FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Attic Derby - Saturday?

Attic Derby - Saturday?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looking to visit another club soon and despite it being the closest we haven’t been yet as we have heard mixed things. I imagine Saturday is best but what are other couples experiences of visiting on a Saturday night?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

Best to go and judge for yourself to be honest.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Looking to visit another club soon and despite it being the closest we haven’t been yet as we have heard mixed things. I imagine Saturday is best but what are other couples experiences of visiting on a Saturday night? "

Our favourite club and we are from Durham. We have been going for a while now. They run a tight ship. Security is second to none, pace is very clean and staff are brilliant. As poster above says you should try as not everywhere is for everyone. We always go on a Saturday and always have a great night together. We never have any expectations wherever we go, always have a great night as we enjoy each others company just as much as any other company. What are your concerns??

By *traightblokeMan  over a year ago

liverpool,merseyside

is it busy there saturdays etc ?how about fridays?never been but curious to visit. any advice guys?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fridays can be very quiet but Saturdays are good x

liverpool,merseyside

fair enough...how many people aprox you can expect on a saturday night etc? is it worth a vist as single guy

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

This Saturday will either be really busy with it being a bank holiday weekend or quiet due to a party the week before. But quite a few couples and ladies on my friends list seem to be going.

Durham

"fair enough...how many people aprox you can expect on a saturday night etc? is it worth a vist as single guy"

As we all know who go to any club, never 2 nights the same. The worst question you can ask, is it going to be busy and how many will be visiting. If you go that's an extra 1 that will be their. Go with no expectations and chat to people and what ever happens, social or play you will have a good night. Networking for future visits is always a good start

"fair enough...how many people aprox you can expect on a saturday night etc? is it worth a vist as single guy

As we all know who go to any club, never 2 nights the same. The worst question you can ask, is it going to be busy and how many will be visiting. If you go that's an extra 1 that will be their. Go with no expectations and chat to people and what ever happens, social or play you will have a good night. Networking for future visits is always a good start"

liverpool,merseyside

yeah true....silly me lol . completely forgot about bank holiday weekend

Attic is a fantastic club and has a great mixture of couples and single men and women. It's one of our favourites

We love the Attic and Saturdays are best for us. Yes, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, but that doesn't mean our loins should have a rest lol, it just means we have an extra day to get over it

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We’re looking to make our first visit to the Attic in a couple of months. What’s the ratio of couples to single men on a Saturday? Any advice for first timers welcome..many thanks

My local dont go though tend to go out my local area

Durham

"We’re looking to make our first visit to the Attic in a couple of months. What’s the ratio of couples to single men on a Saturday? Any advice for first timers welcome..many thanks "

Ratio always works well in Attic, they have no problem turning men away if they feel the numbers are going to get to much. We've never had any problem either as folk know if you step out of line security WILL deal with it, saying that men are always respectful so never a need for security to act normally, but they are there around the club at all times. Always feel safe in this club as they run a tight ship. Our next visit is June 22nd

"My local dont go though tend to go out my local area"
why though.

"My local dont go though tend to go out my local area why though. "

Just my job stops me really, im not sure how it would go down with the profession i have within the public sector.

"My local dont go though tend to go out my local area why though.

Just my job stops me really, im not sure how it would go down with the profession i have within the public sector. "

I've bumped into nurses.. doctors. Head teachers. Magistrates..policemen all sorts

Sadly the bad reviews you read for this club are spot on.

The place is really dated and filthy, the security charge round and get in the way of any atmosphere building. But most of all as a single guy the staff treat you like a second class citizen. The door staff sit watching their wall of cctv screens mocking their paying guests in front of other guests, make you feel very unwelcome.

I have recently started going to a different club and it's honestly like a breath of fresh air.

As with any club I would say to give it a try, it obviously suits some people. But as a young professional guy, wanting a clean, pleasant place to meet like minded couples and singles this place was not for me, it's more like a working mens club with playrooms, the actual infrastructure is fine, the maze, the red light area, the car for dogging, but it's all just dirty and dated.

There are also a small but very vocal group of locals who argue with and shout down anyone who speaks about the club on social media, we may well see examples of this following this post.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We’ve taken our seats to watch this thread

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Just my job stops me really, im not sure how it would go down with the profession i have within the public sector. "

You’d be surprised at how many people think like you. For this reason you’re probably more likely to meet people who know you in a professional capacity further away from home than you are locally.

