FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Abfabs Lack Of A Bar, Drinks Taken

Abfabs Lack Of A Bar, Drinks Taken

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/09/17 00:22:05]

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

Hi,

Went to Abfabs on a Friday night a few weeks ago, first time ever, a great night and lovely people, however, I am not that impressed with the alcohol storage side of things, as I had a bottle of Jack Daniels fully labelled with our names and 3/4 of it was gone when I returned to get it for a drink. Another couple we met had the same thing happen with their drink.

Would be lovely if they had a bar area, where someone served you your own drink ( like Hellfire ), as there are scoundrels and thieves who think it is fair to take what is not there.

Does this happen often, if so will have to buy a bottle lock?

By *aznpaulCouple  over a year ago

yiewsley

"Hi,

Went to Abfabs on a Friday night a few weeks ago, first time ever, a great night and lovely people, however, I am not that impressed with the alcohol storage side of things, as I had a bottle of Jack Daniels fully labelled with our names and 3/4 of it was gone when I returned to get it for a drink. Another couple we met had the same thing happen with their drink.

Would be lovely if they had a bar area, where someone served you your own drink ( like Hellfire ), as there are scoundrels and thieves who think it is fair to take what is not there.

Does this happen often, if so will have to buy a bottle lock?"

we put ours in locker ...to be fair its fine most of the time ...but when it does happen there it tends to happen to more than one person ....so probably just one wrongun in that day/evening ...xxx caz and paul

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This has been an ongoing problem at this club for a long time. People have asked for a bar and have been told no as it would be to much hassle and cost the club to much money.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

I never take alcohol there cos I'm always driving but have had sweets and biscuits nicked out of my cool bag. Best one was after losing 3 packs of really nice Foxes cookies on 3 previous visits, I opened the fridge to find cool bag had been opened but nothing missing. Obviously, the biscuit thief had had a look and decided the bog standard Maryland cookies I'd turned up with that time weren't worth nicking.

By *adysilkCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

Where is this place looked on web site can't find address or is there more than one thank you

"Where is this place looked on web site can't find address or is there more than one thank you"

Google Abfab parties and Kestrel Hydro

By *igFatBettyWoman  over a year ago

Finchampstead

Sadly nothings save there unless it's in your locker

MESSAGE FROM ABFABS MANAGEMENT (Fab has removed their access to post on the forums)

We sell bottle locks and without one we take no responsibility.

By *M_COUPLE_SECouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Some people are beyond belief, stealing food and drink at a place like AbFabs. Absolute low life's, who obviously could not give a dam about other people's nights or possessions .

As for a supervised bar, I think it would be a good idea for a few reasons. 1 it would stop drinks being stolen, 2 it would stop people interfering with people drinks. 3. It would be a good place for people to break the ice. And 4. It would give the staff a good opportunity to keep an eye on people drinking massively to excess.

Especially since there is already a bar area for soft drinks.

"MESSAGE FROM ABFABS MANAGEMENT (Fab has removed their access to post on the forums)

We sell bottle locks and without one we take no responsibility."

As mentioned, I place no loss on the management, just feel a bar is a much safer option, many other have expressed it happened to them and that cannot be fair or good.

The club and staff are wonderful, but it did sour the experience

"Some people are beyond belief, stealing food and drink at a place like AbFabs. Absolute low life's, who obviously could not give a dam about other people's nights or possessions .

As for a supervised bar, I think it would be a good idea for a few reasons. 1 it would stop drinks being stolen, 2 it would stop people interfering with people drinks. 3. It would be a good place for people to break the ice. And 4. It would give the staff a good opportunity to keep an eye on people drinking massively to excess.

Especially since there is already a bar area for soft drinks.

"

It's something they should consider for all the reasons you have given. They might find it hard to get an alcohol licence granted though.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"MESSAGE FROM ABFABS MANAGEMENT (Fab has removed their access to post on the forums)

Couldn't you do something to help your customers though?

I've no sympathy about stealing alcohol, nobody needs it but food is another matter. There are plenty with specific dietary requirements that may need to provide their own food.

I've no sympathy about stealing alcohol, nobody needs it but food is another matter. There are plenty with specific dietary requirements that may need to provide their own food. "

We are not Abfabs management but will pass your constructive comments on to them.

We agree with the food comment as M has quite severe allergies so the food we take with us is suitable for him. We haven't had this experience but have known others that have had.

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

The funniest thing about all this is that there is a few people have had this happen to them and the next visit they bring a bottle of drink which they "tamper" with (use your own imagination).

It's amazing that it hasn't stopped it happening . I'm sure the perpetrators must get very I'll sometimes.

I think the people doing the theft should think on this as I guess it's only a matter of time till it all goes too far.

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

Outside of Friday and Saturday nights we would see a "bar" area as of little use and only adding an extra expense which we would ultimately expect to be passed on to customers, to which we say no thanks.

On Friday and Saturday nights however I can see this being a useful service to offer and one that could be directly recovered from the participating patrons as these are more social and alcohol based events.

In our experience the pilfering from the fridges tends to be either by those who have not come prepared so abuse others or as a personal get back from individuals who hold grudges against individuals.

If we were drinkers of anything of value we would carry a suitable bottle lock as part of our kit, they are a sensible precaution not only to prevent theft.

This attitude is, in my opinion, a pretty poor view on customer service and in turn shows a poor level in how the club views its customers. Many other smaller clubs are able to off a bar service. And an alcohol license isn't required if it is only being served and not sold.

Doesn't that also suggest that people can tamper with your drinks?

That could turn into something nasty!

By *exy Black JenWoman  over a year ago

London/Eastbourne weekends

What is this bottle lock please???

Crawley

"What is this bottle lock please???"

It's a stopper with a combination lock on it so you can't pull it out without the code. On sale at the club and on Amazon.

This attitude is, in my opinion, a pretty poor view on customer service and in turn shows a poor level in how the club views its customers. Many other smaller clubs are able to off a bar service. And an alcohol license isn't required if it is only being served and not sold."

It's really a reflection on some pretty poor customers, it's silly to think that the club would have to go to all the bother of storing customer drinks behind a bar and handing them in and out, what a waste of time and effort!

This attitude is, in my opinion, a pretty poor view on customer service and in turn shows a poor level in how the club views its customers. Many other smaller clubs are able to off a bar service. And an alcohol license isn't required if it is only being served and not sold.

It's really a reflection on some pretty poor customers, it's silly to think that the club would have to go to all the bother of storing customer drinks behind a bar and handing them in and out, what a waste of time and effort! "

Its a poor reflection on the club in general. If this was a one off or even something that happens on rare occasions then I would agree with you but unfortunately that isn't the situation and in fact has been going on for a very long time. This being the case surely the management of the venue should take ownership of the issue and do what has been requested by the people who pay to attend. To be honest it looks like the issue for the club management in simply monetary and in turn looks like penny pinching. If I spend £20 on a bottle of bourbon then I expect that it will be only consumed by me and by those I offer it too and not by anyone who fancies it when my back is turned.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Why have abfabs had forum posting privileges removed ?

