FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i was just thinkin while i read my mail that on another site you had a precentage for how many you replied to so the more you just deleted your precentage went down or read but not replied.

Not sure the reason for doing this but maybe to show that you was a genuine site member.

Other members who looked on your profile could see your precentage.

Would it be a good idea to have it on Fab?

I know the single ladies get a hell of alot of mail on here as do couples but some do delete without reading when its from a gen guy thats strung more than two words together.

Would it be a good idea or just a useless tool like the winks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"i was just thinkin while i read my mail that on another site you had a precentage for how many you replied to so the more you just deleted your precentage went down or read but not replied.

Not sure the reason for doing this but maybe to show that you was a genuine site member.

I know the single ladies get a hell of alot of mail on here as do couples but some do delete without reading when its from a gen guy thats strung more than two words together.

Would it be a good idea or just a useless tool like the winks? "

i can see why it might help but i would drown under the weight of replying to mail from people who hadnt read my profile and were totally unsuitable, just to keep my percentage up and not look as if im not genuinely interested in the right people.

Like many single women here you can get up to 60 messages...if every one of those takes a minute to open , cut and paste a reply and send ..thats an hour. If most of them send one back ( about right as its usually a thanks for replying one ) then will i have to then reply to those to or will they then show as read but not replied..bringing my percentage down again .

so i;m not sure how it can work to give a fair representation of how genuine someone is .

i understand where your coming from! Not actually sure why it was there or if it worked.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think the winks are useless, just the people that have no idea how to use them are.

No I don't think it would be a good idea to have that feature and I cannot imagine why any other site would want such a thing.

We make no bones about it, we probably reply to 2% or less of our mail, but it doesn't mean that we are any less genuine than a member who replies to 100% of their mail. We probably meet 95% of the 2% of mail we respond to.

So who is the more genuine member, the one who replies to 100% of the mail and meets 1%, or the one who replies to 2% and meets 95% ?

good answer redhot! And good question!!!

Forum Mod

Start forcing people to reply to messages that hold no interest just to prove they are genuine will have people leaving in droves

Winks are'nt always useless,we have met a couple of people on the strength of a wink

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"i was just thinkin while i read my mail that on another site you had a precentage for how many you replied to so the more you just deleted your precentage went down or read but not replied.

Would it be a good idea or just a useless tool like the winks? "

It used to be on another site we belong too, but I don't think it was to show if someone was genuine or not..... I thought of it as more along the lines you could make an informed decision on wether to mail that person as the % of mails replied might show how likely you were to get a reply.

» Add a new message to this topic