they 'have couples looking for you.'

Just not me last night "

We would question the clubs motivation for denying you.

Would be interesting to know if any other single guts had the same problem.

"I wouldn't deny you entry

Brilliant. When do you open? I'd a like a membership with you

Will I need 2 forms of ID? "

Application in person only

It does, doesn't it?

Just not me last night "

Free membership in my club for you. Gorgeous arse by the way

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

It's obviously a comms issue. If you have a change in policy you need to make sure your external comms are changed at the same time.

Hope they spot this thread and update the website. Probably a sign on the door would help manage expectations.

They must be pretty busy if they are now restricting membership.

By *knick45Man  over a year ago

Bristol

It does, doesn't it?

Just not me last night

Free membership in my club for you. Gorgeous arse by the way "

Can I apply to Minx

It does, doesn't it?

Just not me last night

Can I apply to Minx "

Sorry private club

It clearly says membership is not guarenteed and says the ratio for singles and couples...

It also gives a number to ring for more advice. If any club already has to many guys in.. they will refuse entry

Around and about

It does, doesn't it?

Just not me last night

Free membership in my club for you. Gorgeous arse by the way "

Thank-you and what a lovely figure you have. Now where do I sign up?

I don't understand how clubs work. Is it that they only have x amount of male members regardless of attendance or not?

Like they could have 100 guys as members but only 5 show up on a night, while other guys are turned away because they're not members ?

Ps as a greedy girl, I advocate no restriction to male membership

Around and about

"I don't understand how clubs work. Is it that they only have x amount of male members regardless of attendance or not?

Like they could have 100 guys as members but only 5 show up on a night, while other guys are turned away because they're not members ?"

Yeah, I know.

If he'd said you could become a member but just not come in tonight as we have too many guys in already - I would've paid my monies and looked forward to the next time.

But it felt like a fobbing off, so I'll just keep my money for a club that wants to take it off me!

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 10/05/17 11:54:22]

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Hey!

Shame your night was ruined but just a word of advice for any future club visits, so you are not wasting your time

Have a good look at the club website first. They're website does have a note on ratios. BUT ideally, call your chosen club up and have a chat first. I wouldn't advocate any single just pitching up to a club for the first time without finding out if he'll definitely get in. Clubs have so many different nights on offer now and we all work really differently, so you definitely need to have that chat.

I would call up Quest and speak to the owners direct and tell them of your incident and see what they say. It's your local club, so don't write them off altogether. Learn from the mistake and just call ahead in future

Quest has at times suffered from it's own success it was probably just a busy night

"Hey!

Shame your night was ruined but just a word of advice for any future club visits, so you are not wasting your time

Have a good look at the club website first. They're website does have a note on ratios. BUT ideally, call your chosen club up and have a chat first. I wouldn't advocate any single just pitching up to a club for the first time without finding out if he'll definitely get in. Clubs have so many different nights on offer now and we all work really differently, so you definitely need to have that chat.

I would call up Quest and speak to the owners direct and tell them of your incident and see what they say. It's your local club, so don't write them off altogether. Learn from the mistake and just call ahead in future "

I agree with this. When we first go to a club, we always call first.

In my experience, Quest is generally very single guy friendly, btw.

If you don't feel comfortable doing business with a place anymore, then obviously you shouldn't. But I personally would suggest you not write them off for this one incident. And if you do - then just make sure you learn from it and call in advance when going to other clubs for the first time.

Around and about

"Hey!

I would call up Quest and speak to the owners direct and tell them of your incident and see what they say. It's your local club, so don't write them off altogether. Learn from the mistake and just call ahead in future

If you don't feel comfortable doing business with a place anymore, then obviously you shouldn't. But I personally would suggest you not write them off for this one incident. And if you do - then just make sure you learn from it and call in advance when going to other clubs for the first time. "

I totally appreciate what you both are saying and I respect the fact that membership isn't guaranteed. And in future I will ring up beforehand before going to a club for the first time.

However when the website says they tend to get more couples and say 'Single guys and girls, come on, we have couples looking for you' - it's implying that their books are open for singles membership.

Also, it was a couples and singles night, so I thought I was good to go.

And about calling beforehand, the website says that membership isn't guaranteed over the phone. So I'd still have to turn up in person and potentially be turned away anyway.

Oh well, it is what is. I don't think Quest will be too bothered about one single guy not wanting try again and I'm not too bothered about trying again. Plenty more clubs in the sea n all that.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Hey!

If you don't feel comfortable doing business with a place anymore, then obviously you shouldn't. But I personally would suggest you not write them off for this one incident. And if you do - then just make sure you learn from it and call in advance when going to other clubs for the first time.