"Why have abfabs had forum posting privileges removed ?"

They have fallen out with Fab swingers. The issue has since been sorted but Fab swingers are still not allowing normal service to be resumed!

It's really a reflection on some pretty poor customers, it's silly to think that the club would have to go to all the bother of storing customer drinks behind a bar and handing them in and out, what a waste of time and effort!

Its a poor reflection on the club in general. If this was a one off or even something that happens on rare occasions then I would agree with you but unfortunately that isn't the situation and in fact has been going on for a very long time. This being the case surely the management of the venue should take ownership of the issue and do what has been requested by the people who pay to attend. To be honest it looks like the issue for the club management in simply monetary and in turn looks like penny pinching. If I spend £20 on a bottle of bourbon then I expect that it will be only consumed by me and by those I offer it too and not by anyone who fancies it when my back is turned."

If you can afford bourbon, why not buy a bottle lock?

By *exy Black JenWoman  over a year ago

London/Eastbourne weekends

Many thanks for that...who knew you could "lock a bottle of wine"....

Its a poor reflection on the club in general. If this was a one off or even something that happens on rare occasions then I would agree with you but unfortunately that isn't the situation and in fact has been going on for a very long time. This being the case surely the management of the venue should take ownership of the issue and do what has been requested by the people who pay to attend. To be honest it looks like the issue for the club management in simply monetary and in turn looks like penny pinching. If I spend £20 on a bottle of bourbon then I expect that it will be only consumed by me and by those I offer it too and not by anyone who fancies it when my back is turned.

If you can afford bourbon, why not buy a bottle lock? "

Being able to afford a bottle lock isn't the issue.

Being able to afford a bottle lock isn't the issue. "

It appears to sort the problem so can't see what the issue is!

Being able to afford a bottle lock isn't the issue.

It appears to sort the problem so can't see what the issue is! "

That's your opinion and you are welcome to it. Lol

Seems that the theft of drinks from the fridges is a big on going problem at Abfabs, where as does this sort of thing happen at Eureka where people openly leave their drink on the tables?

I guess it speaks volumes as to what sort of scummy clientele one place attracts, that people are bold and brazen enough to steal something as pathetic as a drink from the fridge.

Abfabs is one of the more expensive of clubs to attend but it is a rarity in the fact that it doesnt have a bar person (or a main social area) unlike most other clubs, it does make you wonder about the security against unscrupulous people who might even stoop so low as to tamper with drinks or other people's property.

Will it take a report of drinks being spiked for the management to even look as though they are dealing this matter with any kind of seriousness?

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I haven't visited so can only go on what others have commented so far on the thread.

If the club has a bar for customers to buy soft drinks it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to put a fridge behind the bar for people's alcoholic drinks.

I've visited 3 clubs so far, none of which has an alcohol license and all operate a bring your own booze policy.

All 3 clubs have a bar where you can buy soft drinks. They have additional fridges behind the bar to store people's booze. They label everything and if they think someone is too pissed they refuse to give them any more drink and keep it safe until they leave the club.

One of the clubs I've visited, Cupids, serve your drinks to you using a proper pub measure and you can have a single or double. They won't allow you to just pour half a glass of vodka out and top up with a tiny splash of mixer. A great idea in my opinion. I hate seeing people the worse for drink and there is definitely no place for it in swingers clubs.

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

I wonder if more drinks go missing on Friday nights than Saturday nights...

* points fingers at single men *

The bar that everyone is referring to is not a proper bar, it is more of a sideboard unit with a self service free of charge soft drinks pump and a water pump. If you attend the club then you will know what it is.

Management are aware of this issue and if reported to staff or management themselves then they can monitor it.

Comments on here will be passed to them as they unfairly can't comment openly on the forum as FAB has revoked their access and will not reinatate it so they can't reply to those people having a pop at the club and management.

"The bar that everyone is referring to is not a proper bar, it is more of a sideboard unit with a self service free of charge soft drinks pump and a water pump. If you attend the club then you will know what it is.

Management are aware of this issue and if reported to staff or management themselves then they can monitor it.

Comments on here will be passed to them as they unfairly can't comment openly on the forum as FAB has revoked their access and will not reinatate it so they can't reply to those people having a pop at the club and management."

I have attended on many occasions and know exactly what is and isn't there.

I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing up the matter of people being banned from the forums, the owners of this site reserve the right to limit access as they see fit and I'm pretty sure the owners of Abfabs reserves similar rights to there club. Also, I don't feel that using terms like "having a pop at" are at all constructive, in fact they are quite the opposite. Of course we have to bare in mind that you yourself have a vested interest in the venue which makes your views somewhat, if not completely biased. All that people are asking is that the management provide a bar person so there drinks don't get stolen. This isn't a big ask and i don't see how the staff can monitor who is taking whos drinks out of the fridge?

"The bar that everyone is referring to is not a proper bar, it is more of a sideboard unit with a self service free of charge soft drinks pump and a water pump. If you attend the club then you will know what it is.

Comments on here will be passed to them as they unfairly can't comment openly on the forum as FAB has revoked their access and will not reinatate it so they can't reply to those people having a pop at the club and management.

I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing up the matter of people being banned from the forums, the owners of this site reserve the right to limit access as they see fit and I'm pretty sure the owners of Abfabs reserves similar rights to there club. Also, I don't feel that using terms like "having a pop at" are at all constructive, in fact they are quite the opposite. Of course we have to bare in mind that you yourself have a vested interest in the venue which makes your views somewhat, if not completely biased. All that people are asking is that the management provide a bar person so there drinks don't get stolen. This isn't a big ask and i don't see how the staff can monitor who is taking whos drinks out of the fridge?"

We have no vested interest in the club at all, what makes you think that?? We are purely members just the same as you, we want the club to survive and go from strength to strength.

I am purely pointing out that the management have no access to reply to your comments so the negative and criticising comments are only making things looks worse than perhaps they actually are.

I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing up the matter of people being banned from the forums, the owners of this site reserve the right to limit access as they see fit and I'm pretty sure the owners of Abfabs reserves similar rights to there club. Also, I don't feel that using terms like "having a pop at" are at all constructive, in fact they are quite the opposite. Of course we have to bare in mind that you yourself have a vested interest in the venue which makes your views somewhat, if not completely biased. All that people are asking is that the management provide a bar person so there drinks don't get stolen. This isn't a big ask and i don't see how the staff can monitor who is taking whos drinks out of the fridge?

We have no vested interest in the club at all, what makes you think that?? We are purely members just the same as you, we want the club to survive and go from strength to strength.

I am purely pointing out that the management have no access to reply to your comments so the negative and criticising comments are only making things looks worse than perhaps they actually are."

I would suggest that your involvement in HDZ which is held at the club, gives you an interest. I don't feel like I've been at all negative. All I am doing, in a very reasoned way,is state the truth and suggest a constructive way in which the issue around drinks being stolen can be resolved. I do understand your need to defend but this won't solve the problem and neither will the monitoring, whatever that is, of the fridge.

