FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Swingers club in york

Swingers club in york

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So i think i know why north yorkshire is so shit for swinging. No clubs in the york area. Massive potential profits to be made i say. We have to travel all the way to somewhere like leeds or hull for the nearest club. Come on millionaires put some investment into a club in york i guarantee you'll make your investment back an more. York is very posh an up market so the potential is high! Gap in the market

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan  over a year ago

Halifax

"So i think i know why north yorkshire is so shit for swinging. No clubs in the york area. Massive potential profits to be made i say. We have to travel all the way to somewhere like leeds or hull for the nearest club. Come on millionaires put some investment into a club in york i guarantee you'll make your investment back an more. York is very posh an up market so the potential is high! Gap in the market "

Think there is an issue with York council. They are reluctant to grant permission from what I heard.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"So i think i know why north yorkshire is so shit for swinging. No clubs in the york area. Massive potential profits to be made i say. We have to travel all the way to somewhere like leeds or hull for the nearest club. Come on millionaires put some investment into a club in york i guarantee you'll make your investment back an more. York is very posh an up market so the potential is high! Gap in the market "

Very nice of you to guarantee it will be profitable, you are in a position to cover any losses of course?

Haha reluctant. Sounds about right. But we can have three strip clubs in york that make a killing every weekend. An no i cant cover the down falls but doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise a massive gap in the market for such a high income area.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Strip clubs....?? Thought they went out with the ark!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Having spent time in Wales and the south Midlands I think Yorkshire is pretty well covered for clubs, socials and active swingers. I spoke to a couple from Oxford at the weekend. Chams in an hour and a half drive and is pretty much their closest club.

But I’d probably visit a York based club if it opened..

It won’t..

Same hear it can take an hour an half to get to the ones in Leeds an hull so same situation. Where not well covered at all.

P.s i was on about north Yorkshire in general. Yorkshire is well covered but as for north Yorkshire/York nope not a drip of activity with people are own age. Yes there is a pub crawl thing that goes down in york but the average age is like 45. I've asked the organisers before. Would be nice if there was a club we could meet other people are age an hang. Plus where not the pub crawl type of people.

Menston near Ilkley

"P.s i was on about north Yorkshire in general. Yorkshire is well covered but as for north Yorkshire/York nope not a drip of activity with people are own age. Yes there is a pub crawl thing that goes down in york but the average age is like 45. I've asked the organisers before. Would be nice if there was a club we could meet other people are age an hang. Plus where not the pub crawl type of people. "

The old saying is employ young people whilst they still know everything!

Haha i don't claim to know everything but your old stubborn mind will have touble opening up to young thoughts most likely. I feel for you dude. It must be hard been so narrow minded.

Menston near Ilkley

"Haha i don't claim to know everything but your old stubborn mind will have touble opening up to young thoughts most likely. I feel for you dude. It must be hard been so narrow minded. "

Older and wiser perhaps but certainly not narrow minded.

"P.s i was on about north Yorkshire in general. Yorkshire is well covered but as for north Yorkshire/York nope not a drip of activity with people are own age. Yes there is a pub crawl thing that goes down in york but the average age is like 45. I've asked the organisers before. Would be nice if there was a club we could meet other people are age an hang. Plus where not the pub crawl type of people. "

Ah, North Yorks is a different matter. But you have great scenery and all those sheep.

P.S, Most people I know are happy to travel up to an hour and a half for a club. I go to Cupid’s sometimes. Loads from Manchester come over to LEEDS clubs. Maybe pick your event? Ultraviolet and Enchant have a younger crowd. Far too young for me obvs, I’m curled around my Horlivka on those nights..

By *stwo80Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

We travel York to Leeds to both clubs there and its only 40 minutes door to door, not bad at all distance wise and the people frequenting them cover a wide age range.

York has 2 lap dancing establishments that are hassled constantly by the council and licensing authority, a club would be opposed vehemently by the planners.

If you use your forum search facility you will find that a club in York has been proposed previously and come to nothing .

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"Same hear it can take an hour an half to get to the ones in Leeds an hull so same situation. Where not well covered at all. "

Well that's the other side of the world isn't it. We need to get to the ferry terminal (20 minutes away) about half an hour before it sets sail then there's another forty odd minutes on the sea, at least, then theres the onward journey.

What's the big deal on driving thirty minutes for a good time.

By *ackwithabang2000Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

We were in York on Sunday only took over half an hour to get to Leeds. ..surely travelling half an hour for a good night out isn't a problem.

The one area we would say that needs a club would be Teesside (Cleveland)...highly populated and not a club for miles. .Leeds to the south and club f to the north. .

Utopia tried near malton and it's no longer open so I guess not. male

By *orkcouple888Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"If you use your forum search facility you will find that a club in York has been proposed previously and come to nothing ."

I think you will find finding the right property in the York area isn't as easy as you think.... HOWEVER WE ARE STILL LOOKING

yorkshire

"

I think you will find finding the right property in the York area isn't as easy as you think.... HOWEVER WE ARE STILL LOOKING "

One of the stumbling blocks with starting any businesses in York and surrounding area is property, real estate is expensive here.

As we said before, we wish you all the best in your search

Yeah your all probably right but hey i was only making a point. Yorks shit haha

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

If the age profile of the clubs is so much of a problem for you why does your profile state you are looking for people aged 18 to 65 ?

Plus travelling means we can't have a drink. That sorta sucks to. Im the kinda person whos not getting a taxi to a swingers club haha.

