FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Coronavirus and clubs

Coronavirus and clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tarling and Robin OP   Couple  over a year ago

middlesex

Just wondered if anyone else has thought about going or not going to a club as Coronavirus increases?

We go to a few clubs, particularly involving hot water. But obviously its not just clubs as we get intimate with people.

Bit difficult to shag when advise not to "shake hands " and not get to close to people.

Thoughts? Without causing panic lol.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Just wondered if anyone else has thought about going or not going to a club as Coronavirus increases?

We go to a few clubs, particularly involving hot water. But obviously its not just clubs as we get intimate with people.

Bit difficult to shag when advise not to "shake hands " and not get to close to people.

"

I'm still going until I deem the risk to be too high.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

It’s a hard one, do you ask them if they ha e recently been out of the country or been in contact with those who have.

Seems pointless now though as the virus is now passing from person to person within the uk and with a two week incubation period will people no if their infected or not.

london

"It’s a hard one, do you ask them if they ha e recently been out of the country or been in contact with those who have.

Seems pointless now though as the virus is now passing from person to person within the uk and with a two week incubation period will people no if their infected or not."

Think it will be more of a concern for those who are in close contact with the elderly or infirm.

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

You could say the same for shopping or leisure centres, cinemas or anywhere in public!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I didn't think people were even taking it that seriously yet I am feeling very cautious atm because my parents are old, disabled and poorly as it is. It is a worry when they even get normal flu/pneumonia. My son is regularly in hospital because he is asthmatic to so anything respiratory worries me. I have some club visits coming up in april and may, will see how things are closer to the time.

london

"I didn't think people were even taking it that seriously yet I am feeling very cautious atm because my parents are old, disabled and poorly as it is. It is a worry when they even get normal flu/pneumonia. My son is regularly in hospital because he is asthmatic to so anything respiratory worries me. I have some club visits coming up in april and may, will see how things are closer to the time. "

I care for my elderly mother, the cold virus that was around at Christmas nocked the stuffing out of her, I not concerned for me but her most delightful.

"I didn't think people were even taking it that seriously yet I am feeling very cautious atm because my parents are old, disabled and poorly as it is. It is a worry when they even get normal flu/pneumonia. My son is regularly in hospital because he is asthmatic to so anything respiratory worries me. I have some club visits coming up in april and may, will see how things are closer to the time.

I care for my elderly mother, the cold virus that was around at Christmas nocked the stuffing out of her, I not concerned for me but her most delightful."

Same!! They are still having affects of it now hope your mother manages to steer clear of it xxx

middlesex

Starling is asthmatic and has a weak immune system.

We were considering a club this evening but ended "thinking about it, but decided not too". It's not an end for us going to clubs though, perhaps a pause.

Starling also gets knocked quite badly even with normal flu.

Wow

You are more likely to die from:-

A crash on the way to the club

The flu

Heart attack from sexual activity

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

646000 people die every year globally from the regular flu and 200000 from norovirus.

the media have a lot to answer is all I am going to say

"Wow

The flu

"

The stakes are higher than that for people who are old and infirm

"It’s a hard one, do you ask them if they ha e recently been out of the country or been in contact with those who have.

Seems pointless now though as the virus is now passing from person to person within the uk and with a two week incubation period will people no if their infected or not.

Think it will be more of a concern for those who are in close contact with the elderly or infirm."

Might need to lower our age preferences, just in case!!

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

"Wow

The flu

"

not if your asthmatic like saint!

london

"I didn't think people were even taking it that seriously yet I am feeling very cautious atm because my parents are old, disabled and poorly as it is. It is a worry when they even get normal flu/pneumonia. My son is regularly in hospital because he is asthmatic to so anything respiratory worries me. I have some club visits coming up in april and may, will see how things are closer to the time.

I care for my elderly mother, the cold virus that was around at Christmas nocked the stuffing out of her, I not concerned for me but her most delightful.

Same!! They are still having affects of it now hope your mother manages to steer clear of it xxx "

Thank you. wishing you all the best, trying times ahead.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Think it will be more of a concern for those who are in close contact with the elderly or infirm."

Think everyone needs to lower age bracket from 99 and be safe

I travel on the tube in london so come across more people there than in a club

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

I think you need to risk assess it for yourselves. If you're at risk or in contact with those who would be if it was passed on then you might want to avoid clubs if you're likely to swap saliva, sweat or... juices.

Otherwise, crack on if you can handle a week of flu and some alone time

"I travel on the tube in london so come across more people there than in a club "

I think there is a difference in the levels of intimacy between a swingers club and the Tube.

Also clovid 19 isn't the flu and whilst the current levels of infection are relatively low the potential is huge due to the virus being new which means we have no immunity to it. So with that in mind clubs and parties are currently not on our agenda... TFF for Netflix lol

"I travel on the tube in london so come across more people there than in a club

I think there is a difference in the levels of intimacy between a swingers club and the Tube.

Also clovid 19 isn't the flu and whilst the current levels of infection are relatively low the potential is huge due to the virus being new which means we have no immunity to it. So with that in mind clubs and parties are currently not on our agenda... TFF for Netflix lol"

Travelling through Kings Cross on a sat aft I'm not so sure, tourism was getting a little too close to me for comfort.

By *arry WindsorMan  over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

"You could say the same for shopping or leisure centres, cinemas or anywhere in public! "

And I'm guessing not many people have caught the Corona virus in a swingers club

middlesex

"And I'm guessing not many people have caught the Corona virus in a swingers club"

Fair to say if they did they'll not be telling anyone

Dudley

"And I'm guessing not many people have caught the Corona virus in a swingers club

Fair to say if they did they'll not be telling anyone "

I bloody well would, especially the club themselves so they can warn others.

"646000 people die every year globally from the regular flu and 200000 from norovirus.

the media have a lot to answer is all I am going to say "

This!!!

By *hefluxcapacitorCouple  over a year ago

leicester

I did over hear a conversation in a club the other night saying that a few people had been in touch to say that they weren’t coming to this event as they were worried about Coronavirus.

Personally, we won’t stop going out unless it spreads considerably.

Dudley

"I did over hear a conversation in a club the other night saying that a few people had been in touch to say that they weren’t coming to this event as they were worried about Coronavirus.

Personally, we won’t stop going out unless it spreads considerably. "

I'm going to an event on Saturday, for some reason my mum was under the impression that I'm far more at risk in a swingers club than on a bus, I told her to get a grip.

By *inkyman1964Man  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

I believe most Swinger's Clubs have good cleaning regimes. You are probably more likely to catch Corona and anything else in McDonald's or other public places.

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Well it didn't put people off today!! We had a near capacity crowd at MILF Monday

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Well it didn't put people off today!! We had a near capacity crowd at MILF Monday "

If I hadn't had to be in work myself I would have been there with my Club SX girls too!

