FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Disabled discrimination

Disabled discrimination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok I’m half of a couple who wants to swing but we don’t seem to be able to arrange a meet as all of a sudden the other couple disappear or they can’t make it! So a club seems the next step forward however the nearest club to us that I can get in is in Yeovil! #frustrated what do we do anyone got any ideas?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Ok I’m half of a couple who wants to swing but we don’t seem to be able to arrange a meet as all of a sudden the other couple disappear or they can’t make it! So a club seems the next step forward however the nearest club to us that I can get in is in Yeovil! #frustrated what do we do anyone got any ideas?"

Whats wrong with angels?

"Ok I’m half of a couple who wants to swing but we don’t seem to be able to arrange a meet as all of a sudden the other couple disappear or they can’t make it! So a club seems the next step forward however the nearest club to us that I can get in is in Yeovil! #frustrated what do we do anyone got any ideas?

Stairs lol I can’t walk!

Whats wrong with angels?"

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Op many clubs are in buildings which are on multiple levels, hence are not good for people with restricted mobility. Unfortunately, due to the nature of these buildings, many of which are very old and none purpose built, the owners are unable to make adjustments to make them more accessible.

However, I have seen on here about one club which is fully wheelchair accessible. One half of the couple who own it is a wheelchair user. Sadly, I can’t remember the name of the club

"Op many clubs are in buildings which are on multiple levels, hence are not good for people with restricted mobility. Unfortunately, due to the nature of these buildings, many of which are very old and none purpose built, the owners are unable to make adjustments to make them more accessible.

However, I have seen on here about one club which is fully wheelchair accessible. One half of the couple who own it is a wheelchair user. Sadly, I can’t remember the name of the club"

Thank you

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Op many clubs are in buildings which are on multiple levels, hence are not good for people with restricted mobility. Unfortunately, due to the nature of these buildings, many of which are very old and none purpose built, the owners are unable to make adjustments to make them more accessible.

However, I have seen on here about one club which is fully wheelchair accessible. One half of the couple who own it is a wheelchair user. Sadly, I can’t remember the name of the club

Thank you "

A quick forum search tells me that the club is Quest in Leeds. A long way from you but maybe worth a weekend away sometime if you fancy it

By *osmosgirlWoman  over a year ago

Wetherby

Thank you "

Quest in Leeds is wheelchair friendly. It's all on one floor. I appreciate it's a fair hike for you but you could maybe have a road trip.

By *cgkcCouple  over a year ago

Hitchin

I'm wondering whether VA is. All on one level, pretty certain there is a ramp in reception.

I think the only non-accessible area would be the back couples room.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've seen wheelchair users at VA too. Unless you're staying overnight and the hotel rooms are upstairs it's pretty much all on one level

By *r an Mrs xMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Quest in Leeds ...... clubs can’t be done with discrimination. There all private members clubs and don’t have to abide with disabled or gender discrimination legislation

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Can provide access to half the club here, the dance area, bar, playrooms. The chill lounge, dogging area and jacuzzi are all steps to, so no good really. By appointment as I need to open rear gates etc.

Thanks everyone for your replies where is VA?

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

VA is definitely 90% wheelchair accessible, slightly closer to you keep an eye on the new Kestrels near Heathrow as I think the forums are suggesting it’s a ‘new’ conversion of a gym or something so may well suit you when finished.

Thank you xx

By *teed99Man  over a year ago

Kettering

"Thanks everyone for your replies where is VA? "

The Vanilla Alternative is by the side of the A1 in Tempsford, Bedfordshire. There are ramps to access reception and from there, the bar, snug, hot tub area and main playroom are all on one level. The only steps are in the lower half of the couples only room and to gain access to The Tempsford Room where the fetish equipment is located. In both cases, it's only 2 steps.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

One club you can definitely cross off your list of potential possibilities is Chameleons in the West Midlands! Two steps to get in, three steps to the jaccuzzis, a staircase to the changing room, and a second to get to the top floor!

Shame as it`s otherwise such a great club!

There’s eurekas when it’s warmer, thats relatively flat I think?

