FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > New Kestrels - Facts

New Kestrels - Facts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ay68 OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Oh No!

Another Kestrels thread...

This one gives you some hard facts about the new club, which I hope is helpful.

The new venue is near Heathrow Terminal 5 in West Drayton, on the site of the old Spring House Leisure Club.

This building has been home to several gyms and leisure clubs, which means the facilities are built around an indoor spa theme, like Rios, rather than a nightclub vibe like Le Boudoir or Arousals.

There is no outdoor area, so no more of the horny naked sunbathing that made Kestrels so special.

The new venue will be licensed to sell alcohol, which means we will no longer be able to bring our own booze, but will be required to buy all drinks on site.

This is different from other swingers clubs , where you can bring your own drinks, and means you can bring just what you like to drink, and it keeps the prices down.

Therefore in the new Kestrels we will have to run up a bar tab, alongside the admission fee!

The AbFabs website has some info about their new pricing structure, but not much detail, and they are hoping to open around Easter (end of April).

Many of us have received a very upbeat email from AbFabs which launches the new club.

I am going to exercise a little caution here...

Their communications leading up to the demise of the previous club were always rather vague and evasive – which is why the sudden closure came as such a bombshell.

Let’s hope that info about the new club will be more reality based and isn’t wishful thinking.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *issVeryWoman  over a year ago

streatham

Why is there 2 separate memberships if there is no outdoor space anymore?

I see they are joining ‘yearly membership’ bandwagon. As a regular at abfabs since 2012, not having to renew or worry about a membership was a perk..not so much now..

To me, I don’t understand people saying “it’s re-opening”, it’s not. It’s brand new venue with brand new policy. Abfabs is long gone.

My 2 cents..

By *iss SinWoman  over a year ago

portchester

"Why is there 2 separate memberships if there is no outdoor space anymore?

I see they are joining ‘yearly membership’ bandwagon. As a regular at abfabs since 2012, not having to renew or worry about a membership was a perk..not so much now..

To me, I don’t understand people saying “it’s re-opening”, it’s not. It’s brand new venue with brand new policy. Abfabs is long gone.

My 2 cents.."

Agree with this, bad news

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

It’s a business, not a social club. Always has been, no worse for all that but the idea that its some kind of social enterprise has always struck me as odd. If it’s well run, professional and offers something worth the money then I’m in

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Maybe we should just let it be something new then. Lots of us loved the old venue, but it's gone there is nothing we can do to bring it back.

If this is a new venture even though it's going to be very different to the last one maybe we should just open a new chapter looking forward, a brand new club with annual memberships like many other clubs, on-site bar like many of the clubs.

I used to like taking my own drink and it does keep the price down but we have to embrace what we've got and support the lifestyle if we want to have choice of venues to attend.

I would have loved the old place to still be open, but it's not, so I'm going to try the new one and hope it's awesome.

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"Maybe we should just let it be something new then. Lots of us loved the old venue, but it's gone there is nothing we can do to bring it back.

If this is a new venture even though it's going to be very different to the last one maybe we should just open a new chapter looking forward, a brand new club with annual memberships like many other clubs, on-site bar like many of the clubs.

I used to like taking my own drink and it does keep the price down but we have to embrace what we've got and support the lifestyle if we want to have choice of venues to attend.

I would have loved the old place to still be open, but it's not, so I'm going to try the new one and hope it's awesome."

Fact is, there is no local decent clubs where I am. Jaydees is nearly 2 hours away and Eurekas is not that far off the distance.

I'm hoping *crossing fingers* this will be my new second home

I miss my Kestrels friends and am hoping to make more friends at the new venue

Positive thinking people

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Any decent club must be a bonus as there is nothing worthwhile in the area at the moment.

We will see what this new enterprise offers. A successful venue comes down to the clientele and not the number of seats or rooms or outdoor facilities.

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"Any decent club must be a bonus as there is nothing worthwhile in the area at the moment.

We will see what this new enterprise offers. A successful venue comes down to the clientele and not the number of seats or rooms or outdoor facilities."

Exactly. More than anything Kestrels was a community. People made friends (and enemies). We've been a diaspora wandering around clubs and now we are excited at the prospect of finding our new home. The outdoor facilities and pool were second to none, and sadly we will have to accept that it will be a different club to the one we loved and miss.

There are a few people on here who snipe away at the new Kestrels and its progress. If that's what makes you happy then knock yourselves out.

But Kestrels is coming back and we are all excited about it.

London

A "wandering diaspora".

Love the image of homeless swingers traipsing from club to club in search of the new Abfabs!

I agree with everyone's high hopes for a new dawn in West Drayton. I have missed the old club as much as anyone. At the NYE party in 2017 my partner and I were making d*unken plans for weekly visits to Abfabs and relentless sex in the dungeon.

I hope the new place can deliver.

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

My 2 cents.."

there always was 2 memberships .... only difference, they were lifetime!