"*edited for shortness*

I am purely pointing out that the management have no access to reply to your comments so the negative and criticising comments are only making things looks worse than perhaps they actually are.

I would suggest that your involvement in HDZ which is held at the club, gives you an interest. I don't feel like I've been at all negative. All I am doing, in a very reasoned way,is state the truth and suggest a constructive way in which the issue around drinks being stolen can be resolved. I do understand your need to defend but this won't solve the problem and neither will the monitoring, whatever that is, of the fridge."

Yes M volunteers at HDZ for his own interest in a quality BDSM night.....I have no involvement in the club at all other than being a member. How does this constitue us having a vested interest in the club?

The comments about having a bar person have been passed on to management and I have absolutely no influence in what they do with that information!

so let me understand this.... theft is rife at the club and the management answer is buy a bottle lock.what a piss poor way to treat paying customers and as for the club growing in strength, with an attitude like theirs i would expect nothing more than it withers and dies.

Perhaps people should involve police every time there's a theft and see how long it stays open then.

[Removed by poster at 04/09/17 23:35:05]

One problem is the fact that Abfabs has two separate areas with fridges, one in the house in the much underused dancefloor area and another in the cabin where the tea and coffee facilities are.

The reason for this arrangement is due to how the main house is closed off during the day when the business is open as "Kestrels" so the unmonitored refreshment hut is the only place with access to any fridges which in turn leaves belongings open to the "temptations" of the less honest members of the swinging community.

I'm quite surprised that someone hasn't come to blows with one of these thieves when catching them dipping into drinks that are not rightly theirs.

Sadly, moving the fridges into a more secure location is not exactly an easy task so the easiest solution is to use one of these bottle locks. Although, I too didn't know that such a device existed before reading about them on this forum.

The bottom line here is money. The owners don't want to pay someone to be the bar person. It really is that simple.

"so let me understand this.... theft is rife at the club and the management answer is buy a bottle lock.what a piss poor way to treat paying customers and as for the club growing in strength, with an attitude like theirs i would expect nothing more than it withers and dies.

Perhaps people should involve police every time there's a theft and see how long it stays open then."

We have never had any drinks taken, so to say theft is rife seems a bit over the top!

"The bottom line here is money. The owners don't want to pay someone to be the bar person. It really is that simple."

And if you pay someone to be the bar person, who pays for that? We do as the admission price would have to go up to pay for it!

"The bottom line here is money. The owners don't want to pay someone to be the bar person. It really is that simple.

And if you pay someone to be the bar person, who pays for that? We do as the admission price would have to go up to pay for it! "

Well, you get what you pay for. I'm pretty sure the club can afford to pay to provide a quality service and to ensure there customers drinks are kept safe. Other clubs do it and they charge less than abfabs do for admission.

"

Well, you get what you pay for. I'm pretty sure the club can afford to pay to provide a quality service and to ensure there customers drinks are kept safe. Other clubs do it and they charge less than abfabs do for admission."

To be fair to Abfabs, as expensive the admission fees are, you do get a more facilities for your money than a lot of other clubs.

But then, would their overheads really be that much, seeing as it's right under the airport's fly path?

I don't really drink if I go due to driving but it does worry me that people feel the need to steal drinks or mess with open bottles in the fridges. However, I do find that a few of the single guys on a Friday can sometimes lead a lot to be desired when it comes to their behaviour or attitude to others who are at the club. Could it be the high rate on the door gives these arseholes a sense of entitlement that might even go beyond helping themselves to the odd bottle in the fridge.

Are these scumbags really the kind of people that you really want to have a sexual encounter with?

"

Well, you get what you pay for. I'm pretty sure the club can afford to pay to provide a quality service and to ensure there customers drinks are kept safe. Other clubs do it and they charge less than abfabs do for admission.

To be fair to Abfabs, as expensive the admission fees are, you do get a more facilities for your money than a lot of other clubs.

But then, would their overheads really be that much, seeing as it's right under the airport's fly path?

I don't really drink if I go due to driving but it does worry me that people feel the need to steal drinks or mess with open bottles in the fridges. However, I do find that a few of the single guys on a Friday can sometimes lead a lot to be desired when it comes to their behaviour or attitude to others who are at the club. Could it be the high rate on the door gives these arseholes a sense of entitlement that might even go beyond helping themselves to the odd bottle in the fridge.

Are these scumbags really the kind of people that you really want to have a sexual encounter with?"

Who they let in is a complete can of worms and I'm not going to get into that here lol

To Be fair most people will put spurts in their locker to be safe and a bottle lock is cheap. I've only had one of my drinks taken in the 6 years I've been attending. Most people are responsible and respectful but you always get the odd one who takes peoples drinks. If they get caught they are normally kicked out.

Being that abfabs are one of the only venues that offer free soft drinks a bar drinks service would meet the soft drinks would end up becoming charged for.

I have to say the bottle locks seem to be a good deterrent so far.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Having read this thread, and looked at their website I can safely say that this club will stay off our list of clubs to try

We always take wine and have never had it taken from the fridge ( maybe ours is too cheap ) there is plenty of ice to chill your wine and lockers are big enough anyone avoiding the club over this issue is missing a great club with great members and staff in spotless condition

Is this another example of management maximising profits, knowing thay the club will close or scale down soon due to its ongoing planning problems..every penny saved etc

Canford Cliffs

"Is this another example of management maximising profits, knowing thay the club will close or scale down soon due to its ongoing planning problems..every penny saved etc

."

Not really. They've never had a bar service - saving pennies implies that they used to have one and they've withdrawn it to save costs.

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

"Is this another example of management maximising profits, knowing thay the club will close or scale down soon due to its ongoing planning problems..every penny saved etc

Not really. They've never had a bar service - saving pennies implies that they used to have one and they've withdrawn it to save costs. "

No, if they are not going to spend money on staff behind a bar, then they are saving money and hence maximizing profits

By *emel9Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

"We always take wine and have never had it taken from the fridge ( maybe ours is too cheap ) there is plenty of ice to chill your wine and lockers are big enough anyone avoiding the club over this issue is missing a great club with great members and staff in spotless condition "

"We always take wine and have never had it taken from the fridge ( maybe ours is too cheap ) there is plenty of ice to chill your wine and lockers are big enough anyone avoiding the club over this issue is missing a great club with great members and staff in spotless condition "

The lockers definitely are not big enough to stand a bottle up in. If anything the lockers are of the smaller size and can barely accommodate one persons clothing.

Theft of any sort gets me very annoyed, and catching the bastards doing it..... well. Nuff said.

"Having read this thread, and looked at their website I can safely say that this club will stay off our list of clubs to try"

You are then missing out on a great club. Some of the comments on here have been out of all proportion. I can only reiterate that we have never had any problems with our bottles, whilst not disputing that others may have.

