FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Should messaging have a fee!

Should messaging have a fee!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hear me out first.

While it does risk destroying the site further as most are only here because messaging is free,

1. It would get rid of the dead weight.

2. It would stop the copy n paste spam.

3. It'll stop the full inbox lies.

4. It would also stop people having multiple accounts as most here only have one payment method which will be picked up on when paying for site services.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

After the one I just got yes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"After the one I just got yes "

one??!!

It would stop a lot of that as most won't want to pay to abuse other users

What and miss all the BS...forget that

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"It would stop a lot of that as most won't want to pay to abuse other users"

Would it though and some just don’t see anything wrong in how they interact with others

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

No it's easy to ignore messages that are crap .And I wouldn't want to be paying money to send messages either.

By *issAphroditeWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

Full inbox lies?

Doire Theas

"After the one I just got yes

one??!!"

Well no more than one this week actually don’t know why people feel the need to be mean

I don't think it would change much.

You still find plenty of those type of people on here who pay for site supporter.

Tbh that would make me just stop using this site, I have two accounts on Fabguys(one male, one TV) and the single account here. Your idea i would assume would be spread across both sites meaning i would be paying for messages 3 times, ontop of already paying for membership (Have been a member continuously for the last 4 out of 5 years i have used the sites)

Silly idea is silly and would kill the site

one??!!

Well no more than one this week actually don’t know why people feel the need to be mean "

I'm not sure what they said but if it was anything to do with your personality or looks you shouldn't let it get to you. You're absolutely lovely and very sweet.

Doire Theas

one??!!

Well no more than one this week actually don’t know why people feel the need to be mean

I'm not sure what they said but if it was anything to do with your personality or looks you shouldn't let it get to you. You're absolutely lovely and very sweet."

Aww thank you beautiful I really appreciate that

If you're a site supporter then messaging stays free, if not then your are charge per message.

Sorry, I should of been more specific.

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"Hear me out first.

While it does risk destroying the site further as most are only here because messaging is free,

1. It would get rid of the dead weight.

2. It would stop the copy n paste spam.

3. It'll stop the full inbox lies.

4. It would also stop people having multiple accounts as most here only have one payment method which will be picked up on when paying for site services."

Intesing thought but if you were paying for your messages and the still got ignored and deleted how would people feel?

Plus people would just start using watsapp or kik ect after the first message as way of getting around message fees

Site supporters would go down also, who wannts to pay for a membership each month then be charged per message....

"actually don’t know why people feel the need to be mean "

That's because (thankfully) your brain doesn't tick that way.

Keep your eyes peeled, you'll get an uplifting message to balance it out soon enough I bet!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It wouldn't make much difference but how would it work in principle?

Would you charge per message which would require keeping everyone's payment details on the site or would everyone have to pay an additional fee on top of their site supporters contribution? That option would be unfair on those who don't send many messages.

I don't but regardless of what option was chosen i wouldn't pay to message.

Doire Theas

"actually don’t know why people feel the need to be mean

That's because (thankfully) your brain doesn't tick that way.

Keep your eyes peeled, you'll get an uplifting message to balance it out soon enough I bet!"

Thank you

Yes! You can't tell me that every female on here gets a full inbox & if they do then that's their fault for being lazy to use the block button.

kik & apps that don't require a phone number yeah more then likely but I don't anyone would give their number to someone they haven't met or talked to unless they're male lol

Ok, so your suggestion is that site-supporters get free messages, but non site-supporters pay per message.

So, lets say a site-supporting single man messages a non site-supporting woman (or indeed a couple)

See where this is going?

"Yes! You can't tell me that every female on here gets a full inbox & if they do then that's their fault for being lazy to use the block button."

I have woken up to over 300 messages in my inbox over night on Fabguys. I can reguarly get 50-100 messages a week. Gone down a bit because people who keep spamming me have got the point and stopped mostly. I joined Grindr the otherday and had 100 seperate people message me some with mulltiple messages in the first 24 hours

Its not that difficult to ignore them

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Croydon

"Yes! You can't tell me that every female on here gets a full inbox & if they do then that's their fault for being lazy to use the block button."