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

oston

[Removed by poster at 04/03/19 23:34:14]

oston

[Removed by poster at 04/03/19 23:33:56]

By *itch269Couple  over a year ago

Horley

We missed it so much was our favourite club and since its gone it's been a long trek to Eurekas or Chams lets hope it works and look forward to meeting friends old and new x

By *kinnyBirdWoman  over a year ago

Longford

My 2 cents..

there always was 2 memberships .... only difference, they were lifetime!"

It was only AbFab’s that had lifetime. Kestel was always an annual but was never enforced.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Any decent club must be a bonus as there is nothing worthwhile in the area at the moment.

We will see what this new enterprise offers. A successful venue comes down to the clientele and not the number of seats or rooms or outdoor facilities.

Exactly. More than anything Kestrels was a community. People made friends (and enemies). We've been a diaspora wandering around clubs and now we are excited at the prospect of finding our new home. The outdoor facilities and pool were second to none, and sadly we will have to accept that it will be a different club to the one we loved and miss.

There are a few people on here who snipe away at the new Kestrels and its progress. If that's what makes you happy then knock yourselves out.

But Kestrels is coming back and we are all excited about it."

It’s very exciting and we look forward to it.

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

[Removed by poster at 05/03/19 11:38:17]

Sutton

Kestrels was special, however, as has been said previously this will be a new place with a new vibe.

In regard to a paid bar the defunct and equally missed Tease 2 had one that worked well because it had sensible bar prices.

If the new venue has a dungeon, plenty of lockable rooms,the same opening times, sensible pricing structure and friendly staff, count me in.

Hopefully if they re-start HDZ it will not be priced on a gender basis.

By *heeseandWineCouple  over a year ago

Reading and Southampton

"Kestrels was special, however, as has been said previously this will be a new place with a new vibe.

In regard to a paid bar the defunct and equally missed Tease 2 had one that worked well because it had sensible bar prices.

If the new venue has a dungeon, plenty of lockable rooms,the same opening times, sensible pricing structure and friendly staff, count me in.

Hopefully if they re-start HDZ it will not be priced on a gender basis."

Count us in too

By *bw_lover33Man  over a year ago

Croydon

Im going to the site tomorrow to see if there is any evidence to this.

The pool in photo is the old springwell health club so least we have all established the site it's on.

I would love to be proven wrong guys and if i am, then i apolagise for my last post.

Let's see!!!!

"Im going to the site tomorrow to see if there is any evidence to this.

The pool in photo is the old springwell health club so least we have all established the site it's on.

I would love to be proven wrong guys and if i am, then i apolagise for my last post.

Let's see!!!!"

I'm guessing that photo of the pool in the email is not current, the place has been empty for years so it's probably empty and full of c..., I do also have my doubts over their time schedule though. A lot of movement over the past couple of days at the old and new sites

By *aptain VMan  over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

I look forward to the opening of the new place. Disappointed that the old place closed but let's hope the new place hits the ground running soon

Can't wait to hear the reviews once it's opened

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

Maybe I'm being niave here but how much do people think they actually have to do here? If showers, toilets, lockers, saunas, steam rooms, a kitchen, a reception desk and the pool are already in place, why do people think they can't do the rest by Easter? Big, open aerobics room is a ready-made dance floor. Just leaves sectioning off the other big room to create play rooms. Am I being overly optimistic here?

I may have been one of the negative posters on here about the timescale but Jonny is right, if the basics are there then a decent handyman team could knock it into shape in a few weeks, Easter is 5 / 6 weeks away ? It could be done, just passed the new place, the outside needs cleaning and tidying that's about all

Bring it on

Longford

Let's see!!!!"

Lol. I have the keys in my hand.

Let's see!!!!

Lol. I have the keys in my hand. "

I've just driven past, can I come back and sign up ??

Twickenham

Let's see!!!!

A massive WOOOOHHOOOOOO

Well done!

By *ingersmalloyMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Superb , can't wait for opening of new Abfabs xx

By *andtsurreyCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

"Im going to the site tomorrow to see if there is any evidence to this"

Really?? Isn't that a bit sad? Why not let them just get on with it. If you are that negative about the club just forget all about it and go somewhere else.

When and if the new club opens we will go along and see what it's like. Surely that's better than slagging it off before it gets off the ground.

T

Heathrowish

That's because he is constantly plugging Zeus, which most of us who have tried it will agree, just doesn't really cut it.

Roll on the opening of the new club.

By *andfCouple  over a year ago

twickenham

i went to the original opening night of abfabs many moons ago i think there were just 10 people there

loved the place for many years and we are really overdue its return

pleased for graham too

By *issVeryWoman  over a year ago

streatham

If it’s “re-opening” as opposed to being a brand new club..why is my lifetime membership not valid anymore?

Longford

"If it’s “re-opening” as opposed to being a brand new club..why is my lifetime membership not valid anymore?"

Your ‘Lifetime Membership’ was to AbFabParties. AbFabParties is no longer, so your lifetime membership has come to the end of its life.

Twickenham

"If it’s “re-opening” as opposed to being a brand new club..why is my lifetime membership not valid anymore?

Your ‘Lifetime Membership’ was to AbFabParties. AbFabParties is no longer, so your lifetime membership has come to the end of its life. "

So does that mean I should bin all my old Kestrels and Ab Fab cards?