Bedworth

"Having read this thread, and looked at their website I can safely say that this club will stay off our list of clubs to try

You are then missing out on a great club. Some of the comments on here have been out of all proportion. I can only reiterate that we have never had any problems with our bottles, whilst not disputing that others may have. "

If the website were more enticing and professional we may feel differently and give it a go but from what we saw on there, it's not for us.

So because you have never had a problem there isnt a problem with theft. You seem to be missing the whole point that theft is unacceptable at any club and if made aware the club should be more proactive in dealing with the issue.not just selling you a bottle lock

"Having read this thread, and looked at their website I can safely say that this club will stay off our list of clubs to try

You are then missing out on a great club. Some of the comments on here have been out of all proportion. I can only reiterate that we have never had any problems with our bottles, whilst not disputing that others may have.

If the website were more enticing and professional we may feel differently and give it a go but from what we saw on there, it's not for us.

"

Completely agree about the website. It's definitely poor and always has been. Doesn't function properly on most smart phones either.

"

Abfabs is a great club with almost every facility that you could want but it has this ongoing problem with theft and seems to attract a few undesirables from time to time. That could be due to it's close proximity to London but then is it really that hard for a single male to make the effort to actually talk to a couple or a single female or are some people so dumb that they think by creeping around mastrbating and staring vaguely at people will get you invited into a play situation?

You have to wonder what goes through the heads of these people as to why they choose to act in such a way?

Bedworth

Completely agree about the website. It's definitely poor and always has been. Doesn't function properly on most smart phones either."

Doesn't function any better on a laptop either!

We love trying new clubs and between us (as a couple and as singles before we met) have visited many all over the country. All have been great fun and we've had a fabulous time. However, we are very selective and always check out the website and reviews before making the decision to go. There have been a few clubs that we've decided are not for us. One of these clubs has changed drastically since I decided it wasn't for me as a single lady a few years ago. After hearing great things about it we gave it a chance and it's now one of our favourites.

If the issues mentioned in this thread are addressed there is nothing stopping abfabs from turning things around too

West Midlands

I'd agree that theft is totally unacceptable and I am sure there are many things that can be done to reduce it.

This club decides not to have a bar, as many do, and I know places like Chams handle things in a different way to Kestrels and AbFabs.

Also remember that this club has been fighting various things and adding an alcohol license would not be sensible for them.

Handling people's drinks for them does put more pressure on the staff, in terms of responsibility, and I can understand why they also don't want to do that.

Some perspective here would be that 1000's probably use this club a month, as Kestrels/AbFabs, and reports of this nature seem, to me, to be very rare indeed.

Let's not forget that it's the scum that steel we should be most annoyed about, not the club.

I tend to only use Kestrels, but this is a fabulous club, with great staff and fun visitors. It would be a shame for someone to miss out just because of a few bad apples and a not great website.

The reviews, that used to sit on this site, would of demonstrated just what a great clubs these are. It's just a shame they have been removed.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

"I'd agree that theft is totally unacceptable and I am sure there are many things that can be done to reduce it.

This club decides not to have a bar, as many do, and I know places like Chams handle things in a different way to Kestrels and AbFabs.

Also remember that this club has been fighting various things and adding an alcohol license would not be sensible for them.

Handling people's drinks for them does put more pressure on the staff, in terms of responsibility, and I can understand why they also don't want to do that.

Some perspective here would be that 1000's probably use this club a month, as Kestrels/AbFabs, and reports of this nature seem, to me, to be very rare indeed.

Let's not forget that it's the scum that steel we should be most annoyed about, not the club.

I tend to only use Kestrels, but this is a fabulous club, with great staff and fun visitors. It would be a shame for someone to miss out just because of a few bad apples and a not great website.

The reviews, that used to sit on this site, would of demonstrated just what a great clubs these are. It's just a shame they have been removed."

By *ants_Nerdy_CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Havant

I'm perfectly happy with the arrangement as it is. I can pop to the fridge, quickly grab some of our booze and grab a soft drink, no queuing, no waiting. We've never had our drink snaffled. I think the bottle lock suggestion is totally reasonable. I'd much rather that than lose the access to free soft drink and have to queue for someone to serve my own booze back to me.

There may be a problem with booze being pinched but it's certainly not endemic if our own experience is anything to go by.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Take 2 bottles next time. One for you in the locker the other with a laxative for the sneaky drink stealers.

West Midlands

"Take 2 bottles next time. One for you in the locker the other with a laxative for the sneaky drink stealers.

"

Genius

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"Take 2 bottles next time. One for you in the locker the other with a laxative for the sneaky drink stealers.

Genius"

Unless you end up playing with said theives and it is a slow acting laxative.

By *ockandkeyCouple  over a year ago

Aylesbury

We put our drinks in a clear water bottle with no labels. People seem to not take any if they do not know what's inside, this seemed to stop anyone nicking our drinks.

I think that abfab/kestrels is a great club and we will using our lifetime membership as much as possible.

"We put our drinks in a clear water bottle with no labels. People seem to not take any if they do not know what's inside, this seemed to stop anyone nicking our drinks.

I think that abfab/kestrels is a great club and we will using our lifetime membership as much as possible. "

That does work wonders and many people do that.

To employ someone to stand by the fridge & make sure guests access their own drinks costs what? 50p extra per person? £1 max?

If I went there, I'd happily pay £1 extra so I know my drinks are safe & I'm not going to get assaulted whist under the influence of a tampered drink!

West Midlands

"To employ someone to stand by the fridge & make sure guests access their own drinks costs what? 50p extra per person? £1 max?

If I went there, I'd happily pay £1 extra so I know my drinks are safe & I'm not going to get assaulted whist under the influence of a tampered drink! "

Fridges though..multiple ones, in different locations. Plus you'd need a mechanism to prove you were the owner of said drink.

Chams has a way of doing that but the staff clearly get busy popping drinks in and out, and clients were getting a bit frustrated waiting at times, to get their own drinks back.

West Midlands

"To employ someone to stand by the fridge & make sure guests access their own drinks costs what? 50p extra per person? £1 max?

If I went there, I'd happily pay £1 extra so I know my drinks are safe & I'm not going to get assaulted whist under the influence of a tampered drink!

Fridges though..multiple ones, in different locations. Plus you'd need a mechanism to prove you were the owner of said drink.

Chams has a way of doing that but the staff clearly get busy popping drinks in and out, and clients were getting a bit frustrated waiting at times, to get their own drinks back."

I also don't think anyone is suggesting drinks have ever been spiked there...just nicked.

Bedworth

Chams has a way of doing that but the staff clearly get busy popping drinks in and out, and clients were getting a bit frustrated waiting at times, to get their own drinks back.

I also don't think anyone is suggesting drinks have ever been spiked there...just nicked."

No one is suggesting that drinks are getting spiked. But, if anyone can access them unchallenged, then there is a very real risk of it happening.

West Midlands

I also don't think anyone is suggesting drinks have ever been spiked there...just nicked.

No one is suggesting that drinks are getting spiked. But, if anyone can access them unchallenged, then there is a very real risk of it happening. "

And in ANY environment where drinks are in open glasses/cups someone could drop something in, doesn't have to be a club.

