FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Dirty tricks canpaign or a coincidence they are all happening together?

Dirty tricks canpaign or a coincidence they are all happening together?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am posting this to make other clubs aware of a not so nice side of things that has happened to us.

Over the last couple of months we have been subjected to a series of checks:

- VAT man arriving late at night to check our financial records.

- the police have been sent an email demanding we be issued with an asbo for the noise our members make when leaving (all the relevant legislation was quoted - someone has done their homework) luckily we are on good terms with the police and they know how our members are.

- the councils senior environmental health officer arrived to check all our wet room area and hot tub and take swabs in the dungeon , luckily we keep the place very clean and everything, even the sex swing, spanking bench and massage tables passed with flying colours.

Coincidence? Or a concerted campaign against us? We will never know of course.

Other clubs please be aware and alert.

There are many clubs around the Uk, each and every one (apart from one) are independant operators and we are all unique, we should be supporting and talking to each other not playing dirty tricks in an attempt to destroy clubs, because that will affect us all, members, staff and owners.

Have a great Christmas and here’s to a fantastic New Year. Xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

I may have put this in the wrong forum? Any thoughts? X

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It certainly sounds like a targeted effort and from someone who knows what they're doing.

Is there a disgruntled neighbour or customer that could be responsible?

Cal x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can you ask the council officials why they keep visiting you?

Maybe the other club owners are busy getting their clubs ready for tonight and not ignoring you.

I dont think anyone is ignoring me! Lol, I dont forum post often so wasnt sure if this was the right place.

I am sure over the years I have upset people, mainly neighbours and thats just by being here and open!

I am sure from time to time I have also upset customers, not my intetion but sometimes it does happen

But this post wasnt about wondering who did it its more about warning others

By *ecretsRmineWoman  over a year ago

gatwickish (yes that means near Gatwick)

its the vanillas that have nothing better to do lol. gatwick dungeon were also targeted on the noise front from ppl and cars when leaving from houses near. the latest event ran was play munch that fin 11pm on a fri, hardly late really..

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"I am posting this to make other clubs aware of a not so nice side of things that has happened to us.

- the police have been sent an email demanding we be issued with an asbo for the noise our members make when leaving (all the relevant legislation was quoted - someone has done their homework) luckily we are on good terms with the police and they know how our members are.

- the councils senior environmental health officer arrived to check all our wet room area and hot tub and take swabs in the dungeon , luckily we keep the place very clean and everything, even the sex swing, spanking bench and massage tables passed with flying colours.

There are many clubs around the Uk, each and every one (apart from one) are independant operators and we are all unique, we should be supporting and talking to each other not playing dirty tricks in an attempt to destroy clubs, because that will affect us all, members, staff and owners.

Have a great Christmas and here’s to a fantastic New Year. Xxx "

A friend of a friend works for the vat fraud department and he was saying a few years ago that something like 80000plus anonymous reports were received annually from friends, neighbours, rivals etc

You could be the victim of a neighbour taking the moral high ground.

I'd make every inspector aware that you've also been reported to these other departments so they know what's going on.

Or invite all your neighbours for tea and biscuits and beat a submission out of them in your dungeon

[Removed by poster at 23/12/17 21:23:35]

Yes I have told police and vat man.

I would love for the locals to come for tea & cake but they are scared of us....think they will get dragged into the dungeon....and mercilessly used as a sex object.....

"Yes I have told police and vat man.

I would love for the locals to come for tea & cake but they are scared of us....think they will get dragged into the dungeon....and mercilessly used as a sex object..... "

Hang on...and I'll move locally to you hehehe

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

It could be a member who you have barred or a rival club. It sounds too coincidental to me.

We have been targeted in the past by a maverick member who was barred and a rival club. We've had police turning up after false reports, we've had health and safety turn up after a 'tip off', we've had weights and measures checking our ale and measures, we've had the fire officer turn up 3 times after tip offs, we've had licensing turn up after someone reported capacity worries and unlicensed activities taking place...the list goes on!

