FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Distance blocking

Distance blocking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Probably been brought up before, but is there anyway to add something that blocks people messaging from over a certain amount of miles away?xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

Another handy feature we could do with!

I wish there was a filter for distance but as yet there isnt

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Now this is a feature I’d really like. The vast majority of my messages come from people over an hour away and as I don’t cam and won’t travel more than 30 minutes it’s absolutely pointless me talking to them. I’d love to be able to filter them out the same as with age etc.

By *quirt1810Woman  over a year ago

Boston

Yep I too could do with this feature

By *enfold75Man  over a year ago

hemel hempstead

Yep i agree we need this feature

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

What a great idea. I'd love this feature too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lots of people willing to travel for meet though

Cardiff

"Lots of people willing to travel for meet though "

They don’t have to use the filter if they’re happy to travel, and they’ll be able to contact anyone who also doesn’t use it. Personally I don’t want anyone traveling hours to meet me, however willing they might be - I don’t meet without a social on a different day, no-one is going to want to travel just for a social and I can guarantee that if they did, they’d put huge pressure on me to play straight away. So I’d just prefer not to be contacted by people outside my local area.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

"Lots of people willing to travel for meet though

They don’t have to use the filter if they’re happy to travel, and they’ll be able to contact anyone who also doesn’t use it. Personally I don’t want anyone traveling hours to meet me, however willing they might be - I don’t meet without a social on a different day, no-one is going to want to travel just for a social and I can guarantee that if they did, they’d put huge pressure on me to play straight away. So I’d just prefer not to be contacted by people outside my local area."

Exactly that. Also if I happened to be free & wanted a spontaneous social I wouldn't want to wait hours for someone especially if I'm time limited

"Lots of people willing to travel for meet though

They don’t have to use the filter if they’re happy to travel, and they’ll be able to contact anyone who also doesn’t use it. Personally I don’t want anyone traveling hours to meet me, however willing they might be - I don’t meet without a social on a different day, no-one is going to want to travel just for a social and I can guarantee that if they did, they’d put huge pressure on me to play straight away. So I’d just prefer not to be contacted by people outside my local area.

Exactly that. Also if I happened to be free & wanted a spontaneous social I wouldn't want to wait hours for someone especially if I'm time limited"

Then obviously you would not have spontaneous meet with that person.. though I have combined a weekend away with seeing family and having a social/meet the next night.. guess we all use fab differently but good to have options rather than more restrictions got enough of them already x

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Distance filter would be the best thing ever, many many many times people have said about it, even more have commented they would use it!

"I'm willing to travel" actually makes me cringe from them so far away! You might be willing to travel matey but I ain't willing to sit around waiting

Similar to what I've asked for...

You set what your looking for in terms of people, distance, preferences etc.

And then there could be a tick box to "Hide me from those outside of my looking for list"

By *o Trash in My TrailerMan  over a year ago

Daytona Beach

"Probably been brought up before, but is there anyway to add something that blocks people messaging from over a certain amount of miles away?xx"

What does it matter right now you are not meant to be meeting people for sex anyway well thats what the site rules day.

"Probably been brought up before, but is there anyway to add something that blocks people messaging from over a certain amount of miles away?xx

What does it matter right now you are not meant to be meeting people for sex anyway well thats what the site rules day. "

Some of us have no interest in pointless communication with them so far away and hitting delete on unread messages actually gets well boring

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Another handy feature we could do with!

I wish there was a filter for distance but as yet there isnt"

By *anna Needs CockWoman  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Pointless as people will just change their location and still contact you.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

The men sending pointless messages from far away are probably paying supporters fees so stopping them doing so would change the revenue model.

I don't care about mileage.

I travel when covid wasn't here.

Met others. Who also travelled miles to meet others. Each to their own.

Bring back my previous life please covid 19

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

[Removed by poster at 12/10/20 13:20:16]

doncaster

Yes I would like this filter too and a height filter would be great

Wandered about this too haha would use it x

"Wandered about this too haha would use it x"

Wondered I can't fucking spell

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

What's to stop people changing their postcode and then messaging?

doncaster

"What's to stop people changing their postcode and then messaging?"
what's to stop ppl moving to your area just so they can message you ?