This is how a problem of some drinks being nicked, which is disgusting I agree, gets escalated to something that isn't happening and people start panicking.

If a member of any club is stupid enough, or desperate enough, to want to spike drinks...they will...

I just think it is a shame to miss out on a great club because of such things...but as with everything in life we all have a choice, go don't go... all cool.

What I will say is, and this is my final word in this thread, as it's going nowhere..

As someone who goes to Kestrels a lot I feel I'm actually in a position where I can comment as I always take food and drink. Have done for 6 years now, and have never had an issue...and I'm often there twice a week...I'm not saying this isn't a problem as it's clearly happened, but again I refer back to my previous point about things being in perspective.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"Hi,

We had the same thing happen to us.

Complained about it, got not much more than a shrug of the shoulders in return.

That, coupled with there being obviously single men in on a Saturday night, put us off going about 3 years ago now.

We used to go every month.

We now go elsewhere for our fun.

By *eepster69Man  over a year ago

Dumfries

I'm assuming these thefts are reported to the management. They should be able to note dates and times it is happening along with who was in the club at the time. It should be fairly easy to narrow it down to a few likely candidates that way.

The staff could then know who to watch for.

milton keynes and kent

How come this thread is so long and not been ended.

??????????????

Just saying.

Dumfries

"How come this thread is so long and not been ended.

??????????????

Just saying. "

I've seen longer!

"I'm assuming these thefts are reported to the management. They should be able to note dates and times it is happening along with who was in the club at the time. It should be fairly easy to narrow it down to a few likely candidates that way.

The staff could then know who to watch for. "

You can't just go pointing the finger at people just because they happen to be there at the time. The only way is if the person is caught in the act. It only takes a few seconds to pour a drink or pick up a can/bottle of something. This whole situation would be resolved if a bar person was in place. Its an easy solution to an ongoing problem. Most businesses what to remove problems as it makes for a better customer experience and in turn leads to repeat business. It would appears that abfabs don't take this view.

London

"How come this thread is so long and not been ended.

??????????????

Just saying. "

Thread stop around the 175 mark, this is only up to about 80. Why are you asking?

Dumfries

"I'm assuming these thefts are reported to the management. They should be able to note dates and times it is happening along with who was in the club at the time. It should be fairly easy to narrow it down to a few likely candidates that way.

The staff could then know who to watch for.

You can't just go pointing the finger at people just because they happen to be there at the time. The only way is if the person is caught in the act. It only takes a few seconds to pour a drink or pick up a can/bottle of something. This whole situation would be resolved if a bar person was in place. Its an easy solution to an ongoing problem. Most businesses what to remove problems as it makes for a better customer experience and in turn leads to repeat business. It would appears that abfabs don't take this view. "

I'm not suggesting you challenge people without any proof. What I said is there is likely to have been a limited amount of people who have been there when drinks have been taken.

The staff could then keep a quiet eye on them. If found at somebody elses bottle, ban them and inform other clubs of their actions.

By *ancing-GuyMan  over a year ago

lancing

Next time , bring a bottle & collectively pee in it

At least them stealing it will make u smile

[Removed by poster at 05/09/17 16:10:47]

Crawley

To be honest, I'm in agreement with those mentioning the bottle lock, they're only a few quid online and would resolve the theft and spiking issues, a far cheaper, simpler solution than employing bar staff.

Also can people please stop making comments about leaving tampered drinks in the fridge for the theives, no one wants to be in a pool or jacuzzi with someone who suddenly starts vomiting or crapping themselves.

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

I've had no problems at all in that club x

We have had lots of drinks taken there over the years and have had our bottles stolen a few times too and the staff don't care tbh

St Neots

I wonder how many are actually there right at the BACK of he fridge???? Perhaps looking a little better might be in order

"To be honest, I'm in agreement with those mentioning the bottle lock, they're only a few quid online and would resolve the theft and spiking issues, a far cheaper, simpler solution than employing bar staff.

Also can people please stop making comments about leaving tampered drinks in the fridge for the theives, no one wants to be in a pool or jacuzzi with someone who suddenly starts vomiting or crapping themselves. "

It's ok buying bottles locks but we have had the bottles taken as well as the content and if people use the club regularly they either drink horrible drinks or telling porkys about drinks going missing because every one of our friends who use the club have had there drinks taken at some point and we only ever go on a Saturday night

We have had drinks stolen on a few occasions over the years. We were members for 12 years, pretty much since it opened, but not anymore. We no longer attend and never will after being refused entry for M wearing the wrong type of shirt. Abfabs was a great club but its changed and not for the better. There was a time when we would recommend the club to anyone but those days have gone.

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

"..

every one of our friends who use the club have had there drinks taken at some point and we only ever go on a Saturday night "

Well we never go on a Saturday night and have never had a drink stolen, perhaps there is an inference to be drawn there....

"..

every one of our friends who use the club have had there drinks taken at some point and we only ever go on a Saturday night

Well we never go on a Saturday night and have never had a drink stolen, perhaps there is an inference to be drawn there...."

I fail to see how the day of the week has any bearing on this?

It hasn't but one post said about single males so I said we go Saturday nights so it's not the single males

"It hasn't but one post said about single males so I said we go Saturday nights so it's not the single males"

That comment wasn't aimed at you. I personally don't think the day of the week has anything to do with it. The situation in caused by the club not dealing with it not the day of the week people attend.

"It hasn't but one post said about single males so I said we go Saturday nights so it's not the single males

That comment wasn't aimed at you. I personally don't think the day of the week has anything to do with it. The situation in caused by the club not dealing with it not the day of the week people attend."

If I went there, I'd happily pay £1 extra so I know my drinks are safe & I'm not going to get assaulted whist under the influence of a tampered drink! "

I would happily pay extra if it meant someone standing there or a form of bar. The bar at Hellfire works well, they get your own drink and it is served promptly. I had a great time at Abfabs, but this certainly spoiled it and I know the other couple felt exactly the same.

By *obin_and_marionMan  over a year ago

Beaconsfield

"Hi,

Never happened to us

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"It hasn't but one post said about single males so I said we go Saturday nights so it's not the single males"

We put that post. ..and we only ever went on Saturday nights.

Is Abfabs definitely still open (sat 16th) heard reports that it had shut?

"Is Abfabs definitely still open (sat 16th) heard reports that it had shut? "

It would appear it is still open. But it sounds like they have turned it in to the uk version of Fort Knox!

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Whilst last time I had went to abfabs I thought I had drink taken. I couldn't be sure so didn't say anything and just shrugged it off. Also had spent less than 10 pounds so meh

I have been a member for 10 or so years, I only go occasional nowadays

I do however find the lack of a bar staff to look after my drinks strange. The reason being other clubs cupids, amours, chams, cjs have someone serve drinks so at least you would have some confidence that they haven't been either taken or tampered with

Also this would help ensuring less d*unk people, as the club could semi monitor and say no sorry no more booze. I am not saying it has a problem with d*unk people but it is a good preventative measure

Also if I was attending as a single female, I would be a lot happier that my drink was not being tempered with,in terms of people putting stuff in drinks

Also the last time I went to put a bottle in locker I was told clearly I had to decanter to fridge for health and safety and it was not allowed in the locker. (Rudely I might add but that complaint was raised at the time)

Also if a club told me to bring my own bottle lock I would be pretty pissed off at that comment. Whoever put that has clearly no engagement with customers, I would have expected the club as a minimum to say thank you for complaint, we are monitoring the situation and we are looking at ways to resolve.

