FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > clubs!!!

clubs!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've wanted to, and thought about attending one for a long time, a really long time.

I looked at one today and calculated that it would cost me the best part of 100 quid to attend for that first evening. In fact way over that.

I can afford it (some cannot) but part of me feels that if I did that then i am essentially paying for sex, (although it's doubtful that I would go that far on my first attendance as I need to gauge and feel people.

Anyway

I guess my point is! Certain clubs are pricing guys out. Yes I can understand the theory behind it, as in, it s out the idiots and keeps numbers balanced, but it crucifies the decent ones.

To put things into perspective. I have to travel for two hours just to get to one, then pay the ridiculous membership fee because I have a wee thing that dangles (well sometimes..)

So before I even buy a drink or pay for a hotel is cost of over £100.

I'm aware that some have a far more relaxed attitude and are more liberal, for this I commend you.

After many many conversations I know there are women that will not attend certain clubs because of their policy regarding single men.

I guess I've said what I wanted to and I expect it will be slated but it matters not, it won't affect my life in the slightest. It's just an observation and opinion that I wanted to share.

Regards

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's doesn't out the idiots. Some ignorant people have lots of money. It's business and pure economics that makes it more expensive for the single male.

You could always view your £100 as an investment.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's one that many men have shared before.

As a woman who has paid for the membership and entrance fees for men I see it slightly differently. You are not paying for sex but for a night out.

We all have choices about how we spend our money on a night out. Going to an 'ordinary' night club can easily set you back £100. Jeez, a night out at a pub gig the other week set me back £40 just on buying rounds.

So, if the night out you want is at a club that includes sex you budget for that and go. It's just a choice.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You're not paying for sex, as you're not guaranteed sex by paying the entry fee!

It's this viewpoint that leads to many men being unpleasant and inappropriate in clubs.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

There are clubs out there that cost much less than £100, even for single men. Do some research, book in advance to get the cheaper hotel deals (or even pick a club that has accommodation), and budget.

Like all things, you are only going to pay if you have the money spare. Treat it as a treat and not a tax, and you'll have a good time. As Lickety said above, you wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying a lot of money for a night out in town, so why complain at paying for night in a club? Which IMO is much more fun anyway.

"There are clubs out there that cost much less than £100, even for single men. Do some research, book in advance to get the cheaper hotel deals (or even pick a club that has accommodation), and budget.

Like all things, you are only going to pay if you have the money spare. Treat it as a treat and not a tax, and you'll have a good time. As Lickety said above, you wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying a lot of money for a night out in town, so why complain at paying for night in a club? Which IMO is much more fun anyway."

Agree with this. There are ways of doing it in a more cost effective manner. It just requires some prior thought and a slight shift in attitude (i.e the cost of membership is a one off cost spread over the course of a year and this leads to reduced entry over the year)

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You could stay at home and have a wank and save £100

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

OP whilst clubs do charge more for single men they don't all have a membership fee. Maybe it would be worth travelling a little bit further and going to one of the cheaper clubs. The cost of entry and membership isn't an indicator of it actually being a good club.

Many clubs don't have an alcohol license and operate a bring your own booze policy. The club i go to do this and only charge £20 for single men with no membership. Most people spend far in excess of £20 on a saturday night at a normal pub or nightclub!

You are not paying for sex. You are paying for a night out and the opportunity to mix with sexually adventurous people like yourselves. Just enjoy

Mrs

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

I often pay between £100-£200 for a night at a club when all things are considered

I don't drive so it's public transport and taxis and I need accommodation to stay out overnight as well as and overnight babysitter to pay, entry costs etc

I'm in no way paying for sex that's just a bonus

You're not paying for sex, you're paying for the staff and the venue - which usually only earns revenue 2 or 3 days a week.

It's actually amazing that they make any money at all.

Personally, we think it's worth it for the safe space, the clean accommodation and the gathering of like-minded people, all hell bent on having a good time.

By *inkySlinkyCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"You could stay at home and have a wank and save £100 "

Excellent idea. And you wouldn't catch any of those nasty STDs either, even if you didnt wear a condom .

Sally

At one club we pay four times as much as a single woman; but we don't feel as if we are paying for sex

A night out in town for the two of us will be well over £100 anyway so we don't see an issue with a club charging us as much

I guess it depends on what one wants; dinner and theatre or an evening in a swingers club; we like doing both

- Mrs. J -

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Where's your closest, club f?