I totally appreciate what you both are saying and I respect the fact that membership isn't guaranteed. And in future I will ring up beforehand before going to a club for the first time.

However when the website says they tend to get more couples and say 'Single guys and girls, come on, we have couples looking for you' - it's implying that their books are open for singles membership.

Also, it was a couples and singles night, so I thought I was good to go.

And about calling beforehand, the website says that membership isn't guaranteed over the phone. So I'd still have to turn up in person and potentially be turned away anyway.

Oh well, it is what is. I don't think Quest will be too bothered about one single guy not wanting try again and I'm not too bothered about trying again. Plenty more clubs in the sea n all that. "

I wouldn't expect ANY club to guarantee a membership over the phone!!! No what I mean is, call to make sure you are ok to go, never mind get a membership! Regardless of what the website says, every night is different in a club and we can't always predict who comes in, so we don't always know how ratios will look until the night. If a club has too many guys on a particular night, then I wouldn't blame them for trying to cull numbers. So if you call them, they will tell you if you can go along or not and if you need to be early etc... NEVER just turn up to a swingers club unannounced on your first visit, otherwise expect to be turned away. We are all private members clubs and can allow in and turn away who we wish. If you pitch up to a house party unannounced, you'd expect to get the knock back...clubs can do the same.

So call them. Make sure you can get in. Get a feel for the place by talking to the owners. Don't expect to get a membership on the night.

xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

also at the moment.... without wanting to take a stance on any issue, we have only heard one side of the story...

so it may be fair to at least let the club have a right to reply, and if that then means they then learn and said they have to change what is on the website for example then so be it......

It does, doesn't it?

Just not me last night

Can I apply to Minx

Sorry private club "

Shot down!

I'm the same op... Iv just got ready to get myself down there for the rest of this afternoon but I called Them after seeing this and there not taking on at the moment.. Sadly! The bloke on the phone seemed nice he said call back tonight....

[Removed by poster at 10/05/17 13:58:26]

Some clubs think to highly of themselves lol

Around and about

"also at the moment.... without wanting to take a stance on any issue, we have only heard one side of the story...

so it may be fair to at least let the club have a right to reply, and if that then means they then learn and said they have to change what is on the website for example then so be it......"

I hear you. I'm just venting a bit.

After I'd got all excited about meeting some new folks, done a couple of press ups, and got myself so fresh and so clean. All to be told, 'No, not tonight'. Not gonna lie, It's disappointing.

But I'm fairly new to all of this, so you live and you learn I suppose?

Around and about

"I'm the same op... Iv just got ready to get myself down there for the rest of this afternoon but I called Them after seeing this and there not taking on at the moment.. Sadly! The bloke on the phone seemed nice he said call back tonight...."

Sorry to hear that man,

Have you thought though, 'Is it coz I'm ginger?'

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"also at the moment.... without wanting to take a stance on any issue, we have only heard one side of the story...

so it may be fair to at least let the club have a right to reply, and if that then means they then learn and said they have to change what is on the website for example then so be it......

After I'd got all excited about meeting some new folks, done a couple of press ups, and got myself so fresh and so clean. All to be told, 'No, not tonight'. Not gonna lie, It's disappointing.

"

To be fair..I'm sold! lol

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

"

We all need to vent from time to time and I'd happily give you a tour of the North West clubs

By *asbeenCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

To be fair..I'm sold! lol"

Why not just keep your nose clean and look after your own club.

Cham's,Cupids and Quest really don't require any any advise from division two.

Cham's,Cupids and Quest really don't require any any advise from division two."

that was bitchy

Was there really any need for that? Clown.

They are as entitled to offer an opinion and advice as much as anyone. More so you could argue when they are at the "coalface". As a novice club goer i find all the comments informative. Except yours of course which just makes you look stupid!

Around and about

I don't think there's any need for that.

Anyway, I don't think they require any advice from you. Sorry, you never said which club it is you run?

"I was looking forward to seeing what my local club had to offer as I'd heard good reviews.

Did meself up, got down there, just now, and was told by the guy on the door that, 'they weren't taking any more single male memberships there'd been too many recently'.

He said he couldn't do anything about it and 'Maybe I should call the owners tomorrow'. Does this shit happen often?"

no they normally throw you out after you've paid

By *ilk_TreMan  over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"I'm the same op... Iv just got ready to get myself down there for the rest of this afternoon but I called Them after seeing this and there not taking on at the moment.. Sadly! The bloke on the phone seemed nice he said call back tonight....

Sorry to hear that man,

Have you thought though, 'Is it coz I'm ginger?' "

That would be quite amazing seeing as he PHONED them.