Thanks guys for the info. Someone said they turned up to Kestrels the other day and it was all barb wire and closed down.

Kestrels/abfab is still open for business. The fences are only temporary until the new one is put up.

By *ockandkeyCouple  over a year ago

Aylesbury

We were there a couple of weeks ago, no drink was taken on that occasion. But we did suggest that they could hire out the bottle locks. take a deposit, say £10 and a couple of quid for the hire. Return bottle lock at the end of the night and get said deposit back!!

I've no sympathy about stealing alcohol, nobody needs it but food is another matter. There are plenty with specific dietary requirements that may need to provide their own food.

We are not Abfabs management but will pass your constructive comments on to them.

We agree with the food comment as M has quite severe allergies so the food we take with us is suitable for him. We haven't had this experience but have known others that have had."

Also what if some undesirable thought it'd be fun to spike someone's food or drink? Surely a staffed area would be welcome?

Canford Cliffs

"Thanks guys for the info. Someone said they turned up to Kestrels the other day and it was all barb wire and closed down."

Here is a perfect exaggeration via Chinese whispers - barbed wire? Its metal fencing.

St Neots

Lol the word lemmings come to mind.....why not ring rather than presume the situation ......

"Lol the word lemmings come to mind.....why not ring rather than presume the situation ...... "

Are you a member of the AFDL (abfabs defence league)?

"Thanks guys for the info. Someone said they turned up to Kestrels the other day and it was all barb wire and closed down.

Here is a perfect exaggeration via Chinese whispers - barbed wire? Its metal fencing. "

It is an exaggeration but to be honest Kestrels could make the entrance a bit more welcoming and a large we are open sign wouldnt go amiss.

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

"Thanks guys for the info. Someone said they turned up to Kestrels the other day and it was all barb wire and closed down.

Here is a perfect exaggeration via Chinese whispers - barbed wire? Its metal fencing.

It is an exaggeration but to be honest Kestrels could make the entrance a bit more welcoming and a large we are open sign wouldnt go amiss. "

They have one. written in nice friendly letters just as you drive in.

I guess I've been lucky I've never had any problems with my drink and I have been attending AbFab's and kestrels For years and made fantastic friends . I just looked online and the bottle locks are only a couple of quid on Amazon

By *rattyPrincessWoman  over a year ago

hemel hempstead

Never had any issues with drinks, been few times always clean and tidy. Very friendly staff. Wish the negative nellies would stop going on about shit. So what u don't like the club, don't bloody go then!!! Just stop bitching and trying to goad people into a pointless row. Getting like a playground in here

"Never had any issues with drinks, been few times always clean and tidy. Very friendly staff. Wish the negative nellies would stop going on about shit. So what u don't like the club, don't bloody go then!!! Just stop bitching and trying to goad people into a pointless row. Getting like a playground in here"

Yes I think we should all post non provocative posts like the above and stop "going on about shit" lol. You sound like one of the reasons we can't stand the place !

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

I've no sympathy about stealing alcohol, nobody needs it but food is another matter. There are plenty with specific dietary requirements that may need to provide their own food. "

Never likely to visit this club due to location and even less likely now. I think the people thus far in the thread have been very nice towards the management. If they have an ongoing theft problem, surely they have a responsibility to get this sorted

Bit flippant to say you bring your drinks at your own risk. If the club has a facility (as I've seen with other clubs) for storing drinks, then it's only the clubs staff or management with access to this??

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

The wife and I have been going, often with friends, for three years. No issues at all. Theft is certainly not 'rife'.

"Never had any issues with drinks, been few times always clean and tidy. Very friendly staff. Wish the negative nellies would stop going on about shit. So what u don't like the club, don't bloody go then!!! Just stop bitching and trying to goad people into a pointless row. Getting like a playground in here"

This is a public forum. People are allowed to express opinions

Thats kinda the point

Lol

^ corrected, I read after I posted that everyone has access to the fridges where drinks are stored.

Even a small club close to us, have their staff manage this.. the club does have staff I assume ???

The bottle lock is a cop out for the club not taking responsibility. My god, you have a long term theft issue which is blighting your reputation and your answer is to sell your honest customers a lock. If you can't be arsed to catch the thief, then at least provide that facility free. Cheeky or what

By *oredShitlessxxxCouple  over a year ago

luton

Ooops we was going to make this our next club visit.

If i can figure out how to keep my beers safe? We may still do so?

As mentioned, I place no loss on the management, just feel a bar is a much safer option, many other have expressed it happened to them and that cannot be fair or good.

The club and staff are wonderful, but it did sour the experience"

Shame, that kind of thing would take the edge off of a good night, never been but we did consider going but having read this we are thinking it's not for us, thanks for the heads up xx

Crawley

Don't let a few whingers put you off, it's a good club with good facilities and a great clientèle. Give it a try before writing it off just cos some moaners with nothing better to do have it in for the place.

Oh, you mean the drinks in the fridge aren't there for everyone to have?

Whoops, my bad

London

For those of you put off because you may get your drinks stolen, why not just go and not take alcohol. It's not like you need it.

"For those of you put off because you may get your drinks stolen, why not just go and not take alcohol. It's not like you need it. "

What a stupid thing to say

"For those of you put off because you may get your drinks stolen, why not just go and not take alcohol. It's not like you need it. "

I agree but some people obviously feel the need for a drink to have fun. I've seen many incidents where alcohol and hot Jacuzzi haven't mixed well!

Each to their own

London

"For those of you put off because you may get your drinks stolen, why not just go and not take alcohol. It's not like you need it.

What a stupid thing to say "

Why is it stupid? Why does alcohol have to be in the equation?

London

"For those of you put off because you may get your drinks stolen, why not just go and not take alcohol. It's not like you need it.

I agree but some people obviously feel the need for a drink to have fun. I've seen many incidents where alcohol and hot Jacuzzi haven't mixed well!

Each to their own "

I tend to avoid people who need to drink in order to do something.

"The wife and I have been going, often with friends, for three years. No issues at all. Theft is certainly not 'rife'."

Completely agree with this statement!

Why is it stupid? Why does alcohol have to be in the equation?"

You know, not everyone who likes a glass or two of wine or beer or any alcohol is a raging alcoholic

I didn't like it because it was cliquey, nothing to do with drinks. Too many peacocks too strutting about

...Agreed...plenty of other times to drink ( pub/etc)...one night off will not hurt...in fact it better for your health and sexual performance not to lol

"For those of you put off because you may get your drinks stolen, why not just go and not take alcohol. It's not like you need it. ...Agreed...plenty of other times to drink ( pub/etc)...one night off will not hurt...in fact it better for your health and sexual performance not to lol"

You're assuming everyone goes with the sole intention of having sex. It's actually a place people go to socialise with others, to catch up with friends. If this is over a few alcoholic drinks, who's business is it?