In nearly all instances, the visiting professionals all said that the tip offs knew too much about regulation and internal business practices etc... to be a nilla and they suspect a rival club as it happens in clusters.

We have a great relationship with all of our authorities though and they turn up with an eye roll and an apology usually and they will be trying to trace tip offs in future via IP addresses etc...as it's wasting their time, especially the police.

Clubs should definitely work together and believe me we try!! lol But some people think they are an island and don't need inter club relations.

I hope the latest series of checks haven't inconvenienced you too much and you can get on with doing what you're good at.

Much love and Merry Christmas to all at Club F

Vicky xxx

Thanks for that Vicky. You have had it hard as well, I know its part and parcel of running a business but I prefer a fairer battle and to see who is trying to stab me.....but as they say, que sera sera

We will be coming across to see you in the New Year, I agree we should be talking to each other.

We have always had a good relationship with the police and always worked with the council, its made things much less stressful in the long run, but this seems to me to be very underhand, thats cos we are on the receiving end!

I doubt we will ever find out though, no one is going to own up me thinks....

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Business is brutal and I tend to take a trust no-one approach most of the time, although there are a select few who I would trust implicitly.

I would just see it as a compliment as you must be doing well and you are a threat! lol

You are welcome to Townhouse anytime and we look forward to seeing you

xxx

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"I am posting this to make other clubs aware of a not so nice side of things that has happened to us.

If someone was emailing the police about an ASBO on grounds of noise may not be as well informed about the law as the email suggests.

ASBOs were replaced in 2014 by injunctions and other orders - if the email mentioned a community protection notice it might be arguable that their knowledge is up to date.

Key thing about a CPN is the concept of reasonableness - I wouldn't give a single complainant, without compelling evidence, a cat in hell's chance of getting an order against the manager of premises that have planning permission and considerable history.

It’s such a shame really. I don’t know how people have time for vendettas etc.

This is an amazing scene for us all to enjoy .

Definitely support each other.

Ooh sue perhaps a road trip is in order (townhouse).

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE XXX

You coulda told the vat man he needs to come back when hes had the decency to make an appointment

By *ink magnolia s yorksWoman  over a year ago

south yorkshire

Sounds like a load of prudes pretending to have better morals than us lo, except they protest too much, they're actually pissed off the can't join in too. Bit like people protesting about gay marriage etc or gay in general. They're so bothered because they're trying to hide the fact they are!

Think of a kid and ask did you eat another biscuit before lunch?

They'll sound aghast as they say no mum it wasn't me! Exactly the same with those idiots

I'm sorry you're having shit.

As said above, it really is pathetic!

I guess the only thing you can take heart about, is you've had so many different departments scrutinise you, that at least you know you are totally running your business within every law known to man!!

So well done for making yourselves bomb proof!

All good checks IMO

"You coulda told the vat man he needs to come back when hes had the decency to make an appointment "

Unfortunately he doesn’t need to make an appointment.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Sadly this isn't just a problem for clubs in the UK.

I suppose the club owners should be thankful that they are not in Germany. Here the town hall will close you down first then ask questions (very much) later.

Our favourite club has had to close two whole floors including its dungeon and wet area based on nothing more than an anonymous complaint.

With no other reason the town hall initially tried to close the whole club but backed down to specific areas only after the owner got his lawyers involved.

The owner would love the inspectors to come today but has been told that any inspection will be well into the new year. Until then the affected areas must remain closed.

While the owners do not know who made the complaint, another club is strongly suspected.

I would just add that this club is superb and spotless.

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"Sadly this isn't just a problem for clubs in the UK.

I suppose the club owners should be thankful that they are not in Germany. Here the town hall will close you down first then ask questions (very much) later.

Our favourite club has had to close two whole floors including its dungeon and wet area based on nothing more than an anonymous complaint.

With no other reason the town hall initially tried to close the whole club but backed down to specific areas only after the owner got his lawyers involved.

