FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > New version of Edge Browser

New version of Edge Browser

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looks like Microsoft have released a new version of the Edge browser. I've installed it and have managed to get Flash Player to work for the chatrooms but it does state that support for Flash will end in December 2020, so 7 months to go then anyone using Edge will be unable to use the video feature of chat.

Are there any plans to upgrade the site so that Flash is no longer required to use Video chat ? I have no desire to use any other browser therefore Chrome etc in my case would not be an option. Other sites that I use have switched to a non-flash platform some time ago.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *esley_CTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Admin have remained very quiet about this since the demise of Flash was first announced...

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Admin have remained very quiet about this since the demise of Flash was first announced..."

I agree, it seems that the answer is to use another browser, but ,,,,, hang on, I want to use the browser I have always used and most other sites seem to have made the change so I wonder what the problem is here ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I understood that flash was going to be completely removed as an option for any browser after this year, so there just won't be any capability to use the chat rooms on any system using flash.

As others state, it's for the site to concern themselves with and for users to carry on, until fab informs us of any different requirements for site use. They don't typically provide much advanced notice of site upgrades, potentially as plans can change, especially if reliant on third parties.

By *ackietv1TV/TS  over a year ago

caerphilly

Admin removed another thread on this issue a week ago. Obviously a sensitive issue but we must accept. Flash is dead.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

You will be surprised how many websites and apps still use flash, a lot of gambling sites and apps for instance Obviously by the end of year they will have to come with a plan. Microsoft edge and explorer have flash embedded in their code which i assume they will patch out on 31st december.

» Add a new message to this topic