It's my business to express my opinion in this forum...I'm perfectly entitled too....

"It's my business to express my opinion in this forum...I'm perfectly entitled too.... "

I never said you couldn't express your opinion

"It's my business to express my opinion in this forum...I'm perfectly entitled too....

I never said you couldn't express your opinion "

...well you must enjoy all the marauding beer goggled guys ...carry on ..

Hi Topsy..

It's not the fact people are stealing alcohol that is putting some people off like ourselves, it's just scummy behaviour that's all and and we aren't tarring everyone with the same brush but it says a lot about "some" of the people that go there that's all, nothing to do with the need for drink more to do with making an evening out of it and being able to chill out, but with that kind of behaviour doesn't lend itself to a relaxing environment that's all xx

"It's my business to express my opinion in this forum...I'm perfectly entitled too....

I never said you couldn't express your opinion ...well you must enjoy all the marauding beer goggled guys ...carry on .. "

Have you ever been to Kestrels or Abfabs?

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Most clubs don't have an alcohol licence but still run a bar. They serve customers their own labelled alcohol and sell soft drinks.

We might spend £10 a night on soft drinks doing that. Surely dozens of customers doing that would more than cover a staff cost? Not to mention the focal point a bar gives and the customer service aspect.

Why don't people just leave their bottles in their lockers?

London

Why is it stupid? Why does alcohol have to be in the equation?

You know, not everyone who likes a glass or two of wine or beer or any alcohol is a raging alcoholic

"

I didn't say they were but if it's a problem at that club and people don't want to go because of it, why not go and not drink?

London

Hi Topsy..

It's not the fact people are stealing alcohol that is putting some people off like ourselves, it's just scummy behaviour that's all and and we aren't tarring everyone with the same brush but it says a lot about "some" of the people that go there that's all, nothing to do with the need for drink more to do with making an evening out of it and being able to chill out, but with that kind of behaviour doesn't lend itself to a relaxing environment that's all xx"

I absolutely get where you are coming from but scummy behaviour, if not stealing food and alcohol, is there in other forms in all clubs.

By *rattyPrincessWoman  over a year ago

hemel hempstead

"Never had any issues with drinks, been few times always clean and tidy. Very friendly staff. Wish the negative nellies would stop going on about shit. So what u don't like the club, don't bloody go then!!! Just stop bitching and trying to goad people into a pointless row. Getting like a playground in here

Yes I think we should all post non provocative posts like the above and stop "going on about shit" lol. You sound like one of the reasons we can't stand the place ! "

Oh I'm sorry should I join in the moaning and bitching instead? Cos it makes such an enjoyment to read.

It's probably more of the fact there are thieves at the club and there doesn't seem to be measures to prevent it happening.

A x

Even though I wouldn't take alcohol, the gact that this problem has gone on for years is what puts me off AbFabs. I don't want to be in a club with the sort of people that feel stealing other people's drink is okay and I don;t want to go to a club run by people who have refused for years to tackle the behavior.

Neither make for a particularly safe environement in my opinion

London

Even though I wouldn't take alcohol, the gact that this problem has gone on for years is what puts me off AbFabs. I don't want to be in a club with the sort of people that feel stealing other people's drink is okay and I don;t want to go to a club run by people who have refused for years to tackle the behavior.

Neither make for a particularly safe environement in my opinion "

I utterly agree with you BM.

By *iberatedPairCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

That respondse really wouldn't encourage us to want to attend. I think we will give this place a miss

"Don't let a few whingers put you off, it's a good club with good facilities and a great clientèle. Give it a try before writing it off just cos some moaners with nothing better to do have it in for the place. "

Whingers and moaners

very odd that theft appears to be really trivialised by a few

That respondse really wouldn't encourage us to want to attend. I think we will give this place a miss "

It seems odd that they can't post on the forum themselves. Can Admin say why?

That respondse really wouldn't encourage us to want to attend. I think we will give this place a miss

It seems odd that they can't post on the forum themselves. Can Admin say why?"

They've been removed from the club listing too

milton keynes and kent

I bet you if you counted the amount of visitors compared to the amount of drink theft you'd find it's only a small proportion. I guess i am biased by being part of the abfab/kestrel appreciation league. (Not a real league i should add) But only because of the fantastic facilities on offer which i am struggling to find elsewhere and i do try hard.

Just a thought......how about someone starting the abfab/kestrels appreciation league lol

Hi Topsy..

It's not the fact people are stealing alcohol that is putting some people off like ourselves, it's just scummy behaviour that's all and and we aren't tarring everyone with the same brush but it says a lot about "some" of the people that go there that's all, nothing to do with the need for drink more to do with making an evening out of it and being able to chill out, but with that kind of behaviour doesn't lend itself to a relaxing environment that's all xx

I absolutely get where you are coming from but scummy behaviour, if not stealing food and alcohol, is there in other forms in all clubs."

Which is why they don't appeal to me.

London

Hi Topsy..

I absolutely get where you are coming from but scummy behaviour, if not stealing food and alcohol, is there in other forms in all clubs.

Which is why they don't appeal to me."

Do you avoid going everywhere!? Scummy behaviour is standard in our world and it is everywhere.

I've been to many, many clubs over the years and I can say that the rougher the club, the more unacceptable behaviour there is, just like all walks of life.

"Neither make for a particularly safe environement in my opinion "

Well I personally think this is one of the safest clubs....I am more than happy to be here on my own during the day or evening either with or without having had alcohol as a single lady or with my OH.

Miss N x

By *aptain VMan  over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

I had sandwiches and drinks nicked one time

"I had sandwiches and drinks nicked one time "

Next time, could I have cheese and pickle sandwiches please

"Neither make for a particularly safe environement in my opinion

Well I personally think this is one of the safest clubs....I am more than happy to be here on my own during the day or evening either with or without having had alcohol as a single lady or with my OH.

Miss N x "

If I could drive, I wouldn't hesitate to visit Kestrels on my own. I have never felt unsafe, and I have never had any food or drink taken either. It's a very clean club with very friendly people who go regularly.

milton keynes and kent

There is another way of looking at this.......

Do these other clubs not trust any of thier customers because abfabs/kestrels can trust many many many of us and i for one feel proud that i am trusted.

Crawley

"Don't let a few whingers put you off, it's a good club with good facilities and a great clientèle. Give it a try before writing it off just cos some moaners with nothing better to do have it in for the place.

Whingers and moaners

very odd that theft appears to be really trivialised by a few "

To be honest, I would call the theft of a few packs of biscuits and a bottle of wine pretty trivial. If I walked out at the end of the day and my car was gone, then I'd take it seriously. There are plenty of vanilla venues that have issues with pick pockets, etc, I don't know why Kestrels should be under more pressure to resolve this than any pub, club, music festival, shopping mall, theme park, etc.