Another thing, if you do meet someone you know at a club, how likely are they to say something? They won’t put you as in doing so, they put themselves

Bedworth

"Sadly the bad reviews you read for this club are spot on.

The place is really dated and filthy, the security charge round and get in the way of any atmosphere building. But most of all as a single guy the staff treat you like a second class citizen. The door staff sit watching their wall of cctv screens mocking their paying guests in front of other guests, make you feel very unwelcome.

I have recently started going to a different club and it's honestly like a breath of fresh air.

As with any club I would say to give it a try, it obviously suits some people. But as a young professional guy, wanting a clean, pleasant place to meet like minded couples and singles this place was not for me, it's more like a working mens club with playrooms, the actual infrastructure is fine, the maze, the red light area, the car for dogging, but it's all just dirty and dated.

There are also a small but very vocal group of locals who argue with and shout down anyone who speaks about the club on social media, we may well see examples of this following this post.

"

We’re all entitled to our opinions and all are valid. What some people like, others will hate.

We’ve been to many clubs throughout the country and have enjoyed them all, some more than others.

The only part of your thread that I would take issue with is saying that it’s dirty. The attic is the only club we have been to where there are cleaning materials provided in every single play room.

It’s obviously not a place you enjoyed but that’s ok, we can’t all like the same.

We’re all entitled to our opinions and all are valid. What some people like, others will hate.

We’ve been to many clubs throughout the country and have enjoyed them all, some more than others.

The only part of your thread that I would take issue with is saying that it’s dirty. The attic is the only club we have been to where there are cleaning materials provided in every single play room.

It’s obviously not a place you enjoyed but that’s ok, we can’t all like the same. "

Exactly, thanks for your response.

Glad we agree with the issues in the club, and I guess we are all used to different levels of cleanliness.

Happy clubbing everyone, wherever you choose to do so

Chris

Durham

"

We are not local we are from Durham. We would travel to this club every weekend if we had the money. Yr review, in our opinion, is completely false. The staff keep this place clean with all their hard work. You are spot on that they view the cctv all night and we find that amazing someone is keeping us all safe. Only seen security charge when an issue rears its ugly head and they are there in seconds.

We often see the regular single men on our visits so can't see how they would return if they were treat how you say. Everyone is entitled to their view so maybe you have had a bad experience @ Attic and hope you enjoy the club you go to now

We are not local we are from Durham. We would travel to this club every weekend if we had the money. Yr review, in our opinion, is completely false. The staff keep this place clean with all their hard work. You are spot on that they view the cctv all night and we find that amazing someone is keeping us all safe. Only seen security charge when an issue rears its ugly head and they are there in seconds.

We often see the regular single men on our visits so can't see how they would return if they were treat how you say. Everyone is entitled to their view so maybe you have had a bad experience @ Attic and hope you enjoy the club you go to now "

Different view are what makes us a healthy society, taking your point on the security though.

I guess it depends on what you feel is effective security.

Security should be in the background, effective security is when the night runs smoothly and you are not even aware of any issues. Not when you hear and see security storming up and down all night.

Also I agree it is great to have cctv monitored in real time, but when it is done by people who openly mock people on the screens. Also the screens are in full view customers at the downstairs bar, thats sureky wrong.

If these screens were in a sideroom and used to quietly pick up on and resolve any issues before they becone isdues i quite agree - however this is nit the case at the attic.

If your overall point is that my opinion must be wrong because "done people keep coming back" you have completely missed my whole point.

"

As a club goer who goes to many many clubs across the country I find your post obviously from someone who has a gripe with the club.

I have been as a single lady... a couple and a group. I personally love the Amsterdam rooms and the maze but as it's a fiat don't use the dogging bit.

The club itself does exactly what it should do and the atmosphere is great... as a single lady i know I'm safe and well looked out for at the attic and it's most certainly not dirty.

The club has more active staff than I have seen at any other club and they do keep an eye on people..

I've introduced many a single guy to the club and pretty much most have been back.. those that haven't it's been because clubs weren't for them.

The attic caters for everyone and certainly doesn't great single guys badly ... it does however expect them to behave in a certain way and they have of late been quite quick to deal with those not doing so.

