FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > After 8 Edinburgh queries

After 8 Edinburgh queries

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, me and my wife are considering trying After 8 in edinburgh. Wanted to know if anyone can confirm if there is a dress code? For example my wife prefers being comfy in jeggings and tees/tops.. is this ok?

Also my wife was worried about people taking our photo without consent. Clubs website isn't clear on that policy of people whipping out their phones and snapping pics willy nilly (pardon the pun lol)

Thanks in advance for any info

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eeks-R-UsCouple  over a year ago

Livingston

Hey guys!

As far as we're aware (been a few times ourselves) there is no dress code other than your normal non offensive stuff

So perfectly ok with that outfit.

The one exception is the 2nd Saturday of every month when they have the lingerie night. Where you're required to be in only your undies by 11pm lol.

As for Phones, they've got a zero tolerance policy on phones in the club itself.

You can use them in the locker room (just next to the main door) and of course no one should be taking your picture there either simply as a matter of manners!

The club itself is very well run and relaxed and most guests we've met have been polite and non pushy.

If you do go I'm sure you'll have a good time regardless of if you have only a social visit or do something more

Thanks for the reply NaughtyNerds, very much appreciated. New to all this at the moment and really appreciate the help.

Does this mean phones must be put in a locker? Is there a charge for that do you know?

We are going to go along with the mindset of social only for now but also with an open mind to see how comfortable we feel

Thanks again

By *eeks-R-UsCouple  over a year ago

Livingston

No worries,

I remember my first time going and I asked my missus a bunch of questions haha (she had been before).

There was/is a £5 deposit for the locker but you get that back so not the end of the world.

If you want to have some alcohol on the night you can take stuff along with you if you want. We usually take a wee bottle of vodka, which they keep behind the bar and then they pour you drinks from it.

Mainly to make sure no one gets too d*unk etc lol

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Hey guys we have been a few times and never been charged for lockers. You can take your phones into the club but must be in your pocket or bag. The only place you can use them is in a room. Locker room or smoking room. Drinks are £2 per drink or take your own. Have a great time if you go

Thanks for the info.. We went along tonight. Very nervous and it was extremely quiet tonight (possibly due to football being on). Made to feel welcome and we chatted to a few people. We didn't play, just a social thing for first visit done fine for us. We got a membership so we will try again some other time.

» Add a new message to this topic