Wherever the party is!

[Removed by poster at 11/05/17 14:39:20]

By *exmadscotMan  over a year ago

alloa

they don't like long hair at that club

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Anyway, I don't think they require any advice from you. Sorry, you never said which club it is you run? "

They run Townhouse. I think their input was very sensible and useful from an owners perspective.

OP remember you were getting the version of the guy running the door, which might be subtly different from how the club might have explained.

if they had a high proportion of single guys in, maybe they were only allowing current members in, for example?

Stick with it and have fun.

Anyway, I don't think they require any advice from you. Sorry, you never said which club it is you run?

They run Townhouse. I think their input was very sensible and useful from an owners perspective.

OP remember you were getting the version of the guy running the door, which might be subtly different from how the club might have explained.

if they had a high proportion of single guys in, maybe they were only allowing current members in, for example?

Stick with it and have fun."

There was a couple commenting after townhouse .....

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

"

There was a couple commenting after townhouse ....."

I know the OP didn't make the TH dig comment, it was another poster. I just wanted to answer both points in one reply

I go to quest a lot,the staff are amazing.they are high numbers of single males.ive gone a few times and they has been 3 women and over 30 men.

"I go to quest a lot,the staff are amazing.they are high numbers of single males.ive gone a few times and they has been 3 women and over 30 men."

we were looking at trying Quest...not much point based on those numbers for us if that's the norm. Thanks for the heads up

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I go to quest a lot,the staff are amazing.they are high numbers of single males.ive gone a few times and they has been 3 women and over 30 men."

I wish. Its a much higher proportion of coupes to singles now, mainly because the new premises allow the owners to concentrate on couples only events, to the detriment of the other members.

"I go to quest a lot,the staff are amazing.they are high numbers of single males.ive gone a few times and they has been 3 women and over 30 men.

we were looking at trying Quest...not much point based on those numbers for us if that's the norm. Thanks for the heads up"

we have been many many times and not seen that ratio..

In the evenings definitely not.

Its not the norm,but ive been on a weds afternoon and it has been too many single males.but i like it like that

[Removed by poster at 11/05/17 17:47:54]

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

We have to agree , afternoons can be quite overrun with guys . We have seen very much the same a few couples outnumbered by guys. Thankfully most are friendly or just shy away and keep themselves to themselves.

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

A club actually calling the halt and not letting endless single guys in, which can make for a bad balance, is normally the sign of a club that is being well run, as opposed to just taking your cash.

It is always advisable to call ahead first, especially if you haven't been to the venue before. In that case, we would say you would have to do it, with any club, as a matter of course.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

There was a couple commenting after townhouse ....."

It's ok...the silhouetted, non verified Hasbeen couple like to follow our posts and slag us off. The last time they commented on a forum, it was in the same vein...just follow their green arrow.

What they don't realise is that people talk and think that the Hasbeen couple represent another club and it's reflecting badly on the other clubs. So their attempt at a dig is actually having the reverse effect. I have a good idea who they..or rather 'she' is.

It's hilariously obvious what this profile is up to....anyone got a fly swatter?

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Some clubs think to highly of themselves lol"

I'm glad they do 'speak highly' I don't want to go to a club that has no restrictions or standards.

It's ok...the silhouetted, non verified Hasbeen couple like to follow our posts and slag us off. The last time they commented on a forum, it was in the same vein...just follow their green arrow.

What they don't realise is that people talk and think that the Hasbeen couple represent another club and it's reflecting badly on the other clubs. So their attempt at a dig is actually having the reverse effect. I have a good idea who they..or rather 'she' is.

It's hilariously obvious what this profile is up to....anyone got a fly swatter? "

Fair play to you

Wherever the party is!

It's hilariously obvious what this profile is up to....anyone got a fly swatter?

Fair play to you "

Next time, I'm leaving my post and living with the consequences. Much more fun!

Fair play to you

Next time, I'm leaving my post and living with the consequences. Much more fun! "

bad ass. I can't save you from yourself

Wherever the party is!

Fair play to you

Next time, I'm leaving my post and living with the consequences. Much more fun!

bad ass. I can't save you from yourself "

I'm a closet masochist.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Within this one thread it just shows how complex it is for one club to address everyone's needs.

We have views of too many single men, so they are right to restrict attendance, across to the club focusing too much on couples.

Which all goes to show how much of a balance it is to keep the punters and potential punters happy.

If you are a couple then they dedicate 2 nights a month to couples only events.

If you are after lots of men then Wednesday afternoon seems to be the optimised time.