By *itch269Couple  over a year ago

Horley

Well said and you know we all want it to succeed as no doubt the area needs a great club again we had so much fun there and want to be part of it again xxx

By *rof_cplCouple  over a year ago

Gerrards Cross

"AbFabParties is no longer, so your lifetime membership has come to the end of its life. "

Not worried about having to pay again but I do hope there will be party nights like AbfabParties. We never went to Kestrels during the day but loved Abfabs on Saturday nights.

By *armite6774Couple  over a year ago

Southampton

I really hope the club owners see what you keep putting and give you a life time ban as no club needs people like you ranting about clubs and this is not the only club you have said things about

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"…………………………………….

Abfab will not advertise this club ……………………."

Is a website not advertising? The club won`t be listed on here due to the fall out they had between them but they can hardly put a full page advert in the local papers and list employment at the local job centre!

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

"I really hope the club owners see what you keep putting and give you a life time ban as no club needs people like you ranting about clubs and this is not the only club you have said things about "

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 06/03/19 10:53:46]

"…………………………………….

Abfab will not advertise this club …………………….

Is a website not advertising? The club won`t be listed on here due to the fall out they had between them but they can hardly put a full page advert in the local papers and list employment at the local job centre!"

Why can't they advertise locally ?? It's front of house and basic hospitality jobs they are advertising, it's not illegal

Heathrowish

"…………………………………….

Is a website not advertising? The club won`t be listed on here due to the fall out they had between them but they can hardly put a full page advert in the local papers and list employment at the local job centre!

Why can't they advertise locally ?? It's front of house and basic hospitality jobs they are advertising, it's not illegal "

They will do what they feel they need to do and not what we would speculate about with no knowledge of the business......

"…………………………………….

Why can't they advertise locally ?? It's front of house and basic hospitality jobs they are advertising, it's not illegal

They will do what they feel they need to do and not what we would speculate about with no knowledge of the business......"

Longford

"I really hope the club owners see what you keep putting and give you a life time ban as no club needs people like you ranting about clubs and this is not the only club you have said things about "

We can see.

I’m looking forward to the new venue as I still think the old venue was fantastic but the new one certainly is an all weather venues. And will be much busier is the winter.

The dungeon I hope will be back

[Removed by poster at 06/03/19 11:28:12]

Let's see!!!!

Excellent and we look forward to the opening ceremony, how will we celebrate!

London

Thanks for all the feedback. The consensus seems to be that those of us who used the old Abfabs/ Kestrels are looking forward with optimism to the new club and are keeping an open mind until we see what is actually on offer. The standard of clubs is variable, to say the least, so fingers crossed that this will be a 5 star new venue!

I always thought their old website was pretty poor, so I am going to offer to help with the new one...actions speak louder than words after all!!

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

When I know the date of the first HDZ I’ll plan to come down for a few days

hiding from cock pics.

"

You should upload a picture, and add text to say it's the keys.

I think it would get quite a lot of fabs!

"When I know the date of the first HDZ I’ll plan to come down for a few days "

Oh yes I do hope so

By *ina and SamCouple  over a year ago

newcastle / leyburn

Think the Claws need to retract and judge the new club when it opens,

Good luck

By *ipplebarnyMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

I am certainly looking forward to seeing the new club

Just wondered what will parking be like ?

Longford

"…………………………………….

Why can't they advertise locally ?? It's front of house and basic hospitality jobs they are advertising, it's not illegal "

Because it’s within the sex industry we have too many restrictions going via the usual routes.

"…………………………………….

Because it’s within the sex industry we have too many restrictions going via the usual routes. "

Plus this way people know what to expect!

"I am certainly looking forward to seeing the new club

Just wondered what will parking be like ?"

Been down that road a few times it's going to be tight, new venue doesn't hold as many cars compared to the previous.. Looked at the plans few months back. Sure we will all manage, Remember there's always a hotel next door so plus point for those travelling distances. Kinda reminds me of xastia in a way

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

Oooh just caught up and saw the email and this thread.

I am really hoping this goes well. The photo of the old club looks nice.

It could be an amazing opening night party

V x

I wish the club all the best and I'll be there opening night and many nights after that I'm sure. I missed the old club a lot and can't wait for it to receive open. The membership is only £10 a head and in the grand scheme of things that's not a lot.

As long as their drinks are reasonable and they have good brandy in stock then I'll be a happy bunny. (Corvosier)

Yes it doesn't have outdoor facilities but it will have everything else. I'd compare the new place to xststia like my bf trim has.

I am looking forward too seeing old and new faces in the new place.

By *n2cplCouple  over a year ago

swindon

yay !

What do you need to do to get on the email list ? We were members for a good few years. Day visits rather than party nights tho ....

