FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Cupid's and Trans

Cupid's and Trans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Hi does anyone know what the door policy is at Cupid's in Manchester, regarding transgirls? A friend (f) of mine has suggested a visit for after the Manchester social on Saturday, but their website says nothing about tgirls, and I don't want them to decide that I count as single male... I have messaged the club but so far got no reply.

Polly xx

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *orthwest_cplCouple  over a year ago

Stretford

As far as I know you won't get in dressed.

Stockport

Their website does explain their dress down policy, with femmes allowed in lingerie or clubwear. I have no problem with looking good in my undies, done that at Decadence, but not going to go male (because I'm trans femme).

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I also think that you will not be addmitted as a trans.

By *arlo82Woman  over a year ago

the gym and random places

Why would a large proportion of the swinging world be excluded? Customers clearly don't come first if that's the case

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

Are you going the Saturday? Or on the Sunday?

I don't think I saw any trans when I went there and it was a social event. Cupids have a page on here, or they did, have you messaged that one?

Leicester

"Why would a large proportion of the swinging world be excluded? Customers clearly don't come first if that's the case "

There are a lot of clubs that don't allow trans in every night and are limited to selected nights. The same with bi men only being allowed to play on certain nights. All bizarre to me too.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Hi does anyone know what the door policy is at Cupid's in Manchester, regarding transgirls? A friend (f) of mine has suggested a visit for after the Manchester social on Saturday, but their website says nothing about tgirls, and I don't want them to decide that I count as single male... I have messaged the club but so far got no reply.

Polly xx"

Message their profile on here, they are proactive & will reply

Stockport

"

Message their profile on here, they are proactive & will reply "

I am unable to message Cupid's fab profile because they have blocked all trans girls! I suspect that this gives a very good indication of Cupid's policy towards transwomen - we are not welcome!!

Unless anyone can give an alternate view sourced from Cupid's management, I shall assume that there is no point in attempting to visit the club. Polly xx

Leicester

"

I am unable to message Cupid's fab profile because they have blocked all trans girls! I suspect that this gives a very good indication of Cupid's policy towards transwomen - we are not welcome!!

Unless anyone can give an alternate view sourced from Cupid's management, I shall assume that there is no point in attempting to visit the club. Polly xx"

I messaged someone and asked, they've said they will find out. Will let you know if/when I hear back.

"Hi does anyone know what the door policy is at Cupid's in Manchester, regarding transgirls? A friend (f) of mine has suggested a visit for after the Manchester social on Saturday, but their website says nothing about tgirls, and I don't want them to decide that I count as single male... I have messaged the club but so far got no reply.

Polly xx

Message their profile on here, they are proactive & will reply "

Unfortunately they won’t reply to trans girls. I’ve tried before to ask if I may attend.

The owner has a ‘no trans’ policy and won’t let the staff allow any in.

I have a friend who works there.

By *inderellaRockerfellazCouple  over a year ago

warrington

The club is bi & transgender friendly (please see club reviews & verifications). At this time the club has no specific bi nights / trans events planned or scheduled - this will change in August / Sept 2018.

It is the clubs management view that its current facilities will not support the needs of the wider trans element of the community at this time.

There are many other clubs better suited to deliver against those needs & we trust that people understand that a single venue cannot support the needs / wants & desires of everyone in the swing community.

Please feel free to message the club directly with any further questions.

Cupids.

warrington

"

Unless anyone can give an alternate view sourced from Cupid's management, I shall assume that there is no point in attempting to visit the club. Polly xx"

Thr club has not blocked anyone group of Fab members from its profile. That is not correct.

They dont allow trans or gay men , lesbians are ok tho , this club was a good club but full of clicks and backstabbers so I'd say take your pretty dressed up self to some were that you will be appreciated and accepted for what and who you are

"The club is bi & transgender friendly (please see club reviews & verifications). At this time the club has no specific bi nights / trans events planned or scheduled - this will change in August / Sept 2018.

It is the clubs management view that its current facilities will not support the needs of the wider trans element of the community at this time.

There are many other clubs better suited to deliver against those needs & we trust that people understand that a single venue cannot support the needs / wants & desires of everyone in the swing community.

Cupids.

"

This post seems to give conflicting answers.

You’re trans friendly but other clubs would suit us better?

Please clarify. I am not seeking a trans evening. I’m a trans woman and attend clubs on straight and bi nights.

