FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Profile distances

Profile distances

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else having profile distancing? Not social distancing. Lol. But you find someone on Fab that fits your requirements it's says they are within 10 miles. Within 5 on mobile. When you contact them they live 30+ away. What's that all about?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

You can't force people to be honest.

Some people don't want recognising locally

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

If you are using the Who's Near then it will give their location using their phones location (assuming they have it turned on and current), so they may be near you for work but live 30 miles away.

Or as I do, I live in a small town so have given the postcode of my local large town as I don't want people local to me knowing I live close by.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"If you are using the Who's Near then it will give their location using their phones location (assuming they have it turned on and current), so they may be near you for work but live 30 miles away.

Or as I do, I live in a small town so have given the postcode of my local large town as I don't want people local to me knowing I live close by."

Makes sense I suppose just a bit frustrating if your looking for someone local to meet and they turn out to be miles away.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

"If you are using the Who's Near then it will give their location using their phones location (assuming they have it turned on and current), so they may be near you for work but live 30 miles away.

Or as I do, I live in a small town so have given the postcode of my local large town as I don't want people local to me knowing I live close by."

Not forgetting that the phone location is not really very accurate anyway. It once told me that another member (my sister) was half a mile away and we were sat next to each other on the couch

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Prefer a bit of distance. Don't like meets to be too close.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm in Somerset, but anyone in Newport or Cardiff fab says they are only 40 miles away. They would be if you could swim across the Bristol Channel.

You double that by the time you've driven up to and over the Severn Bridge??

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or as I do, I live in a small town so have given the postcode of my local large town as I don't want people local to me knowing I live close by.

Not forgetting that the phone location is not really very accurate anyway. It once told me that another member (my sister) was half a mile away and we were sat next to each other on the couch "

I think it does that on purpose to stop people being identified when they could be your neighbour for example. Still provides a little anonymity.

» Add a new message to this topic