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

I only attended Kestrals and Abfabs 3-4 times each summer over around 6-7 years, but loved it. It's been much missed, and there are not enough UK clubs with outdoor areas for those of us who love to swing in the wind, apart from Eurekas. But with the closure of Mingles too, a completely different type of club, but one I also always had a great time at, the new Kestrals/Abfabs will feel like a "new signing"of a player whose been out injured! Clubs are made by the clientele as one person said, but also by the owners, who haven't changed, so if they do the same great job, this will be a fabulous "new old" addition to the lifestyle scene. Also, the venue is perfect for the anyone drinking and wanting to stay locally with all the Heathrow hotels to choose from. That's a real bonus to my mind as i travel from Essex.

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"yay !

What do you need to do to get on the email list ? We were members for a good few years. Day visits rather than party nights tho ...."

Google Abfab parties

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

I feel they should have a reduced charge for former members allowing them to make an informed choice on wether they want to take out membership. They are labelling it abfabs and Kestrels, so there is an air of expectancy that there are going to be similarities (outside space to one side) of the facilities.

What say you Abfabs/Kestrel owners?

Twickenham

"I feel they should have a reduced charge for former members allowing them to make an informed choice on wether they want to take out membership. They are labelling it abfabs and Kestrels, so there is an air of expectancy that there are going to be similarities (outside space to one side) of the facilities.

What say you Abfabs/Kestrel owners? "

Maybe there will be day memberships to allow you to try before committing to paying £10 for your membership

I for one cannot wait xxx

Heathrowish

£10 isn't exactly a fortune even if the membership is only used once.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"£10 isn't exactly a fortune even if the membership is only used once.

"

No it's not, but it's just a nice idea for ex loyal folk to have a try before you buy gesture...

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I feel they should have a business model which allows them to survive.

It's effectively a new club. They have put huge sums of money into it, for our benefit.

£10 membership fee is next to nothing. It was the £50 entry fee for a single man that was a bit strong before!

hiding from cock pics.

"£10 membership fee is next to nothing. It was the £50 entry fee for a single man that was a bit strong before!"

When it opens maybe they will have cheaper entrance charges, as now they will be able to make some money from food and drink sales, but I'm sure that they will do their very best to provide value and of course, it's your money you choose where to spend it.

No one has to go to any club.

london

There’s a massive difference now though, previously it was their own property, now there’s rent to pay and other overheads. A quiet month will be a problem, there will be little room for gestures. If we want a decent club with some longevity then it will cost, I doubt they will attract the numbers that a gym would

Gerrards Cross

It's strange, there are many questions we've all probably asked ourselves at some point, like whether we want to see our partners with other people? Whether we're happy with the risk of STDs, even if we only soft swap without protection? Like what happens if I bump into somebody I know at a club? etc. etc.

Attending a club liek this is a fairly big deal for most people, but one thing we've never really considered an issue was the price of entrance. It's so cheap compared to pretty much any other kind of entertainment that it doesn't even really come into it and I always find it strange when people complain about membership costs.

"It's strange, there are many questions we've all probably asked ourselves at some point, like whether we want to see our partners with other people? Whether we're happy with the risk of STDs, even if we only soft swap without protection? Like what happens if I bump into somebody I know at a club? etc. etc.

Attending a club liek this is a fairly big deal for most people, but one thing we've never really considered an issue was the price of entrance. It's so cheap compared to pretty much any other kind of entertainment that it doesn't even really come into it and I always find it strange when people complain about membership costs."

Very good point and questions.

Apart from the bumping into someone I know...lol

Doesnt bother me at all, they are there for same reason as me

By *icearmsMan  over a year ago

KIDLINGTON

It feels like we just need to wait until it opens and more details come out. It's a new venture but with same name, so all going to be different and take time to bed in..

I'm looking forward to see what they've come up with and I'm sure with the same customer base as before it'll be fun...

By *uardiansCouple  over a year ago

Isle of Wight

Can't wait, so excited to be getting kestrels back.

Why do so many people expect something on the cheap? Just be happy there's a new club in the area.

Best of luck to the owners and see you soon

Going to have to pop over and have a look. Wish the owners all the best with new club. Loved the old place but we have to move with the times.

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

Be good to see some old faces

By *hycouple18Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

As long they got nice big dark room like last place all will be well lol ??

I have it from a very good source that it will have the same facilities as the old place, apart from the outdoor part and I know they are even working on exploring options for that too. Can’t wait to attend and see some familiar faces.

London

"I have it from a very good source that it will have the same facilities as the old place, apart from the outdoor part and I know they are even working on exploring options for that too. Can’t wait to attend and see some familiar faces. "

Don't be coy...what is your "very good source"? And why are they especially reliable ?

I have this post the title; New Kestrels - Facts deliberately to avoid the speculation that has made other posts unhelpful.

Does your source know precisely what the facilities will be at the new club?

Let's have some facts please

Skinny Bird has the keys and has contributed to this thread several times. You can’t get more reliable than that

Looking forward to enjoying their pool and joining as soon as it opens.

Xx

By *orgeous_sexCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Can’t wait and we’ll done to the owners!

There’s some proper tight people on here wanting to look before spending a tenner! Lol

The old club everyone moaned about the cold outdoor areas and now moan about no outdoor areas! The fact that we can all get naked, relax and have fun is the key

By *aucySecretCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

We really missed Kestrals. We only started going towards the end but it was our daytime escape!