So the issue itself is the huge amount of messages women receive from men? Does that mean that your suggestion is manly focused on men having to pay for messages? Because there are plenty of those sites ( where only the men have to pay) and statistically speaking those sites have more catfish and fake profiles ( and more angry and frustrated men) then anywhere else on the internet. I think the fact that on fab you can get verified and other people can vouch (that you are genuine) is the best way to get the most out of a site like this.

It would feel more shitty then it already does when you send a message & get ignored or deleted.

I'm just after thoughts & opinions.

Belfast

I always think that people who complain about the amount of messages they get are like those who go out wearing a hi Vis vest over camoflage clothing. There are filters already in place. Use them, take control of your own profile, message who you want and you don't have to worry about the quality or number of messages you receive.

"Yes! You can't tell me that every female on here gets a full inbox & if they do then that's their fault for being lazy to use the block button.

So the issue itself is the huge amount of messages women receive from men? Does that mean that your suggestion is manly focused on men having to pay for messages? Because there are plenty of those sites ( where only the men have to pay) and statistically speaking those sites have more catfish and fake profiles ( and more angry and frustrated men) then anywhere else on the internet. I think the fact that on fab you can get verified and other people can vouch (that you are genuine) is the best way to get the most out of a site like this."

Yeah i happened to fall foul of site like that before i found here about 10 years ago. Full of Bots just to try and milk money from guys. I figured it out quite quickly though

I understand where you are coming because I know myself that a lot of charge per message sites have AI profiles to encourage spending.

You probably also know as well as I do that you can only be verified by someone who is already verified and most that aren't verified don't get given the time of day just because they ain't verified regardless if they're male of female.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

near Chesterfield

I wouldn't like Fab if it turned into one of those places.

I'd like to see a '3 Strikes' rule or similar.

I would say if you're a site supporter then everything stays as it is now. You only get charged per message if you're not a site supporter

[Removed by poster at 18/06/21 15:05:08]

Problem with 3 strikes out your out is a lot of people turn nasty when they don't get what they want & I believe they will just make malicious/fake reports against others when they don't get what they want.

We have all had someone become a complete bellend after rejecting them.

Loved the analogy! Camo with a hi-vis.

Belfast

"I would say if you're a site supporter then everything stays as it is now. You only get charged per message if you're not a site supporter"

Being a site supporter doesn't absolve you of all sins or make you any better than non paying members and as already asked how does that work if a site supporter tries messaging someone who isn't? They couldn't reply without paying

Belfast

"Loved the analogy! Camo with a hi-vis."

If you use the reply and quote option it's easier to see who you are replying to.

By *moothGrooveWoman  over a year ago

Durham

A charge for the first message in a conversation actually sounds like a good idea! It would eliminate a massive amount of 'wuu2' and cut and paste crap. People may put a little bit more thought into the message, and it may reduce the amount of people who go for the scattergun approach.

I totally see what you're getting at but what's site supporter cost?

Around £10 a month depending if you choose gold or silver.

We can all see who is a supporter & who is verified so that would clearly be the sender's problem for not looking before messaging someone.

Messaging would just move off site

That's kind of what I was getting at but I already knew most here would be against it for a plethora of reasons.

The main one being most are only here because messaging is free.

"It would feel more shitty then it already does when you send a message & get ignored or deleted.

I'm just after thoughts & opinions.

"

But your suggestion will increase the probability of your message being ignored or deleted, if the person you've messaged has to pay to message you back.

Not necessarily, it would actually increase the probability of your massage actually being seen as there would be far less junk mail & spam to filter through.

As messages are free people seem to think it's cool or the norm to write a message & then copy it before spamming everyone with it in the hope for just one reply.

I believe the only reason admin don't do anything about the people that machine gun message is because it makes everyone spend more time on the site then they want/need to.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"

4. It would also stop people having multiple accounts as most here only have one payment method which will be picked up on when paying for site services."

Everyone else has dealt with the rest of your post, but what I would like is for you to explain to me why I shouldn’t have two accounts? I have my solo one and a couple one, as do a lot of people. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to the problem with that?

Delt with the rest of my post, hahaha triggered much??

You clearly miss the point!

I'm not on about the people that have a couples & a singles account.

I'm on about the people that have multiple accounts to hide certain things.