The owner would love the inspectors to come today but has been told that any inspection will be well into the new year. Until then the affected areas must remain closed.

While the owners do not know who made the complaint, another club is strongly suspected.

I would just add that this club is superb and spotless."

It's rare you'll get people saying nice things about judges on here but thank god for English judges.

Back in 1947 a council in the midlands decided to ban children from going to the cinema on Sundays; the cinema company went to court and the principle was established that local authorities had to behave reasonably.

We sometimes forget that we have rights and protections...

"You coulda told the vat man he needs to come back when hes had the decency to make an appointment

Unfortunately he doesn’t need to make an appointment. "

That is quite correct, as long as I was on the premises, and I was ??

"

Have a great Christmas and here’s to a fantastic New Year. Xxx .

All good checks IMO"

Course they are

Till its you being scrutinised and having to jump through hoops which takes time out from the business of running the place, but thats part and parcel Really.

But , and with respect, thats not the point of the forum post

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

OP, you might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 though.

The Police getting an email complaining is pretty meaningless really. I'm sure theybreceive hundreds of daft complaints that get quickly dismissed.

Environmental health probably just routine and you would be ready and ok anyway.

The vat man 'late' visit seems oddball. Was he really hmrc? Surely no business is in a position to handle a night time vat inspection??? That sounds dodgy to me.

By *aydeesclubCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

We have had all the same stuff happen to us too but we have passed them all including the planning xxx so not sure where it’s all coming from. Good luck with it all it’s hard and stressful but worth it for all the lovely people you do meet x

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"OP, you might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 though.

The Police getting an email complaining is pretty meaningless really. I'm sure theybreceive hundreds of daft complaints that get quickly dismissed.

Environmental health probably just routine and you would be ready and ok anyway.

The vat man 'late' visit seems oddball. Was he really hmrc? Surely no business is in a position to handle a night time vat inspection??? That sounds dodgy to me."

3 clubs all on the same thread experiencing all of the same things... as 'odd' as it may seem to someone who is not in the business, it has become normal for us.

By *rHornyGentMan  over a year ago

South East London

I would love for the locals to come for tea & cake but they are scared of us....think they will get dragged into the dungeon....and mercilessly used as a sex object..... "

Do it, do it, do it!!

"We have had all the same stuff happen to us too but we have passed them all including the planning xxx so not sure where it’s all coming from. Good luck with it all it’s hard and stressful but worth it for all the lovely people you do meet x "

Sorry to hear that

The people are lovely that is true I would not be running the club if it werent for all the genuine , friendly, nice people thats for sure. Xxx

"OP, you might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 though.

The vat man 'late' visit seems oddball. Was he really hmrc? Surely no business is in a position to handle a night time vat inspection??? That sounds dodgy to me."

You could well be right. Xx

It could be coincidence and I may be being paranoid, but the police do get complaints about us alot and pass by on most and tbh they arent taking this one seriously, but seriously enough to tell us about it

The vat man is entitled to come in during opening hours and it wasnt suspect at all. He is doing his job and only using the rights he is entitled to, its what prompted his visit that I wonder about

Why would the VAT man arrive late at night to check your records?

"Why would the VAT man arrive late at night to check your records? "

Because thats when we are open and an element of surprise and yes they can do it

By *imon and saffyCouple  over a year ago

southampton

"Why would the VAT man arrive late at night to check your records? "

Arrive in the hours of business to find out if all the takings are being declared or if a proportion is accidentally forgotten about.

Not that I'm suggesting that this is the case, just why they do it.

Consider a separate complaint to the police about harassment, leave it to them to track down the offenders.

yes clubs should talk, never a truer word said xx

we had a visit after 3rd weekend open, still it was nice to see there faces nice and red as they left lol xx

By *urekaPartiesCouple  over a year ago

FAWKHAM

We’ve had the same here too! Once all checks were done we passed everything too! Again not sure where it all came from. We have good relationships with a few clubs, maybe a UK wide Club Watch (as such) could be set up, so instances such as this or unwanted press calls or even banned clientele can be reported to all clubs. Or is this to ambitious?