Looking forward to spending some time at the new venue and relaxing!

Gerrards Cross

"I have it from a very good source that it will have the same facilities as the old place "

Cinema?

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

This is the very best news. We cannot wait to get back to it!

I can not wait for it to open

Graham is a lovely guy and I wish them every success. He's fought hard and deserves to make another success of the Phoenix Abfab. We will visit it as soon as it opens and I'm sure it will be great.

(Hi Graham BTW "waves"). He is reading this post guys.

"Graham is a lovely guy and I wish them every success. He's fought hard and deserves to make another success of the Phoenix Abfab. We will visit it as soon as it opens and I'm sure it will be great.

(Hi Graham BTW "waves"). He is reading this post guys. "

It will surely be a great success with its great location and facilities. So many people are looking forward to its return!

Anyone going to help clean and clearing out the new venue X

By *urse234Woman  over a year ago

somewhere in Essex

"Anyone going to help clean and clearing out the new venue X "

I was thinking about it, however it will take me ages to get there

X

"Anyone going to help clean and clearing out the new venue X

I was thinking about it, however it will take me ages to get there

X"

I don’t drive and with family at weekends or I’d happy help

By *oul BrothaMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy far far away

I for one cannot wait for the club to open, and meet some new faces.

Glad the owners are back on their feet

By *ipplebarnyMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"yay !

What do you need to do to get on the email list ? We were members for a good few years. Day visits rather than party nights tho ...."

i think can just leave detail email address etc on the kestrel website

By *arl 50Man  over a year ago

Colnbrook

I cannot wait for it to open , nothing descent around here have to schlep to BGHS or Eurekas. I Don't care if it's not the same old Kestrels/Abfabs , embrace the change live for the now and not the past so looking forward to seeing and meeting the wonderful people that will make this club no doubt a success

By *heeseandWineCouple  over a year ago

Reading and Southampton

"Can't wait, so excited to be getting kestrels back.

Why do so many people expect something on the cheap? Just be happy there's a new club in the area.

Best of luck to the owners and see you soon "

We agree

Sutton

"Can't wait, so excited to be getting kestrels back.

Best of luck to the owners and see you soon We agree "

By *erksboyMan  over a year ago

maidenhead

This is great news .Well done Graham

am looking forward to meeting many of the old members again and I do hope

most of the previous staff will be looking after us. Remember Graham

was always making improvements to the

club so give him lots of support

Haarry

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

London

Really looking forward to this. An annual £10 membership fee is nothing and am effectively treating it as a new club. Slight shame about the outdoor aspect, but I'm sure the facilities on offer will be great.

Thanks to whoever has offered to help out with the website, as that was also an aspect of Kestrels/AbFabs that needed improvement.

By *ussexcpl7984Couple  over a year ago

Storrington

Anyone know if thay going to have a dark room like the old one

"Anyone know if thay going to have a dark room like the old one "

I LOVED the darkroom!

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

"Anyone know if thay going to have a dark room like the old one

I LOVED the darkroom! "

Oh yes you did

By *ussexcpl7984Couple  over a year ago

Storrington

Us to and the glory hole

It’s all in planning stages but I am shore that will maybe a Male and Female glory hole VA club has both.

london

New email asking for help. I do hope that those helping will get some kind of thanks beyond all the tea they can drink.

london

[Removed by poster at 11/03/19 14:37:02]

"New email asking for help. I do hope that those helping will get some kind of thanks beyond all the tea they can drink. "

Some of us are happy to help regardless of the amount of tea on offer!

What I can say is that Kestrels re opening is reward enough and it’s looking very encouraging.

oston

"New email asking for help. I do hope that those helping will get some kind of thanks beyond all the tea they can drink.

What I can say is that Kestrels re opening is reward enough and it’s looking very encouraging."

Agreed absolutely, anything we can do to get it up and running means we can go there sooner.

Also a £10 annual fee is fine by me, These guys need to make the Business side successful or it won't be around long

london

"New email asking for help. I do hope that those helping will get some kind of thanks beyond all the tea they can drink.

What I can say is that Kestrels re opening is reward enough and it’s looking very encouraging.

Agreed absolutely, anything we can do to get it up and running means we can go there sooner.

Also a £10 annual fee is fine by me, These guys need to make the Business side successful or it won't be around long

"

Well yes, as I’ve said on other threads. It’s a business, not a charity. Ive no issue with them charging enough to cover costs and make a living. On that basis do you not think they should give something to those volunteering as a show of thanks?

Longford

[Removed by poster at 11/03/19 18:55:55]

Longford

"

How do you know they are not?

london

How do you know they are not?"

I don’t know, I hope they do receive something. That’s all. The email wasn’t clear

Longford

I don’t know, I hope they do receive something. That’s all. The email wasn’t clear "

I’m sure it was more they needed help and not people turning up looking for a freebie.

Well I for one can't wait to go and check out the new venue I really don't think shelling out a tenner for a new membership is something to moan about - let's all get behind this new project and support it as we were all so sad to see the old place close.

Yes I am sad that there isn't any sunbathing space but I am sure the team will make the facilities fabulous inside and it will be great to have another night time party venue in the south east.