On a party night the club is very different to the other events I tend to go to but the one thing no one can say is that the club is dirty. Well not in a disgusting way... but it can be very dirty in a good way x

As a club goer who goes to many many clubs across the country I find your post obviously from someone who has a gripe with the club.

I have been as a single lady... a couple and a group. I personally love the Amsterdam rooms and the maze but as it's a fiat don't use the dogging bit.

The club itself does exactly what it should do and the atmosphere is great... as a single lady i know I'm safe and well looked out for at the attic and it's most certainly not dirty.

The club has more active staff than I have seen at any other club and they do keep an eye on people..

I've introduced many a single guy to the club and pretty much most have been back.. those that haven't it's been because clubs weren't for them.

The attic caters for everyone and certainly doesn't great single guys badly ... it does however expect them to behave in a certain way and they have of late been quite quick to deal with those not doing so.

On a party night the club is very different to the other events I tend to go to but the one thing no one can say is that the club is dirty. Well not in a disgusting way... but it can be very dirty in a good way x"

I don't have a gripe with the club. I just expect the basic level of courtesy when I'm paying to go into a club. I also don't expect there to be security patrolling going all might ruining the flow if the evening, if that is required you need a stricter door policy..

I agree that the club suits some people, but it certainly doesn't aim to please young professional people who expect better these days.

Glad you have a club you love though

By *reelanderMan  over a year ago

rotherham

As a single guy I love this club especially event nights,the numbers that attend speaks volumes,I travel over 100 mile round trip and wouldn't do so if it wasn't worth it,

[Removed by poster at 08/05/19 13:28:06]

On a party night the club is very different to the other events I tend to go to but the one thing no one can say is that the club is dirty. Well not in a disgusting way... but it can be very dirty in a good way x

I don't have a gripe with the club. I just expect the basic level of courtesy when I'm paying to go into a club. I also don't expect there to be security patrolling going all might ruining the flow if the evening, if that is required you need a stricter door policy..

I agree that the club suits some people, but it certainly doesn't aim to please young professional people who expect better these days.

Glad you have a club you love though"

I think more clubs should have the same level of security . I've never noticed them patrolling as such... although often chat to them throughout the night. And I've met many younger professionals in there.

If you did a mini EU referendum in the club it's would be a clear LEAVE vote, that tells you all you need to know about the clientele.

"If you did a mini EU referendum in the club it's would be a clear LEAVE vote, that tells you all you need to know about the clientele.

"

Not sure what you are insinuating. If you don't like it then go somewhere else... but don't talk nonsense

"If you did a mini EU referendum in the club it's would be a clear LEAVE vote, that tells you all you need to know about the clientele.

Not sure what you are insinuating. If you don't like it then go somewhere else... but don't talk nonsense"

This

Durham

"

Wow insult us all why don't you.... Maybe you are disgruntled because the security had to charge in your direction. Something or somebody has upset you. Or maybe it was us 2 northerns taking our whippet and flap caps to our working man's type swingers club. You are obviously far to good to be around us commoners

By *andyladMan  over a year ago

Hereorthere

Probably a a pest and we all know what happens to those

I don't normally bother... but thing is If someone thinking about going read those comments unchallenged it could go against what is a very well balanced and good clean club.

" I don't normally bother... but thing is If someone thinking about going read those comments unchallenged it could go against what is a very well balanced and good clean club. "

Its not put me off im a down to earth guy, i make my own judgements for myself. If i went and tried it and it wasnt for me id just not go back, not spout off about it.

" I don't normally bother... but thing is If someone thinking about going read those comments unchallenged it could go against what is a very well balanced and good clean club.

Its not put me off im a down to earth guy, i make my own judgements for myself. If i went and tried it and it wasnt for me id just not go back, not spout off about it.

"

I've been to a few clubs that my first visit was not that great . But went on a different night and it was great. As long as I'm not wiping my feet on the way out.. and the guys respect me.. I'm good x

" I don't normally bother... but thing is If someone thinking about going read those comments unchallenged it could go against what is a very well balanced and good clean club. "

Thing is in my original post I raised that as soon as someone makes a negative comment all the Attic keyboard warriors jump in.

So nice to be proven right, go back and read my original post.

By *ackwithabang2000Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

"

States he's a professional.

That's got be one of the most unprofessional comments ever put on here...

