FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Push messages- Android google?

Push messages- Android google?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itq2018 OP   Man  over a year ago

Torquay

Guys last year or the year before u stopped push messages on android and Google chrome as a temporary stop .... so when is it going to be in use again? I hate the email option

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itq2018 OP   Man  over a year ago

Torquay

This is the reaspn they removed it ....

In a nutshell: If you've been using push notifications on Google Chrome, these are temporarily OFF. They will return, and you'll need to opt back in on the site. We'll notify you when we're ready.

In detail:

The bad news. We've had to pause push notifications temporarily. The underlying service we used to use to power this is no longer provided (by Google). Push notifications have been in test for some time on our site and only worked with Google Chrome on Android phones. We were quite an early adopter of this, and both the platform we use to power it and our implementation need updating.

The good news. Google provide a new platform to power push notifications. We're in the process of updating our services to use this new platform. We are also re-working the front-facing portion of push notifications to be more reliable and cover a wider range of mobile browsers than just Chrome (for example, we'd love to be able to support default Samsung Android browser).

Historically, when it worked the push notifications were great but we found from our own experience that it wasn't always reliable. We expect the new implementation to improve reliability as well as browser coverage.

We'll provide an update once we're ready. You will have to re-opt in to notifications once we're up and running again.

By *rogMan  over a year ago

Halifax

I wouldn't hold your breath for any update, mate.

I've been asking the same question since it happened. They're clearly not interested in letting anyone know what's happening.

» Add a new message to this topic