Roll on opening day!

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

Setting up and running a big club is going to be expensive so I for one don’t begrudge the new £10 joining fee as it will go into the set up costs!

I also don’t mind buying drinks which will also go towards the running of the club and heating pool etc!

I can’t wait to hear what facilities they will have and if it’s as good as old one we will be there

By *andsomeMan456789Man  over a year ago

crowthorne

[Removed by poster at 12/03/19 09:55:40]

london

"Setting up and running a big club is going to be expensive so I for one don’t begrudge the new £10 joining fee as it will go into the set up costs!

I also don’t mind buying drinks which will also go towards the running of the club and heating pool etc!

I can’t wait to hear what facilities they will have and if it’s as good as old one we will be there "

Agreed, I don’t mind paying for a decent club. £10, that’s really not much.

I don’t know, I hope they do receive something. That’s all. The email wasn’t clear

I’m sure it was more they needed help and not people turning up looking for a freebie. "

I for one have happily given them some help for free and with no expectation.

Yes it is a business but I think Graham and co deserve all the help they can get and for me personally, the reward will be having a very good club available to me once again.

London

I’m sure it was more they needed help and not people turning up looking for a freebie.

I for one have happily given them some help for free and with no expectation.

Yes it is a business but I think Graham and co deserve all the help they can get and for me personally, the reward will be having a very good club available to me once again."

hiding from cock pics.

We have the chance of a new club,run by an experienced group of hosts, we will need to pay 2 x £10 membership fees, for an all year all day and most night venue.

It's a wonderful thing to happen for the scene, and if they are asking for help because they are well known in the community and in need of help, then if we can help them I believe we should help them.

Why people are negative I really just don't understand, if you don't want to go, then simply take your business elsewhere but why be negative about something that will benefit the swinging community is beyond me.

Well well well... look what we have here! Saving this thread to read later. When I was new on the scene this was one of my favourite go to places. AbFab/Kestrels by far one of the best clubs in the country. Top 5 and believe me I know. I will always recommend them. Many happy memories. One of the bases where strong friendships were formed.

Thank you x

Heathrowish

"We have the chance of a new club,run by an experienced group of hosts, we will need to pay 2 x £10 membership fees, for an all year all day and most night venue.

It's a wonderful thing to happen for the scene, and if they are asking for help because they are well known in the community and in need of help, then if we can help them I believe we should help them.

Why people are negative I really just don't understand, if you don't want to go, then simply take your business elsewhere but why be negative about something that will benefit the swinging community is beyond me.

"

"We have the chance of a new club,run by an experienced group of hosts, we will need to pay 2 x £10 membership fees, for an all year all day and most night venue.

"

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I don`t want to sound negative in saying this but I wouldn`t be surprised if this place opens but not everything is up and running properly or areas not even open for use. This is not a bad thing as at least money will be coming in to pay for some of the work done or even help pay for the rest to be opened quicker!

Hope all`s successful for you!

Our 2 pence

As a club member first and and party hosts for the old club 2nd we are very pleased that they have a new venue.

We helped on Sunday and was very impressed in what we are all going to enjoy.

Some facts for you.

Dungeon yes, glory holes yes communal social area, bar with reasonable prices, the wooden shacks yes, a massive dance floor with poles and maybe curtains, canteen area and lots of other areas to explore.

I for one don’t mind paying a new yearly membership fee.

I know we will be back helping this weekend. Let’s get this place open so we can all enjoy the facilities

Thanks to all the team in getting this new venue.

By *oul BrothaMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy far far away

Great updates.

I feel pretty stupid throwing away my old card now.

I havnt been to a club since kestrels closed, cant wait untill the new venue opens, good luck with it, im sure it will be a success.

By *exyparadiseWoman  over a year ago

Top secret

[Removed by poster at 12/03/19 20:41:54]

Top secret

"Our 2 pence

As a club member first and and party hosts for the old club 2nd we are very pleased that they have a new venue.

Some facts for you.

Dungeon yes, glory holes yes communal social area, bar with reasonable prices, the wooden shacks yes, a massive dance floor with poles and maybe curtains, canteen area and lots of other areas to explore.

I know we will be back helping this weekend. Let’s get this place open so we can all enjoy the facilities

Thanks to all the team in getting this new venue. "

I will be back helping tomorrow. It will be a great place again!

oston

[Removed by poster at 12/03/19 23:00:54]

oston

How do you know they are not?"

I agree with the earlier post that getting the club up and running is reward enough. If someone asks for a favour I don't tend to ask what's in it for me. Now just to try and wangle some time off so I can do my bit

I’m sure it was more they needed help and not people turning up looking for a freebie. "

Skinnybird I mailed to say I was available all day yesterday to help out and only got an automated response, didn't know whether just to turn up advice please

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

Think I'll stick with hellfire.

By *oiretblancCouple  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 13/03/19 11:01:49]

London

"Our 2 pence

Some facts for you.

Thank you so much for this

This is exactly why I started this Post in the first place - to get some hard info about the new club.