We hope you’ve all had a good festive season and we wish you all the best for 2018

"We’ve had the same here too! Once all checks were done we passed everything too! Again not sure where it all came from. We have good relationships with a few clubs, maybe a UK wide Club Watch (as such) could be set up, so instances such as this or unwanted press calls or even banned clientele can be reported to all clubs. Or is this to ambitious?

We hope you’ve all had a good festive season and we wish you all the best for 2018 "

not to ambitious at all, its very difficult to know exactly who is coming into a club, even with there real names, so always good to have a list of those banned from a certain place and the reason why, cant see the harm in pre warning xx merry amas and a happy new year to the whole of the uk xx

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"We’ve had the same here too! Once all checks were done we passed everything too! Again not sure where it all came from. We have good relationships with a few clubs, maybe a UK wide Club Watch (as such) could be set up, so instances such as this or unwanted press calls or even banned clientele can be reported to all clubs. Or is this to ambitious?

We hope you’ve all had a good festive season and we wish you all the best for 2018

not to ambitious at all, its very difficult to know exactly who is coming into a club, even with there real names, so always good to have a list of those banned from a certain place and the reason why, cant see the harm in pre warning xx merry amas and a happy new year to the whole of the uk xx "

We've had a club watch scheme in the Northwest for around 4-5 years. Something I set up to share varying incidents not just problem guests. Most clubs appreciate the info and sharing, others don't give a shit tbh.

i suppose they probs think that if it happens way down the country that they arnt going to attend a club up here, but it could still happen and all info should be shared somewhere, email or text service im guessing, xx

FAWKHAM

Well we would be up for joining in a scheme

By *aydeesclubCouple  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

We considered doing this kind of scheme but it is difficult as we are passing on private information regarding people’s id etc and that’s not really a good thing. Due to the Data Protection Act. The only other thing would be Fab profiles. But offenders would just change their profile. Mind you we have only banned a few people as most swingers simply don’t want trouble. As for authority’s maybe we have a club who wants to be one of the only clubs because who ever reported us had been to our club and done their homework on a very professional scale x

"We considered doing this kind of scheme but it is difficult as we are passing on private information regarding people’s id etc and that’s not really a good thing. Due to the Data Protection Act. The only other thing would be Fab profiles. But offenders would just change their profile. Mind you we have only banned a few people as most swingers simply don’t want trouble. As for authority’s maybe we have a club who wants to be one of the only clubs because who ever reported us had been to our club and done their homework on a very professional scale x"

I agree, it is tricky regarding data protection. But phone calls maybe? If anyone (club wise) wants to hook up please text me on the club phone.

Mind you, despite comments saying we should talk to each other on here.....I must say that we have been blocked on fab by some clubs on here.... .

"we had a visit after 3rd weekend open, still it was nice to see there faces nice and red as they left lol xx "

Really? They must be doing the rounds then in the North East.

Was that the police? The environmental health ? or the vat man? Hope they didnt cause too much disruption

no disruption here, being a new ( club ) we expect it,i say ( club ) as we arnt in the club section as yet as we dont need to be, word of mouth seems to work just fine, working together is the way forward,

before we opened we invited all authorities here, so far 2 have turned up and all fine, still waiting to hear back from 2, but doors open

"We considered doing this kind of scheme but it is difficult as we are passing on private information regarding people’s id etc and that’s not really a good thing. Due to the Data Protection Act. The only other thing would be Fab profiles. But offenders would just change their profile. Mind you we have only banned a few people as most swingers simply don’t want trouble. As for authority’s maybe we have a club who wants to be one of the only clubs because who ever reported us had been to our club and done their homework on a very professional scale x

I agree, it is tricky regarding data protection. But phone calls maybe? If anyone (club wise) wants to hook up please text me on the club phone.