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Well it didn't put people off today!! We had a near capacity crowd at MILF Monday

If I hadn't had to be in work myself I would have been there with my Club SX girls too! "

Awwww they had a BALL!!! Hopefully you can make it next time xx

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Over 400,000 new STI cases are diagnosed in the UK annually. There were over 1.7million new diagnoses of AIDS / HIV globally in 2018 - yet people still play bareback in clubs.

PHE have reported that in the week ending 23rd Feb, 22 new cases of influenza A & B were diagnosed in the UK. There have been 39 cases of Coronavirus in the UK in total this year

I’d say the answer is that you take the risks that you feel are appropriate for you.

Coronavirus is airborne, so intimacy in itself isn’t more risky than a crowded tube train. The same can be said for a standard flu strain.

As mentioned above, the media are creating a lot of panic around this, probably unnecessarily, because that sells papers!

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Just wondered if anyone else has thought about going or not going to a club as Coronavirus increases?

"

Everyone wears a hazmat suit with a glory hole in it

Stoke-on-Trent

"Over 400,000 new STI cases are diagnosed in the UK annually. There were over 1.7million new diagnoses of AIDS / HIV globally in 2018 - yet people still play bareback in clubs.

PHE have reported that in the week ending 23rd Feb, 22 new cases of influenza A & B were diagnosed in the UK. There have been 39 cases of Coronavirus in the UK in total this year

I’d say the answer is that you take the risks that you feel are appropriate for you.

Coronavirus is airborne, so intimacy in itself isn’t more risky than a crowded tube train. The same can be said for a standard flu strain.

As mentioned above, the media are creating a lot of panic around this, probably unnecessarily, because that sells papers! "

People make the choice whether to play bareback or not, their choice to gamble with STI risk. As long as they earn others.

By *lirtingentMan  over a year ago

Stroud

"Wow

The flu

"

This!

Check out the stats online. Risk level is incredibly low.

Keep having fun, life is too short.....

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Everyone wears a hazmat suit with a glory hole in it "

I can feel a themed event coming on!!!

By *he PlaygroundsCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

"Over 400,000 new STI cases are diagnosed in the UK annually. There were over 1.7million new diagnoses of AIDS / HIV globally in 2018 - yet people still play bareback in clubs.

As mentioned above, the media are creating a lot of panic around this, probably unnecessarily, because that sells papers! "

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Everyone wears a hazmat suit with a glory hole in it

I can feel a themed event coming on!!! "

There`s that place in Lincolnshire that sells all of the EX MOD kit that has some of these on sale!

By *horty4Man  over a year ago

london

"Wow

The flu

This!

Keep having fun, life is too short....."

You’re missing the point, yes only a few tens of people have it in the uk because it hasn’t spread. If it spreads to a large chunk of the population then you have an issue, it’s more than ten times as fatal as flu (1-3% as opposed to 0.1%). Do the sums, if it spread to say 50% of the uk population and it has a 1% mortality rate....

Having said all that, it hasn’t spread widely at all so relax, it’s not media hype though. The warnings come from the WHO.

london

"Wow

The flu

This!

Keep having fun, life is too short.....

You’re missing the point, yes only a few tens of people have it in the uk because it hasn’t spread. If it spreads to a large chunk of the population then you have an issue, it’s more than ten times as fatal as flu (1-3% as opposed to 0.1%). Do the sums, if it spread to say 50% of the uk population and it has a 1% mortality rate....

Having said all that, it hasn’t spread widely at all so relax, it’s not media hype though. The warnings come from the WHO.

"

If there is a risk of it spreading then cobra will implement plans to try and stop it spreading, having mass implications on the economy of this country and people’s every day lives.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

As long as you stay min 1.5 meters from anyone coughing or sneezing , wash your hands regularly and keep them off your face, avoid public transport you shouldn’t get it. I do all that anyway to avoid colds and coughs and it works and this is the same family of virus as a cold.

I’m not concerned by this ,fit healthy and have survived flu and malaria which are very similar , just don't wanna get any kind of man flu !

So yeah it makes sense to avoid crowds of any kind of you don’t want to get colds, flu or Corona

london

Not a club, a was sitting in traffic outside a school this morning and could not help noticing,

“must have been a member of staff at the gate“

Shaking hands with every single person entering the premises.

In the light of the rise in the spread of the virus, and advice not to shake hands at the moment. Is this really an advisable course of action ?.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

until the govt advise against mass gatherings... such as sporting/ music events, or theatres/cinema... then i will keep going..

i am sure it will get to that point at some point soon... and when it does i don't think clubs will be able to stay open anyway as i am sure it would go against their licences......

our "14 days off" is coming, i think it is a case of when rather than if.....

london

From news reports it will only be gatherings of over 1000 people, so think clubbing will be ok.

( unless there is some supper swinging venue) I’m unaware of, lol

london

"From news reports it will only be gatherings of over 1000 people, so think clubbing will be ok.

( unless there is some supper swinging venue) I’m unaware of, lol"

Super ( Dam spell check ) aaaaggghhh

london

"As long as you stay min 1.5 meters from anyone coughing or sneezing , wash your hands regularly and keep them off your face, avoid public transport you shouldn’t get it. I do all that anyway to avoid colds and coughs and it works and this is the same family of virus as a cold.

I’m not concerned by this ,fit healthy and have survived flu and malaria which are very similar , just don't wanna get any kind of man flu !

So yeah it makes sense to avoid crowds of any kind of you don’t want to get colds, flu or Corona

"

Yes, you may be fine but you may pass it to someone who will not be and also they may infect two or three. It’s called exponential growth, its how epidemics work.

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Seems it's creeping in the North West

Lancashire

"Seems it's creeping in the North West "
so are you suggesting I isolate one self ??

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

We've as much chance getting it in a club as we have being at work or walking around a shopping centre....at least for now.

We're not ready to shut ourselves off from the world yet.

Lancashire

As the health secretary pointed out to most people on Sunday moring lol it would be like having a mild cold WTF does he know

Dudley

"Seems it's creeping in the North West so are you suggesting I isolate one self ??"

Why are you talking to yourself?

Lancashire

"Seems it's creeping in the North West so are you suggesting I isolate one self ??

Why are you talking to yourself?"

Seems it's a level of now the propaganda is kicking in haha

Lancashire

"Seems it's creeping in the North West so are you suggesting I isolate one self ??

Seems it's a level of now the propaganda is kicking in haha "

don't panic get captain mannering

Lancashire

Think people press the panic button

Dudley

Seems it's a level of now the propaganda is kicking in haha don't panic get captain mannering "

Are you OK?

People keeps panicking because of how much attention the media is paying to this. There is no reason for panic. Coronavirus is just another of the thousands of viruses that cause respiratory diseases. It is even milder than the comon flu. It is more risky to have the flu than a coronavirus infection. Please don't believe all the media is saying because clearly someone wants to make profit from all the alarm raised by the media. Wash your hands don't cough/sneeze on others and be mindful of people who are more at risk such as young children or elderly. So same precautions as you would have with any other flu like virus.

