FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Eureka

Eureka

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We are going to Eureka for our first time on 28th July, usually frequent VA any hints or tips?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We are going to Eureka for our first time on 28th July, usually frequent VA any hints or tips? "

You are in for an experience..!

Yep. Don’t eat the sausages they bring out. You’ve heard of the peanuts on a bar and urine....

"Yep. Don’t eat the sausages they bring out. You’ve heard of the peanuts on a bar and urine.... "

Yuck!

Can’t wait! Hoping for a wild one

"Can’t wait! Hoping for a wild one "

Ok that might happen, then again it might not lol

Worse case we have each other and a audience

"Worse case we have each other and a audience "

Audience wont be an issue.

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

London

Hi, yes as mentioned getting an audience will definitely be the least of your problems if you want that I'm thinking of going there myself next Saturday as I'm not able to make it at all this weekend.

Not sure about the (food) sausage comment earlier, as I've only had scampi and chips there so far, but on the food front, be aware they might stop serving it surprisingly early. Probably best to ask when you get there. I got caught out on my first visit there not that long ago when they stopped just before 6. Not a problem for me now that I know, but I usually ask each time when I arrive now so I can plan when I eat.

As far as the rest of it goes, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. The facilities there are really good, everyone is pretty friendly and relaxed and there will most likely be a lot of people there, both during the day and especially in the evening.

If you get stopped by two err...slightly overly 'keen for your entrance money' guys as you approach the car park, they are genuine. I was wondering at first what was going on when I went there last Sunday as I hadn't had that experience the previous time. When you get to the clubhouse reception, if you have Kestrels membership, you'll get free silver membership for a year there, so do ask if that's the case. You'll need to show some ID for your first visit to get a member card. If you ask, they'll show you around. I didn't bother myself as I wanted to explore and it's pretty obvious what's what anyway.

If you want a decent shower at or near the end of the day, suggest you bring your own gel/soap. The dispensers there tend to run out by the early evening and on the occasions I've been so far, are not refilled that evening. Also if you're mad keen on a sauna and/or steam room, I think they're both out of action at the moment. The lockers are pretty small, so suggest not taking too much stuff in with you.

Without wanting to sound patronising at all, suggest taking plenty of sunscreen as the fields are pretty open if you want to catch some rays. It's easy to while away time there without realising how long you've been in the sun.

Are you wanting to stay overnight but not booked? If so, all the accommodation on site is fully booked until well into August for Saturday nights. They do allow you to sleep in your car or even in the clubhouse after 3am if you bring some bedding, I think.

Overall, hope you have a great time and if I see you, I'll say hi

» Add a new message to this topic