Mind you, despite comments saying we should talk to each other on here.....I must say that we have been blocked on fab by some clubs on here.... . "

Data protection is a serious issue and I would not take kindly to anyone sharing my personal information without my consent be it written or verbally via the telephone. Trust is paramount and that needs to be respected. If you are having problems then quite honestly that is your problem and not that of the people who may attend your venue. If you share anyone's information without consent you are breaking the law and you would be wise to remember that.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"We considered doing this kind of scheme but it is difficult as we are passing on private information regarding people’s id etc and that’s not really a good thing. Due to the Data Protection Act. The only other thing would be Fab profiles. But offenders would just change their profile. Mind you we have only banned a few people as most swingers simply don’t want trouble. As for authority’s maybe we have a club who wants to be one of the only clubs because who ever reported us had been to our club and done their homework on a very professional scale x

Mind you, despite comments saying we should talk to each other on here.....I must say that we have been blocked on fab by some clubs on here.... .

Data protection is a serious issue and I would not take kindly to anyone sharing my personal information without my consent be it written or verbally via the telephone. Trust is paramount and that needs to be respected. If you are having problems then quite honestly that is your problem and not that of the people who may attend your venue. If you share anyone's information without consent you are breaking the law and you would be wise to remember that."

When people sign our membership contract, I always highlight the bit that discusses data protection. It states that the only time we would share their info is if they broke the law on our premises and the police had to be involved. Their information is then shared with the police. With other clubs, we tend to use Fab profiles and descriptions.

To be honest, in a lot of instances, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if we DID share full names and addresses as there are quite a lot of clubs in our area who don't take personal information..they don't even ask for a name!! So there really is no point sharing personal info with other clubs if they don't take the info themselves!!!! lol

So for those who have seriously broken club rules, we simply share fab names and give a description as this works for clubs who don't take ID.

In all the years we have been operating, only once have we had to get the police involved with a member and personal info has been shared as the police gave us a disclosure/release doc and asked for info and CCTv footage of the person entering and leaving the club.

Data protection is a serious issue and I would not take kindly to anyone sharing my personal information without my consent be it written or verbally via the telephone. Trust is paramount and that needs to be respected. If you are having problems then quite honestly that is your problem and not that of the people who may attend your venue. If you share anyone's information without consent you are breaking the law and you would be wise to remember that.

When people sign our membership contract, I always highlight the bit that discusses data protection. It states that the only time we would share their info is if they broke the law on our premises and the police had to be involved. Their information is then shared with the police. With other clubs, we tend to use Fab profiles and descriptions.

To be honest, in a lot of instances, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if we DID share full names and addresses as there are quite a lot of clubs in our area who don't take personal information..they don't even ask for a name!! So there really is no point sharing personal info with other clubs if they don't take the info themselves!!!! lol

So for those who have seriously broken club rules, we simply share fab names and give a description as this works for clubs who don't take ID.

In all the years we have been operating, only once have we had to get the police involved with a member and personal info has been shared as the police gave us a disclosure/release doc and asked for info and CCTv footage of the person entering and leaving the club. "

Any membership application which states that your information can be shared is fine. If you sign that document then there is no argument. I would suggest most clubs don't state that though.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

In all the years we have been operating, only once have we had to get the police involved with a member and personal info has been shared as the police gave us a disclosure/release doc and asked for info and CCTv footage of the person entering and leaving the club.

Any membership application which states that your information can be shared is fine. If you sign that document then there is no argument. I would suggest most clubs don't state that though."

Most clubs in the Northwest don't even have a proper membership scheme for all guests!! lol I went to one a couple of years back and I wasn't even asked for my name!!

Any membership application which states that your information can be shared is fine. If you sign that document then there is no argument. I would suggest most clubs don't state that though.

Most clubs in the Northwest don't even have a proper membership scheme for all guests!! lol I went to one a couple of years back and I wasn't even asked for my name!! "

Its not limited to the Northwest. Ive been to clubs all over the country and not many have asked for any form of ID, just fill out the form and that's that. I don't think members only clubs are required to authenticate who there members are, but I might be wrong. But some clubs are very well run. I've not been to yours but I've only heard good things about it.