Take care and don't let the media manipulate you. Mr C

Lancashire

Seems it's a level of now the propaganda is kicking in haha don't panic get captain mannering

Are you OK? "

Fit as ..

By *outhlondon_guyMan  over a year ago

London

"646000 people die every year globally from the regular flu and 200000 from norovirus.

This!!!"

Assume you meant 'this is a nonsense statistic'.

If coronavirus was to infect as many people as the regular flu, then around 10 million people would die

London

"People keeps panicking because of how much attention the media is paying to this. There is no reason for panic. Coronavirus is just another of the thousands of viruses that cause respiratory diseases. It is even milder than the comon flu. It is more risky to have the flu than a coronavirus infection. Please don't believe all the media is saying because clearly someone wants to make profit from all the alarm raised by the media. Wash your hands don't cough/sneeze on others and be mindful of people who are more at risk such as young children or elderly. So same precautions as you would have with any other flu like virus.

Take care and don't let the media manipulate you. Mr C"

It's 20 times more deadly than the common flu

Lancashire

"People keeps panicking because of how much attention the media is paying to this. There is no reason for panic. Coronavirus is just another of the thousands of viruses that cause respiratory diseases. It is even milder than the comon flu. It is more risky to have the flu than a coronavirus infection. Please don't believe all the media is saying because clearly someone wants to make profit from all the alarm raised by the media. Wash your hands don't cough/sneeze on others and be mindful of people who are more at risk such as young children or elderly. So same precautions as you would have with any other flu like virus.

It's 20 times more deadly than the common flu"

it gives every one to grumble more so with there dull lives ....

Dudley

Take care and don't let the media manipulate you. Mr C"

Hello Mr C

It's 20 times more deadly than the common flu"

No it is not as proven by the stastistics. You are more likely to win the lottery than to die from coronavirus stop confusing the general public.

In 2019 between 99000 and 200000 people died from lower respiratory tract infections caused by influenza.

Only 3049 deaths so far of coronavirus worlwide. According to the who and the cdcs. I think this is quite far from influenza don't you think?

Hello Mr C "

Hi Keeley!! Long time not see! We need a catch up with you!

By *onny135Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

What's Corona Virus? I'm more interested in immediate hazards like a car crash, flu, STD's, a cold.

London

No it is not as proven by the stastistics. You are more likely to win the lottery than to die from coronavirus stop confusing the general public.

In 2019 between 99000 and 200000 people died from lower respiratory tract infections caused by influenza.

Only 3049 deaths so far of coronavirus worlwide. According to the who and the cdcs. I think this is quite far from influenza don't you think?"

OK, thanks for this, because at least it demonstrates you don't have the foggiest clue about statistics.

Around 2-3% of coronavirus cases result in death. Around 0.1% of influenza cases results in death.

Coronavirus hasn't infected as many people as common flu does each year, which is why the gross number of deaths is materially lower as it stands. This is why the authorities are desperately scrambling to contain it, as if it becomes truely pandemic then millions of people will die.

Only 3049 deaths so far of coronavirus worlwide. According to the who and the cdcs. I think this is quite far from influenza don't you think?

OK, thanks for this, because at least it demonstrates you don't have the foggiest clue about statistics.

Around 2-3% of coronavirus cases result in death. Around 0.1% of influenza cases results in death.

Coronavirus hasn't infected as many people as common flu does each year, which is why the gross number of deaths is materially lower as it stands. This is why the authorities are desperately scrambling to contain it, as if it becomes truely pandemic then millions of people will die.

"

yeah ok whatever panic and go and buy lots of facemask quick before we all die. I refuse wasting my time with people that don't want to understand like you.

Dudley

Hello Mr C

Hi Keeley!! Long time not see! We need a catch up with you!"

We definitely do! Shots!

Dudley

"

You do realise there are likely to be many more thousands of people that have had corona with very mild symptoms that are perfectly fine and haven't sought medical attention?

London

yeah ok whatever panic and go and buy lots of facemask quick before we all die. I refuse wasting my time with people that don't want to understand like you. "

No you'll likely make a potential crisis worse with a lassaiz faire attitude, for something which is very serious. There's a reason why doctors and the WHO, who I think we can all agree are infinitely more qualified than you, are gravely concerned with he issue

London

You do realise there are likely to be many more thousands of people that have had corona with very mild symptoms that are perfectly fine and haven't sought medical attention? "

As will be the case with the common flu. The recorded mortality rate is still orders of magnitude greater anyway you spin it

Dudley

You do realise there are likely to be many more thousands of people that have had corona with very mild symptoms that are perfectly fine and haven't sought medical attention?

As will be the case with the common flu. The recorded mortality rate is still orders of magnitude greater anyway you spin it "

What do you propose we do then? Run around like headless chickens and wait for the world to end? Honestly, worse things have happened, yes, people will die and yes, it's awful, but panicking will achieve nothing.

By *en_Adams_27Man  over a year ago

Northwest

"I didn't think people were even taking it that seriously yet I am feeling very cautious atm because my parents are old, disabled and poorly as it is. It is a worry when they even get normal flu/pneumonia. My son is regularly in hospital because he is asthmatic to so anything respiratory worries me. I have some club visits coming up in april and may, will see how things are closer to the time. "

Same here I’m not worried myself as health but do have young children and elderly parents with health issue so if I get it’s passing on that worries me!!

London

As will be the case with the common flu. The recorded mortality rate is still orders of magnitude greater anyway you spin it

What do you propose we do then? Run around like headless chickens and wait for the world to end? Honestly, worse things have happened, yes, people will die and yes, it's awful, but panicking will achieve nothing. "

Who mentioned panicking? The government needs to be prepared to put in place plans to minimise the spread, unfortunately this will include things like shutting down schools and mass gatherings of people if required. It's not about panic, its concern for what is possibly a big issue

Lancashire

How many Sarz, ,Chinese flu,mad cow disease etc plus many other we've had many, so the next is this then they'll be another media pandemic next year keeps them in jobs I've washed my hands with worrying now lol

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I'm still up for a hazmat party! I wonder if the suits come with a per flap which we can utilise for other things?? Hmmmmm

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Not read all thd replies but good god it is all being blown out of proportion .

How many peopke in the uk have the common flu now ? How many of tgem are at risk ? The same proportion as those with corona virus.

It making people take up valuable time and resources on the nhs

Just a few examples

And these are genuine phone calls.

I was there

Ive got the virus because i was on the bus !@@

Ive got the virus because achinese lady on the till gave me my change!@@

Ive got the virus because i had a chinese meal a few weeks ago-!!!@

Typical media hype and scaremongerimg .k

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Yep......Media have a lot to answer for !!

By *rcadian110Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

What people are failing to realise is that covid19 is waaaay more dangerous than the seasonal flu ( influenza a and b) which in season 2019/2019 had a UK mortality rate of 0.13% and killed aprox 600 people.

Corona has a mortality rate of between 2.07% at the moment and a theoretical 4%.