" I don't normally bother... but thing is If someone thinking about going read those comments unchallenged it could go against what is a very well balanced and good clean club.

Thing is in my original post I raised that as soon as someone makes a negative comment all the Attic keyboard warriors jump in.

"

It's not proving you right at all. So if I make a false statement.. is every one that corrects me a keyboard warrior???

Bedworth

"

When you call a place dirty when it clearly isn’t people will call you out on it! This is not “keyboard warriors”, it’s people correcting false information.

As I stated in response to your original post, the attic is the ONLY club we have visited which has cleaning materials in every room!

Durham

"

I smell a troll....

It's not proving you right at all. So if I make a false statement.. is every one that corrects me a keyboard warrior??? "

Can you define how someone's opinion can be wrong?

Who is to judge what is right and wrong?

Your opinion may be different, how can someone be so self centred to blindly accept their opinion to be right and others wrong - I know how you voted in 2016

I smell a troll.... "

Like squashing ants debating with you lot

It's not proving you right at all. So if I make a false statement.. is every one that corrects me a keyboard warrior???

Your opinion may be different, how can someone be so self centred to blindly accept their opinion to be right and others wrong - I know how you voted in 2016"

you said the club was dirty.. sorry but they is false if utterly.

I don't like all clubs I've been to. But it's normally down to personal issues. I certainly don't air them. However which ever club I go to. If I have an issue while there I will happily take it up with the club there and then... not go home and slag them off.

[Removed by poster at 08/05/19 14:56:54]

Your opinion may be different, how can someone be so self centred to blindly accept their opinion to be right and others wrong - I know how you voted in 2016 you said the club was dirty.. sorry but they is false if utterly.

I don't like all clubs I've been to. But it's normally down to personal issues. I certainly don't air them. However which ever club I go to. If I have an issue while there I will happily take it up with the club there and then... not go home and slag them off.

"

Just out of interest did you vote LEAVE or REMAIN?

Durham

Anyway back to what OP asked. Attic is our favourite club. Typical though as we find our favourite club and it's 150 miles away. We do try and get every 6 weeks. We like to call it a club full of fantasy, the mix of themed rooms are endless and place is set out well. Give it a try and make your own mind up. Not everywhere is for everyone. We've took friends often, one couple who live near us didn't like it but they weren't really club people, they like the more private meet.

By *andyladMan  over a year ago

Hereorthere

It is a very nice club charming hosts and helpful. Yet to brave a party night but I'm sure from what I've heard they can be very good.

By *erby DomCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne(ish) and Chesterfield(ish)

We have been going to the Attic for many years and when visiting other clubs we judge them against it.

We have seen it grow and develop and we love it. It is the only club we have been in where you can find cleaning materials in every room. Sometimes though it is other club goers not cleaning up after themselves that is a problem. But a quick clean up and all is good.

It has a great range of facilities and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

We are there every Friday and Saturday evenings so if you see us there do say hi, we don't bite (but we can nibble on request).

Great club and we have met some amazing people from all sorts of life in there.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

Would say it's good enough for a visit to judge for your self. After all people have different tastes in what they like in a club. It's not our favourite, that's why we've not been back for ages but we like it enough that we would go back. Its big, so many rooms, nooks and crannies. It's a bit basic in terms of decor but it's clear it's run with passion by it's owner. The staff are great and people are really freindly. Very relaxed dress code, pretty much wear what you want, but a few too many fully clothed people for our liking. Also you'll need to carry your bar money about as you pay on the spot for drinks. The hot tub area (unless refurbished since we last there) could really do with a facelift, not the best atmosphere there. The main problem we found is some on the guys in there don't always know how to behave. Although the staff are great at dealing with troublesome guest once unpleasantness has happened it kind of kills your buzz. Can happen in any club but seems more frequent in our experiences of the attic. Maybe to do with it entrance policy, which is a shame because that also makes it a great place to start on the club scene as a single man. It is a club good and well worth try. We have always had a good time there.

By *rnmrsrk1Couple  over a year ago

Cheshire

We’re going Saturday we like it there as a new couple to the world if swinging we were given a tour and made very welcome

I've been a few times as a couple and once as a single. Always had a brilliant time and always found the place to be spotless

By *ild n NaughtyMan  over a year ago

south Cheshire

I highly recommend this club been to 2 events here this year so far great staff an a fun club planning on more visits this year

You have to remember that there are other public sector workers that go there too. The thing about the Attic, is that no one talks about the Attic....

