FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > New User Expierence and Message Content

New User Expierence and Message Content

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oungmaclad OP   Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

So I recently had a friend join the site as she as an alternative to the usual dating apps out there. I prewarned her of what to expect from the site at first and to just ride out for first few days of messages as they will calm down once she looses the little tag showing she is new to the site.

Anyway, after a day or so she deleted the account and said "nahh, it got to much and it put me off"

So that got me to thinking about the whole new user expierence and the content of messages in general, mostly from a point of view of anyone who isn't a single male. Let's be fair we have a very different expierence to the rest of the user base.

Those of you who have been around for a while understand the whole expierence of cock shots and several hundred messages a day and just "get on with it" and it becomes another day on fab. But for new users to the site this is incredibly off putting, for people who may just want to dip their toes in and see what the whole thing is about and I feel like the site as a whole can do more to try and make this better for these people and other long term users.

My first thought was the new profile icon, we all know while this is around the profile attracts way more attention for one reason or another.

I understand the idea behind the tag on the profiles but feel it could be changed to work differently.

Why does it have to be something that can be searched on?

The fact you can very quickly just view all new profiles regardless of where they are in the country, what use does this actually serve apart from to attract more unneeded attention. Frank in Brighton does not need to know that Janet in Glasgow has just made a profile? For the sake of the argument and you were looking for someone you knew who was new to the site. You would use the name search or just the advanced search to find the account would you not?

Why does a new account get flagged in your local area? Again it this whole aspect just attracts an excessive amount of people to a new profile, and for the rest of us gets very repetitive when the same few profiles gets created once or twice a week.

Why do we even need to highlight a brand new profile, it already shows you the age of the profile on the profile itself? I know new profiles can be blocked and this can be kept in place by changing it to block people based on a predetermined age of the profile, you could even go one step further and allow a profile to choose how old the profile has be. Subscriber bonus?

And the big point that affects everyone, not just new users.

The content of messages, or should I say, How many cock shots can you send a user in one message?

Let's be honest it's a known peeve but other dating sites have the advantage on this front. The users have to either choose to move communication away from the site to send these, at which point it's no longer their problem and is down to the individuals, or users can choose to allow another to be able to send them images on the site. Just because this is a site that is aimed at the casual sex audience doesn't mean that everyone wants this all of the time.

Fab already has the image content tagging implemented as a part of the upload and to my knowledge this is monitored by the image moderation/approval people. Could this functionality be extended to the messaging and use this to restrict on the type of content that can be sent with the messages?

Allow a user to choose what kind of pics or how they want to be able to receive per message. Let's be honest, nobody really enjoys receiving 5 cock pics when you asked for a face picture.

Having a global preference for a profile could be helpful and would reduce the problem of the unwanted/unneeded images. It could then be altered on the global scale as they want. For new users this would just be set to none x rated pics initially and from then on they can choose to change this. As an added bonus for site subscribers allow them to be able to fine tune this based on individual profiles or profile types.

I know some of this may appear like it is aimed at single guys and well yeaa it mostly is. For the genuine guys who aren't here to spam their cock and harass people then changes like this wouldn't affect them at all.

And for the rest of you it would certainly improve the day to day life. If you do have xrated pics you want to send or make visible to people straight away, slap them on your profile!

This is the first time I have really submitted and kind of feedback and having been on the site for many years now it's become an ongoing issue that and a bit of a joke about the site that reflects badly on the whole expierence.

Let me know what you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Why didn’t you tell her about filters? If I introduced a woman to Fab, I’d explain that before she created a profile. Maybe even recommend hiding her profile while she gets her bearings.

By *oungmaclad OP   Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

She did add the filters and these were set at something like 25-40, not an unrealistic age range but they only go so far at making a dent and even then don't change the content of messages.

The filters are useful and work to an extent but at the same time the site does not actively push people into using them, I know there's the little "you should consider adding" part for new users. But apart from that they are tucked away in the settings and never mentioned again. For users who are new and haven't had someone to coach them, the idea of hiding a profile is none existent as they won't know its a thing as its never mentioned and again is just tucked away. We know it because we have used the site for however long.

Maybe the message settings should be included in the account creation step where the user adds the profile preferences to push users to add these in initially from the start? When the user specifies an age range automatically put that in place as the filter, and the same again for the different profile types.

This is what I mean about the site doing more for the new users. To join a casual sex site you shouldn't need people to coach you through it.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You've posted your suggestions in the right place .

My personal suggestion of you recommend a friend in future would be to get them to set their mail filters so that they can't be mailed at all. They can then have a look round at their leisure, establish an age range that suits them and if they want more control they can contact the people they're interested in rather than just have messages flooding in.

By *urboSquirrellMan  over a year ago

downtown

Even for the toedippers have a social meet every so often for new ppl

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

One benefit that could be introduced is that only supporters can message me people... A massive revenue generating opportunity!

Slightly pay to win though

» Add a new message to this topic