The reason it looks like it's less dangerous at the moment is the number of people exposed. It's killing fewer people because fewer people have been infected at the moment. Once it gets a foothold the UK government have estimated 80% of the UK population will be infected. They are comfortably prepared for 500,000 dead. That's a lot more than flu.

The point is that there are no concrete process to avoid infection. Washing hands and sneezing/coughing into the crook of your arm is a placebo. If your going to get it you are going to get it. Covid actually lives on surfaces in cold and humid climates for up to 72 hours. Much much less in hot dry climates where it's protein shell can dry out and degrade.

We can't panic about what we can't change. Scientists around the world are looking for a vaccine and they are some seriously smart people. They will find a treatment. Possibly not a cure but a way to lessen its impact.

Unless you have underlying conditions that covid can exacerbate then you will most likely be ok. You might feel like death for a while but will recover.

So take what precautions you feel like you need to. Masks won't really help so avoid those pieces of shit who are trying to profit from this by selling had sanitiser for 65 quid a bottle.

Tell each other how much you love eachother. Don't be afraid to hold someone who's scared. Support eachother. Hold together as decent human beings and show some damn compassion for once as a whole species.

london

"What people are failing to realise is that covid19 is waaaay more dangerous than the seasonal flu ( influenza a and b) which in season 2019/2019 had a UK mortality rate of 0.13% and killed aprox 600 people.

Corona has a mortality rate of between 2.07% at the moment and a theoretical 4%.

The reason it looks like it's less dangerous at the moment is the number of people exposed. It's killing fewer people because fewer people have been infected at the moment. Once it gets a foothold the UK government have estimated 80% of the UK population will be infected. They are comfortably prepared for 500,000 dead. That's a lot more than flu.

The point is that there are no concrete process to avoid infection. Washing hands and sneezing/coughing into the crook of your arm is a placebo. If your going to get it you are going to get it. Covid actually lives on surfaces in cold and humid climates for up to 72 hours. Much much less in hot dry climates where it's protein shell can dry out and degrade.

We can't panic about what we can't change. Scientists around the world are looking for a vaccine and they are some seriously smart people. They will find a treatment. Possibly not a cure but a way to lessen its impact.

Unless you have underlying conditions that covid can exacerbate then you will most likely be ok. You might feel like death for a while but will recover.

So take what precautions you feel like you need to. Masks won't really help so avoid those pieces of shit who are trying to profit from this by selling had sanitiser for 65 quid a bottle.

Tell each other how much you love eachother. Don't be afraid to hold someone who's scared. Support eachother. Hold together as decent human beings and show some damn compassion for once as a whole species. "

Bravo

By *ECADANCE CLUB ROCHDALECouple  over a year ago

ROCHDALE

We at Decadance take the health of our customers very seriously and as all our reviews will tell you the club is alway kept extremely clean to the point some have said as being "clinical". Obviously we can't vouch for who's been out of the country but you certainly know with our hand drier if someone washes their hands.lol we are still having good attendance and hope all clubs have the same. Hopefully see you all soon.

london

"What people are failing to realise is that covid19 is waaaay more dangerous than the seasonal flu ( influenza a and b) which in season 2019/2019 had a UK mortality rate of 0.13% and killed aprox 600 people.

Tell each other how much you love eachother. Don't be afraid to hold someone who's scared. Support eachother. Hold together as decent human beings and show some damn compassion for once as a whole species.

Bravo "

If the government really want to do something, then prosecute the robbing bastards who are ripping of the general public.

“ some unscrupulous gits will always use others misfortune to make a quick buck”.

Bolton

arcadian..... A lot of what you say makes sense. The 500,000 figure is just way out of the window.... 500 - 1000 maybe, but how many of those will have had other complicating factors i.e. sever asthmatics ??

"

omg i think you better rush out and get better insurance the ones you have are definitely not good enough

Barnsley

"arcadian..... A lot of what you say makes sense. The 500,000 figure is just way out of the window.... 500 - 1000 maybe, but how many of those will have had other complicating factors i.e. sever asthmatics ??"

The 500,000 figure is actual government released estimated deaths and most of those will have underlying conditions or the very young or elderly.

A friend of mine works in the intel community and states they are stockpiling body bags at the moment but that there is no need or point in panicking.

We face so many dangers every single day. From random acts of chance to self destructive natures. We can fall apart over we this. It's just another of the things we should just accept is there and get on with our lives. Without screwing eachother over or stigmatizing the Infected.

Barnsley

"arcadian..... A lot of what you say makes sense. The 500,000 figure is just way out of the window.... 500 - 1000 maybe, but how many of those will have had other complicating factors i.e. sever asthmatics ??

The 500,000 figure is actual government released estimated deaths and most of those will have underlying conditions or the very young or elderly.

A friend of mine works in the intel community and states they are stockpiling body bags at the moment but that there is no need or point in panicking.

We face so many dangers every single day. From random acts of chance to self destructive natures. We can fall apart over we this. It's just another of the things we should just accept is there and get on with our lives. Without screwing eachother over or stigmatizing the Infected.

"

Can't fall apart over this not can. Damn autocorrect

"Wow

The flu

"

I’ve just been swimming in my local health club & some guy was coughing without covering his mouth - mind you, I had a steam & that’s supposed to kill any virus due to high temperatures (I hope)

All life is a risk, we consider the risks before we act most of the time, looking at the facts issued if you have underlying heart problems then your at the highest risk (which includes J he has genetic heart disease) if you get infected. It's the latest scare sensation of the world press many diseases and infections kill more than covid 19 or coronovirus has so far, like many have said flu is a big seasonal killer, how about malaria yellow fever dysentery etc...when it becomes wide spread around the uk we may consider not going out as much until then we will be going out as normal..

Why would we stop going to clubs? Shall we stop driving or crossing roads? More deaths on the roads today in Britain than the overhyped virus.

Dudley

"arcadian..... A lot of what you say makes sense. The 500,000 figure is just way out of the window.... 500 - 1000 maybe, but how many of those will have had other complicating factors i.e. sever asthmatics ??

"

That figure is not an estimate, it's worse case scenario.

London

That figure is not an estimate, it's worse case scenario. "

Even if it's a worst case scenario, it's a good enough reason to be gravely concerned.

Infections have increased by 70% in the last day

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Why would we stop going to clubs? Shall we stop driving or crossing roads? More deaths on the roads today in Britain than the overhyped virus. "

Well said

"Why would we stop going to clubs? Shall we stop driving or crossing roads? More deaths on the roads today in Britain than the overhyped virus.

Well said "

Do those things spread viruses?

Dudley

"Why would we stop going to clubs? Shall we stop driving or crossing roads? More deaths on the roads today in Britain than the overhyped virus.

Well said

"

You're more likely to die from them.

Well said

You're more likely to die from them. "

Not what I asked.

Dudley

Even if it's a worst case scenario, it's a good enough reason to be gravely concerned.

Infections have increased by 70% in the last day "

Most people who catch it will have mild symptoms.