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Ok I’m half of a couple who wants to swing but we don’t seem to be able to arrange a meet as all of a sudden the other couple disappear or they can’t make it! So a club seems the next step forward however the nearest club to us that I can get in is in Yeovil! #frustrated what do we do anyone got any ideas?"

Label your OP differently ?

By *OXO2018Couple  over a year ago

Norfolk

I’m (Lou) disabled and not had any problems at VA intact we love it there.

I know the annex has disabled access but is a bit out of your way.

By *he Bi Fun ClubCouple  over a year ago

Kings Cross

" clubs can’t be done with discrimination. There all private members clubs and don’t have to abide with disabled or gender discrimination legislation "

Wrong. There is no protection for private members clubs with disabled or gender discrimination

Reasonable provision has to be made for disabled guests but in existing buildings the cost and structure often makes this impossible so they can continue operating.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

" clubs can’t be done with discrimination. There all private members clubs and don’t have to abide with disabled or gender discrimination legislation

Wrong. There is no protection for private members clubs with disabled or gender discrimination

Reasonable provision has to be made for disabled guests but in existing buildings the cost and structure often makes this impossible so they can continue operating.

"

Indeed. I wish people with no knowledge of the law would stop posting bollocks about discrimination legislation not applying to private members clubs.

By *hrills on WheelsMan  over a year ago

Exeter

I am spinally injured and a full time wheel chair user and a Disability Access Consultant and hoping to work with clubs and others to improve access and acceptance as I have found I get very few responses because I am honest up front about my situation

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"I am spinally injured and a full time wheel chair user and a Disability Access Consultant and hoping to work with clubs and others to improve access and acceptance as I have found I get very few responses because I am honest up front about my situation "

It may NOT be down to the nature of your enquiry, If you are emailing clubs hoping for replies then there are quite a few threads in these forums complaining about the responsiveness of clubs. A few don’t seem to read emails at all.

Mostly we find calling them direct works a bit better if we have a query.

"I am spinally injured and a full time wheel chair user and a Disability Access Consultant and hoping to work with clubs and others to improve access and acceptance as I have found I get very few responses because I am honest up front about my situation "

Do you mean you get few responses from clubs or from people here?

By *urrey Dave 69Man  over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

In the past I've owned several businesses and I can tell you that you get lots of unsolicitated communications from various sources telling you how they can improve your operation.

If you are a small business and money is tight you do try and do as much as you can yourself. Though it might appear rude I ignored most of these mails as if you acknowledged them then you'd be subjected to regular calls etc.

Unfortunately if a building has stairs it is often impossible or extremely expensive to make them wheelchair accessable.

Playspace would be ideal if your into bdsm, its flat and all the doors are double plus has flat entrance

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'd second VA, mainly all on one level.

Another good one is liberty elite, most of the facilities are on the ground floor. Both a long way away though. Libs does also have very nice overnight rooms with no steps

D2 in Bristol is on different level but have play spaces on ground floor so is wheelchair friendly ????

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

You've only been on 4 weeks and you're looking for a single woman to join you(unicorn)

Going to take time and patience.

Surely melksham is closer than Yeovil if they do have couples nights

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Ok I’m half of a couple who wants to swing but we don’t seem to be able to arrange a meet as all of a sudden the other couple disappear or they can’t make it! So a club seems the next step forward however the nearest club to us that I can get in is in Yeovil! #frustrated what do we do anyone got any ideas?

You've only been on 4 weeks and you're looking for a single woman to join you(unicorn)

Going to take time and patience.

Surely melksham is closer than Yeovil if they do have couples nights"

Sorry I missed the bit where you said club you can get in so in assuming melksham has bad access(I didn't know)

I am not averse to meeting disabled people but as you have no interest in meeting bisexual men perhaps it is you who is discriminating against my sexuality.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

However, I have seen on here about one club which is fully wheelchair accessible. One half of the couple who own it is a wheelchair user. Sadly, I can’t remember the name of the club"

Quest in Leeds

By *eorge n DragonCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

"I am not averse to meeting disabled people but as you have no interest in meeting bisexual men perhaps it is you who is discriminating against my sexuality. "

So all who do not meet bisexual men discriminating? Grow up

By *urrey Dave 69Man  over a year ago

Epsom, Surrey

"I am not averse to meeting disabled people but as you have no interest in meeting bisexual men perhaps it is you who is discriminating against my sexuality.

