FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > THEMED PARTIES AT CLUBS

THEMED PARTIES AT CLUBS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heerBliss OP   Couple  over a year ago

lutterworth

We have been going to clubs now for over 12 years and in the early days if they had a themed party night such as uniforms , white party , lingerie if you weren’t dressed up you felt the odd one out. These days when such parties are held very few bother. Is this now old fashioned to dress for a theme or are people just not bothering to make the effort??? Be interesting to know your thoughts x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I love themed events at clubs. I love any excuse to dress up and buy a new outfit though x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

At the No3 club we always have themed party. Think most clubs northwest always do. Check out our website for party info or get in touch -Enjoy

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"We have been going to clubs now for over 12 years and in the early days if they had a themed party night such as uniforms , white party , lingerie if you weren’t dressed up you felt the odd one out. These days when such parties are held very few bother. Is this now old fashioned to dress for a theme or are people just not bothering to make the effort??? Be interesting to know your thoughts x"

We were saying exactly the same the other night. Some clubs manage to get a lot of people to go with the theme, but a lot have no success at all.

lutterworth

"We have been going to clubs now for over 12 years and in the early days if they had a themed party night such as uniforms , white party , lingerie if you weren’t dressed up you felt the odd one out. These days when such parties are held very few bother. Is this now old fashioned to dress for a theme or are people just not bothering to make the effort??? Be interesting to know your thoughts x

We were saying exactly the same the other night. Some clubs manage to get a lot of people to go with the theme, but a lot have no success at all."

I think it’s a real pity x the one club we use regularly used to have a fantastic turn out on themed events but not anymore. I held a fur coat no knickers party last Friday. I think about 3 dressed for the occasion

lutterworth

"At the No3 club we always have themed party. Think most clubs northwest always do. Check out our website for party info or get in touch -Enjoy "

And do most actually dress for the theme?

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Sadly that’s our experience as well, more effort required by more people... Generally we can see that for ladies, there’s gonna be certain outfits or themes that suit their own style better than others, probably not many women particularly want to look too eccentric -

But for guys, the lack of effort some make even for big Saturday night themed events really winds us up. If it was my club I wouldn’t let them in.

Went to 2 themed nights only 15 or so dressed up...

By *VK_RugbyCouple  over a year ago

Rugby

It’s a bit hit and miss these days, we know what you mean we remember themed parties years ago being well received and well attended.

The theme needs to be well thought out, the more original and different the better and well publicised to get a decent buy in from the people attending.

Rarely do we go to clubs nowadays but we avoid theme, dress up nights, half make the effort, half don’t bother and it all seems very childish

We go to clubs regular and personally we think the problem is they seem to be every other weekend at some clubs so people get fed up of buying new things that they can't really wear outside that theme . We don't mind them now and again but maybe making it more of a main event say 4 times a year etc ...might be more successful and more people make the effort when they do have them .xx

Mrs xx

By *aughty But Nice TwiceWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"We have been going to clubs now for over 12 years and in the early days if they had a themed party night such as uniforms , white party , lingerie if you weren’t dressed up you felt the odd one out. These days when such parties are held very few bother. Is this now old fashioned to dress for a theme or are people just not bothering to make the effort??? Be interesting to know your thoughts x"

Went to pandoras themed night last night as bat girl I love any excuse to dress up lol x

By *aughty But Nice TwiceWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

"We go to clubs regular and personally we think the problem is they seem to be every other weekend at some clubs so people get fed up of buying new things that they can't really wear outside that theme . We don't mind them now and again but maybe making it more of a main event say 4 times a year etc ...might be more successful and more people make the effort when they do have them .xx

Mrs xx "

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We always dress for the theme, but when single guys don't make an effort, they don't get anywhere with Caroline. As we say, zero effort = zero reward.

"At the No3 club we always have themed party. Think most clubs northwest always do. Check out our website for party info or get in touch -Enjoy

And do most actually dress for the theme? "

Yes we had a toga party last night and everyone made the effort ( some even hired there costumes which is an expense)

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

OMG i live a theme night !!! In fact I rarely go to a club other than a theme to dress up too

Love love love themed events and I honestly couldn't give a flying one if I was the only one that dressed up.

I've made a last minute decision to go to a club before now and not realised it's been an event, so maybe that's the case with others too?

P

We have noticed a drop in people dressing up for theme nights , we tend to hold one per month, we are interested in people’s thoughts on this, and what do people want from a theme night.

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

torremolinos

We love dressing up for themes but very few as you say do. We went to a Halloween party at a club and there was only us dressed up. We had traveled a long way and spent a long time getting ready in a hotel so to walk in and be the only ones was very disappointing.

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

From what I have seen few bother now but that’s probably because some people don’t have time to plan ahead before going to a club

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I have hosted events in more than one club and most people only seem to dress up for Christmas, Halloween or school uniform themed parties for some reason!?

Still bloody good parties though

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"At the No3 club we always have themed party. Think most clubs northwest always do. Check out our website for party info or get in touch -Enjoy

Yes we had a toga party last night and everyone made the effort ( some even hired there costumes which is an expense)

"

They hired.... a white sheet???

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Always a last minute decision to go for us but if it's a theme night we tend to avoid.

They hired.... a white sheet???"

Big enough for an orgy

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"

Hope that fancy dress shop launder things very thoroughly!

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

The club we go to still does theme nights and almost everyone dresses up. It's great fun.

By *ertscpl1 2000Couple  over a year ago

WELWYN GARDEN CITY

We find theme nights in spa type clubs are a problem great fun but you gotta take it all off too jump in the Jacuzzi..then dont wanna put it all on again !

lutterworth

Some very interesting points and comments but the overall view seems to be that less and less are making the effort xx

lutterworth

"We love dressing up for themes but very few as you say do. We went to a Halloween party at a club and there was only us dressed up. We had traveled a long way and spent a long time getting ready in a hotel so to walk in and be the only ones was very disappointing. "

So that probably made you feel the odd ones out but I hope it didn’t make you feel that way as you were appropriately dressed for the occasion x thumbs up to you xx

By *he PlaygroundsCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

"Some very interesting points and comments but the overall view seems to be that less and less are making the effort xx"

When we started our parties and events over 5 years ago, we consistently had themed party nights, the vast majority of guests always made the effort to dress with the theme, which always added to the atmosphere.

We still occasionally create themed parties, lady guests always make the effort, but unfortunately some of their male partners tend to shy away from dressing up.

We have always found the key is to create an affordable theme that guests can dress up in. The more exotic/glamorous themes are fun but don't always seem to work as well, if costumes are expensive to buy or hire.

Our guests love themes, we just don't do as many as we used to do, and now make themes a more special event x

Just our thoughts and observations xxxx

» Add a new message to this topic