Dudley

Well said

You're more likely to die from them.

Not what I asked."

London

Most people who catch it will have mild symptoms."

Yes, but 1 in 10 people will become very ill and 1 in 30-50 will die. If it spreads across the country thousands of people will die in this country alone.

Basically I think people have become utterly blasé to the realities of pandemics having not had to deal with one in our lifetime. The Spanish flu killed 100 millions people

Dudley

Yes, but 1 in 10 people will become very ill and 1 in 30-50 will die. If it spreads across the country thousands of people will die in this country alone.

Basically I think people have become utterly blasé to the realities of pandemics having not had to deal with one in our lifetime. The Spanish flu killed 100 millions people "

This isn't the Spanish flu, healthcare wasn't as advanced then as it is now.

I think too many people are acting irrationally, stating rumours as fact, ignoring real facts and just letting their imaginations run wild.

It's awful that people will die, I have family members that are in the higher risk groups and yes, I worry about them getting it but the fact is that the majority of people that get it will survive.

I've been following updates on this for a while and the best I can gather so far is that the best minds in the world know almost fuck all about what this does, how it works or what long term impacts it may have.

And yet it's amazing how many people are so very certain that they'll be fine.

I'm hopeful that we'll be fine too. We're relatively young, very active, fit & healthy etc.

Nonetheless I don't want to inadvertently spread it to elderly and infirm friends and relatives.

Fucking strangers in a club can't in any way be compared to crossing a road or going to a supermarket!

Birkenhead/Liverpool

500,000!! I think I need drop the club business (which is not the goldmine people think) and go into the funeral business!! lol

ok, not funny....I'll get my coat...or maybe my hazmat

xx

London

Basically I think people have become utterly blasé to the realities of pandemics having not had to deal with one in our lifetime. The Spanish flu killed 100 millions people

I think too many people are acting irrationally, stating rumours as fact, ignoring real facts and just letting their imaginations run wild.

It's awful that people will die, I have family members that are in the higher risk groups and yes, I worry about them getting it but the fact is that the majority of people that get it will survive. "

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Yes the vast majority of people will survive. But if it takes hold of a large swathe of the population vast numbers of people will die.

The mortality rate of this disease is pretty much in line with Spanish flu, so it's more similar than you think

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

went last night n going again tonite

By *abcouple87Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

We are staying in Balckpool this saturday and planned to attend a big event...now we are seriously thinking about it as there will be around 200 people...we might just stay in the hotel and invite a couple....dont know really...

Dudley

It's awful that people will die, I have family members that are in the higher risk groups and yes, I worry about them getting it but the fact is that the majority of people that get it will survive.

Yes the vast majority of people will survive. But if it takes hold of a large swathe of the population vast numbers of people will die.

The mortality rate of this disease is pretty much in line with Spanish flu, so it's more similar than you think "

There's no point continuing to converse with you. You prefer to take notice of rumours rather than fact.

London

The mortality rate of this disease is pretty much in line with Spanish flu, so it's more similar than you think

There's no point continuing to converse with you. You prefer to take notice of rumours rather than fact. "

Quite literally everything I've stated is a fact

By *weet_Sugar_LipsCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I actually think this ..... A lot of people seem to think that it’s ok to go play and think it’s not that bad etc etc saying I’m not going to panic yet. It’s YOU people that’s making it spread then!!! Your happy to go ahead and play not knowing who they have been near in clubs or work or where ever etc then you go home to work and can pass it on to others & the vulnerable. Reason this all spreads is because people’s attitudes saying ah we can’t stop living and until the news say stay in we will carry on. They have said on the news to try and stop this spreading wash hands face etc yet swinging we do much more then that!! You really want to carry on swinging for kicks then rather then say ah you know what couple weeks wouldn’t harm being in to see how far this virus does go. Your not helping g playing and if you can’t see this then something up. People need to listen to the news and today the numbers are getting bigger and higher every day. Might not be a thousand but if we all have this attitude it soon be in the 1000. I have to be careful as I have some health issues so I’m not playing I’m not risking my own health or anyone else’s for little bit of nookie life is more important and we can have sex and fun lots more when it’s settles down but wile the numbers get bigger I think that it’s way to risky!

Stay safe xx

There's no point continuing to converse with you. You prefer to take notice of rumours rather than fact.

Quite literally everything I've stated is a fact"

No, your spouting worse case scenario.

Walking across a road: worse case scenario if hit is death, likelyhood low risk. No difference with this overhyped cold.

So no, you're buying the hype as it makes a cracking story for the media who are scaring you.

Dudley

"I actually think this ..... A lot of people seem to think that it’s ok to go play and think it’s not that bad etc etc saying I’m not going to panic yet. It’s YOU people that’s making it spread then!!! Your happy to go ahead and play not knowing who they have been near in clubs or work or where ever etc then you go home to work and can pass it on to others & the vulnerable. Reason this all spreads is because people’s attitudes saying ah we can’t stop living and until the news say stay in we will carry on. They have said on the news to try and stop this spreading wash hands face etc yet swinging we do much more then that!! You really want to carry on swinging for kicks then rather then say ah you know what couple weeks wouldn’t harm being in to see how far this virus does go. Your not helping g playing and if you can’t see this then something up. People need to listen to the news and today the numbers are getting bigger and higher every day. Might not be a thousand but if we all have this attitude it soon be in the 1000. I have to be careful as I have some health issues so I’m not playing I’m not risking my own health or anyone else’s for little bit of nookie life is more important and we can have sex and fun lots more when it’s settles down but wile the numbers get bigger I think that it’s way to risky!

Stay safe xx "

Do you propose everyone in the country self isolates? That nobody goes anywhere just in case?

Stoke-on-Trent

"I actually think this ..... A lot of people seem to think that it’s ok to go play and think it’s not that bad etc etc saying I’m not going to panic yet. It’s YOU people that’s making it spread then!!! Your happy to go ahead and play not knowing who they have been near in clubs or work or where ever etc then you go home to work and can pass it on to others & the vulnerable. Reason this all spreads is because people’s attitudes saying ah we can’t stop living and until the news say stay in we will carry on. They have said on the news to try and stop this spreading wash hands face etc yet swinging we do much more then that!! You really want to carry on swinging for kicks then rather then say ah you know what couple weeks wouldn’t harm being in to see how far this virus does go. Your not helping g playing and if you can’t see this then something up. People need to listen to the news and today the numbers are getting bigger and higher every day. Might not be a thousand but if we all have this attitude it soon be in the 1000. I have to be careful as I have some health issues so I’m not playing I’m not risking my own health or anyone else’s for little bit of nookie life is more important and we can have sex and fun lots more when it’s settles down but wile the numbers get bigger I think that it’s way to risky!

Stay safe xx "

So have you stopped going to work, shopping, using cash machine???

Stay safe xx "

I think similar.

Added to which the comments by those who say they'll continue to attend clubs don't inspire confidence they're too concerned about anybody's health.

I'll save visiting clubs until I'm confident that it's under control.