Friday, Saturday and Sundays would appear to have a more balanced ratio of couples and singles.

But overall they need to make it clear at the moment they are full in terms of single male capacity. Something on their website to allow a waiting list or to make it clear how long this is likely to be the case maybe in order.

Every time I visit a new club, I always drop them an email to check that it's an appropriate night for me to attend and to politely introduce myself so that I can get a walk round when I get there.

Firstly, it's polite. Secondly, it saves disappointment by inadvertently rocking up on the wrong night.

Maybe try that in future OP.

"I'm the same op... Iv just got ready to get myself down there for the rest of this afternoon but I called Them after seeing this and there not taking on at the moment.. Sadly! The bloke on the phone seemed nice he said call back tonight....

Sorry to hear that man,

Have you thought though, 'Is it coz I'm ginger?'

That would be quite amazing seeing as he PHONED them. "

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"I was looking forward to seeing what my local club had to offer as I'd heard good reviews.

He said he couldn't do anything about it and 'Maybe I should call the owners tomorrow'. Does this shit happen often?"

Always best to call these places before rocking up for all sorts of different reasons, not least as a single guy.

By *iamond coupleCouple  over a year ago

leeds

We have been regular attenders to Quest, and the old club, for quite a few years and have personally seen the owners informing a single guy that there was not many in and it was very quiet. This gives the guy the option to say thanks, turn round and save himself a few quid or he can carry on regardless, pay his money and take his chance. I thought that this was a very fair action taken by the owners. As for the comment about weather being ginger had anything to do with it, we regularly see quite a few ginger people enjoying themselves at the club.

"We have been regular attenders to Quest, and the old club, for quite a few years and have personally seen the owners informing a single guy that there was not many in and it was very quiet. This gives the guy the option to say thanks, turn round and save himself a few quid or he can carry on regardless, pay his money and take his chance. I thought that this was a very fair action taken by the owners. As for the comment about weather being ginger had anything to do with it, we regularly see quite a few ginger people enjoying themselves at the club. "
good to know I won't be the only one but they never got to see me as I was the smart one an rang ahead unlike numbnuts

Around and about

[Removed by poster at 13/05/17 21:54:08]

Around and about

"We have been regular attenders to Quest, and the old club, for quite a few years and have personally seen the owners informing a single guy that there was not many in and it was very quiet. This gives the guy the option to say thanks, turn round and save himself a few quid or he can carry on regardless, pay his money and take his chance. I thought that this was a very fair action taken by the owners. As for the comment about weather being ginger had anything to do with it, we regularly see quite a few ginger people enjoying themselves at the club. good to know I won't be the only one but they never got to see me as I was the smart one an rang ahead unlike numbnuts "

I'll give you numbnuts if I see you fella The ginger thing was a joke but whatever

"We have been regular attenders to Quest, and the old club, for quite a few years and have personally seen the owners informing a single guy that there was not many in and it was very quiet. This gives the guy the option to say thanks, turn round and save himself a few quid or he can carry on regardless, pay his money and take his chance. I thought that this was a very fair action taken by the owners. As for the comment about weather being ginger had anything to do with it, we regularly see quite a few ginger people enjoying themselves at the club. "

I'm pretty sure that ginger comment was meant as a joke as in "is it because I am black" type vein. More of a solidarity minority thing done in good humour. I could be wrong but that's how it came across to me.

"We have been regular attenders to Quest, and the old club, for quite a few years and have personally seen the owners informing a single guy that there was not many in and it was very quiet. This gives the guy the option to say thanks, turn round and save himself a few quid or he can carry on regardless, pay his money and take his chance. I thought that this was a very fair action taken by the owners. As for the comment about weather being ginger had anything to do with it, we regularly see quite a few ginger people enjoying themselves at the club. good to know I won't be the only one but they never got to see me as I was the smart one an rang ahead unlike numbnuts

I'll give you numbnuts if I see you fella The ginger thing was a joke but whatever"

By *iamond coupleCouple  over a year ago

leeds

"We have been regular attenders to Quest, and the old club, for quite a few years and have personally seen the owners informing a single guy that there was not many in and it was very quiet. This gives the guy the option to say thanks, turn round and save himself a few quid or he can carry on regardless, pay his money and take his chance. I thought that this was a very fair action taken by the owners. As for the comment about weather being ginger had anything to do with it, we regularly see quite a few ginger people enjoying themselves at the club.

I'm pretty sure that ginger comment was meant as a joke as in "is it because I am black" type vein. More of a solidarity minority thing done in good humour. I could be wrong but that's how it came across to me. "

and us too. and we tried to answer in the same humour. Xx

» Add a new message to this topic