By *inderellaRockerfellazCouple  over a year ago

warrington

Cupids have had "visits" from various entities VAT, HMRC over the past 12 months. Last being an "anonymous" report to the fire service on the 22nd of December. In each case nothing untoward was found & the business Carrys on as normal.

In the case of the fire service this has happened around the same time every year for the past three. The service has a duty to investigate such reports & to be frank we welcome there visits.

Is it a game or malicious it's anyone's guess. Club premises are under obligation to adhere to the law & legislation that affects any legitimate business.

However it is time consuming to open tge club at a very busy time. Such is life.

Cupids "where the customer comes first".

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Most clubs in the Northwest don't even have a proper membership scheme for all guests!! lol I went to one a couple of years back and I wasn't even asked for my name!!

Its not limited to the Northwest. Ive been to clubs all over the country and not many have asked for any form of ID, just fill out the form and that's that. I don't think members only clubs are required to authenticate who there members are, but I might be wrong. But some clubs are very well run. I've not been to yours but I've only heard good things about it."

Sorry to be pedantic but this is something which bothers me and I do tend to bleat on about it.

For clubs to be classed as a private members club and benefit from being exempt from certain discrimination laws which allows them to charge different prices for men and women, then they have to have a membership scheme which takes personal info from guests, checks it against current ID, issues a membership card and stores personal information on a secure database, which also means the club being registered with ICO. If they don't do these things, then they are not running a proper membership scheme and leave themselves wide open if someone reports them for discrimination.

I also wonder what would happen if something serious happened on the premises and they didn't know who the hell was in their club. It's a sexually charged atmosphere where often, alcohol is involved which can be a recipe for disaster if proper policies are not in place to protect everyone involved.

I'm not saying that clubs who don't have the membership scheme are not well run and don't have policies in place to protect their members as I'm sure most have the best interests of their members at heart. However, without holding information about who is on the premises at any one time, they leave themselves wide open to problems if someone were to commit a crime, i.e serious assault.

Taking ID and handing out memberships is not the ultimate protection against trouble, but it is certainly a deterrent. I'm sure someone would think twice about breaking the law in a club if they thought that they could easily be traced?

I am by no means snobby about this as people run their business how they see fit, but to me, it just makes sense to have these practices in place to protect your guests in a sexually charged and sometimes unpredictable environment.

You are very welcome to visit us anytime xx

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Cupids have had "visits" from various entities VAT, HMRC over the past 12 months. Last being an "anonymous" report to the fire service on the 22nd of December. In each case nothing untoward was found & the business Carrys on as normal.

In the case of the fire service this has happened around the same time every year for the past three. The service has a duty to investigate such reports & to be frank we welcome there visits.

Is it a game or malicious it's anyone's guess. Club premises are under obligation to adhere to the law & legislation that affects any legitimate business.

However it is time consuming to open tge club at a very busy time. Such is life.

"

Omg!! So did we, the day before on the 21st!! We were told that it was a anon report They can visit whenever they want as far as we're concerned but I'm sure both of us could have done without it before Christmas!

FAWKHAM

Its not limited to the Northwest. Ive been to clubs all over the country and not many have asked for any form of ID, just fill out the form and that's that. I don't think members only clubs are required to authenticate who there members are, but I might be wrong. But some clubs are very well run. I've not been to yours but I've only heard good things about it.

Sorry to be pedantic but this is something which bothers me and I do tend to bleat on about it.

For clubs to be classed as a private members club and benefit from being exempt from certain discrimination laws which allows them to charge different prices for men and women, then they have to have a membership scheme which takes personal info from guests, checks it against current ID, issues a membership card and stores personal information on a secure database, which also means the club being registered with ICO. If they don't do these things, then they are not running a proper membership scheme and leave themselves wide open if someone reports them for discrimination.