Stay safe xx

So have you stopped going to work, shopping, using cash machine???"

I don't fuck people when I shop or work. I don't lick bodily fluids from cash machines.

Dudley

Stay safe xx

So have you stopped going to work, shopping, using cash machine???

I don't fuck people when I shop or work. I don't lick bodily fluids from cash machines."

You come into contact with far more surfaces and people out in the world though. You only need one person to sneeze by you or cough.

By *wfunCouple  over a year ago

West Kent

One of the earlier messages stated 640,000 worldwide deaths from flu, which is true.

BUT even if only 10% of the world population get the new virus and if "only" 1% of those people die, that is 7 MILLION people.

Even taking low estimates, this is serious.

Your more likely to win the lottery, catch an STD, and get hit by a bus then you are coronavirus.

My fingers are crossed for the lottery.

london

Next time i get ill I’m going to check on Fab Swingers for a remedy, these so called doctors and epidemiologists know nothing. I’m going to trust beryl & freddy from Blackpool.

By *RIDAY NIGHT LADYWoman  over a year ago

Bolton

the media have a lot to answer is all I am going to say "

This was discussed in the Gatehouse today!

The flu kills so many people!

It has been blown out of proportion, swine flu was not given this much publicity!

middlesex

Stay safe xx

I think similar.

Added to which the comments by those who say they'll continue to attend clubs don't inspire confidence they're too concerned about anybody's health.

I'll save visiting clubs until I'm confident that it's under control."

We started the thread as an attempt to see how people viewed the current and potential of a relatively unknown Virus.

The comments above probably summarise a lot of the comments so far.

Whether you are not bothered, very bothered, run a club or an event or shag whoever whenever there is a risk to us all. Time and attitude to events will impact how quickly this does or doesn't become a major issue.

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one.

With Starling having a respiratory illness and weak immune system we will be going into a low profile phase of Swinging.

Work,shopping,cinema etc have their own risks and each of us will make whatever decisions/choices we feel comfortable with. The initial point re a club though, i believe, is on a different level in terms of contact with people. Often strangers.

Like many have said stay safe.

Xx

"Your more likely to win the lottery, catch an STD, and get hit by a bus then you are coronavirus.

My fingers are crossed for the lottery."

I guess that's over 3,000 lottery winners in Italy right now then.

"

Whether you are not bothered, very bothered, run a club or an event or shag whoever whenever there is a risk to us all. Time and attitude to events will impact how quickly this does or doesn't become a major issue.

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one.

With Starling having a respiratory illness and weak immune system we will be going into a low profile phase of Swinging.

Work,shopping,cinema etc have their own risks and each of us will make whatever decisions/choices we feel comfortable with. The initial point re a club though, i believe, is on a different level in terms of contact with people. Often strangers.

Like many have said stay safe.

Xx"

We haven't been to one for a few months and we were looking to get to one before Easter, in fact it's the only reason we signed back up to this site!

Frustrating, but in the meantime we can enjoy making future plans and wait for things to settle down, by which time we'll be well up for it

london

It has been blown out of proportion, swine flu was not given this much publicity!"

The world famous Center for Epidemic

Research - the gatehouse.

By *wfunCouple  over a year ago

West Kent

It has been blown out of proportion, swine flu was not given this much publicity!

Research - the gatehouse. "

The reason why swine flu was not given this much publicity is because it didn't infect or kill as many people as this has ALREADY. We are just 2 months into this epidemic!

Dudley

Research - the gatehouse.

The reason why swine flu was not given this much publicity is because it didn't infect or kill as many people as this has ALREADY. We are just 2 months into this epidemic!"

Yes it did, do research before coming out with nonsense. There were over 12 thousand deaths in the US alone.

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

Didn't a 44 yr old die with it?? Might have to Google ages

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

ffs! it's not 28 days later!

By *orgeouslyyoursWoman  over a year ago

essex just looking around

They really need

**a like ** button on these feeds so you can agree with comments

Lancashire

Anything will happen..

But as fab goes everyone is OTT

Birkenhead/Liverpool

We'll be watching government and Dept of Health guidance carefully and will act accordingly. To be honest, if the virus starts spreading exponentially like it did in China, I think Public Health Wirral will be asking us to close temporarily. We are watched really closely by our local authority and we are happy to work with Public Health to ensure that our customers and staff are not putting themselves at unnecessary risk.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"We'll be watching government and Dept of Health guidance carefully and will act accordingly. To be honest, if the virus starts spreading exponentially like it did in China, I think Public Health Wirral will be asking us to close temporarily. We are watched really closely by our local authority and we are happy to work with Public Health to ensure that our customers and staff are not putting themselves at unnecessary risk. "
I'm watching the pubic guidelines closely. As all of my hobbies involve close contact with groups of people. ( although swinging a little closer) if and when they start warning against gatherings.. then I will stop going.

By *heEvilWithinWoman  over a year ago

Barnsley

The only reason they're worried is because they don't want the virus to mutate. It's just earth's way of saying fuck off population (like cancer was before so much research got put into it). People at risk are elderly, children and people with health and immunity problems. But most average people who catch it have symptoms like the flu. There's just a massive crisis in China because its so densely populated.

This is like when they said they were putting up the price of fuel from 80p to over £1 per litre. Widespread panic because people like propaganda. Like anti vaxers...

"The only reason they're worried is because they don't want the virus to mutate. It's just earth's way of saying fuck off population (like cancer was before so much research got put into it). People at risk are elderly, children and people with health and immunity problems. But most average people who catch it have symptoms like the flu. There's just a massive crisis in China because its so densely populated.

This is like when they said they were putting up the price of fuel from 80p to over £1 per litre. Widespread panic because people like propaganda. Like anti vaxers... "

I thought children were proving to be pretty resilient to it?

I think people's concerns about not wanting to inadvertently transmit a largely unknown virus to vulnerable people is quite different to people freaking out about every petrol tanks.

london

Breaking news this morning.

“ The virus has mutated to two new strains in China “.

By *weet_Sugar_LipsCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Yes I have actually I’m one of the venerable as I have some health issues and classed as disabled since last year and I have to be careful so my husband has loads of the hand sanitiser and is being very careful and not hugging people or shaking there hands in fear on passing it to me. We are doing everything to slow this down I’m not even going to my local I’ve stayed in. So hope that answers your question.

london

"The only reason they're worried is because they don't want the virus to mutate. It's just earth's way of saying fuck off population (like cancer was before so much research got put into it). People at risk are elderly, children and people with health and immunity problems. But most average people who catch it have symptoms like the flu. There's just a massive crisis in China because its so densely populated.

This is like when they said they were putting up the price of fuel from 80p to over £1 per litre. Widespread panic because people like propaganda. Like anti vaxers... "

This, from the world health organisation. Actual experts, not the daily express or Susan from hull who you met in the pub. At the moment it looks like it’s at least 10x the mortality of the flu so they want to keep the infection rate under control. At the moment it’s manageable in the uk, I’ll probably visit a club but it’s not “media hype” or “just like cancer”

“The second major difference is that COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.

