FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Replacing the "wink" function.

Replacing the "wink" function.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hitepepper006 OP   Man  over a year ago

Northampton

I think it's time for the wink button to go.

It's supposed to be a way to show interest and potnetially open up conversation.

However I think it's time it was swapped for the following reason:

1) A message shows as much interest and often more than a simple wink.

2) Winks like messages get buried under 100s of others making them even less useful to users.

3) whilst a wink may show interest, they will be misinterpreted as people have very differing opinions in what a wink does and means.

I believe it should be removed and replaced with a different function that allowed users to registered interest and show that they want to talk.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think it's time for the wink button to go.

It's supposed to be a way to show interest and potnetially open up conversation.

However I think it's time it was swapped for the following reason:

1) A message shows as much interest and often more than a simple wink.

2) Winks like messages get buried under 100s of others making them even less useful to users.

3) whilst a wink may show interest, they will be misinterpreted as people have very differing opinions in what a wink does and means.

I believe it should be removed and replaced with a different function that allowed users to registered interest and show that they want to talk. "

I disagree.

1) People can already message instead of winking. You can do that if you think your winks are not working for you.

2) Most members don't get 100's of winks daily.... unless they are hot newbie females. If people aren't responding to winks it means they either aren't interested in the sender or they don't look at them at all

3) People will always have differing opinions of what something means and that will apply to whatever replaces the wink too.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Not sure the wink button needs to be removed but for us they're just like spam - an annoyance. Despite clearly asking not to be sent winks, we still get them every day from guys who don't match what we're ssking and clearly didn't even bother to read our status let alone our profile.

Even if winks were removed, the people who send them would just revert to lazy one line messages. It's just the way it is.

Maybe limiting the number of winks/messages people can send in a given period would focus a few minds on quality rather than quantity but I don't think that would be acceptable here.

» Add a new message to this topic