Simple question; if I attend your venue will I welcome? Will I be admitted as a woman or will you treat me differently? I’m guessing you charge different entry fees according to gender?

[Removed by poster at 23/03/18 11:39:09]

Why the distinction what is the big problem with who goes where. I thought we were no longer part of a nanny state

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"They dont allow trans or gay men , lesbians are ok tho , this club was a good club but full of clicks and backstabbers so I'd say take your pretty dressed up self to some were that you will be appreciated and accepted for what and who you are"

So are you classing trans or TVs as backstabbers that are nothing more than a pain in the ass to every other swinger Aren’t we all entitled to be who we are and do what we want. Why allow lesbians in then. Does it obviously create more revenue for the club and get more paying people in who’s rather it be associated with the dreaded trans woman or tv. Listen my dear you will find that trans or tv are the most sincere people around

warrington

"The club is bi & transgender friendly (please see club reviews & verifications). At this time the club has no specific bi nights / trans events planned or scheduled - this will change in August / Sept 2018.

Cupids.

This post seems to give conflicting answers.

You’re trans friendly but other clubs would suit us better?

Please clarify. I am not seeking a trans evening. I’m a trans woman and attend clubs on straight and bi nights.

Simple question; if I attend your venue will I welcome? Will I be admitted as a woman or will you treat me differently? I’m guessing you charge different entry fees according to gender? "

Rachel I have pmd you. Bruce - Cupids

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

[Removed by poster at 23/03/18 11:46:34]

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

"They dont allow trans or gay men , lesbians are ok tho , this club was a good club but full of clicks and backstabbers so I'd say take your pretty dressed up self to some were that you will be appreciated and accepted for what and who you are

So are you classing trans or TVs as backstabbers that are nothing more than a pain in the ass to every other swinger Aren’t we all entitled to be who we are and do what we want. Why allow lesbians in then. Does it obviously create more revenue for the club and get more paying people in who’s rather it be associated with the dreaded trans woman or tv. Listen my dear you will find that trans or tv are the most sincere people around"

she did not say that at all

By *lub Rouge ManchesterCouple  over a year ago

manchester

It’s a private club. They can allow or not allow who they like .... it’s knows Cupid’s doesn’t allow. TVs. Like other clubs don’t allow. Under 25. Find the club that fits what you want. There’s a few about x

"It’s a private club. They can allow or not allow who they like .... it’s knows Cupid’s doesn’t allow. TVs. Like other clubs don’t allow. Under 25. Find the club that fits what you want. There’s a few about x"

Interesting turn of events here;

Bruce has posted to say that Cupid’s is trans friendly but you’re speaking on their behalf to say TVs aren’t welcome there.

I hope this kind of public club rivalry is ok.

My understanding that trans people aren't allowed in. Be good to have that explicitly clarified.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

How come we can go to normal clubs, pubs and restaurants, yet not allowed to visit certain swingers clubs. This sounds like a transphobia issue.

If a private club wishes not to allow transvestites in then it is within their rights, however, if they deny entrance to a woman because she is transgender when other women are allowed entry it is contravention of the law. TG women are recognised in law as as women and have the same rights as 'cisgender' women. Also having different entry fees for cis women and trans women would probably fall foul of equality laws as it denies transwomen the same rights as the other women.

There is a caveat though, a private club or indeed any other club or pub, can refuse entry to individuals without having to give a reason

Sites like this do not help by failing to recognise the difference between transvestite (TV) and transgender (or TS as they still use the term)

PDI Gran Canaria

Cupids.

"

This doesn't answer any specific questions, what special facilities are required if a convincing TV or TS arrives fully dressed as they should be treated as a female.

Cupids.

This doesn't answer any specific questions, what special facilities are required if a convincing TV or TS arrives fully dressed as they should be treated as a female."

Until some females complain they don't want tv's in the female toilets and changing area. Then some men complain they don't want them in their toilets and changing area. Then it all goes tits up. I imagine...

PDI Gran Canaria

Cupids.

This doesn't answer any specific questions, what special facilities are required if a convincing TV or TS arrives fully dressed as they should be treated as a female.

Until some females complain they don't want tv's in the female toilets and changing area. Then some men complain they don't want them in their toilets and changing area. Then it all goes tits up. I imagine... "

In these so called enlightend times, we would hope not. Swingers are regarded as more liberal and tolerant surely.

By *edonistic Bi.Man  over a year ago

Ashton Under Lyne

Decadence in Rochdale.