While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.

Third, we have vaccines and therapeutics for seasonal flu, but at the moment there is no vaccine and no specific treatment for COVID-19. However, clinical trials of therapeutics are now being done, and more than 20 vaccines are in development “

This is like when they said they were putting up the price of fuel from 80p to over £1 per litre. Widespread panic because people like propaganda. Like anti vaxers...

This, from the world health organisation. Actual experts, not the daily express or Susan from hull who you met in the pub. At the moment it looks like it’s at least 10x the mortality of the flu so they want to keep the infection rate under control. At the moment it’s manageable in the uk, I’ll probably visit a club but it’s not “media hype” or “just like cancer”

“The second major difference is that COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.

While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.

Third, we have vaccines and therapeutics for seasonal flu, but at the moment there is no vaccine and no specific treatment for COVID-19. However, clinical trials of therapeutics are now being done, and more than 20 vaccines are in development “"

the issue with the current figures is that it's a small sample of data..so we only have a rough idea and they will take thr higher figures. The fact is they are not testing everyone that has symptoms and there could actually be many more people that have had it and survived than we will ever know about x

We had planned on going to Quest in Leeds on Saturday night (couples and single ladies event I believe) but have to admit we’re a little wary now :/

Mrs.

By *rikey25Man  over a year ago

mids

10 million people in Wuhan and 70000 people caught it in China, even if they all lived in Wuhan which they don’t then my maths say 0.7% of the population of Wuhan caught it

80% of those had it mildly and 3% died

So that’s 3% of the 0.7% who caught it died.

Is that 0.021% of the population of Wuhan, (which was the epicentre in China) actually died.

Currently just over 1 in every million people in the UK has it.

This will increase....do I risk it at the mo? When do I start to worry? Will my actions possibly increase these stats?

Not sure, but thought some stats might help me and maybe others decide. Xx

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Lock yourself away in a bubble wrap

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I volunteer with people who have complex medical needs and challenged immune systems, and apart from making more of a show of clean hands (we did anyway), we're carrying on as normal. I think most swinging club guests have nothing to worry about at this stage.

London

Stay safe xx "

You're right, I believe we should disregard the advice of all qualified medics and revert to the advice of you guys whose qualifications in the area are at best dubious.

I wonder if there's a correlation between misunderstanding the potential issue of this and how people voted on brexit

By *hambolicMan  over a year ago

Dorchester

As much as I love a good political argument (and generally sway toward siding with the experts on things), I'm skimming this thread because I was thinking of headign to Torquay for their first Friday of the month tomorrow, but now am not so sure...

IMO the current risk of COVID is tiny in the UK, although that's possibly only kept that way by lowering risk of transmission. However, anyone that goes shopping early evening, or gets on a bus a couple of times a week, or takes a train, is probably exposing themselves far more than someone in a club.

Well, OK, phrasing...

What I'm more concerned about on a selfish note is I don't feel like dragging myself over to Devon, booking a room, etc if I'm the only person in the club! So I'm trying to feel out how cautious people are being at the moment.

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Think it will be more of a concern for those who are in close contact with the elderly or infirm.

Think everyone needs to lower age bracket from 99 and be safe "

Dudley

Stay safe xx

You're right, I believe we should disregard the advice of all qualified medics and revert to the advice of you guys whose qualifications in the area are at best dubious.

I wonder if there's a correlation between misunderstanding the potential issue of this and how people voted on brexit"

People aren't misunderstanding and it's feck all to do with brexit.

London

Stay safe xx

I wonder if there's a correlation between misunderstanding the potential issue of this and how people voted on brexit

People aren't misunderstanding and it's feck all to do with brexit. "

It really is a misunderstanding.

I was talking about a correlation in attitudes and the 'tired of experts' World view.

For what it's worth I think this outbreak will actually impact on the brexit timeline

london

Brexit was the only thing spoke about for three years, especially buy the I love the sound of my own voice “ James O’Brien “. But have not heard pretty much anything lately with the corona virus hitting the headlines.

Dudley

Stay safe xx

I was talking about a correlation in attitudes and the 'tired of experts' World view.

For what it's worth I think this outbreak will actually impact on the brexit timeline "

I'm not tired of experts, I'm tired of idiots trying to act like experts while distorting facts, spreading false stories and trying to scare people.

By *reedybunny mr truckerCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

We have taken the decision to hit pause for now. I (bunny) have asthma and have decided the risk seems higher in sharing bodily fluids than normal every day activities . However I'm shocked at some of the attitudes in the comments I have read. The consquences of this virus not being contained has a bigger impact on our more vulnerable members of society . Hopefully everyone who continues to enjoy the lifestyle maintains the handwashing advice between plays and the clubs increase their hygiene regimes. Given how easily STI can be transmitted this new virus could potentially be spread very easily through the swinging community If the virus spirals in the uk as it has it italy. We all have a responsibility to take care of each other too.

London

Stay safe xx

For what it's worth I think this outbreak will actually impact on the brexit timeline

I'm not tired of experts, I'm tired of idiots trying to act like experts while distorting facts, spreading false stories and trying to scare people. "

I think you may suffer from a degree of cognitive dissonance. I've literally explained the objective facts about the current situation based on what the experts in the field have been saying, and you've created the idea in your head that the facts are twisted and false.

A significant outbreak in the UK is now looking likely, so look after yourself and please don't let your arrogant attitude lead to the infection of those more vulnerable than yourself

Lancashire

I forgot about swine flu lol but still here lol

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

There are some seriously ignorant points of view on this thread.

Yes - there is a risk of picking up the infection from the handle of a supermarket trolley. There is also a heightened risk from kissing an infected person who equally may not themselves know that they are infected.

As I understand, the risk from infection is not to the overwhelming majority of people who are ordinarily healthy. The risk is that the more people who become infected - the greater risk there is of vulnerable people becoming infected and subsequently dying.

It appears to be par for the course in modern society to accept risks personally whilst simultaneously not thinking about the potential knock on consequences for the more vulnerable. An ordinarily healthy person may easily recover from this virus - but whilst they are virulent, they could infect countless other people in supermarkets, shops, pubs, clubs (and swingersclubs) and those people can have close daily contact with other more vulnerable people.

Dudley

Stay safe xx

I'm not tired of experts, I'm tired of idiots trying to act like experts while distorting facts, spreading false stories and trying to scare people.

I think you may suffer from a degree of cognitive dissonance. I've literally explained the objective facts about the current situation based on what the experts in the field have been saying, and you've created the idea in your head that the facts are twisted and false.

A significant outbreak in the UK is now looking likely, so look after yourself and please don't let your arrogant attitude lead to the infection of those more vulnerable than yourself "

I wasn't actually talking about you twisting the facts, the fact that you felt you needed to make personal comments about me tells me alot though. You have no idea of my personal situation, nor my plans to prevent catching and spreading the virus.