[Removed by poster at 15/05/19 08:47:06]

" I smell a troll.... "

Yep!

Would be interesting if MollyandMatt (who originally asked about the Attic) have been to the club what there impression was, given the wide ranging views/debate shown on here?

This Saturday ( the 18th May) there should be a fair few of us going to help celebrate MY Twinny's birthday.... it's a pre birthday bash....

So if your going say hi

We'll see you there

"We'll see you there "

Be nice to finally catch up xx

By *amsingle22Man  over a year ago

Dagenham

Is attic cinema open today? I know 2nd and 4th Thursday are usually greedy girls but since it is 3rd, I am wondering if it is open.

By *bwmasterukMan  over a year ago

derby

Also going to visit Saturday evening. Visited the cinema the other day seemed a great place so need to get back :p

By *oliteguyMan  over a year ago

Melksham

Just to add my thoughts to the mix. I have been to The Attic a few times now as a male on my own, and love it. It reminds me off a nightclub. Yes there is a lot of security which is good. Yes they look at my shoes when I come in to check I’m not wearing trainers.

I have been treated well and not looked down on. My first time was given a friendly tour. Not once have I felt they were keeping an eye on me. I don’t care if they are. I’m not the sort of person that is going to wade in and start touching without permission.

I do like the fact is got different areas. It’s like an indoor theme park. A cinema, Amsterdam rooms, a maze, dungeons. The dogging area is a great idea. It has a car and a tent. Brilliant idea.

To the couple that asked, yes there are single guys there. However they are limited in numbers, and the staff are there to make sure you have a good time.

"We'll see you there

Be nice to finally catch up xx"

We look forward to it.

Any body going down on the 25th ? Im taking my wife down, first time to a club, and shes nervously excited.

Iv been down a couple of times, and really enjoyed it, it is a friendly place with some great playrooms, we just booked a room in there for the night, as were coming from Manchester and dont fancy a 2hr drive back.

I just didnt realise at the time it was vickers and tarts night, so this should be an extra experience for her

By *ionatvTV/TS  over a year ago

Middlewich/Sandbach

Am planning on visiting Sat the 22nd June, apologies up front if I put anyone off

Been a few times before on Friday night and the staff were lovely, as was everyone there.

The place was big, and really clean, my experience of other places isn't totally wide ranging but certainly felt nice enough.

If I was a couple it would be the first place I would try due to it being relaxed and friendly.

22nd is Wednesday - did you mean Saturday ?

"Any body going down on the 25th ? Im taking my wife down, first time to a club, and shes nervously excited.

Iv been down a couple of times, and really enjoyed it, it is a friendly place with some great playrooms, we just booked a room in there for the night, as were coming from Manchester and dont fancy a 2hr drive back.

I just didnt realise at the time it was vickers and tarts night, so this should be an extra experience for her "

I'm sure it's the party night so it will be busy and always a good one

By *uller_n_sweetzCouple  over a year ago

luton

Coming along on Sat 25th with TT she has been to clubs before with me But her first time here. She is looking forward to having a fun night.

We are attending this Saturday 25th staying at the Stuart hotel again lol

By *unguy43Man  over a year ago

Hailsham

Staying at the Stuart hotel with a naughty friend, attending the club, not our first time there and looking for lots of fun x

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"Any body going down on the 25th ? Im taking my wife down, first time to a club, and shes nervously excited.

I just didnt realise at the time it was vickers and tarts night, so this should be an extra experience for her "

I be there x

By *unguy43Man  over a year ago

Hailsham

Unfortunately my naughty friend has had to cancel but I'm still coming on my own, hoping for a great evening x

It's going to be a great night x

By *r dirty and Mrs SquirtyCouple  over a year ago

hopefully near you

Heard nothing but bad stuff about the attic.. this has put us off going so who’s to know if they are all true.. we stick to libs.. can’t beat it.

"Heard nothing but bad stuff about the attic.. this has put us off going so who’s to know if they are all true.. we stick to libs.. can’t beat it. "

Well I always go to somewhere myself to see what I think. I have been told libs is stuck up and not a good club but still intend to try it myself eventually. Although price has put me off

» Add a new message to this topic