So all who do not meet bisexual men discriminating? Grow up "

There is a difference between not wanting to meet men who want to indulge in bisexual activities and not wanting to meet bisexual men. Many bi and bi curious men are happy to play straight in MMF if requested.

I have done Jaydees in a wheelchair, but was quite restricted. The staff were very friendly and helpful though.

"I am not averse to meeting disabled people but as you have no interest in meeting bisexual men perhaps it is you who is discriminating against my sexuality.

So all who do not meet bisexual men discriminating? Grow up

There is a difference between not wanting to meet men who want to indulge in bisexual activities and not wanting to meet bisexual men. Many bi and bi curious men are happy to play straight in MMF if requested."

Amazing, switching around a thoughtful thread into the “they won’t play with me because I’m bi” nonsense, yep that’s their choice, we don’t play with bi guys or straight girls, we don’t expect people to compromise on play, just as we don’t! No get a life and let this thread get back in point!

Clubs we know of that would be easier to access for wheelchair users

VA & LIBERTY ELITE

Going back to the OP I’m sure there are lots of people who would meet you for a private rendezvous

its hard for disabled people too meet if thay are singul .I have given up hope meeting up with anyone sadly

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

There is to much discrimination and prejudice in this world also hey ho what can we do??

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

"There’s eurekas when it’s warmer, thats relatively flat I think?"

No it's on a hill well the naughty bit is and it's not really wheelchair friendly

Thank you for your message and I have to reply by saying that you have missed my point completely.

The op was claiming that they couldn’t get a meet because they are disabled and as you have so rightly stated people have preferences. Which is the point I was trying to make.

As for the comment grow up I would like to state that my dad is bigger than your dad. Na na na na na!

By *essons in LustCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

So all who do not meet bisexual men discriminating? Grow up "

huddersfield

"Thank you for your message and I have to reply by saying that you have missed my point completely.

The op was claiming that they couldn’t get a meet because they are disabled and as you have so rightly stated people have preferences. Which is the point I was trying to make.

As for the comment grow up I would like to state that my dad is bigger than your dad. Na na na na na! "

Wtf

Because someone is disabled it doesn’t mean they don’t have sexual preferences ???

Odd !

huddersfield

Quest is fabulous

Totally level wheelchair access to all rooms and the lady who runs it is disabled x

By *heprivateclubcpleCouple  over a year ago

Aston

The private club in Aston Birmingham is fully wheelchair friendly x showers /toilets /playrooms / cinema room all accessible x Evan the smoking area x we have wheelchair users in regularly x look us up x

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Hi guys, calling this thread ‘Disabled Discrimination’ is misleading. Meets for pretty much everyone can be challenging as people all have their own preferences.

With regard to accessing Clubs, as others have said, most Clubs are in buildings that are not purpose built as the Income does not support that level of expenditure. Many are on multiple levels, usually in old warehouses and in upper levels.

In terms of distance, sadly it is local councils who are to blame if none are closer to you.

Your closest are indeed Gems, Decadent Nights, Route 69, Angels and Swindon Swingers. Of these the last 3 have significant access challenges as they are either basement or first floor with no lifts.

Your best bet is to call the clubs, explain any restrictions you have and see how they can help you.

I can totally get your frustration, but I don’t think that this is discrimination - unless it is from the councils stopping businesses opening in appropriate locations and venues.

Good luck, VA is also feasible as others have said.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

It’s harder but not impossible for people over 50 to get meets. It’s not easy as a single woman to meet couples as you have to like both of them not just one.

Look and see if there are any social events in your area that you can go to. These are usually in the forum.

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"I am not averse to meeting disabled people but as you have no interest in meeting bisexual men perhaps it is you who is discriminating against my sexuality. "

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

» Add a new message to this topic