Birstall, Leicester

"I had sandwiches and drinks nicked one time

Next time, could I have cheese and pickle sandwiches please "

Sure when are you going next

Crawley

Sure when are you going next "

I actually always bring snacks to share. People don't even need to steal them, just be there when I open the cool bag.

I actually always bring snacks to share. People don't even need to steal them, just be there when I open the cool bag. "

You sound fun

A x

Sure when are you going next "

I have no idea

Birstall, Leicester

I have no idea "

I'll bring a picnic

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

"The wife and I have been going, often with friends, for three years. No issues at all. Theft is certainly not 'rife'.

Completely agree with this statement! "

Ditto.

And I've never met any scummy behaviour I love the club and people that attend and will continue enjoying kestrels/Abfabs

"Neither make for a particularly safe environement in my opinion

Miss N x "

"The wife and I have been going, often with friends, for three years. No issues at all. Theft is certainly not 'rife'.

Completely agree with this statement!

Ditto."

Double ditto

Crawley

I actually always bring snacks to share. People don't even need to steal them, just be there when I open the cool bag.

You sound fun

A x"

Yeah, I've been accused of turning up and bribing women with strawberries, chocolate and doughnuts, lol.

You sound fun

A x

Yeah, I've been accused of turning up and bribing women with strawberries, chocolate and doughnuts, lol."

You do jonny lol not really you just look after all the ladies

Luton

Some people do go to Kestrels all day and then stay on for Abfabs...nothing wrong with a few bottles of drink and they're unlikely to get d*unk if it's consumed throughout the day.

In an ideal world, we would never worry about theft...we'd leave our doors open, cars unlocked, wouldn't have to be concerned about sexual assault etc.

But it is not a perfect world. Precautions sometimes need to be taken. that said, anyone who has actually been to Kestrels/Abfabs knows that the place is quite big with large fridges provided in two different locations for guests to keep food and drink. Staff do walk about to keep an eye on things, but they cannot be everywhere at once. If a "bar" whereby a staff member served guests their own drinks were implemented then the tea hut would probably go because there would then be no fridge for milk.

I've been to clubs with full licensed bars, and with the system where "bar staff" serve guests their own drinks. Both tend to generate queues. Part of the appeal of Kestrels is that there's no queuing, and the fridges in the tea hut become a social hub. There's also cold water and Pepsi on tap, where you serve yourself.

I would think that the incidents of people stealing drinks is actually pretty low given the number of people who attend. And what's to stop me going to Jaydees bar area, spotting an expensive drink in cubbyhole number 30 and asking for it? Chances are the staff member won't remember all 150 guests drinks. Kestrels is orders of magnitude bigger and can have hundreds of people there on a popular day/night.

Kestrels have suggested a perfectly reasonable solution - the bottle lock. You are under no obligation to buy from them, you can buy them elsewhere and probably cheaper. The layout and atmosphere at Abfabs really doesn't lend itself to bar service. And if that is so important that you'll avoid a club...then so be it. Personally I find that the play and social facilities, staff, cleanliness and atmosphere are more important.

"And I've never met any scummy behaviour I love the club and people that attend and will continue enjoying kestrels/Abfabs "

"Most clubs don't have an alcohol licence but still run a bar. They serve customers their own labelled alcohol and sell soft drinks.

We might spend £10 a night on soft drinks doing that. Surely dozens of customers doing that would more than cover a staff cost? Not to mention the focal point a bar gives and the customer service aspect."

It certainly would create a social area.

Luton

"Most clubs don't have an alcohol licence but still run a bar. They serve customers their own labelled alcohol and sell soft drinks.

We might spend £10 a night on soft drinks doing that. Surely dozens of customers doing that would more than cover a staff cost? Not to mention the focal point a bar gives and the customer service aspect.

It certainly would create a social area. "

THere already is a social area....inside the house with the couches, dance pole and tables. That's also where one of the big fridges where you can store drinks is.

The problem with Abfabs is that it's spread over a large area with at least two places where drinks are stored. Replacing this with one bar would lead to long queues when the club is busy. People generally do not like queues.

It certainly would create a social area. "

Yet I've read on here people sitting at a bar in a club on their own and nobody except the bar staff talking to them. Doesn't seem very social to me

By *ootleCouple  over a year ago

Romford, Essex

We have to agree with _bsinthe_boy and others. We have been going to this club for many years and we personally have never encountered any problems - well none that could not be dealt with by ourselves or the staff.

Sadly we have heard about some thefts, but we honestly can't say that it's 'rife'. And we have heard stories of drinks being 'spiked' but again we personally have never met anyone that has been a victim of this.

We like to think of ourselves as a little 'streetwise' (you shouldn't be in this lifestyle if you're not) therefore we take precautions and have a lock on our picnic bag, we have also just purchased one of the bottle locks that Kestrels/Abfabs have on sale. This is not because we have been a victim of any petty theft at the club - but more that we think its better to be safe than sorry (we also lock our car when we leave it in the car park !). Unfortunately it's a fact of life that there will always be someone around who will take advantage of another persons trust - so to those who blame the club for this we can only say wake up and get real !

As for the comments about 'scummy behaviour' in any club there will always be a few people you wouldn't have a cup of coffee with, but seriously, you're adults, if you're unhappy with someone's behaviour, tell the staff - they really will act if your complaint is founded - or just tell the offender to politely 'do-one'!

We think this club is fantastic, the staff work very hard to make sure everyone has a fab time - so, in our opinion everyone who attends this venue, day or night, has to take some responsibility for themselves.

"We have to agree with _bsinthe_boy and others. We have been going to this club for many years and we personally have never encountered any problems - well none that could not be dealt with by ourselves or the staff.

Sadly we have heard about some thefts, but we honestly can't say that it's 'rife'. And we have heard stories of drinks being 'spiked' but again we personally have never met anyone that has been a victim of this.

We like to think of ourselves as a little 'streetwise' (you shouldn't be in this lifestyle if you're not) therefore we take precautions and have a lock on our picnic bag, we have also just purchased one of the bottle locks that Kestrels/Abfabs have on sale. This is not because we have been a victim of any petty theft at the club - but more that we think its better to be safe than sorry (we also lock our car when we leave it in the car park !). Unfortunately it's a fact of life that there will always be someone around who will take advantage of another persons trust - so to those who blame the club for this we can only say wake up and get real !

As for the comments about 'scummy behaviour' in any club there will always be a few people you wouldn't have a cup of coffee with, but seriously, you're adults, if you're unhappy with someone's behaviour, tell the staff - they really will act if your complaint is founded - or just tell the offender to politely 'do-one'!

We think this club is fantastic, the staff work very hard to make sure everyone has a fab time - so, in our opinion everyone who attends this venue, day or night, has to take some responsibility for themselves."

As we have said before, nothing is perfect, but we enjoy going and will continue the do so.

[Removed by poster at 17/09/17 21:38:21]

Are we all finished now?