"What's to stop people changing their postcode and then messaging?what's to stop ppl moving to your area just so they can message you ? "

Hahahahaha I wouldn't put it past some guys on here to be honest!

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"What's to stop people changing their postcode and then messaging?what's to stop ppl moving to your area just so they can message you ? "

Actually moving house is expensive and timely but changing your postcode online takes seconds and costs nowt.

People are unlikely to move home to be able to message.

Are they unlikely to change their postcode to message?

Cardiff

"What's to stop people changing their postcode and then messaging?what's to stop ppl moving to your area just so they can message you ?

Actually moving house is expensive and timely but changing your postcode online takes seconds and costs nowt.

People are unlikely to move home to be able to message.

Are they unlikely to change their postcode to message?"

I’m sure there are guys who would do this, just like there are guys who’ll make a photo public, message, then hide it again to get round the “no public photos” filter. But it would reduce the numbers a lot, I’m sure.

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

Spot on ! Happened to me only last week

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

It’d be ok for most but they’ll always be people like us out in the sticks.

Small shop 20 minutes away

Large supermarket 50 minutes away

B&Q, The Range Etc & neatest group social 70 minutes away.

What makes people A. Think travelling is an issue for many & B. Those that do wouldn’t tie it in with something else more vanilla for before or after the social?

In our opinion if you get issues with those pressuring to play because they’ve travelled on a regular basis then you haven’t carried out enough due diligence.

S

Cardiff

"It’d be ok for most but they’ll always be people like us out in the sticks.

What makes people A. Think travelling is an issue for many & B. Those that do wouldn’t tie it in with something else more vanilla for before or after the social?

In our opinion if you get issues with those pressuring to play because they’ve travelled on a regular basis then you haven’t carried out enough due diligence.

S"

Personally I don’t care if travelling isn’t an issue for someone else, I get so many messages from people saying they’re willing to travel but I really don’t care. 99% of people who say that mean they’re willing to travel for a play meet, not for a social (which is part of my “due diligence” so is essential). I don’t want to waste time talking to people 100s of miles away on the off chance that they might be the 1% who’ll travel for a social.

And honestly the further someone has to travel, the more likely it is that they’ll wake up on the arranged day and not fancy driving all that way, which would waste my day because it’s not easy to set up an alternative at last minute.

I understand what you’re saying about people who live in remote areas, but I don’t feel that I have any obligation to change the way I operate to such a degree to accommodate other people’s circumstances.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"It’d be ok for most but they’ll always be people like us out in the sticks.

S

Personally I don’t care if travelling isn’t an issue for someone else, I get so many messages from people saying they’re willing to travel but I really don’t care. 99% of people who say that mean they’re willing to travel for a play meet, not for a social (which is part of my “due diligence” so is essential). I don’t want to waste time talking to people 100s of miles away on the off chance that they might be the 1% who’ll travel for a social.

And honestly the further someone has to travel, the more likely it is that they’ll wake up on the arranged day and not fancy driving all that way, which would waste my day because it’s not easy to set up an alternative at last minute.

I understand what you’re saying about people who live in remote areas, but I don’t feel that I have any obligation to change the way I operate to such a degree to accommodate other people’s circumstances."

Makes sense, shame there’s not more people on here like us in that respect then, to us if a profile says an age, a distance “I don’t care if you’re travelling” etc & we don’t fit, we don’t message end of.

Can see why you’d want it if you’d got “Local only” on the profile & people outside that messaged.

Some might want a minimum distance block too though

S

Cardiff

"

Makes sense, shame there’s not more people on here like us in that respect then, to us if a profile says an age, a distance “I don’t care if you’re travelling” etc & we don’t fit, we don’t message end of.

Can see why you’d want it if you’d got “Local only” on the profile & people outside that messaged.

Some might want a minimum distance block too though

S"

Oh, people definitely do, and I can understand that as well - one doesn’t necessarily want to bump into neighbours on here!

» Add a new message to this topic