Sorry didnt realise i had to be so age correct with my profile. Can i not have an open mind. Was just making a point because as i have a 22 year female partner she gets abit creeped out by the over aged beer belly guys is all.

yorkshire

"Plus travelling means we can't have a drink. That sorta sucks to. Im the kinda person whos not getting a taxi to a swingers club haha. "

So looks like you'll be staying in then

Yeah but i got my jigglypuff with me. So cant be that bad . She just wants a sexy female to play with, without been perved on by creepy old dudes. Not much to ask is it really.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

There isn’t one in the village I live in, bastard having to travel.

Menston near Ilkley

"Yeah but i got my jigglypuff with me. So cant be that bad . She just wants a sexy female to play with, without been perved on by creepy old dudes. Not much to ask is it really. "

Listen to yourself, old age will come to you sooner than you know it!

I'm new to the swinging scene in York. And frankly, compared to where I was beforehand (Hull a year or two back) York's rubbish for swinging. Most of the couples or anyone around the area are either not looking for single men, or I'm out of their age ranges. Besides York social there's not much to bring York swingers together unless you go to clubs. Which I'm not keen on because I don't like the exploitative nature of clubs towards single male members.

Can't be that hard to meet people in York even if it's just for socials and a laugh? I get it not everyone's gonna be for everyone in terms of getting it on in bed, but seriously having just one social in York every two or three months is a bit long and severely restricts the opportunities to get to know people and break into the scene here again for me.

OP I'd be happy to meet you and your partner for a social and be friends. Honestly I'm trying to find my feet in swinging again in a brand new city and so far I really haven't been able to make any contact with anyone. But you and your partner's message filters against single men do get in the way.

Dude you hit the nail on the head right there. Your about the only one to talk some sence an know where we are coming from! Respect. Unfortunately where not currently looking for males but feel free to add are couples profile to your hotlist to keep up-to-date if we open pms to men an to the old dude that keeps jumping on this. Mate your only as old as you feel an i feel 21 everyday!

"Dude you hit the nail on the head right there. Your about the only one to talk some sence an know where we are coming from! Respect. Unfortunately where not currently looking for males but feel free to add are couples profile to your hotlist to keep up-to-date if we open pms to men an to the old dude that keeps jumping on this. Mate your only as old as you feel an i feel 21 everyday! "

Already got your partner's profile on hotlist since last month mate.

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

We have looked into opening a club in York previously, we found a venue that was ideal and agreed terms with the owner of the property who had no issues with it being a swingers club. The issues came when we looked into the planning.

As the OP has stated there are strip clubs in York, heavily pressured and policed by the council, the only time they make money is racedays and occasional weekends. That is why they have just applied and been refused extended opening hours on racedays.

A lot of people do not like to attend clubs that are on their doorstep so the market in York is fairly limited. We did a lot of research, visited a lot of clubs and discussed things with a few of the owners we of clubs we know and decided eventually that there is simply not enough money to be made from the swinging community in and around York so unless someone has money to burn it is too big a gamble in our opinion.

I do agree there is more room for a couple of socials in York but again there have been in the past and then the swinging community shows its bad side everyone falling out.

There used to be a lot of house partys but even they have disapeared in the main. But hey ho still plenty of fun to be had on a night out round York on the pull

I'm surprised and disappointed at how puritan York seems to be with its council planning permissions and the way it polices its nightlife scene. It's entirely too heavy-handed when it comes to adult entertainment. Wish they spent that amount of energy making York more attractive for locals on a night out instead of being flooded out by the hordes of people from the Midlands or up north coming down for a piss up on the weekend and generally making York nightlife feel like a jigsaw puzzle where none of the pieces really fit each other.

As for the topic about socials and how invariably some of them fail because of Fab cliques and people falling out with each other, I think it's not just something pertaining only to York. Generally the site has become a lot more insular over the years and you do get a lot more nastier attitudes and aggressive behaviour on here. And I get the feeling that the swinging scene is moving away from social meets and individual arrangements between couples or individuals for private parties or meets, and going towards out-and-out club meets at swinger clubs. All well and good if you can afford to go or have the time and means to go or if you have a local place close by to you. But if you don't... you're kinda stuffed.

But thanks for your post regarding past efforts to try and bring a swinger club to liven up the swinging scene here in York. It was good insight.

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"I'm new to the swinging scene in York. And frankly, compared to where I was beforehand (Hull a year or two back) York's rubbish for swinging. Most of the couples or anyone around the area are either not looking for single men, or I'm out of their age ranges. Besides York social there's not much to bring York swingers together unless you go to clubs. Which I'm not keen on because I don't like the exploitative nature of clubs towards single male members.

Can't be that hard to meet people in York even if it's just for socials and a laugh? I get it not everyone's gonna be for everyone in terms of getting it on in bed, but seriously having just one social in York every two or three months is a bit long and severely restricts the opportunities to get to know people and break into the scene here again for me. "

More socials to come next year

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I have to say with you coming from Hull you have left a hotbed if swinging behind. Pro rata the good people of Hull are a naughty bunch.

"I have to say with you coming from Hull you have left a hotbed if swinging behind. Pro rata the good people of Hull are a naughty bunch. "

Yes I totally agree! I had a lot of fun there during my three years at uni. The swinging scene there was brilliant. You never had a shortage of house parties, hot tub parties, social night outs, and impromptu midnight invites to "pop on round" to some couple's house for a late night swinging fun session.

Good times that.

" More socials to come next year "

Great Perhaps a bit more frequently than one every two months?

» Add a new message to this topic