FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Same sex block

Same sex block

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ilad4kicks OP   Man  over a year ago

Ashford

Dear Fab, can we have the function of if you’ve blocked same sex on your profile then you are also not allowed to view their profile.. I think it’s only fair …

As an example I get guys looking at my profile but when I go to look at theirs it says I can’t as the person has blocked males??? How’s that work.. I just think it should be for both parties not just one..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

As always when this question is asked, does it matter?

By *ilad4kicks OP   Man  over a year ago

Ashford

Well I just think it makes it fair that’s all. I had one guy constantly looking at my profile so in the end I just blocked him as I just didn’t think it was fair that’s all.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

As far as I'm aware you can't block a certain sex from looking only from messaging albeit I stand to be corrected..

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

"Dear Fab, can we have the function of if you’ve blocked same sex on your profile then you are also not allowed to view their profile.. I think it’s only fair …

As an example I get guys looking at my profile but when I go to look at theirs it says I can’t as the person has blocked males??? How’s that work.. I just think it should be for both parties not just one.. "

Do you mean messages or actually viewing a profile?

If you use a message block. You can still view whatever profile you like.

The message filters won't stop you looking at a profile. It will only stop you messaging them.

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Sorry. That end bit came out wrong. If messages filters have been used. It won't stop people having a look at profiles. It will only stop them being able to message.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What about people who block a certain group in filters so as to not get bothered as they like to search themselves? For example if I don't want to receive lots of messages from men preferring to search myself for one?

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Dear Fab, can we have the function of if you’ve blocked same sex on your profile then you are also not allowed to view their profile.. I think it’s only fair …

As an example I get guys looking at my profile but when I go to look at theirs it says I can’t as the person has blocked males??? How’s that work.. I just think it should be for both parties not just one.. "

Let me guess, you keep a eye on your looked at me list and when it goes up, you get disappointed when it turns out to be a bloke or a TV/TS.

By *ungTopLS7Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I have plenty of women who look at my profile. It doesn’t bother me one bit. In fact I’m flattered.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"As far as I'm aware you can't block a certain sex from looking only from messaging albeit I stand to be corrected.."

That's what I thought. I have couples and females blocked but they can still view the profile.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I have nothing to add besides calm down

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Dunno how a post about this is going to achieve besides more looking

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We think the block filter should also apply not only to certain sexes of people messaging you, but that your profile is not visible to those blocked sexes at all. For us it would be M/MM/TV&CDs.

An example of why for us is: My partner is Bi and we are here to find women.

We had an issue of my partner unwantedly being sexually harassed at work by a male colleague, because he gad heard she was Bi and that made her easy. And had to take it further in court. He recently found our profile on here and stated messaging her again thinking if we are on here then shes fair game, which is not the case, its women shes interested in, not other men.

If he couldn't see us on here from the start that would saved a lot of worrying for my partner.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"We think the block filter should also apply not only to certain sexes of people messaging you, but that your profile is not visible to those blocked sexes at all. For us it would be M/MM/TV&CDs.

We had an issue of my partner unwantedly being sexually harassed at work by a male colleague, because he gad heard she was Bi and that made her easy. And had to take it further in court. He recently found our profile on here and stated messaging her again thinking if we are on here then shes fair game, which is not the case, its women shes interested in, not other men.

If he couldn't see us on here from the start that would saved a lot of worrying for my partner. "

On the other hand you could just give a lot less away about yourselves, your location etc. than you presently do to anyone who clicks on your profile.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"We think the block filter should also apply not only to certain sexes of people messaging you, but that your profile is not visible to those blocked sexes at all. For us it would be M/MM/TV&CDs.

If he couldn't see us on here from the start that would saved a lot of worrying for my partner. "

If you have blocked males messaging you how could he do so? If it is that much of an issue why not just make all your pictures 'private' and just send them to those that interest you..

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

As an example I get guys looking at my profile but when I go to look at theirs it says I can’t as the person has blocked males??? How’s that work.. I just think it should be for both parties not just one..

Let me guess, you keep a eye on your looked at me list and when it goes up, you get disappointed when it turns out to be a bloke or a TV/TS. "

I think if he blocks single men from mailing him the men don't show in the looked at me list anyway

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

At a guess it sounds like he looked at your profile then decided to block you.

» Add a new message to this topic