These facilities sound very impressive...can't wait to try them out.

By *nvisible_manMan  over a year ago

TWICKENHAM

"Think I'll stick with hellfire."

Thanks for sharing.

[Removed by poster at 13/03/19 11:34:14]

Skinnybird I mailed to say I was available all day yesterday to help out and only got an automated response, didn't know whether just to turn up advice please "

I would advise against just turning up as they have their hands full and really need specific people for specific jobs.

By *usty and LustyCouple  over a year ago

Fleet

Fingers crossed that they deliver.

London

"Think I'll stick with hellfire.

Thanks for sharing."

Was just thinking the same!

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

You do that.

Leave this club to the real players. Not the bar-fly pretenders.

"You do that.

Leave this club to the real players. Not the bar-fly pretenders."

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Yay for a dungeon!! I need to plan ahead to visit for its opening - any rough idea on timing?

Sutton

"Yay for a dungeon!! I need to plan ahead to visit for its opening - any rough idea on timing? "

Yay for the dungeon.

"Yay for a dungeon!! I need to plan ahead to visit for its opening - any rough idea on timing? "

They haven’t committed to an opening date but when I’ve been round they are working really hard to get it into shape.

By *emel9Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

As the old club closed so suddenly, and this club will be very different, I would like to see some loyalty shown to the members of the old club.

If you turn up with an old Kestrels or AbFabs card I don't think you should be forced to join on your first visit. I think you should be allowed to pay entry, sus out the new club and see if it's a club for you.

If it is you can then join, if not it would be sad, but that would seem a nice thing to do for the members that were loyal customers in the past.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

"As the old club closed so suddenly, and this club will be very different, I would like to see some loyalty shown to the members of the old club.

If you turn up with an old Kestrels or AbFabs card I don't think you should be forced to join on your first visit. I think you should be allowed to pay entry, sus out the new club and see if it's a club for you.

If it is you can then join, if not it would be sad, but that would seem a nice thing to do for the members that were loyal customers in the past."

I'm sure there will be a website with details of the new club and it's facilities.

My first thought was that old members might be offered a deal, but I quickly realised this is effectively a new club. The owners have put in a lot of money and time, and it is a business not a charity. If we want the new "Kestrels" to succeed long term we all need to support it from the first visit.

A tenner isn't even two pints if beer in London these days.

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

"As the old club closed so suddenly, and this club will be very different, I would like to see some loyalty shown to the members of the old club.

If it is you can then join, if not it would be sad, but that would seem a nice thing to do for the members that were loyal customers in the past.

I'm sure there will be a website with details of the new club and it's facilities.

My first thought was that old members might be offered a deal, but I quickly realised this is effectively a new club. The owners have put in a lot of money and time, and it is a business not a charity. If we want the new "Kestrels" to succeed long term we all need to support it from the first visit.

A tenner isn't even two pints if beer in London these days. "

If the owners have put in a lot of money, why are they asking for free help from builders and others to clean the place?

I assume they will be supplying protective clothing and full h&s briefings on how to use the cleaning materials!

Will they have public liability insurance in place in case of accidents?

People it's been a long year since Kestrels closed. If you followed the court case after they cloiand read about the size of the fine they had to pay, I think that like me you would be surprised that they have come back for more.

The expense of setting this up would be high, just the business rates alone would put me off never mind the insurance costs.

Nothing has filled the void left since Kestrels closed, there's no other club that is in the area that's open 7 days a week.

This is a new club, the old Kestrels is gone, the membership prices are much cheaper than going anywhere else.

People it's a new club, we were lucky to know the old kestrel's but we paid our entrance fees for our visits and enjoyed what we paid for.

I am looking forward to visiting the new club.

Thank goodness that the owners are risking their money on a new business venture that we want

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

"People it's been a long year since Kestrels closed. If you followed the court case after they cloiand read about the size of the fine they had to pay, I think that like me you would be surprised that they have come back for more.

The expense of setting this up would be high, just the business rates alone would put me off never mind the insurance costs.

Nothing has filled the void left since Kestrels closed, there's no other club that is in the area that's open 7 days a week.

This is a new club, the old Kestrels is gone, the membership prices are much cheaper than going anywhere else.

People it's a new club, we were lucky to know the old kestrel's but we paid our entrance fees for our visits and enjoyed what we paid for.

Thank goodness that the owners are risking their money on a new business venture that we want"

Top secret

We all have a choice which Club we choose to attend! For me Adfabs/Kestrels was the best from the few Clubs i have attended.. lets just Embrace a New Club opening and move on.. See you there for a Cocktail

Top secret

"People it's been a long year since Kestrels closed. If you followed the court case after they cloiand read about the size of the fine they had to pay, I think that like me you would be surprised that they have come back for more.