Always Trans friendly and a very nice place.. wonderful hot tub location.

(They have a special weekend on for Easter.. lovely organisers)

Cupids.

Until some females complain they don't want tv's in the female toilets and changing area. Then some men complain they don't want them in their toilets and changing area. Then it all goes tits up. I imagine...

In these so called enlightend times, we would hope not. Swingers are regarded as more liberal and tolerant surely."

You only have to read the forums regularly to know that the swinging community can be just as closed-minded as any other. There's always elements that don't like the other or feel some should not be part of said 'community'. Not my view btw. Live and let live I say

"They dont allow trans or gay men , lesbians are ok tho , this club was a good club but full of clicks and backstabbers so I'd say take your pretty dressed up self to some were that you will be appreciated and accepted for what and who you are

So are you classing trans or TVs as backstabbers that are nothing more than a pain in the ass to every other swinger Aren’t we all entitled to be who we are and do what we want. Why allow lesbians in then. Does it obviously create more revenue for the club and get more paying people in who’s rather it be associated with the dreaded trans woman or tv. Listen my dear you will find that trans or tv are the most sincere people around"

Hey I'm not sticking up for Cupids I think you have read my comment wrong , I'm all for equal rights I love and attend parties with ts and tv Wha

t I'm saying is Cupids obviously don't like trans and to go to a club were they do Cupids don't deserve it

As a legally recognised trans woman I’m told I will be welcome in Cupid’s and pay the same as any other woman.

By *v_heatherTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

"It is the clubs management view that its current facilities will not support the needs of the wider trans element of the community at this time."

I've no idea what this means!

PDI Gran Canaria

"As a legally recognised trans woman I’m told I will be welcome in Cupid’s and pay the same as any other woman.

"

So am I, which is all fine and dandy but what about the girls that aren't.

"As a legally recognised trans woman I’m told I will be welcome in Cupid’s and pay the same as any other woman.

So am I, which is all fine and dandy but what about the girls that aren't."

That’s another matter, clearly.

Stockport

Cupids.

"

Hi Cupids, very glad to hear that the club is transgender friendly So could you tell me please how much the door charge will be for a trans girl on Saturday night?

I am glad that you have some trans events planned, although August/September does seem quite a long time to wait. However I am very happy to come along to just general evenings, indeed it is my preference to meet with people of all genders, not just other transgirls.

I'm not sure exactly what specific facilities you think may be required by transgirls and transmen, unless you are referring to some kind of gender segregated spaces? I had thought that part of the ethos of clubs like Cupid's was to allow people of different genders to mingle in dressed down state and play together in any desired combinations. I can assure you that the majority of trans people that I know within the swinging community have very few hangups about dressing in clubwear or lingerie and will not mind in the least having to share changing spaces, hot tub, play rooms etc with cis gendered people.

However if it is the case that Cupid's is currently in the middle of some kind of rebuilding program, possibly it will be best if those of us looking to continue the evening after the Manchester social head for other destinations. I have been told by friends that clubs such as Decadence in Rochdale and Townhouse on the Wirral are very nice venues, professionally run by welcoming staff, and very popular with cis and trans alike. For Saturday evening maybe my friends and I will try Decadence, Rochdale is not much further to travel from the city centre than to Cupid's and their lower door charges would probably more than pay for the taxi fare.

I will probably leave the Townhouse for another evening, maybe gather a group of friends and all take a trip to the Wirral together. We are a mixed bunch of good looking cis and trans girls, I guess that I could even advertise the event on fab and see if we can find a few decent blokes to take along.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help, I'm sure that everyone going to the fab social will find the information you gave very useful. Best regards and kisses, Polly xx

warrington

Cupids.

Hi Cupids, very glad to hear that the club is transgender friendly So could you tell me please how much the door charge will be for a trans girl on Saturday night?

I am glad that you have some trans events planned, although August/September does seem quite a long time to wait. However I am very happy to come along to just general evenings, indeed it is my preference to meet with people of all genders, not just other transgirls.

I'm not sure exactly what specific facilities you think may be required by transgirls and transmen, unless you are referring to some kind of gender segregated spaces? I had thought that part of the ethos of clubs like Cupid's was to allow people of different genders to mingle in dressed down state and play together in any desired combinations. I can assure you that the majority of trans people that I know within the swinging community have very few hangups about dressing in clubwear or lingerie and will not mind in the least having to share changing spaces, hot tub, play rooms etc with cis gendered people.