I also wonder what would happen if something serious happened on the premises and they didn't know who the hell was in their club. It's a sexually charged atmosphere where often, alcohol is involved which can be a recipe for disaster if proper policies are not in place to protect everyone involved.

I'm not saying that clubs who don't have the membership scheme are not well run and don't have policies in place to protect their members as I'm sure most have the best interests of their members at heart. However, without holding information about who is on the premises at any one time, they leave themselves wide open to problems if someone were to commit a crime, i.e serious assault.

Taking ID and handing out memberships is not the ultimate protection against trouble, but it is certainly a deterrent. I'm sure someone would think twice about breaking the law in a club if they thought that they could easily be traced?

I am by no means snobby about this as people run their business how they see fit, but to me, it just makes sense to have these practices in place to protect your guests in a sexually charged and sometimes unpredictable environment.

You are very welcome to visit us anytime xx"

Totally in agreement with you on this one

warrington

"Cupids have had "visits" from various entities VAT, HMRC over the past 12 months. Last being an "anonymous" report to the fire service on the 22nd of December. In each case nothing untoward was found & the business Carrys on as normal.

Omg!! So did we, the day before on the 21st!! We were told that it was a anon report They can visit whenever they want as far as we're concerned but I'm sure both of us could have done without it before Christmas! "

Your right V just an irritation - but some people just can't help themselves from attempting to ruin things for others. Don't normally comment on such things.

K Sara onwards x B

By *inglesCouple  over a year ago

Colchester

By *wingsandthings8189Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Scared but secretly hopeful

By *eadyforachangeWoman  over a year ago

Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

"we should be supporting and talking to each other not playing dirty tricks in an attempt to destroy clubs, because that will affect us all, members, staff and owners."

Totally agree that clubs should support each other and work together. Choice is what brings people to this lifestyle and all clubs offer something different.

Personally it only gives me more confidence in a club if they can pass and brush off spot checks but understand that it's not easy to run a buisness under such circumstances.

I note comments re ID and I for one would never enter a club that didn't ask for photo ID and keep details. Incidents do happen and passing details to the police is what every club should be doing when required.

To all you lovely club owners, managers and staff keep up the good work and thank you for the choice. x

"we should be supporting and talking to each other not playing dirty tricks in an attempt to destroy clubs, because that will affect us all, members, staff and owners.

Totally agree that clubs should support each other and work together. Choice is what brings people to this lifestyle and all clubs offer something different.

Personally it only gives me more confidence in a club if they can pass and brush off spot checks but understand that it's not easy to run a buisness under such circumstances.

I note comments re ID and I for one would never enter a club that didn't ask for photo ID and keep details. Incidents do happen and passing details to the police is what every club should be doing when required.

To all you lovely club owners, managers and staff keep up the good work and thank you for the choice. x"

Have to agree. Defo support there’s room for us all at the end of the day.

Well said xx

We put a lot of time and effort in providing great venues for everyone to visit. Safety and enjoyment is paramount. As I’m sure all the other established club owners do the same. It is disheartening sometimes when things like this happen . But we know everything is done properly and above board . After all it’s the members who maketh the club oh and the hardworking staff too.

Looking forward to visiting some of you in the new year xx

By *umblefunMan  over a year ago

London/ South East

All the bodies who are visiting you are Public bodies. They are therefore subject to the Freedom of information act. This means that if you are worried about who is making complaints you can ask and they should tell you.....unless they believe that the person complaining is in danger.....unlikely I would have thought!

warrington

"We put a lot of time and effort in providing great venues for everyone to visit. Safety and enjoyment is paramount. As I’m sure all the other established club owners do the same. It is disheartening sometimes when things like this happen . But we know everything is done properly and above board . After all it’s the members who maketh the club oh and the hardworking staff too.

Looking forward to visiting some of you in the new year xx"

By *onkris25Couple  over a year ago

derby

sorry to hear you having problems sue we have had this from the first we opened. we too only do things legally yet still get visited regularly had to put an official complaint in to police and council

» Add a new message to this topic