FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Postcode location updates

Postcode location updates

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ennottsguy OP   Man  over a year ago

Long eaton

Can updates not reflect distance from postcode location.. i switch between postcodes to see updates from local areas.. ie I live on De/Ng border.. i recieve updates from 70 miles away in Ng, but not from 3 miles away in DE postcode when i put my proper postcode in fab

. Surely updates can be set for profiles within a certain mileage and not just standard postcode suffix?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can updates not reflect distance from postcode location.. i switch between postcodes to see updates from local areas.. ie I live on De/Ng border.. i recieve updates from 70 miles away in Ng, but not from 3 miles away in DE postcode when i put my proper postcode in fab

. Surely updates can be set for profiles within a certain mileage and not just standard postcode suffix?"

if you go to browse and you can set it to 5, 10, 15, 20 miles etc for you to see who you like to message or look at, but anyone can message you from where ever

By *av-RickMan  over a year ago

Nearby

"if you go to browse and you can set it to 5, 10, 15, 20 miles etc for you to see who you like to message or look at, but anyone can message you from where ever"

This does not solve the issue the OP is referring to.

The same happens with me in Lincs - I'm LN, which covers 40+miles away yet I'm only 10 miles from some DN and 20 odd miles from some PE and NG postcodes.

Given that fab asks for the first half of your postcode, eg LN2, a tick box of say 10 first halves of postcodes in your region that would interest you in your local updates would actually be far more local than what is currently showing.

By *weet Delight2016Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere nice

I do the same and agree with you.

People tend to get a little suspicious if you "move" around in this way.

» Add a new message to this topic