Thank goodness that the owners are risking their money on a new business venture that we want"

I cant wait for this place to open. We need this, and soon

London

"We all have a choice which Club we choose to attend! For me Adfabs/Kestrels was the best from the few Clubs i have attended.. lets just Embrace a New Club opening and move on.. See you there for a Cocktail "

"We all have a choice which Club we choose to attend! For me Adfabs/Kestrels was the best from the few Clubs i have attended.. lets just Embrace a New Club opening and move on.. See you there for a Cocktail

"

"We all have a choice which Club we choose to attend! For me Adfabs/Kestrels was the best from the few Clubs i have attended.. lets just Embrace a New Club opening and move on.. See you there for a Cocktail "

The first round is on me

oston

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Still going to be full of rude men with no social skills or the understanding of etiquette, hunting in packs and following women around like a pack of wolves.

I assume that the owners won't enforce club rules in favour of money?

Sorry for sounding negative but nothing I have said is an untruth regards the old club.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Not to mention west Drayton isn't exactly easy to get around,it's pretty congested.

"Not to mention west Drayton isn't exactly easy to get around,it's pretty congested."

It’s on the A4 next to premier inn. Very easy to get to. As for packs of men umm it would be on a single guy night not like that on couples night

Southampton

"Not to mention west Drayton isn't exactly easy to get around,it's pretty congested."
what ever club you go to you will get the rude and pushy guys but you also get the rude and arrogant couples at clubs but I can't understand there someone willing to invest in a new club for everyone to use and injoy and their people moning about were it is and paying a £10 membership if you don't like what the new club is all about then keep going to the other clubs what don't really offer that much sorry rant over

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

"Our 2 pence

Some facts for you.

Sounds like it’s gonna be superb!

Is there much parking? Would we be able to stay in motor home like before?

Also are they having the cinema again?

I understand this point, however from a single guy perspective, I only ever went when work meant I was in the area so was always a single guy. Not wanting to be labelled as one of the 'rude guys' I'd generally say hello to everyone but was often ignored or given a contemptuous look and then ignored. Maybe it was just me.

I'm looking forward to the new club, it's very close to the hotel I stay in when in the area for work.

"Our 2 pence

Some facts for you.

Also are they having the cinema again?"

Yes to a Cinema. As for parking there is a small car park and you can park on the road outside but I have not seen any spare when I have been but I’m sure you should be able to park your motor home nearby

West Drayton postcode but nowhere near it, it's a 5 minute drive from the old place

"I understand this point, however from a single guy perspective, I only ever went when work meant I was in the area so was always a single guy. Not wanting to be labelled as one of the 'rude guys' I'd generally say hello to everyone but was often ignored or given a contemptuous look and then ignored. Maybe it was just me.

I'm looking forward to the new club, it's very close to the hotel I stay in when in the area for work."

It wasn't just you. The number of death-glares I had for daring to open my mouth was ridiculous.

By *eriousGuyABCMan  over a year ago

( WEST OF ) Chippenham ish

"

That may be true for ladies or couples, but when I went to the old venue a single guy was £60 as I remember

That may be true for ladies or couples, but when I went to the old venue a single guy was £60 as I remember "

That was the entry fee, membership was a lot less.

Sutton

[Removed by poster at 15/03/19 15:12:01]

That may be true for ladies or couples, but when I went to the old venue a single guy was £60 as I remember

That was the entry fee, membership was a lot less."

Never forget that attendance at this great club is optional!

Sutton

The daily entry for male members and couples was £40, and I think women was £20.

I think for the Friday parties it was £60 For male members and £70 for new male members. Couples who were members were £40 on a Friday and Saturday, a bit more for new couples.

Feel free to correct me.

"Our 2 pence

Some facts for you.

Yes to a Cinema. As for parking there is a small car park and you can park on the road outside but I have not seen any spare when I have been but I’m sure you should be able to park your motor home nearby "

What about Dark Room....that was our fave room

Longford

"The daily entry for male members and couples was £40, and I think women was £20.

I think for the Friday parties it was £60 For male members and £70 for new male members. Couples who were members were £40 on a Friday and Saturday, a bit more for new couples.

Feel free to correct me."

Not far off. Always cheaper for couples and ladies. Never been to a club where it’s not.

It was £10 membership each AbFab

Ladies £10

Couple £30 on door / £25 pre booked on a Friday

Couples Saturday £40

Gents £60 Friday

Daytime was £40 couples (might have been £30)

£50 gents (might have been £40)

£10 ladies

Again with £10 membership each

Longford

"Our 2 pence

Some facts for you.

Yes to a Cinema. As for parking there is a small car park and you can park on the road outside but I have not seen any spare when I have been but I’m sure you should be able to park your motor home nearby

What about Dark Room....that was our fave room "

Yes a dark room.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

It will be great to have another club within easy driving distance - we enjoyed going to Abfabs in the past & will give this one a go when its open. Good luck with it

Canford Cliffs

"The daily entry for male members and couples was £40, and I think women was £20.

Feel free to correct me.

Daytime was £30 Couples £40 single men.

There there also a day pass available.

Not far off. Always cheaper for couples and ladies. Never been to a club where it’s not.

Ladies £10

Couples Saturday £40

Gents £60 Friday

£10 ladies

"

Canford Cliffs

Feel free to correct me.

Daytime was £30 Couples £40 single men.

There there also a day pass available.

Ladies £10

Couples Saturday £40

Gents £60 Friday

£10 ladies

"