I suggest you take a second to climb down from the pedestal you have put yourself on before accusing anyone of arrogance.

If you wish to take the risk then that is your choice.

If you choose to take the risk that you may pick up covid 19 and pass it on to someone else that is also your choice.

If a person you pass it onto then becomes seriously ill or possibly dies then that is your responsibility.

The questions we all need to ask ourselves are these: Should be take the risk and are we prepared to shoulder the responsibility all for the sake of a sexual encounter? Or should we just take a step back see what happens?

Life is short but it can be made an awful lot shorter by the decisions we make.

Bolton

"If you wish to take the risk then that is your choice.

If you choose to take the risk that you may pick up covid 19 and pass it on to someone else that is also your choice.

If a person you pass it onto then becomes seriously ill or possibly dies then that is your responsibility.

The questions we all need to ask ourselves are these: Should be take the risk and are we prepared to shoulder the responsibility all for the sake of a sexual encounter? Or should we just take a step back see what happens?

Life is short but it can be made an awful lot shorter by the decisions we make."

What you say a quite true but this virus can be passed on in many other ways: it does not need sexual contact. A trip to the pub for a pint cold be sufficient...

Stoke-on-Trent

Life is short but it can be made an awful lot shorter by the decisions we make."

The thread is about the virus and Clubs.

If you are still going to work, out shopping etc then you are as safe in a Club.

If you put yourself into isolation from everything else then you presumably won't be going to a Swinger's Club either.

More chance catching it in a busy work place or out shopping.....

If your going to catch it, your going to catch it....

life goes on

Heaton Park Manchester

"life goes on "

But we are all going to die and that IS a FACT.

Death is the ONLY certainty in life. From the very moment of your conception.

Then what?

Life goes on ...

Heaton Park Manchester

And so we isolate ourselves for 14 days to be certain that we are uninfected and go out to buy food and isolate ourselves again for another 14 days to ensure we aren't infected and aren't a threat to others until we have to go out again and risk infection and then more isolation.

When is it safe to act normally?????

Or is this to become the normal standard of behaviour??

Wash your hands, use a tissue, observe normal hygiene, refrain from licking public surfaces etc. and the risk is reduced.

london

"10 million people in Wuhan and 70000 people caught it in China, even if they all lived in Wuhan which they don’t then my maths say 0.7% of the population of Wuhan caught it

80% of those had it mildly and 3% died

So that’s 3% of the 0.7% who caught it died.

Is that 0.021% of the population of Wuhan, (which was the epicentre in China) actually died.

Currently just over 1 in every million people in the UK has it.

This will increase....do I risk it at the mo? When do I start to worry? Will my actions possibly increase these stats?

Not sure, but thought some stats might help me and maybe others decide. Xx

"

Well yes, quiet. In Wuhan they implemented very draconian measure to keep people isolated whether they had the virus or not. I’m guessing that would include swingers clubs!

Actually, I’m not especially worried but as and when the experts say stay in then I’m staying in. (yes, they do exist. They build planes, develop drugs ANALYSE DATA)

Dudley

You obviously have not read up about how the virus is spread, you'd be far more likely to catch it in a supermarket since there's a higher volume of people sneezing and touching everything.

You obviously have not read up about how the virus is spread, you'd be far more likely to catch it in a supermarket since there's a higher volume of people sneezing and touching everything. "

Exactly this. My fanny has a lot less germs than a Tesco trolly handle

"

Exactly this. My fanny has a lot less germs than a Tesco trolly handle "

oh I just laughed x

"And I'm guessing not many people have caught the Corona virus in a swingers club"

And if they do are they gonna say that's where they caught it from ?

You obviously have not read up about how the virus is spread, you'd be far more likely to catch it in a supermarket since there's a higher volume of people sneezing and touching everything. "

The term convergence springs to mind.

Dudley

You obviously have not read up about how the virus is spread, you'd be far more likely to catch it in a supermarket since there's a higher volume of people sneezing and touching everything.

The term convergence springs to mind. "

Have you stopped going shopping? Going to public places? Going to work? If not then you're equally as responsible if someone catches it from you and dies as I am if I go to a swingers club.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Talking of Tesco - it was packed this morning. So was Starbucks and B&Q and then Morrisons. Around Hanley was pretty busy - Bank was busy too . . .

Business as usual as I see it - plus we are doing EXTRA stuff in the club hygeine wise.

Cat X

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"And I'm guessing not many people have caught the Corona virus in a swingers club

And if they do are they gonna say that's where they caught it from ? "

If we were in South Korea, we might not have been given the choice.

They have a tracking system which has outed people who have been to massage parlours and some who have been having affairs. No names but people have joined the dots

Sure the addition of going to a place where physical contact is the name of the game is somewhat different to going to the supermarket. When I return home I know wash my hands. When you go to a club are you washing your hands every time you touch anything or anyone?

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

My source from BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51733145

I’d say it is more of an interesting story than one to cause alarm.

Dudley

"Sure the addition of going to a place where physical contact is the name of the game is somewhat different to going to the supermarket. When I return home I know wash my hands. When you go to a club are you washing your hands every time you touch anything or anyone?"

There are far less people in a swingers club than other places. I'm no more putting people at risk than you are going to a supermarket.

Well said.

"Sure the addition of going to a place where physical contact is the name of the game is somewhat different to going to the supermarket. When I return home I know wash my hands. When you go to a club are you washing your hands every time you touch anything or anyone?

There are far less people in a swingers club than other places. I'm no more putting people at risk than you are going to a supermarket. "

im sure the people you meet in a club have been living a plastic isolation tent before being let out....! lol

Dudley

"Sure the addition of going to a place where physical contact is the name of the game is somewhat different to going to the supermarket. When I return home I know wash my hands. When you go to a club are you washing your hands every time you touch anything or anyone?

There are far less people in a swingers club than other places. I'm no more putting people at risk than you are going to a supermarket.

im sure the people you meet in a club have been living a plastic isolation tent before being let out....! lol"

Same as the people you meet everyday doing your usual things.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's largely time now to educate ourselves, as there is almost zero infection level in the UK.

It will increase over time, if containment measures including self-isolation, flight cancellations and the very simple instructions of how to wash hands with soap and water, not touching your face etc, don't continue to keep infection numbers at a near zero level in the UK.

I've just flown back to the UK and am amazed at some of the paranoia here.

Still having meets unless I get ill or have associated with a person who is known to be infected

Dudley

"It's largely time now to educate ourselves, as there is almost zero infection level in the UK.

It will increase over time, if containment measures including self-isolation, flight cancellations and the very simple instructions of how to wash hands with soap and water, not touching your face etc, don't continue to keep infection numbers at a near zero level in the UK.

I've just flown back to the UK and am amazed at some of the paranoia here.

Still having meets unless I get ill or have associated with a person who is known to be infected "

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

Bournmouth

Bugger, that’s a double whammy for us old folk x

Might need to lower our age preferences, just in case!! "