I've just looked, membership is £30 for single guys and couples. Then entry on a friday is £22, but half price for fist two visits.

So, your first visit, including membership would be £41, the next one would be £11.

Go or don't, your choice.

"You're not paying for sex, as you're not guaranteed sex by paying the entry fee!

It's this viewpoint that leads to many men being unpleasant and inappropriate in clubs.

"

I wouldn't be going for or expecting sex, I would simply be going to see how comfortable I Was in that environment.

"Where's your closest, club f?

I've just looked, membership is £30 for single guys and couples. Then entry on a friday is £22, but half price for fist two visits.

So, your first visit, including membership would be £41, the next one would be £11.

Go or don't, your choice."

I've looked at club f and I've actually emailed the guys that run it. I will say they have been bloody brilliant. I don't have a car as I ride a motorcycle. I was concerned about the state of me on arrival.

They simply said that there are showers and things so you can freshen up on arrival. Although that's not an exact quote

"It's one that many men have shared before.

As a woman who has paid for the membership and entrance fees for men I see it slightly differently. You are not paying for sex but for a night out.

We all have choices about how we spend our money on a night out. Going to an 'ordinary' night club can easily set you back £100. Jeez, a night out at a pub gig the other week set me back £40 just on buying rounds.

So, if the night out you want is at a club that includes sex you budget for that and go. It's just a choice.

"

You have paid for men? Oh I could never handle that? I guess in some ways I am quite old school

"There are clubs out there that cost much less than £100, even for single men. Do some research, book in advance to get the cheaper hotel deals (or even pick a club that has accommodation), and budget.

Like all things, you are only going to pay if you have the money spare. Treat it as a treat and not a tax, and you'll have a good time. As Lickety said above, you wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying a lot of money for a night out in town, so why complain at paying for night in a club? Which IMO is much more fun anyway."

You know what! I rather liked your response.

All things to take on board

"You could stay at home and have a wank and save £100

Excellent idea. And you wouldn't catch any of those nasty STDs either, even if you didnt wear a condom .

Sally"

Bugger! I don't wank well not often anyway lol

Fair play.

Little nod of head in respect sent your way

"OP whilst clubs do charge more for single men they don't all have a membership fee. Maybe it would be worth travelling a little bit further and going to one of the cheaper clubs. The cost of entry and membership isn't an indicator of it actually being a good club.

Many clubs don't have an alcohol license and operate a bring your own booze policy. The club i go to do this and only charge £20 for single men with no membership. Most people spend far in excess of £20 on a saturday night at a normal pub or nightclub!

"

Thank you for your advice. Gratefully received

Like all things, you are only going to pay if you have the money spare. Treat it as a treat and not a tax, and you'll have a good time. As Lickety said above, you wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying a lot of money for a night out in town, so why complain at paying for night in a club? Which IMO is much more fun anyway.

Agree with this. There are ways of doing it in a more cost effective manner. It just requires some prior thought and a slight shift in attitude (i.e the cost of membership is a one off cost spread over the course of a year and this leads to reduced entry over the year)"

There my friend is an opinion that is of worth

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I've looked at club f and I've actually emailed the guys that run it. I will say they have been bloody brilliant. I don't have a car as I ride a motorcycle. I was concerned about the state of me on arrival.

They simply said that there are showers and things so you can freshen up on arrival. Although that's not an exact quote

"

I don't understand why you have said clubs fleece single guys then. You know that club charges the same as couples and the owner has done his best to reassure, about your travel, and it will cost £41, not £100.

Going on a motorbike, it'll cost about a tenner in fuel.

If you don't want to go to a club, that's fine, but do you think you might be constructing reasons not to do it?

I don't understand why you have said clubs fleece single guys then. You know that club charges the same as couples and the owner has done his best to reassure, about your travel, and it will cost £41, not £100.

Going on a motorbike, it'll cost about a tenner in fuel.

If you don't want to go to a club, that's fine, but do you think you might be constructing reasons not to do it?

"

My club visit is already planned, for me the cost isn't an issue but for some is, the particular club I looked at last night wanted 60 membership plus entry fee on the first visit,

And I did say right at the start that it wasn't every club

» Add a new message to this topic