However if it is the case that Cupid's is currently in the middle of some kind of rebuilding program, possibly it will be best if those of us looking to continue the evening after the Manchester social head for other destinations. I have been told by friends that clubs such as Decadence in Rochdale and Townhouse on the Wirral are very nice venues, professionally run by welcoming staff, and very popular with cis and trans alike. For Saturday evening maybe my friends and I will try Decadence, Rochdale is not much further to travel from the city centre than to Cupid's and their lower door charges would probably more than pay for the taxi fare.

I will probably leave the Townhouse for another evening, maybe gather a group of friends and all take a trip to the Wirral together. We are a mixed bunch of good looking cis and trans girls, I guess that I could even advertise the event on fab and see if we can find a few decent blokes to take along.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help, I'm sure that everyone going to the fab social will find the information you gave very useful. Best regards and kisses, Polly xx"

Hi Polly - I will pm you & answer as best I can. May not be until tomorrow been a quite exhausting weekend work wise. Additionally I will also put into this thread more information. Once again not today as frankly I am exhausted - B

warrington

Cupids.

Until some females complain they don't want tv's in the female toilets and changing area. Then some men complain they don't want them in their toilets and changing area. Then it all goes tits up. I imagine... "

This is one element or consideration when the club response mentioned “facilities”. Cupids

warrington

"They dont allow trans or gay men , lesbians are ok tho , this club was a good club but full of clicks and backstabbers so I'd say take your pretty dressed up self to some were that you will be appreciated and accepted for what and who you are"

Just to remind you sarah, you where barred from cupids for aggressive behaviour, destroying club property & insulting other female customers & staff members. !!!

Just to remind you sarah, you where barred from cupids for aggressive behaviour, destroying club property & insulting other female customers & staff members. !!! "

Hahaha no I was spoke to like shit off yona and made to cry and never insulted no staff members or customers , only thing I ever did was make people Laugh , don't care any more I wasn't treated right anyway and as for insulting customers n staff you was always slagging people off behind there back ... I don't a filter remember I say it how it is

Cupids.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help, I'm sure that everyone going to the fab social will find the information you gave very useful. Best regards and kisses, Polly xx

Hi Polly - I will pm you & answer as best I can. May not be until tomorrow been a quite exhausting weekend work wise. Additionally I will also put into this thread more information. Once again not today as frankly I am exhausted - B"

Why the PM? I'm interested to know too.

warrington

Cupids.

Hi Polly - I will pm you & answer as best I can. May not be until tomorrow been a quite exhausting weekend work wise. Additionally I will also put into this thread more information. Once again not today as frankly I am exhausted - B

Why the PM? I'm interested to know too. "

Polly you post has mentioned thing that are personal to you. Eg mentioning other clubs etc. Hence I will pm you.

I will respond to this thread and the information pertinent to Cupids in due course. Taking into consideration as far as is possible the needs of everyone.

As I have said the club WILL be introducing policy with regards to the trans community, with specific events August / September 2018.

The various posts & topics across this thread clearly demonstrate that there are conflicting opinion & points of view across the trans community itself.

Bruce

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

By *v_heatherTV/TS  over a year ago

Leeds

"The club is bi & transgender friendly (please see club reviews & verifications). At this time the club has no specific bi nights / trans events planned or scheduled - this will change in August / Sept 2018."

"As I have said the club WILL be introducing policy with regards to the trans community, with specific events August / September 2018. "

It now being October has this happened as I can't see any such events/policy on your website.

""The club is bi & transgender friendly (please see club reviews & verifications). At this time the club has no specific bi nights / trans events planned or scheduled - this will change in August / Sept 2018."

"As I have said the club WILL be introducing policy with regards to the trans community, with specific events August / September 2018. "

It now being October has this happened as I can't see any such events/policy on your website."

Dear Heather,

Thank you for bringing this fascinating thread back up to the top! I couldn't help but cringe reading the MANY awkward posts.

I too would be really interested to hear about the new policy and exciting Tran's events I've missed?

Charli xxx

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Can’t help but see this as a Cupid’s bashing thread. If they are not TV/TS/TG friendly - so what? Go to a place that is.

The North West has an abundance of Seingers Club and all are slightly different. There are a few that don’t necessarily fly the flag for the LGBGT community so I don’t quite see why Cupids alone is being attacked.