I'll leave it to your imagination to think what them things may be.

By *lackCherry...Woman  over a year ago

North East

"Delt with the rest of my post, hahaha triggered much??

You clearly miss the point!

I'm not on about the people that have a couples & a singles account.

I'm on about the people that have multiple accounts to hide certain things.

I'll leave it to your imagination to think what them things may be."

Just checked out your profile, you sound quite bitter and angry in it, that might be why you don't get many messages, it's very off-putting

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

"That's kind of what I was getting at but I already knew most here would be against it for a plethora of reasons.

The main one being most are only here because messaging is free."

Not sure this is correct. I don't think people are here because messages are free.

A well thought out message would get a response. But it would still only get a response if the recipient was interested in said sender.

Messages are limited, so users who copy and paste messages will soon reach the limit.

The site provides all the tools to stop unwanted messages from people you don't want contact from.

There is a filter to stop non site supporters from messaging. So would it not be easier to use that than try and make none site supporters pay?

[Removed by poster at 18/06/21 18:15:32]

Also as you have highlighted people having a singles & couples account, yes I do feel that should be banned!

I have no interest in women that are already taken, owned, in a relationship or married but there isn't anything stopping someone that is in any of the above lying on their singles profile to trick people like me that wouldn't play with another man's woman into doing so.

I'm not saying it's something you would do but there are people here that would & do so yes... Ban multiple accounts!

As you'll see it was updated today, it actually used to be pretty sound.

It now sounds bitter as that's what I was aiming for as I'm now only interested in chatting in the forum's & not actually meeting.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

You acctually dont need the feature as it already exists. You can block non premium members in the message filters.

All valid points but the filters don't always work.

I have only women selected yet when I search who's nearby it's all men, men, men & more men.

If it's only men nearby me then it should show me the closest women or no one at all.

Yes, I know I can also use advanced search but should I really have to when the filters are already set on my profile?

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Also as you have highlighted people having a singles & couples account, yes I do feel that should be banned!

I have no interest in women that are already taken, owned, in a relationship or married but there isn't anything stopping someone that is in any of the above lying on their singles profile to trick people like me that wouldn't play with another man's woman into doing so.

I'm not saying it's something you would do but there are people here that would & do so yes... Ban multiple accounts!"

Perhaps a swinging site isn’t the place for you.

While this site may of originally been made as a swingers site it clearly isn't solely for swingers.

Also, you're probably right as I have high morals & standards.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"All valid points but the filters don't always work.

I have only women selected yet when I search who's nearby it's all men, men, men & more men.

If it's only men nearby me then it should show me the closest women or no one at all.

Yes, I know I can also use advanced search but should I really have to when the filters are already set on my profile?"

If you're using "Who's Near" to search then you need to select the "Who Match Your Preferences" option at the top and if you don't have "Men" selected in your "Looking For" the cocks will magically disappear

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I'm interested in how many messages makes a mailbox full? I currently have 180 unread messages and about 30 read ones but am still receiving them

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Or they could just make it members only and increase the membership cost

I've always thought £5 was crazily low, but I guess it's that cost because even people who are only on here to browse are happy to pay it

It's possible the site makes more revenue this way than it would if it were to charge genuine members say £20pm

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Or they could just make it members only and increase the membership cost

I've always thought £5 was crazily low, but I guess it's that cost because even people who are only on here to browse are happy to pay it

It's possible the site makes more revenue this way than it would if it were to charge genuine members say £20pm "

I wouldn't pay that to be on here and I'm sure a lot if others wouldn't either.It would cause a lot of genuine people to leave if the price went up that much.

It's not hard to use filters and ignore crappy mail.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"While this site may of originally been made as a swingers site it clearly isn't solely for swingers.

Also, you're probably right as I have high morals & standards."

Possibly the final nail in the coffin. Wow

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think everyone will want to message others but many won't want to pay the site for features. It is almost as good as making the site a pay for use site, which runs counter to the stated objectives of Fab. Either it's free or a paid for site IMO. And I think many of us would prefer to keep it as a free access site, with just optional extra features that you can pay for, above and beyond essential abilities such as making contact with others.

There are potentially other tools that could aid messaging filtering and management, if people need this

» Add a new message to this topic